HALP

HALP

MY NOSTALGIABONER CAN'T TAKE THIS

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/view/992977
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can't wait until Meiling comes back too and we have the full reunion

need webm of this

Is that a cardcaptor sakura remake? Is japan pulling a hollywood here?

I miss her.

>dat Platinum orchestral arrange

ARHGHHGAHGHRHGHGHGHGHHHHHHHHHHH

Nope it's from the hentai version

Continuation

Yeah, soft reboot. Pretty disgusting but we're trying to make the best of it.

I know, I wish they would find a better song to reference.

I'm sure we'll get CATCH YOU CATCH ME ZUTOOOO soon.

I'll give it a proper watch later on, but for now it's a little incongruous seeing these antiquated animation techniques in such an obviously modern show. 20 years have passed, animation has taken huge leaps forward, and even nominally Sakura has grown up, but the show is still trying to be exactly the same as it used to be. Perhaps if they had kept the colouring style and the aspect ratio the same as it used to be then I wouldn't mind, but with this I find myself wondering if it mightn't be better had they gone for a more contemporary style of animation.

I've forgotten how fucking stylish CCS can be. Is the staff working on this the same as the original anime?

The directing is pretty modern if you ask me. There are some animation throwbacks but it's very much animated like a modern anime. The ED is animated like the old anime too which is an awesome treat to old fans.

why wont she just fuck her brother?

>that one time sakura fucked up and deleted her father's research
>everything was ok in 24 hours of no sleep

They could have handled the first episode better though, it was pure nostalgiabait. It would have been ok to start the story and leave some character introductions to later when they become relevant. Almost all of it was taken by character re-introductions.

same cast and director and music composer

That is not the only boner this show gave me

It's similar to Guruguru, where it has retro designs, but modern animation techniques.
Pretty good start really, first episode was great.

Meiling in OP2!

user, tons of episodes WITHIN THE ACTUAL show re-did the typical morning routine to "re-introduce characters". There's nothing unusual about it, you're supposed to feel like a part of this daily life. There is no other way that a CCS sequel could begin.

Can I watch this without seeing the old series?

No

Fug.

Why wouldn't you want to watch the original series? It's fucking awesome.

To be honest though, you could probably read the entire manga in a day. Since it's only 12 volumes, and this new season is adapting the manga's continuation, not the anime which is quite different from the manga.

with a screen like that and about six more inches in height she'd be a star player on the basketball court!

oddly I got a nostalgia boner remembering the first film scene that drew may attention to my former favourite actress Lee Remick, she played a US High School cheerleader in that picture as I recall.

Comics are for children. Watch the anime, user.

You'd miss out on the amazing soundtrack and pre-postprocessing colours though.

How old Sakura and Tomoyo are in this?

And do Sakura still doing her cute sounds?

This new anime continues from the anime's ending though. Also aren't there the same number of cards as the anime, which had more than the manga?

yes

>giving a shit about a cuck
Oh well, Toya is getting new powers, time for round 2 for her to get cucked.

13-14

It's a sequel mish mash

Her brother isn't into monsters. He only likes young MILFs or pretty white haired boys.

manga has 19, anime has 52+1 if you count the movie

Movie is pretty much retonned by this anime.

Yes but wait until episode 15 is out, then start at 12:34 minutes in

>I'm so glad we're all together in middle school!
>Oh yeah except best girl Rika lol look forward to her brief cameo with drastically different sieyuu
At least she's dating Kamina-sensei in this timeline.

The picture on Sakura's phone made it look like she died or was that just me associating her dying along with her VA

They'll probably skip her cameo scene in the manga, it was brief and not that relevant

KAIJU!

I get the more conventional sort of boner.

>skip one of the greatest anime of all time to watch its sequel

Seriouly hope you don't do this.

Why are they so cute together?

Just because it retconned the last TV episode and the second movie doesn't mean they now follow the manga continuity. Sakura still have 52 cards in this new anime.

Where is a good place to watch then?

If that ever happens Sakura's HOEEE will make everyone in Tomoeda deaf for a few minutes

You should just buy it. A show that good deserves it.

