Isekai

Are there even any MCs with acceptable stu levels in these stories?

Other urls found in this thread:

over-lap.co.jp/narou/865543025/
novelupdates.com/series/akuyaku-reijou-wa-ringoku-no-oitaishi-ni-dekiai-sareru/
comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_FL00200168010000_68/
ncode.syosetu.com/n7671do/
novel18.syosetu.com/n7217ei/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not in web novels.

did the author drop the wn? its been so long since the last update.
i think the ln will almost catch up

Dungeon Seeker

No. all isekai are power fantasies with varying degrees of videogame mechanics.

El Hazard.

Something probably up with the author? The last LN release was August last year and the last WN chapter was July last year.
The manga is also progressing at a snail's pace.
But who knows.

Fuck Reiji. That guy made me drop the series.

Pic related.

ACYICAC
Nothing personnel, kiddo.

Has anyone translated this yet?

That depends on what you call acceptable.

Sure. But I only remember a story is isekai if it's shit and has a Stu.

Can you atleast give us an example

Explain further friend?

Typically dense morality and justice hero.

Technically he just cooks.

Everything else is technology and an industrial society.

Hajime, the Demon king

Really? I thought the dense morality and justice hero would be the type of hero that thinks the demon race is evil no matter what.

>doesn't have or bestowed OP powers
>doesn't flaunt his native knowledge or abilities as being superior
>not an instant harem protag
>has some difficulty getting used to his new setting

Don't care if people hate it

Only those who not know demons would say that, aka reiji.

YMA comes to mind

dorothy best girl

>doesn't have or bestowed OP powers
Has OP powers because he's in Africa of worlds
>doesn't flaunt his native knowledge or abilities as being superior
Literally boasts his cool, modern and complex magic to overwhelm the main heroine
>not an instant harem protag
Implying
>has some difficulty getting used to his new setting
He's had absolutely no issues so far

This reminds me of the MC of a series of web novel written by the same author of the Vending Machine Isekai called "Jibun ga Isekai ni Teni Suru nara" Unfortunately there's no English translation of it as far as I am aware of it. In fact, the getting isekaid made the MC's life tragic as fuck.

But on the other hand, with all those traits that you have mentioned, you have completely useless cuck MC like the RE:ZERO cuck.

>Explain further friend?
He's a hero without any heroic qualities whatsoever. he's can't really be called good; just a stupid, ignorant, arrogant, and deluded fool. How can you call someone good if he just do whatever people with common sense and with good-will would do? But then everyone praises him and women throws themselves at him for no reason at all. Yes, even worse than isekai harem MC standards. He never does anything truly good and heroic. Furthermore, a hero is pretty much born out of conflict, both externally and internally (his personal conflict) and he has to struggle to overturn stronger adversaries, many hopeless situations, against all odds. What does he do in that situation? He usually gets his ass covered by somebody else, including by his own Infinity+1 sword which has her own personality. How lame is that?

(continued )
In the first place, we aren't given any reason whatsoever to sympathize for him, no background, motive, or anything to relate to. I kept wondering why then we have to follow a story of such bland characters, often for almost for one whole chapter (the LN chapters are long) narrating him and his party. This is why my impression of him is that he's arrogant and stupid, because even when they are given cheat powers nobody would suddenly throw themselves at the demon king's army without a strong personal resolve at all. All that came from his mind is probably how to test his cheat power, get stronger and his own self-conceited notion of heroism, so naturally without any clear idea he just keeps getting carried along by people with more strong personality like MC in the end.

Honestly I wouldn't care that much if he isn't covered much and if he's just a passive sidekick that gets barely covered in the series, but he's not. That's what made the series unbearable to read so I had to drop it. His personality makes him not deserving anything other than an early casualty for MC's character development (I honestly thought he would). I don't hate moralfag characters. In fact, I really like them, cried a lot when I read the Faraway Paladin (Will is a pretty good guy). Even Subaru from Re:Zero feels more heroic compared to Reiji.

Two weeks till the next chapter and still no translation. I'm sad.

I haven't read that deep into the WN yet. (Only at around chapter 100). But if you reread chapter 16 of the WN, you'll see a major spoiler given by the author himself at the end of the chapter.

The author essentially dropped the WN a long time ago. The last few volumes are just copy and pastes from the LN. You won't see anything on the WN page until awhile after the next volume comes out. The LN's have been averaging about 8 months per release since he caught up with the WN version, and 8 just came out at the end of August. I wouldn't expect anything new till late spring or summer.

>The manga is also progressing at a snail's pace.
Eh, it's average so far. The manga only started last December, and it's monthly.

Wait that guy gets entire chapters. That sounds awful.

>All that came from his mind is probably how to test his cheat power, get stronger and his own self-conceited notion of heroism

Well now you're just making shitty assumptions.

