Who is your favorite Hellsing/Ultimate antagonist? Mine is Jan Valentine...

Who is your favorite Hellsing/Ultimate antagonist? Mine is Jan Valentine, although Incognito being an African vampire was pretty cool.

>Your ass is currently being kicked by the Valentine Brothers!

Jan also happened to receive the best treatment of any Abridged character, at least in my opinion.

>Now, if'in you don't mind, imma go eat that Hellsing bitch!
>I've got your arm!
>SO JAM IT UP YOUR ASS! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

They did do a great job with Jan in the abridged series. That's just because they didn't have to make him any crazier than he also was.

The favorite villain for me is the Major though. Great speeches.

Yeah, I dunno. Sometimes it feels like his speeches are too long and it seems like his motivations are kinda all over the place. When he's first introduced, he talks about being prepared for the next war and the one after that and the one after that, but then by the end of Ultimate, he reveals that he wanted to kill Alucard, and made no arrangements for him to escape and continue warmongering. I've only read the manga once so far, so I don't remember if he had an early, "always war" focus to his character.

His end speech is GOAT though, what with the trappings and all. I also really liked the Abridged war speech, even if the Major kinda smacks of Krillin in terms of voice acting, but I guess that comes with Lanipator.

>A true var. A GERMAN var!

I love Rip van Winkle

I liked how she was a werewolf but they never brought it up. Also, her impalement was pretty cool.

literally the worst antagonist

>wherewolf
the only werewolf is the captain mate

The Major but only because he was badass enough to reject the same offer that Alucard accepted

You're wrong.

van Winkle didn't have red eyes, like the rest of the fake vampires, but had sharp teeth. She could also stand being out in the sun, although with a parasol which was kinda suspect, but which her Nazi brethren commented on.

The real question is: why did the Captain have red eyes?

Rip van winkle is extra cute

>doesn't say shit, so edgy
>embodiment of the retarded Nazi "I want to die because I'm immortal" even though Alucard doesn't suffer the same feeling
>good

at least he was a good doggy who gave Seras silver to get the fight over with already

>Amazing sexy design
>Cool ass powers and abilities
>Doesn't need to a book of dialogue to be cool

His battle with Sera's was one of the coolest fights and he even gave her a bullet just so she could win. He's a nice guy who went out on his own terms.

>gay design
>bullshit powers hurr durr nazi werewolf
>no dialogue at all, lame

the only good thing about his fight with Seras was blood mage powers and Pip
also Seras pulling up the cannon was more impressive than Captain throwing her down to the treasure room

*cannon in the Major fight

B-but she rickrolled me! in the abridged version

The captain is cool because he's got a cool uniform

>DAS OMEN....
*trance synth revs up*

t. Naziboo

motherfucker doesn't even wear a shirt

Major. Though I thought he was silly up until the series until the last ep. where he turned into a successful Ahab.

who needs a shirt when you have one dream, one power, and one vision?

my weakness for musclegirls again rears its head.

I'd forgotten she even existed.

why is she wall-eyed? Is she experiencing ahegao?

I really liked the Valentine Brothers for their attitudes and dialogues.
They were just likable enough, but it was also really amusing to see them crushed by the real monsters.

She disobeyed orders, though?

yeah, they look exactly like the kind of show-offy chav douchebros who show up to a thrash metal moshpit and act like they're at a beatdown hardcore concert.
You know the type.

>Nobody else's favorite is Anderson
This is a thread full of degenerates

Not to mention the boldness of their attack. Took serious balls to go through with attacking Hellsing on their own turf. Very impressive.

Anderson was actually the good guy.

>AMEN!

Offensive to Catholics, no wonder he's not liked. He was a caricature of a warrior-priest. It was exactly the kind of intepretation I'd expect of a manic Jap. Not good at all. Honestly, as a traditional Catholic, it's the worst thing about the series. Even though I don't practice, it's just so out of place...

Yeah, but he opposes the main protagonist. OP didn't say anything about villains

>Offensive to Catholics
Heresy, you aren't a true Catholic if you don't want to kill abominations with your own hands and go to crusades against filthy protestants.

Oh, I'm sure that the only good Protestant is a dead Protestant. I'm Irish Catholic. But all his AMENS were offensive, true fact. It was just a buzzword for the series.

>But all his AMENS were offensive
What the fuck is wrong with you, it literally means "so be it".

...and it should be preceded by serious prayer, not some line given before attacking a vampire to seem cool. I'm just saying.

Walter is disgusted that the mansion has to employ atheists as security in the original anime, so does that mean that I shouldn't like it? It's a fucking cartoon

I watched Hellsing but never Hellsing Ultimate. Is it better? Worth watching? (I didn't particularly like Hellsing.)

I don't remember that in the Japanese version, but even so, it doesn't match the cultural disconnect between respect of traditional Catholicism and Japanese anime misusing a holy word to its own end.

Amen to that is a well used expression, also why wouldn't him use it before killing aberrations.

Hellsing Ultimate is much better and sticks to the manga. Hellsing is better for showing Seras' change to a vampire, but Hellsing Ultimate is leagues better in every regard.

I wish the studio that did the fifth through seventh OVAs did the last three, I'm not crazy on how those ones ended up looking

Because he's a priest and should show proper respect. Again, this is just a traditional Catholic perspective. I wish it didn't bother me.

don't argue with a "deus vult" memelord who got into catholicism as an excuse to make his basement-dweller racism look badass. It's the only reason why Aderson's corny-ass speech mannerisms don't make him cringe.