So Devilman Crybaby was fun, but I think we can all agree that this remains Yuasa's best work

So Devilman Crybaby was fun, but I think we can all agree that this remains Yuasa's best work.

inb4 Ping Pong fags

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not gay enough

We dont need multiple threads of this netflix garbage. Sage.

this is a pretty girl

The peak of Yuasa's career? Photo Kano 7.

>but I think we can all agree that this remains Yuasa's best work

If this is his best work, I wonder how shit is his worst work.

GO TO HELL OZU

Sure, if you're a self-pitying kpop-listening shoegaze-wanking koreaboo uniqlone feelsfag avant-teen who tries to shill his shitty normcore streetwear on /fa/ and calls girls "qt" all the fucking time because his idea of female beauty borders on trapfag sensibilities.

HE IS MY FRIEND BUT ALSO MY ENEMY

overrated drivel

also

CHILL LO-FI HIP HOP FOR GAMING/STUDYING

I prefer Kemonozume.

Anime women will never understand

Source material is too good.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

what's wrong, soyja boy? afraid your ankles aren't exposed enough? uh? Afraid your mom will notice that you go buy groceries three times a day just to show off how well your grocery bag goes with your oversized t-shirt, huh? afraid you won't be able to save enough money for that cosmetic surgery that'll make you look just like your favorite male idol?

Ping Pong is Yuasa's best adaptation. ___Lu___ is Yuasa's best original.

Using "inb4" doesn't protect you from being wrong. Ping Pong is still Yuasa's best work, yes.

Nah man, too much reading for my taste since I don't understand nipponese
Ping Pong is better

*posts ping pong*

Get the fuck off of Sup Forums faggot

I think Mind Game is pretty underrated

au contraire

OP here, fuck I forgot about this. Might reconsider my opinion.

Also I actually really like Ping Pong.

Ping Pong > Kaiba > Tatami > Devilman > Lu

Have yet to see Mind Game, kemonozume and Walk on Girl.

shut up, this show is obviously effay as fuck, but that's not even it's main appeal

Along with Kemonozume, in very different ways, yeah

Agreed, Kemonozume and Mind Game are peak Yuasa.

As much as I love tatami galaxy i'll have to say ping pong edges it out
That space dandy episode he made was cool as fuck too

>tfw unapologetic Yuasa dicksucker

What was the best episode and why was it proxy proxy war?

This.

Mind Game is Yuasa's best work. Tatami Galaxy is very good, though.

>That space dandy episode he made was cool as fuck too
funnily enough it wasn't even one of my favorites

U N I Q L O N E

Mind Game was deep-for-14-year-olds shit. It's hamfisted in its SYMBOLISM to make it seem smarter than it was and honestly rainbow-colored tripe.

It's something you watch while high to think you're feeling transcendence of some sort, but it's just discordant scenes of tryhard iamsmertlookitmemakeseximagery otherwise.

If this was about individual episodes, I'd say episode 6 of Ping Pong is better than anything from Tatami, but it wasn't as consistently good. Some parts felt rushed.

I think people prefer Ping Pong because of it's strong story and not necessarily because of Yuasa's direction.

With the dead planet, dandy clones, space race and scarlet episodes among others the competition is pretty fierce
I think space dandy in general is an underrated gem

I think dead planet and dandy clones were my 2 favourite episodes
unfortunately I feel like for every great Dandy episode there is also a mediocre one

Dead planet is easily my favourite, I think its one of the best episode in anime period
I liked that "chocolate box" aspect of the series
Failure is an inevitable part of artistic experimentation anyway, the fact they took risks and came up with good results alone is worthy of praise

that´s yuasa´s worst work

definitely, I'd much rather watch Space Dandy than a safe show that's just kind of decent but nothing more

My nigga.

Anybody got some good weebums of the final escape from the whale sequence. Absolutely orgasmic.

Literally me

I agree

There have been a few times I thought Ping Pong was better, but eventually I watch Tatami again

Then I remember

Kemonozume needs more love. And don't forget about Kaiba.

>literally jodorowsky's holy mountain rip-off
>praised by retards as masterpiece

Kaiba is a bit long-winded in parts but overall has the strongest story for me.

I think this thread is a testament that Yuasa's style and work offer quite a lot to different people.

What do you think about the ending? I havent seen the show in while but I remember loving the show up until then, and after it I have considered it one of Yuasa's worst, but still amazing.

confirmed for never actually having watched holy mountain. Based pretentiousness bro.

>waaaaaaaaaaah netflix
>announcing sage
This is Sup Forums now. This is Sup Forums now. This is Sup Forums now.