But I do agree with you saying that a hero is pretty much born out of conflict. It seems like the problem with a lot of Isekai stories is that a random person is just summoned to the world and be named a "hero" without doing anything worthy in the first place, and that is just fucking retarded.

I find the manga pace to be a bit too slow.

> last December

To be fair, it was also suggested that the summoned heroes are also influenced by the goddess who grants them their divine blessing which is a plot point of the story.

HAREM SHENANIGANS
Virgin jokes
from 2006

I'm trying to think of the ideal isekai MC. The first part is finding a middle ground between world-busting pussy magnet and impotent doormat. A guy who isn't afraid to give or take a few haymakers but by no means is a powerhouse is a good start. He'd have a normal sex drive, but wouldn't sperg out whenever he's within five feet of a female yet also wouldn't be able to conjure up a harem with a nice guy shtick. Having a grasp of social situations would also be nice: knowing who to befriend or avoid, knowing when to put his foot down and say fuck off, knowing when a girl's actively pursuing him, etc.
What does Sup Forums think? Would an MC like this be able to make a good isekai story? Are there any examples of one out there?

The ideal isekai MCs are female ones, like kumo, Maine and Yurushia

I can't think of a single, current, isekai writer who would manage that.

>Well now you're just making shitty assumptions.
I remember an annoying line where he's kind of euphoric to test his cheat power, to train and get stronger, rather than thinking of a reasonable goal or something like that, so it's not like I'm saying it out of nothing.
>It seems like the problem with a lot of Isekai stories is that a random person is just summoned to the world and be named a "hero" without doing anything worthy in the first place, and that is just fucking retarded.
I don't remember anything with MCs being handed everything on a silver platter right from the start, just as they get transported. Usually they get cheat power from the deities responsible of bring them up, but they at least have to pretend to make effort towards the reader, to work their way up to get recognized by the king or something like that. Even in Smartphone, Touya has to battle monsters first, save the princess, and invent some shit before he can meet the king, no matter how farcical his conducts are with his OP powers.

>To be fair, it was also suggested that the summoned heroes are also influenced by the goddess who grants them their divine blessing which is a plot point of the story.
What do you mean? I thought they were summoned by many different countries and the religion is monotheistic.

There are also some annoying stuff like how everyone capable of melee combat uses swords and katana aside from one princess, including an entire country full of swordsmen, but the fun chuuni magic shenanigans and the curbstomping one-sided battles make up for it. It gets kinda boring though, the more I read it.

>What do you mean?
Not that user, but if you read the story further, it's strongly implied that the summoning circle somehow fucks with their mind and they feel the desire that they must save the world.

What happens after he saved his cousin? Why does he suddenly fight the Duke and what happens to the Demon King?

Nothing happens, nothing resolved.
Its like asking what is happening in raildex.

>I thought they were summoned by many different countries and the religion is monotheistic
Yeah, different countries but one church so all the heroes summoned share the same deity's protection. Kinda weird since the heroes were summoned by mages who seem to follow a different order than the church.

And the next syosetu isekai WN is getting a LN. Overlap again.
I guess it won't be long till J-Novel Club jumps on it.

over-lap.co.jp/narou/865543025/

They sure understand the trend well

Jnovel will probably wait to see how it sells in Japan first. Is there a popular English fan translation of the web version?

I can't find it on novelupdates so I guess there isn't.

I guess the closest male MC that I could think of would be Shieldbro.

honestly this will remain the most unique isekai story to me for a long time, regardless of its quality.

When will there be a yakuza isekai? Not a delinquent, but a yakuza that is hard-boiled and sympathetic?

That'll probably reduce the likelihood they'll pick it up, most of their titles have shitty machine translations so they can capitalise on the existing popularity while promising better quality than MTL.

Put this guy in a normal isekai as the mc.

Does this have a female protagonist or is it just putting MC-kun's main girl on the cover as usual?

novelupdates.com/series/akuyaku-reijou-wa-ringoku-no-oitaishi-ni-dekiai-sareru/
It got a manga.

comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_FL00200168010000_68/

>not a harem
Damn, she'd look pretty good as the cuck main girl, in a harem of girls with down-to-earth designs like her (instead of the usual silly hats and costumes).

> No updates since summer.
Fuck you user.

I hate the hero summoning mechanic that some fantasy isekai use. In practical terms there's almost no guarantee who you summon will be receptive to being a hero, unless its guaranteed by some deity. Kuro no maou regardless of how shitty its pacing was had the sense to summon people, proceed to brainwash them and turn them into super soldiers rather than make it seem like they were anything other than means to an end.

Dunno. As far as I understood it, it's a whole class summoning like Arifureta and the MC isn't on the cover.
Also, the author seems to be revising the the normal WN (R15) and is giving it a R18 WN.

