This show is so ridiculously sweet. I love everything about it

This show is so ridiculously sweet. I love everything about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NS8Ve99-E1k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to dick Chise.

it's not interesting

it's average

> "I saw you when you almost ate me"
> "Oh shit, you were awake? Time for a magic labotomy!"

Very sweet. Cutest thing ever.

it's an unconventional love story

Don't even pretend like you wouldn't erase some memories if you had the power to.
In fact people might thank you afterwards.

I'm still having trouble reconciling that the only reason this relationship is moving forward at all is because she was in such a bad place that she sold herself into slavery and happened to be picked up by a demonic abomination that treats her just barely better than anyone else ever has. Like this user says, half way through the series and he's ready to wipe her memory because it doesn't fit the image he wants her to have of him and she's just okay with that? Not really in a position to run away but him being ready to do that actually made her want to try harder to fix him? Yeah fucking right.

Yes. That doesn't make it sweet.
I might, but it would be a dick move. I don't want anyone erasing my memories, not even the bad ones.

Also, how the fuck would someone know to thank you if they can't remember what you erased?

I love Chise

>trying to understand fairy logic
>thinking most of what was presented was seen a good light
Thanks for missing the point

It's gotten pretty bad. It was really lame how intense they tried to make that ice sheep.

It started off strong but now it's kinda eh, I love SOL shows but you can't just start off strong and then just turn completely uninteresting.

You're fucking welcome. Care to enlighten me?

It's sweet now. Just you wait...

Watch more anime.

It's pretty meh, filled with typical anime tropes and the comedic parts do not fill the scenes at all, they're not even funny. The OVA was fucking great, but this tv show is really dissapointing.

I think it goes along with the idea that he doesn't know how to be human or behave like a human. So yeah, being a non-human sorceror he's sort of suspicious, strange, and even manipulative, and we knew that since the first episode when he insisted on undressing and inspecting Chise. But I think her overall resignation has caused her to be reckless as to whether he poses a danger to her, and that has ultimately led to her developing romantic feelings towards him as the flawed, inhuman, but well-intentioned and genuinely caring creature that he is.

Wanting to erase her memory seems to me a rash knee-jerk reaction to her finding out something he had been actively hiding from her. So it's consistent with his character since it was something he didn't want her to find out. Probably because he was afraid she would leave him if she knew, or that she would not understand or not be willing to forgive him. This is also consistent with him lacking an understanding of humanity, and it's why it's sweet that Chise just hugs him and tells him "no, it's okay."

It's classical mythology.
Magical beings work on a completely different set of ethics than regular ass mortals and don't feel obligated to abide by mortal ethics either. Read some Greek or Celtic mythology to see how warped immortals see the world.

All the while Chise is so jaded and disconnected to regular humanity, that it's a wonder she even considers herself human anymore, hell, there are times she doesn't but more out of self loathing.

See also

I didn't miss the point. OP just said it was sweet, which it is not. Thanks for missing the point.

Chise is the one being sweet. Elias is just naive when it comes to human behavior and relationships.

No, she's being severely damaged and desperate for affection from anyone.

She's doing whatever the fuck she wants to because she has nothing to lose. Are you even paying attention?

Why would he be worried that she'd leave him? If it's been established that she is able to leave him if she wants to, forgive me but I don't recall that is the case. I recall them discussing that while she is his apprentice and bride, not really a slave, she still isn't allowed to leave and she accepted that. So if Elias has established that and still wants to erase her memory to mould her into the perfect bride, that still strikes me as malicious and manipulative.

I get that that is the point and she is going to be teaching him how to be more human as the series go on, but the amount of hurdles you have to jump to accept how chise's feelings are developing are just too much for me to feel anything positive from it, it just seems unfortunate to be in her position even if she seems like her life is getting better.

Tell that to her.

>autistic hundreds of year old sorcerer buys a child slave who he intends to treat like a child but groom her to be his wife and doesn’t respect her boundaries at all, pulling off her clothes against her will at the beginning of episode 1

Is there anything we shouldn’t like about this based magician?

No dude he's not human so everything he does is fine.

Hello there

The first episode bored me, I felt nothing. Does it get better?

The series is cute but Elias really is the king of autism

>Does it get better?

no

He is a non-human being. What do you expect?

"Sup Forums hates anime" theory confirmed.

yes

Everything noteworthy is presented in the openings and I hate them for that. Watch them both in 3 minutes and judge yourself
>dragon riding
>baskerville hound hunting
>busty forest nympf
>skullksensei going berserk while protecting his little redhead
>redhead going SSJ after aquiring a staff

This series is boring as fuck if you're not into cozy sleezing, greeneyed redheads, skillfully used music pieces.
youtube.com/watch?v=NS8Ve99-E1k

Who got the money when Chise sold herself into slavery?

Magiccal jews

Elias

Half of them will be given to Chise, the other half, to the Jews.

What was with that goofy fucking insert song in episode 12? Why is the spell to activate a wand, a J-pop song? Where did the noises of the instruments come from? How did dragontraineryaoibait-kun's voice keep going after he stopped singing? I've never seen a show botch an insert song quite like that.

It is a wonderful adaptation.

Half her's half for the sellers

It's implied that the other buyers would have experimented on her until she died right?

Aye, most were there just to suck as much magic outta her until she kicked the bucket

I assume they wouldn't have tried to give her cut if someone else bought her.

I'm enjoying it so far! The art and soundtrack make it very easy to watch for me. Very comfy!

OP2 is fucking garbage.

It's too late to replace right?

Better luck next season.

You can listen to the old one over it :)

I have it on my phone too. Absolutely one of the best OP's of the decade. Song is great, energy is great despite not being "in-line" with the shows eminent theme, and the visuals were teasing.

New song is boring and 100% recycled shit.

chbi elias always cracks me up

shoujo shit

this show make my heart hurt for some reason, makes me feel alone and sad so i have to stop watching it

Domo

I was hoping for some good bestiality, why no one bothers with doujins about this is beyond my understanding

did elias raped chise when he was in that inhuman form?

>being a non-human sorceror
>sorceror
Mind the pronouns, ningen.