Only Spinel sun has a different seiyuu. Everyone is the same even the director/series composition, and music

I want to see more Suppie

>even the director/series composition
That's great, only those people can contain the worst tendencies of CLAMP. pls no TRC

Do you know that CLAMP are writing it and designing all the costumes like they did in the original?

>her

They didn't exactly retcon the last episode either, and the sealed card was just not mentioned. They took bits of the anime ending and bits of the manga.

>CLAMP were tumblrina before tumblr was even a thing

Yes, but them being in an anime production staff instead of mangaka really restrain them.

People tend to hate on editors, but you see utter dogshit like Mighty No 9 when prima donna authors get no supervision. I bet Death Stranding will be shit too.

>tumblr invented traps
Go on, millenials should all just shoot themselves in the head.

It's a goddamn sequel. Not a reboot.

Fucking hell, this board...

Nakuru's a sexless magical construct, not a trap.

He's gay.

source

I don't know why, but I would like see Tomoyo as antagonist in this new series. Maybe something like, she's slowly starting to envy the relation between Sakura and Shaoran (perhaps not even consciously), and the final boss take advantage of this weak state of her and take her to the dark side, or at least for a while tho.

Nah, Chink girl is Tomoyo's endgame.

SHE HAS A NAME!

This time there's probably a real antagonist, no need to ruin Tomoyo for edgy shit no one except you would want to see.

It is literally a soft reboot. It's even easier to call it that than a sequel due to some alterations.

That would be super lame.

Go on.

She doesn't exist.

Yeah if your idea is attracting madokashitters it's probably edgy.

>some alterations
Literally 2 of them and they don't really impact the rest of the series. It's the fourth season, not a reboot.

Google "soft reboot". Fuckin' kids...

>and they don't really impact the rest of the series

Just be happy she ever existed at all.

> Mindbroken Tomoyo
I didn't know I wanted something like this.

Meiling has no reason to be Japan at the start of the series, doesn't mean she won't appear later.

She wasn't in Tomoyo's list of friends that support Sakura, though characters with less screentime were. She doesn't exist anymore.

>animation has taken huge leaps forward
No it most definitely has not.

Tomoyo mentioned their "friends in England", aka people with powers because they are dealing with a new magical thing, how could Meiling help with that?

Just watched the first episode. It was really bad. No action until the last 30 seconds. Hopefully the next one will be better.

I meant, 's suggestion is cliched by this point. Madoka did it, Symphogear did it, and Yuki Yuna did it.

nyaa.si/view/992977

> cliched by this point
Not the same user but, what is not cliched by this point and age?

This is the gayest shit I have ever read.

Some cliches are entirely indefensible. In CCS' case, it will lose more than gain if it actually turn Tomoyo into a Homura. And world-breaking love is more TRC's alley anyway (fuck you Clow), we don't need something like that.

He's just (You) farming, user

There is at least one series with original concepts that comes out every season.

I remember being fond of the original show.

Did they do well with this? Or will this just destroy the good memories i have of it?

Not even sure if the past one was good. A lot of stuff i rewatch doesnt seem amazing now. Maybe i'll just skip this

Tomoyo didn't even mention herself in that list (although she obviously supports Sakura and is her friend), because she doesn't have any powers.

His not-GF was an the most 10/10 woman CLAMP has ever done, don't blame the guy.

>what is not cliched by this point and age?
A story about the different kinds of love with good animation, likeable characters, great art and music, no edgy plot twists or pathetic attempts at subversions and actual romantic progress that isn't cheap love triangle or NTR bait, and that does it all while having some action and drama without ever losing it's lighthearted and warm tone.

Episode 1 was good and the original is amazing.

Not getting your point, everything that you said as been done to death before.

I usually end up hating or being unimpressed with everything I loved as a kid on a rewatch, but I've rewarched CCS several times and it's always good.

>everything that you said as been done to death before
Please point me to a series in the last 10 years that does all of those things.

Exactly, so pick your poison and shut the fuck up.