R15: ncode.syosetu.com/n7671do/
R18: novel18.syosetu.com/n7217ei/

I'm sorry, but maybe the manga will change that.

Why didn't they experiment with local undesirables though, and instead troubling themselves to summon otherworlders? I forgot.

Here's the thing, if summoning a yuusha was a thing and that counts as powering up and shit, then why not get a volunteer to power up? Instead, you actually get someone else from another world to power up and do your dirty work rather than having some random ass schmuck from your own kingdom to go through the power up.

>All the cheats were sold out when I met God in an isekai class transition
Oh fuck off. It's not clever or subversive anymore. Nothing short of this being a well written thought provoking biting commentary on socioeconomic strata and social inequity could possibly make this any good, and I doubt it is.

it was a hush hush kind of thing, they experimented with people with dark hair as they could justify them being the descendants of the old demon king who had japanese features, which were uncommon in their world.

They did that they ended up with half insane people who could wipe out a country and destroy whatever resources were worth taking over that had to be restrained with said mind control. They were the nuclear option where as the summoned people were used as foot soldiers that were meant to be get the job done and die in the process.

Some it is that Earth is a much more difficult world, and so an average human on earth is naturally much stronger than the world of the summoners.
Not enough time is spent on Liza.

I want to lick those scales so badly.

Wasn't he some kind of genius back in our world since his level is far beyond his age? The only reason he thinks is average is because his peers are all high ranking mages.

I'm not talking about Kuro no Maou, I'm talking about the concept of a summoned hero.

MC is the girl?

>only being the most tired fucking thing ever could possibly save it
or how about being a decent story with good character interactions instead of just getting some dickriders to latch onto it for its usefulness as propaganda

I don't anyone but Satou would be permitted. And I just noticed her elbow looks a bit narrow there.

That's what gets me, if you're going to "summon" something wouldn't you usually summon a god or an ancient hero or a powerful spirit bound to you like they do in Final Fantasy, instead of some rando teenage schmuck from nipponland who is given a rando superpower as part of the process and then you have to beg them to help you and bribe them with money and women?

Are those two dating yet?

sorry, well i guess the whole thing about summoned heroes is that its the stable of fantasy isekai, where as the person who just decides to volunteer and become the hero is more along the lines of D&D styled fantasy.

So when does he start romancing the lizard girl? So far where I'm at in the manga she's more of a side character...

Took me longer than it should have to realize you meant YaMA.
It maybe fails on point 3, and definitely fails on point 4.

No user, in the current state of isekai it's the "character interactions" and the "omg I actually gained a super sekrit power that turns me into Chad Thundercock and gets me all the bitches and teach my classmates a lesson" that's the overused and tired lesson. Having the MC struggle and end up half dead in a ditch because he's a normal human in a world of level 50 brigands and hasn't learned how to survive as a normal human in an abnormal world is what would be subversive. It's not even partisan political propaganda, it's literally a fact that if you have no cheats and everyone else does you're going to fall behind and get taken advantage of. The NAP is a meme, getting ahead and stomping on others who can't keep up with you is how this always turns out.

Never. He's only after 1 of the girls.

Maybe because if you try and try to take a bite of something you cannot chew its going to chew you ... FF in the past tended to have your summons fight you before they allowed you to summon then in battle, if you are trying to summon something that is far more powerful you are and that summon takes offense, do you really think that is a good idea?

In an indirect way, she will not marry anyone weaker than her. So only Satou qualifies for this.

>is what would be subversive
Or you could make something good.

I think he intended to at least initially wait until some were older for some reason, but now he wants Aze who told him to have 100 children first, and he decides to become a god instead if I remember correctly. I know there is world exploration, but I wish it would focus more on developing the original characters instead of a series of additional side characters.
Satou just needs a personality fix first, he has multiple people who want him and he ignores them.

You mean like in ZnT were Saito despite getting instant knowledge of how a weapon worked because of the rune still had a lot of problems?

True, its basically just cheats for revenge plots or wishful living were the summing parts and the powers dont really matter.

So Sup Forums.

>fantasy world with magic and elves and shit
or
>regular world with gender roles reversed

Which isekai would you chose to go to?

Fantasy world

Fantasy.

It's nigh impossible for something like "I'm the only weakshit in my class of cheaters" to be good when played straight. The field is too crowded already, the tropes are too well established. The only way to write anything interesting anymore is to break from the pack.

that? yeah i read it. Though i switched for the LN version early on, then had to wait until recently for a TLer to work with the LN releases appeared.

A fantasy world with elves and shitWith gender roles reversed.

How about a science fantasy world with advanced technology where "magic" is actually an observable phenomena and studied to the point where it is part of science?

So basically our world?

Fucking electricity and radio waves.

Translator openly dropped it too.

You want to go to nanoha's world?