I miss them Sup Forums

I miss them Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/166623677/#166627607
youtube.com/watch?v=2KYYVrBX4v0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Maybe I'm just way too old, but the internet has honestly gotten smaller.

Back then there were tons of niche sites filled with niche stuff, and that was how it was supposed to be. People did their thing, same with subs. Now the internet's just getting smaller and smaller. Soon there will only be like 3 companies owning all the sites.

web 2.0 was a mistake

Madman.

It's happening everywhere
No more actual competition, just a few giants owning everything

I miss pre 10's Sup Forums and internet.

Made me sad to read this. But I guess it was to be expected

>Forums are dead
>tfw everything is just groups on facebook
I honestly would wish we still were in the MySpace, MSN/AOL timeline. I mean, shit, it was for turbo normalfags, but atleast everything wasn't happening on MySpace.

Crunchyroll did nothing wrong.

>Forums are dead
I blame mods.

Have you seen that ad for anime as a new obsession?

this question agonizes me the most: how long until there is no Sup Forums anymore and everybody just transitions into the next facebook-like fad?
And how many people do we have over these last 10-14 years

Forums being dead is a good thing, it was nothing by attention whores and mods that thought they were actually important for doing it for free

YAMEROOOOOO
But seriously, people don't really expect the internet to disappear do they?
I know it was fearmongering from a bunch of years ago but I still can't believe people actually gave into the mass hysteria

I blame the users, they're unwilling to nudge and try anythimg new, they want everything to be presented to them on the website(s) that they already browse through and know about.
If I were to ask you anons to follow a link to a picture or a video I found elsewhere then I'm certain you faggots wouldn't comply and would just ask, nay DEMAND that I upload it to Sup Forums, where you wouldn't have to visit another website.
Sup Forums is as much of a strain on the imageboard-sphere as reddit is to the BBS-sphere. It'll leave its mark when it's gone, but it will allow that part of the internet to flourish again.

It's the same hype like with the resent "net neutrality" thing. No one understands what's going on and everyone panics.

>MFW made one of those strips and noticed a typo way after it spread and I can never fix it and it will forever show my retarded typo

Why I do agree *some* fansubs were better than CR's current speedsubs, the whole "scene" with the drama and your average fansub group being a bunch of overweight divas holding shows hostage to get attention makes me think we have it better now than ever before. This is coming from a guy who used to buy hardsubbed vhs's back in the 80's.

>Western shit
>reads right to left
Terrible.

They were comfy as hell and you could just hop on elsewhere if you did not like how things were being handled
>attention whores, mods, important, doing it for free
Nothing has changed, these aspects are still present in the internet today just as they were over a decade ago.

>missing fansubs

Oh please the SOPA bullshit was a million times worse
Everyone was freaking out and it was just pointless panic

Lurk for 2 Centuries before posting.

>Now the internet's just getting smaller and smaller.

Not really.
The difference was that back then, you made a site that had a 1000 people on it and you were happy beyond belief.

What has really changed is the economics of scale. There's an extremely higher number of people using the internet nowadays and the economics of scale shifted.

The number of people who were there during Sup Forums's first year is eclipsed several times by all sorts of anti-chans that came about later.
They were all seen as failures for attracting too little traffic while Sup Forums merrily trucks on to this day.

It's just like the next-to-no views videos on Youtube nowadays. 2k views is a massive amount of people well in the ballpark of the old internet sites. Seeing that many views on a modern video wouldn't even satisfy a toddler.

Internet didn't change. You did.

>commercials in raws
>Keyhole TV
>Stage 6
>Realmedia video format
>Sub 1mbps download speeds
>tokyotosho
>spanish hardsubs
>4:3 aspect ratio
>That weird trenchcoat guy intro at the beginning of every love hina episode
>160 MB episodes
>interlaced vs progressive scan
Ah yes, mid/late 2000s.

Well niche sites do still exist, you just need to really look deep, deep into search results or know somebody who does.

But yeah I remember webrings, tiny fan sites, forums, which are totally dead now and used to be really close knit communities. People have moved on simply for convenience. Convenience over every other concern, including privacy and security.

I remember beautiful times where Commie wasn't a thing yet.

Honestly, after few years of reflexing with "fake nostalgia" i would say the only thing that you missing is the will to overcome your infantilism.

I think he meant that there are fewer sites nowadays. Not fewer people.

I don't. The fansub community was total cancer.

>Soon there will only be like 3 companies owning all the sites
But user, this is already the case for years

There is no internet in the future?

You have to be blind if you haven't seen the recent developements. Internet as we know it, will disappear in the near future. Every normalfag just wants convenience, which means in future A.I. like Siri will buy stuff for us and look for information. Microwaves will automatically heat up food after reading barcodes. Cars will drive automatically. We will be slaves by our own technology.

God I wish

no, only brain radiated local area wireless cells which transmitts data peer-to-peer

Can't really blame them when CR does nearly everything and 90% people want it fast.

