Is Devilman Crybay the new Evangelion?

Is Devilman Crybay the new Evangelion?

If Evangelion was a piss poor adaptation, rushed as fuck with bad animation.

To be fair, Anno has stated multiple times that Devilman was one of his inspirations when doing Eva.
If anything Evangelion is the Devilman of anime

it's also the new lain

>If Evangelion was a piss poor adaptation, rushed as fuck with bad animation.

Well, to be fair, Evangelion was definitely the latter two.

>If anything Evangelion is the Devilman of anime

Deep as fuck bro.

reset the world anime:
crybaby>lain>big O>nge

No, Crybaby is good.

I hope so. Can't wait for the crazy theories.

>rushed
everyone knows devilman
they only bothered animating the remake's original scenes and other stuff that got changed

Does Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi count?

>animation
They definitely MOVED nicely
you can't just memetically mutate a normal word with a meaning, you can only do so to buzzwords

Strictly speaking, language as a concept is memetic.

no.

Even if you like/dislike whatever Eva people still talk about it fucking over two decades since the first ep aired. Regardless of how good/bad you think devilman is no one is gonna be talking about it as much as they will still be talking about Eva in a year/decade/etc from now.

EVA ran out of money near the end lol

I just finished it minutes ago, and WTF.
This is literally unironically perfect.
I might just be an edgelord, but this is everything I ever wanted from an anime. It's definitely in my top 5 now

evangelion is shit too

Hahahahahaha you retard.
Devilman is 45 Years old, and many many many series are meta inherited from it.
The ending of the end of Evangelion is a Devilman reference.

I don't doubt that devilman fucks shit up as a manga, but since when outside of crybaby just coming out is the anime in as many conversations and debates as Eva? Forreal enlighten my ass.

Tbh the only reason crybaby will never be as talked about as Eva is because neither Miko nor Miki come anywhere close to being as memorable as Rei and Asuka

I think that is honestly the most accurate thing I've seen on here. didn't even cross my mind.

(just to clarify i'm not trying to hate on either show or say one is better than the other, i just think Eva is more and will be more talked about in the long run)

We're going to have people posting screenshots from it as reaction images for years, though.

You need a personality to be memorable
Reifags go away

Still better than that bitch nigger Asuka if we're being honest.

Is it good to be memorable if it's because you're a cunt?

Some people will always want to stick their dicks in crazy, no matter how much we tell them not to.

More like Rei and Asuka's designs were memorable. Rei was barely more interesting than cardboard.

Uh but Ryo and Akira are memorable.

Devilman was the old Evangelion. Anno stole the hell out of it.

watching episode 1 now
the engrish actually isn't fucking awful, nice
still noticeably engrish but not that bad

I mean it makes sense since Ryo is a jap and prof Kikisomething is some other brand of foreigner

for you Sup Forums

The lack thereof is what makes her so iconic

terrible quality, try again

well excuuuse me princess

yes, perfect

I wonder if in the hypothetical case that Devilman Crybaby were as popular as Naruto kids on schools would try to imitate that way of running

Why don't you have a seat over there?

>lol
>WTF
>desu
Fuck off.

Probably one of the WORST anime I've EVER SEEN. would not watch it again, only if you payed me.

What do you hate about it?

Found the Lucky Star fan.

Lmao fuck no

kinda felt to me like devilman crybaby's budget poofed into thin air too, if only for episode 10

it is the dark souls of anime

I feel the same way. I was on the edge about if it was really good or really shit until the last couple of episodes. In every anime, there is a scene where they could kill off a very important character and they never do. The moment they killed Miki off was the moment I knew this was perfect. It's like you said, this was everything I ever wanted from an anime.

The art style was a bit hard to get used to at first but I got over it. 10/10 but probably wouldn't recommend to my friends. Too edgy desu

No it's not

The Chad Stride.

Only in movies.

>Devilman Cry Baby's acknowledged Eva's contribution and threw a few references in the final episode.

>Netflix original
>Is too fucking popular

how so?

Some kids think that
And then there are kids who are proud of never watching Eva at all
Who the fuck cares

which kid are you