Junji Ito Collection

This is how you do a comedy. Souichi is a character with clearly defined traits and whose actions lead to either victory or terrible embarrassment. It has punch lines, dramatic irony and proper setups and payoffs. The basics of what makes comedy comedic and it does so well. On the other hand shit team epic has:
>LOL REFERENCE XD
>Lol Man Voice XD
You're missing out on the actual comedy this season anons.

>I'm going to touch you with a frog LOOOOOL

neither are good
the ito junji collection is just a bad adaptation

Yes that's the setup.
The payoff is that Souichi himself is a pussy in denial who's afraid of spiders himself.

It's kind of a shame that they started with the curses on the trees chapter and not the previous volume. I really liked the ending of the grandma chapter.

Quick reminder that we're getting The Groaning Drain next time.

Pretty bad.
To be expected because it's for television and you can't just show violence.

At least it's an adaptation. I need my Junji fix, and so far it's better than Gyo.

How did this fat fuck fit in their drain anyway?

I enjoyed both Junji Ito anime and Pop Team Epic. I guess I don't exist though, right OP? All you people whining about Pop Team Epic should just stop. It's not like you brainlets are going to convince any of us that its not good all of the sudden, when we're enjoying it. You sound like a bunch of whining liberal babbies.

By believing in himself and doing his absolute best, user!

I like both

>*chases you with dead spider*

I love the early 90's atmosphere.

That one scene is the unintentionally funniest bit imo. The lack of any voice acting. The weightless way it's animated. idk why but it comes together excellently.

REEEEE NORMIES the anime.
The part about this guy at least.

Souichi is literally me

Stop biting your nails.

I expected this to be bad, but it's actually excellent. I'm glad that they decided to go for the comedy/grotesque angle instead of trying to make it work as a pure horror (which would never work given Ito's approach). A pleasant surprise.

It's autism: the show.
It's gonna be an Sup Forums star popular show. Hell, half of Sup Forums IS Souichi

Expected dumb horror, got dumb retard. Basically each Ito manga ever.

Expected this show to be, well, a retelling of his horror stories. Not... This. It's funny, but i demand at least one drrrrr this season.

Dude next episoide is going to be ebin!

Pop team epic epic, or just epic? this is a game changer for me

It's been a good adaptation so far though

I'm that user from a previous thread who found stuff CR censored. Here's another thing I found while working on PAS's release. The uncensored screencap comes from Hulu which is the "complete" edition but it was uncensored even in the "r15+" edition that wowow broadcasted on TV. I'm assuming they're saving "complete edition"-only decensoring for when the gore/blood comes in.

t. someone who never read a junji comic

What the heck.

not that user but I read all his stories and I agree with him.

will they animate souichi's /ss/ adventure?

"Fashion Model" has already been confirmed, yeah.

I dunno if a Souichi episode was really the best to start with, but I enjoyed it. I liked the first Pop Team Epic episode too so I'm happy to have two shows to watch.

How is a humorous scene in a black comedy unintentionally funny? I feel like I'm on Gaia

Too bad they probably won't animate Splatter Film.
Best story by far.

I'm just happy they're doing Oshikiri and Long Dream.

How did he get with her?

Is this getting animated?

>I feel like I'm on Gaia
You might as well be.

>successful business man
>married to a gigantess super model
at some point souichi became a true chad

not in the collection so probably not

When is episode 2 coming out? I thought episode 1 was great, Souichi's voice was fucking perfect.

He probably traded cryptocoins on the side.

>Crater face is erupting baby

Every time

What the fuck is Crunchyroll doing?

This wasn't scary, unsettling or funny. The doll part was the best and it was two minutes long.

Friday

Now that the initial disbeliefe that this show is a OC. and comedy at that, i love it. I expected it to be retellings of his dumb stories, but this is great too

Is it normal for horror writers to also be good at comedy? The manga about his cats was pretty fun too.

His cat manga was 10/10 parody of horror. I'm sure he's a master of deconstructing horror in a funny way

>best part is a mere moment from the ending
>Not really scary
Its the pefect adaption

Is Souichi, dare are say, /our guy/?

I*