Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card

It's been 20 years but Sakura is still the cutest. How does she do it?

I want to know where she got a smartphone in the late 90s.

They moved everything up in time for the new series. It's taking place in more or less 2016 or so since that's when the manga started.

It's the CURRENT YEAR, user.

I hope this arc is good.

>Hey Arnold did the same thing with it's new movie
I'm noticing a trend here

Why didn't they just age her?

There's a Hey Arnold movie now?

What do I need to watch before Clear Card?

Some shows are meant to be contemporary and not just period pieces of the time they were made in. So if they're brought back later they still want to be contemporary so they just transplant everything to the time they're made in.

Because it's a series for little girls.

She’s in middle school now.

Watch the original show, or read the original manga.

>Nostalgia army incoming

Two actually, the second was the finale it was supposed to have

Ep 1-35
Movie I
Ep 36-70
Movie II
Special
Manga
OVA
Best order^

So what's the correct order to watch this?
Original anime to X episode, then some ova, then this?

Going to save this for reference

>70 fucking episodes
welp

Not the person who originally posted the comment but please justify. I don't want to go figure out why this is the best order.

>Because it's a series for little girls.
Makes sense. Would've been neat for the little girls who are now women though.

fucking episodes
>welp
Not enough attention span, user?

How old is she supposed to be? kind of early to have a boyfriend.

newfags please leave!

Sakura!

I don't know what the special is but the first movie takes place in the middle of the series and the second movie is the finale of the anime. I wouldn't both watch the anime and read the manga though. The manga continues off the original manga while the new anime keeps some stuff that was anime only while still mostly following the new manga. Whichever one you do you'll just have to become aware of some small differences.

The OVA is just an animated version of the end of the manga since it was different from the end of the anime. The anime doesn't even follow it really.

Sakura!

Their love transcends time, user.

When were they made?

13 turning 14

Attention span is not an issue, it just takes a long while to marathon.

Once a monster, always a monster.

70 episodes 2 movies 100+ chapters plus 18 chapters for clear card ya thatll blow some time

Is this a reboot?

Sakura!!!

First one was 03
Second came out the past November

No, sequel.

No. I guess it's a "soft reboot" but I hate that term because it's not related to being an actual reboot. The manga is a direct continuation while the anime does have some changes to better fit with the new manga.

Get back to work Toya

>Second came out the past November
Holy shit that recent? How come I didn't hear of this?

>you will never have a love this pure

Will the animation help up until the end of the season?

I did it with the movies in 2-3 days. Step your game up, user.

It's madhouse, so yes.

It's better finding out this way, I wish I didn't go to Sup Forums like I did.
All I ever found was disgust and disappointment

I'm working, just don't wreck my office today, monster.

My heart can't take it. I honestly might die.

Why did Sakura never take advantage of her magical powers just to help her about her day?

>Episode 2: Sakura and the Room with No Exit

Which card was this?

Because she wasn't like Clow and didn't use the cards for utility and sexual gratification.

Are you sure about that second one?

Nobody can be as pure as them.

I wouldn't put it past CLAMP Clow.

New chobits when/

She is totally pure so yes you sick fuck.

You're right

never it ended perfectly

Siege

Siege card turns her staff into a trebuchet

It makes a box around you. It can be used to imprison things. It does have a weakness though that you'll find out in the episode.

Why does it look like shit compared to the original?

Reminder that Sakura was a fraction of a second away from get her cute skull split wide open by GALE

Please stop bringing up these digital vs cel arguments in these threads. There were like 30 posts last thread about it. Probably more.

WOLOLO WOLOLO

Fuck off shitposter.

be thankful mixer user hasn't shown up again

If you watched the series when you were younger like I did, watching the two movies and the Special that was released back in September was enough to bring me back up to speed. If you've never seen any of the series I'd read some synopsis or summary unless you have enough free time to cram 70 epsiodes in, which are completely worth the watch if you're up to it.

>I'd read some synopsis or summary unless
I don't recommend that since it will lead to TRC CLAMP autism

microbikini scene when

Just read the manga, it's literally only 12 volumes.

>70 episodes
sheiiiittt

kill yourself

Shame all the scans are shit.

Well worth it, though.

>tfw Sakura is out of your strike zone.

They're not though? Not since the Dark Horse 4 book version was scanned.

>Some shows are meant to be contemporary and not just period pieces of the time they were made in. So if they're brought back later they still want to be contemporary so they just transplant everything to the time they're made in.
Except that doesn't really work when the time period it was made had vastly worse technology.
Imagine all the shit that happened in the original series except now everyone has smartphones and the wealth of knowledge of the internet at their fingertips.
It doesn't work unless they contrive some bullshit which is what is going to happen to this show.
Yamazaki's entire character doesn't work in this show now because literally anyone can just call him out on his bullshit with a flip of their fingers.

chinkcaptor sakura

t. Pedo

Where do you get those? I've only been able to find the shit scans.

AB
I can upload them to mega if people want it.

but user....

Fair, user asked what he'd have to watch though. Does the art in the manga make it worth reading or did Madhouse improve on it in just about every way? Even by today's standards the original cardcaptor anime had phenomenal animation.

The time period has very little impact on the series itself and so it doesn't matter. Having the new one take place today helps the target audience (little girls) relate to it. There isn't going to be any explanation and there doesn't need to be.

I'd like that if you can do that. I was looking yesterday even and the only one I could find that did the whole manga was something that looks like it's from the 90s with small scans that are poorly done.

But if the new anime follows the manga, what you're saying implies that there's no need to watch the 2nd movie and you should watch the ova instead.

>Does the art in the manga make it worth reading
I mean if you like CLAMP's art, it's worth reading. I like both the anime and manga equally, they both have their merits.

Uploading it now.

I think you vastly underestimate how much smartphones have had an impact on daily life compared to the 90's.
And the show isn't made for little girls. Little girls weren't alive when the original CCS was airing, this is aimed at their moms and everyone who watched the show as a kid or read the manga.

So, is Sakura the only Mary Sue done right?

Not in current year it ain't. Good luck finding a gf past the age of 16 who is still a virgin.

It doesn't follow the way the new manga starts entirely. It's its own continuity that keeps some anime only stuff but needs to have some manga stuff to work.

So far there's been no difference. People talk on them and sometimes take pictures with them but that's it.

>And the show isn't made for little girls. Little girls weren't alive when the original CCS was airing, this is aimed at their moms and everyone who watched the show as a kid or read the manga.
It runs in a magazine for little girls. The time update is partially to appeal more to little girls right now. The anime also airs in a time slot typically for small children.

How does one spell Sakura's Sakura noise? My guess would be WHEEEEEEEEEY or UWAAAAAAY. This is important, I need to know.

It's spelled "hoeeee" in the manga.

I feel so old after watching this.

There's something fundamentally wrong about seeing Tomoyo holding a cellphone to film something instead of a camera.
The original show is timeless because it takes place in an age where technology isn't super advanced or super old. This show is dated as soon as it comes out.

Where? I can't see her through all the filters.

Silly user, she's right there!

90% of the time she does have her camera. There's been like once or twice that she doesn't have it though and uses her phone but she complains about the video quality and the stability of the video. In the original CCS they had cell phones and that's basically all they're using their smart phones for in the new series.