The internet is constantly evolving, no shit the modern internet will disappear
The whole world keeps changing, obviously it won't be all good, but it won't be all bad either

>the times when creators didn't see a dime from their pirated works were good
kys

>kys
Fuck off.

kys

Kys

that's the spirit

the love of money is the root of all evil
they did it because they wanted to

You are right. Its not all bad...as long as you belong to the lucky 5% oft the World. Until ca. 2030 ai will take over around 50℅ of the worldwide jobs. Without generating other alternatives. While making us totally dependend from it. It is happening already. There are people who cant live with their Smartphone anymore. Children who are growing up with Siri will habe it even worse.

i'm talking about anime studios who now can actually get money from releasing their shit on crunchyroll, not about fucking weebs jerking their ego for translating cartoons - that scum will work for bunch of stale onigiris anyway

GURANDO SPONSAH TOKYO DAY OH CHRISTMAS

How would you translate いただきます?

What 50% of the jobs?
The biggest problems the western world has, and that includes east Asia, and Australia, is that a huge percentage of the population is old
These old people will retire in a couple of decades, literally so many people that there isn't enough replacement
So automatisation isn't as much a problem as you think it is

I like something in-between normal and weeb subs. Though sometimes TL notes go overboard.

>KONO BANGUMI WA GORAN NO SPONSAA NO TEIKYOU DE OKURISHIMASU

can't unhear it even after all these years

I have no idea what you mean

>commercials in raws
some people still like them

>Keyhole TV
>Stage 6
>Realmedia video format
Realmedia was way more of a late 90s/early 00s thing.
By 2006-ish most fansubs were doing h264 720p and 480p xvid to keep retards happy

>Sub 1mbps download speeds
Guess I was lucky here in Finland when I had a 10/10mbit ever since 03 or 04.

>tokyotosho
got the job done

>4:3 aspect ratio
>160 MB episodes
Those 160-170MB divx/xvid raws from Saiyaman were a huge upgrade over the 35MB rmvb rips of dbz

>Zap 'n Fap

I can't think of a single example of TL notes going overboard.

>i'm talking about anime studios who now can actually get money from releasing their shit on crunchyroll
No, they don't.

It's not the 50% you think of. Everything from IT, office, economy, production and service jobs will be gone. Every job that can be done with a computer can be done faster and better by AI. Whats left are art, healthcare, education, police, and some parts of science/engineering. One problem is "why even learn skills if AI can do it better" Have you seen the movie idiocracy? We are on a perfect route to geht there.

>art and education
Well I'm good then

>Make sure to watch from a good distance in a well lit room
So much for that

These were the best times, no matter what you say.
Pic related.

>but it won't be all bad either
If only you knew.

>the first thing I saw was The Heart
KUBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh shit!

KONO BAND GUMMY WA GRANDMA SPONSOR NO TOKYO DAY OH CHRISTMAS

I want herkz's skull punctured like a cow.

>gg , commoner, workers of coal
>Rubbeth a dub dubbeth, thank thou for the dubbeth

I can never not laugh at this.

I will never get why Eclipse's "people are dying when they are killed" line became a meme. It's perfectly FINE and accurate translation for this scene. He literally SAID it. It has perfect sense in this scene and situation (Avalon inside him).
Commiefags are literally retarded.

No, idiot, the internet completely changed.

Which of those groups are still alive?

It's idiotic to think the internet hasn't changed.

none

fansubbing is dead

All of them, thanks to Netflix and CR, fansubbing is in full force again

Because it's redundant. That makes it funny

>redundant
What exactly?

The internet did change. What also changed is reddit spacing being acceptable so stop doing it.

Asenshi-tier subs aren't much better than netflix.

Total bullshit.

I actually have a few of those really old rips, I post a few screenshots the other day desuarchive.org/a/thread/166623677/#166627607

No, it's not bullshit. Their subs aren't any better, except TS. In many places even more localized, americanized and made up (Kujira, KinMoza, Amanchu!, Flying Witch, Papa no Iukoto, Ro-Kyu-Bu!, Sankarea , and many, many orher).

Things are just too clean these days, too convenient, too easy. It doesn't feel any special and everything is abundant.

youtube.com/watch?v=2KYYVrBX4v0

The entire sentence. It's obviously meant as an emphasis, which is perfectly fine, but take it out of context and it turns Shirou into an idiot who states the obvious.
I also think it's not that funny if you know the context.

>Internet didn't change. You did.

Not the one you're replying to but I've been on this website for too many years to share your wrong opinion. The internet changed, it changed a lot. This year marks the 20th year I'm on the Internet out of 32 in my life so far and trust me when I say that it changed a lot.

Why would anyone miss 4kids?
>nostalgia isn't a good reason

Dubfags. I honestly don't miss any of them even though they were literally active for a decade, it was just a matter of time for their decline.

Hadena was the best.

>reddit spacing
>>reddit spacing
>>>reddit spacing
I would call you out on your faggotry but it's all pointless, here's a (you) in the hopes that (you) were just baiting.

Do newfags even know who this is? Are they better off not knowing?

You have no idea how much this infuriates me. Worst part is that that picture will be 5 years old now this year, so it means the internet has probably gone worse. Fuck normalfaggotry.

Daiz is mentioned almost in every thread with debate about shitty subs. How any newfag wouldn't know him?