Devilman Crybaby

Did you guys notice the final episode loops back into the first one?
Why is God so cruel?

No that's interesting does this mean that the first episode is a sequel to the last episode and have we reached infinite recurrsion yet? God is a computer and that is probably the only way to defeat him

Ryo/Satan is doomed to eternal suffering ;_;

Wait a minute, did Urobutcher literally steal this for Madoka

Objective Yuasa ranking:

Ping Pong > Tatami Galaxy > Crybaby > Mind Game = Night is Short > Kaiba > Kemonozume > Lu > Kick Heart

>Mind Game not on top
shit taste
it's like 100% pure Yuasa in all the best ways possible

www.strawpoll.me/14773709/

>cruel
It's another chance to do things different user. And in fact, that's what happens in Violence Jack. A kind of sequel of devilman

Is this anime worth watching?

yeah, the first episode is great, but kinda drops off, the ending isn't as strong as it could be, but it does a good job at attaching you to the characters.

what? The ending is the strongest part of the series, the last two episodes are literally the payoff

Tatami > Ping Pong > Kaiba > Mind Game > CCrybaby > Kemonzume > Lu > Kick Heart

Devilman Lady is the continuation to Devilman, not Violence Jack.

absolutely, it handles the material really well and does not shy away from HARD choices.

Weird thing about Tatami, I rewatched it recently for the first time since it aired, and it wasn’t as powerful to me. Especially when I compared it to Ping Pong.

If you're one of those 'ironic weebs' that have been spamming the board, yes.
If you have at least some self respect, no.

Tatami Galaxy > Ping Pong > Crybaby > Night is Short > Kaiba > Mind Game = Kemonozume

Yeah, but what happens next in the crybaby universe?

Stop trying to start divisive shit, this thread is for discussion.

It's canon that god has Satan on an infinite loop where he's reborn in an alternate world and fights and kills Akira as punishment for defying him.

God is literally willing to doom humanity and demonkind to an endless loop of extinction solely to spite one person for second-guessing him.

You have no idea what an ironic weeb is.

Stop trying to blend in so hard, it's sad.

And he deserves it, the fuck. He created his own hell out of pure selfishness.

(You)

And you think everyone else deserves this fucking fate? Nah you are a cunt.

“Yes”
I think Urobuchi even admitted he took inspiration from Devilman.

absolutely not

Then just read Violence Jack. It ends with Akira's reincarnation defeating Satan once and for all. Miki is a dog, though.

No, certainly not. But he is the one dooming humanity. He was the one that caused it all.

Not canon. Devilman Saga is after Lady.
I wish you Jackfags would fuck off.

I enjoyed it for what it was despite the many flaws. Why does shit have to be one extreme or another? Does a show have to be a 10/10 to warrant viewing or a discussion? Do you expect a recently released show to not have a retarded amount of threads, some genuine and bait?

If my son was that much of a faggy fuckboy, I'd timeloop him too.

Why didn't that idiot let humanity advance and get off that stupid rock

>God is cruel
>the dumb fuck who instigated the apocalypse isn't

Because God doesn't give a fuck about humans besides using them as a way to fuck with his son.

Same here. I rewatched both Tatami and Ping Pong about a month ago, Tatami didn't hold up that well but Ping Pong was even better on rewatch.

The were going to kill themselves anyway. Isn't that the main message of Devilman? Some atomic bomb analogy.

Just realized that Satan is literally grounded for misbehaving and him acting up again is getting all of his toys taken away.

>166776734
>samefagging this hard
That's sad

And God wins in the end proving Akira is a dumb puppet forever. No wonder Miki always fucks Amon.

The humans*

Not really, he let Satan destroy humanity and only then he destroyed him, which ironically made God the righteous one because he had a good reason to kill Satan then.

That was the irony of it. Satan realized he acted just like God.

Except in Crybaby he can't into feelings for some reason.

oops

That was my first post in this thread. What are you talking about?

Akira makes a harem (which includes Mikki and Ryo), and they live happily ever after.

Not really, Satan is the one who destroyed humanity in the end.

Satan acted worse than God since he's not even the creator.

Sure thing buddy.

>he let Satan destroy humanity and only then he destroyed him
Thank you for proving my point. If he actually gave a shit, he would stop Satan.
And no he doesn't destroy Satan, he just restarts shit.

He doesn't care about humanity and only wants Satan to return to him. Humans including Devilmen go to hell. Including those they eat. Jinmen? Akiras parents drag to hell cause he ate them.

Satan described God as cold for a reason. While failing to realize in Crybaby he was acting just like God.

But why did God destroy the demon earth in the first place?

It really was, but if you're just baiting or trying to stir shit have fun dude.

If you ignore the gay sex scenes. Just a little rushed. 13 episodes could be better for it.

Not really. Satan pointed out God created these creatures and throwing a fit because life didn't turn out the way you wanted was wrong.

Gods done this shit again, and again, and again. And life keeps on evolving down a path he doesn't like.

He didn't give a fuck about humans but he didn't use them. Satan did his own thing.

He tracked down his rebel son and to spank him.

Episode 1 and 9 are the best.

