Steins Gate

Is Mayushii now the consensus best girl in S;G? I don't see as many Suzuha or Kurisu waifuism anymore compared to her and Maho

As far as I’m concerned it’s:

Suzuha > Mayuri >> Kurisu

No other girl/trap is worth considering.

Maho was never allowed that opportunity to be considered.

Mayushii is such a tragic character in 0...
Imagine being best friend with a guy that you love since you were little and then all of a sudden this bitch comes out of nowhere and steals him away from you and discovering he only sees you as a helpless pet that he needs to take care of
also you spend the next 26 years or so alone, even fucking Daru finds someone and has a daughter

She didn't deserve this.

More over, Mayuri has to live with the knowledge that her life comes at the expense of an unparalleled genius (who stole the heart of her beloved Kyouma) at that.
Making that all the worse is that she would live after 2025 thinking that her beloved gave his life for her sake.

Mayuri could not stop blaming herself over all of this.

Mayuri has always been good but she wasn't my favorite. It used to be Suzuha until perfection appeared in 0, though I am surprised so many people liked Maho, I didn't think she would be that popular.

It gets worse when she goes back and either helps Okabe get his shit together and save Kurisu, or go through time to that haunting scene in S;G and cease to exist, all in trying to help Okabe.

Mayuri doesn't find out Kurisu had to die to save her. Except for Gehenna's Stigma.

Same, Maho being actually well received was very surprising. I liked her, but people always find something to complain about whenever a new character is added to anything, and along with the animosity for 0 itself, I thought she would be hated and called a Kurisu rip off or something.

That's going by 2010-2011. It'd be a small comfort if Mayuri didn't get wind of this at all, but I don't think the lab can keep her oblivious past WW3.

I guess horny anons were too busy imagining to look for any flaws.

I think you got those a bit screwed, bud.

>Kurisu > Suzuha >> Mayuri

there, much better.

I hate that 2 of my favorite anime/VN characters are associated with weird sexual memes/copypastas.

Nobody "stole" anyone from anyone. Mayuri had feelings for Okabe since they were kids and yet she never pursued a romance with him. If Kurisu came later and developed a romance with Okabe while Mayuri just stood around being helpless, it's not her fault.

Honestly this is reason I have a hard time sympathizing with childhood friends. Most of the time they have clear feelings for the MC but they never actively pursue a romance, neither do anything to help themselves until there's a rival. If they lose, it's their own fault for not doing anything until the last minute.

At least Mayuri found happiness in the future with Kagari.

>There is nothing you can do to make this a reality

there's literally nothing I wouldn't do.

The pain eats my soul.

But everyone hates Kagari
Poor Mayuri can't catch a break

People hate Kagari because both of her storylines went nowhere.

Maho is not Kurisu. Several people may complain that Maho has a Kurisu complex, but nobody thinks that Maho even comes close to replace Kurisu.

This may not be a popular opinion, but Kurisu feels quite fragile and vulnerable while Maho seems more emotionally poised. Maho does not have Kurisu's adolescent tsun-tsun act and doesn't bother to maintain a facade, making her brutally honest emotionally speaking as an individual.

Kurisu > Maho > Suzuha > Mayuri >>> everyone else.

The "stealing" shit is just amusing shitposting. I don't think anyone could seriously claim that he was stolen if she was complacent for years.

But doe anybody--anybody at all--like Shining Finger?

I do enjoy Maho for her honesty and for acting generally like an adult, where I wasn't a fan of Kurisu because she acted too much like a kid/teenager at times but I know people like that and find it cute.

maybe if she wasn't so fucked in the head.

Twin Automata turned me from hating her into liking her quite a bit.

If Kurisu didn't come in and ruin everything Mayuri and Okabe would be together. Kurisu is only safe from being a homewrecker because it wasn't "official" yet.

no fucking way.

Mayuri would have maintained the same dynamic with okabe regardless.

She was slightly redeemed in 0, but overall she's still the most hated. It's kind of hard to get around shooting Mayuri in the face you know.

Kurisu's relative immaturity and vulnerability is honestly pretty cute and endearing. I totally get Maho's appeal and I really like her though.

Mayuri was pretty damn passive. She might have let him go for some other girl in the future if it hadn't been Kurisu who nabbed him.

I like Kurisu quite a lot, but Maho relates to me more. Kurisu is externally driven to make up for that hole in her heart while Maho's internally driven to prove her own worth to herself, and that intense inner struggle endears me to Maho more than to the little miss perfect that is Kurisu.

Maho is an adult. I suppose that's not a moe appeal to some people.

I am happy that the revelation of Kurisu's death had the effect of making Mayuri wake up and getting the courage to become much more honest about her feelings. Mayuri turned from a bit actress to a bona-fide labmember as such.

It's just a shame that it was too little too late. Okarin is unreachable now.

I don't know, Mayuri is also still in highschool, and also she comes into her own about her feelings pretty hard in 0.
I'm not saying that she would have gotten the push she needed if Kuruis didn't come into the picture, but it's also hard to imagine her being oblivious forever. Especially with all the force she had in 0, it probably could have been any little trigger at that point.

Not forever, but long enough for someone else to come into his life.

since when useless girls are waifu material?
Kurisu > Suzu > that pink haired idol > Mayuri > the girl who stares at the phone

That's the true rank

gfys

>useless
Not useless in beta worldline.

bitch doesn't even know what her name is

>the one who defuses arguments and ensures that the group actually functions is useless