Dude can anyone defend some of those middle episodes of Tatami to me? Like, I saw the show years ago and really loved it, but as time as gone on, even though there are things about it I still really love, I find myself feeling like episodes such as the ones with the love doll are just so much weaker and less potent than like, any episode of ping pong. Like, that episode is really enjoyable, and has solid commentaries on lust and all that gay shit, but none of it ties into the characters or narrative in any meaningful way, and at the end of the show I'm left wondering why this is an 11 episode anime and not an 80 minute film. Ping Pong isn't like that at all. Though Tatami does look and sound better by a good bit.

>they don't know my literally who director so they are retarded
Okay sweetie.

I recommender tatami galaxy to a friend that was pretty much in the same situation watashi was at the start of the series and it left a big impression on him and he thanked me for it

>jodorowsky
>literally who

Nigga i will cut you the love doll episode was hilarious.
You seem to be unable to understand the idea of a mostly self-contained episode.

Would you prefer a general you fucking faggot

You don't get Mind Game or Holy Mountain (doorstep level arthouse referencing much, faggot?)

>dude
>like
>like
>dude
>like

>Asian Kungfu Generation
God I love the opening. I don't know how people actually prefer the ED to it.

I don't get it

Excellent opinion. I'd say Mind Game is Yuasa's best adaptation though.

but is it better than AWWWW YEAAAH?

nice denial

>Holy Mountain
>arthouse
Nigga what. It was mainstream as it gets for that time
Next you will say Lennon was "indie"?

>literally nothing like Holy Mountain
Are those the only two films you've seen that weren't capeshit?

Lmao not really. For one, most American cartoons are mostly episodic, and I'd say those are better than anime in the long term. There are fantastic episodes in shows that are totally self contained. Cowboy Bebop might be my favorite anime, and that has shit like Waltz for Venus which doesn't really add to anything. The thing is, that episode is just as powerful and impactful as any other episode, while I don't think the Love Doll episode of Tatami is. And before you say its a comedy episode, comedic things have their own ways of being potent and impactful. If it was so funny, that every time I thought about it, I laughed, and that laughter was equivilent to the feelings that something like the match between Peco and Smile gives off, then that'd be a great episode, but I don't feel like that's the case

>The latest Yuasa installment is literally capeshit for american audience
really makes you think

>greentext

I agree, but that's not really a rebuttal to my comment about Mind Game.

I said doorstep though. And it is definitely arthouse since it only gets limited screenings in, you know, arthouse theaters and festivals, and so on. It might be mainstream with the shit flowing around the 70s and now with the recent popularity among teenagers, but it is in no way mainstream.

Arthouse is not a commentary on value, but position in the culture market so to speak, though.

Not an argument.

Badly written, sorry. The second phrase in the first paragraph would be: "It might be cohesive with the shit flowing around the 70s and popular now among teenagers and film buffs, but it is in no way mainstream".

Also, Jorodowsky's films aren't "mainstream" even now, that he's peaked popularity as being some sort of media star sanator and has that documental about his project with Moebius about Dune.

What's here to rebut? If you watched both movies the similarities will strike you right away to the point where you will understand that japanese retarded understanding of new wave haven't gone anywhere. Hence why we have shit like kuzu no honkai that is yet another iteration on norwegian wood, which is, cough, new fucking wave. Every japanese work that utilize surrealism is stuck in pre bubble burst era.

The only people who even know Jodorowsky's films are people who are at least somewhat invested in film as an art form. Not deeply invested, mind you, but certainly more than your average movie-goer, or even entry level film buffs, who are mostly in to more recent indie stuff and Hollywood classics like The Godfather or Casablanca.

The only similarity I see is some existentialism and colorful palettes. Holy Mountain is dadaist, while Mind Game is more absurdist.

That OP is meh as fuck, but the ending is golden.

Go discuss Jodorowsky on Sup Forums, you fuckers.

tatami > kaiba > ping pong = walk on girl > mind game > devilman > lu

they're all great though

We don't need threads about this. Everyone knows its true. It's like saying "We can all agree the sky is blue and grass is green."

Is the reason why I can stand their art style in Kaiba because in that the style works cohesively in the fairly bizarre world it sets up, while in more grounded works like devilman or ping pong the european absurdist art cues the studio uses clash with the realism of what is being depicted?

Just finished Ping Pong's first episode. Why did it took me so long to watch it? Fantastic.

I truly hope you enjoy it to the fullest, user.

I agree with Go Nagai himself on the abstractness of Devilman. He said something along the lines of "When you try to make something supernatural and impossible like Devilman realistic, it just comes off as fake. I think that Yuasa will be able to make it believable by presenting it all as abstract."

>lmao
Lurk 2 years before posting

Why do people rate this???? It's absolutely boring dogshit!

Go watch Pop Team Epic and fuck off.

please go outside and see the sun