Did you read any interviews where he actually says that, or it's just that "it has been stated..." without providing any sources?
Devilman as a franchise is too much of a trainwreck to say something is or isn't canon without having Naggai actually makes an statement.

even though he didn't "direct" it, I like nekojiru the best.

It's obviously worse to genocide a race when you're another living being and don't want to get genocided yourself than when you're a cosmic creator who made that race in the first place.

You mean Akira is doomed to eternal suffering. He doesn't deserve that ;_;

He does deserve it.
Only bitchboys befriend evil gay guys.

This show is meh

No!

>can't defends his point without samefagging
>gets told
>y-you're just trolling!

You'll probably keep replying some nonsense or repeating the same shit until I stop replying so you get the last word, so I'll stop, just remember, having the last word on an argument does is not the same as being right, nor does samefagging to defend your position.

So that's the shit we're pretending to like this week?

No it isn't. God genocides all the time and the fact life refuses to be slaves to his will makes him a Demiurge.

Besides the real twist is that humans will evolve into demons, ironically exactly as Ryo said in Crybaby when pretending Akira became a demon on TV.

Devilman Saga in which Akira is married to Miki

>we
Good bye.

I love how people here were arguing about whether the show is "SJW" or "Sup Forums" when in fact it criticizes both Sup Forums-tier racist internet shitheads in the social media scene AND Japan's racism towards foreigners (remember Miki got bullied as a kid and assaulted as a teen for having white genes in her?)

I generally prefer the manga, but I think in this one area Crybaby had more balls in calling out Japanese racism more overtly.

Urobutcher took inspirations from VNs that took inspiration from mangas that took inspirations from Devilman

It's not that deep. I think they just needed a reason for Akira to defend Miki when she was a kid, and gaijin was the most suitable insult towards her.

You mean consumerist waifufag weebs are the "real" anime fans?

>Earlier episodes
>Akira: "Hey Ryo, do demons know how to love?"
>Ryo: "It's highly unlikely. Demons are pure creatures in a way. Their hunt and destructive urge are everything to them."
>Fast forward to episode 9
>Satan Ryo: "Akira....Right now, I'm feeling something."
>Satan Ryo: "What is this? Tell me, Akira, what is this?"
>Satan Ryo" Look at me! Why won't you say anything?"
This scene was actually perfect, and the soundtrack only made it better. It was at this moment I became the crybaby.

>Only bitchboys befriend evil gay guys.
What about Guts?
Is he a bitchboy?

And everyone else on Earth as well by his fault. What a faggot.

There's an official timeline user is talking about that shows Jack is just his typical crossover stuff.

It goes Devilman > Devilman Lady > Devilman Saga. Devilman Lady happening directly afterwards is even mentioned in alady where both went to hell immediately after dying for billions if years.

You should work on your reading comprehension.

>No it isn't
Yes it is. Being a god means different rules and morals apply to you. Having created something arguably gives you a right to undo it. There's an argument that can be made here, while Satan was 100% in the wrong, no doubt.

>the real twist is that humans will evolve into demons
That's not in the manga.

Now I have become the crybaby.

Yeah it's fucked up and sad that he will never be with his BFF forever. I just finished Crybaby and it was my first time watching anything Devilman. I thought it was going to be about a superhero who has frenemy rival. It was a 7.5 or 8/10 and I like how it was 10 episodes since I feel going any longer would've been dragging the story. The last few eps really reminded me of Mother! (and I guess the ending too even more)

Nah, I'd say it was a conscious choice given that Devilman focuses heavily on prejudice and humanity's inhumanity towards one another. If you're mixed race, you just get shit from twice as many people. I'm gonna give the Geass man more credit; I truly believe the first few eps had some retarded shit in them but as it went on he got Devilman's ideas more and more.

It's really just anti the shitty side of humans.

Humans deserve it to be honest.

I honestly wasn't samefagging, but I know nothing will prove that to you. I have no idea what you're on about dude other than 'ironic weebs like it'. If you dislike the series come and add to the discussion or critique.

t. Demon scum

I don't know about humans as a whole but faggots like you clearly do.

Demons weren't even that bad, psycho jenny was based.

>Loops
It's new world.

CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIN

I just finished Crybaby(my first experience with the series) and I gotta say
She didn't deserve it, she literally did nothing wrong.

I love that Kaim got NTR'd in this version.

It's going to happen isn't it. 2 weeks from now nobody is going to be talking about this show because Netflix likes to release things in batches like the faggots they are.

It was a rip-off from Devilman Saga. In any case, Miki is supposed to be the girl-next-door while Ryo is the exotic girl (male) that change the MC's world

Humans themselves will evolve into Gods with a capital G but God keeps trying to stop it. Olympians, Sumerians, Aztec, etc. all evolved humans.

God being wrong is the entire point because the virtue known as justice does not exist in heaven. And when a heavenly virtue is missing in Heaven but can be found in Hell of all places then God has to have messed up. Akira even preferred hell for that very reason. He even joins up with Satan in Lady because he learned this truth.

>rip-off
Can you really consider it a rip-off when it's essentially the same franchise?

Alright, I didn't know that one was translated; it's neat that Nagai addressed this too later on.

And he liked it!

None of that is in the manga. Good thing because that'd make it somehow even more retarded.