Why does everyone hate this? I thought it was fine

Why does everyone hate this? I thought it was fine

I love Junko!

>inb4 copypasta

I personally liked it. It's not the best but it's not complete garbage like most people say it is.
Also a reminder that Kyoko is the best girl

they killed best girl in the most evil way possible.
everyone got a free
>hui dr2 deaths are irrelevant for everyone except for bestgirlAI here have free revives
besides that it was quite fine i liked the premise and i am a sucker for explanations for thing that should not be explained

Mikan a besto!!

HAHAHHAHAH YOU HAVE TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME
JUST WHEN I THOUGHT BACONFUCKER COULDNT LACK ANYMORE TASTE
JESUS CHRIST

woah dude, calm down, it's just that guy's opinion

I want a hypnotized Chiaki to sit on my face.

Future Arc was boring. Despair Arc was boring. Honestly, what is there even to like about this other than the fact that is had Danganronpa characters in it?

He's some pajeet obsessed with kyokofags from /vg/, ignore him.

I figured

Let me tell you something about this guy, his poor this:
>Likes trash (baconfists aka worst girl)
>Is gay (likes traps)
>Is a cuck (would rather watch makoto fuck baconfists than fuck her himsefl)
>watches wrestling (made for 8 year olds and neckbeards)
>can't compete with my handsome wit
>watches lets plays and follows e-celebs
>isn't as good at dancing as i am
>stops avatarfagging to make posts defending/agreeing with himself
>actually forgets to post his forgettable waifu when he means to because he has the attention span of a goldfish (the snackfood, not the animal)
>Generally a shady guy
>Got bad grades in school from 7th grade onward
>is a comfyposter
>pedophile (self admitted lolicon)
>doesn't actually play video games (played RE4 for the first time in 2017, couldn't get used to the controls)
>ban evading phoneposter
>Slept with his parents til he was 8
>Wears shoes 2 and a half times too big to try and hide his small feet
>Makes a living by farming runescape gold and selling it to Venezuelans for pennies an hour
>Literally stalks me to other boards
>Is a reddit user
>is a tattle tale
>actually fell for my gandalf plot
>gets sweaty hands when he makes eye contact with the girl at the checkout counter
>*actually*, earnestly defends V3's ending; think's that the philosophy 101 tier ponderings of the survivors are "deep"
>is a snitch and therefore will get stitches
>posts lewd yotsuba in his off time
>stands at a towering 5'6 inches
>has back hair long enough to braid
>his phone has 1 (one) one album on it (Finger 11 - Them Vs You Vs Me)
>is now manually breathing, blinking, and can't find a comfortable position for his jaw or tongue
>buys books but never reads them; leaves them laying around to give off the impression that he reads (though no one steps foot inside his damp, sweaty lair other than him)
>moonlights in /ddlc/
>mourned chester bennington more than chris cornell
>he got a slipknot tattoo on his calve in the 9th grade

his poor taste goes beyond this*

Chiakiautist:
>fell for the most bland waifubait character
>posts on hip hop forums as "Lonny Breaux" and "FiddyAmazin"
>likes Lil Wayne
>is a degenerate drug dealer
>is gay (likes wrestling)
>samefags
>likes capeshit and game of thrones
>got arrested for drug dealing
>is a fucking leaf
>is a currynigger
>is a dubfag
>is a phoneposter
>has a Sup Forums pass
>listens to nigger music
>used to claim he was white
>doesn't know his parents
>doxed himself twice
>has to imagine his waifu as a brainwashed AI cause he knows no girl will ever love him
>keeps a bag of dirty rags on him at all times

if you believe what he says then there's no hope for you

Future Side was a lackluster sequel that lacked what people loved about DR1 and DR2, Despair Side was an awful prequel that retroactively ruined a lot of stuff from DR2.

>has to imagine his waifu as a brainwashed AI cause he knows no girl will ever love him

I wish he explain futher about the brainwashing part

HOLY FUCKING RENT FREE
JESUS CHRIST I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING QUITE LIKE THIS BEFORE IN MY LIFE
And anyone with any pedigree on the subject will agree that wayne is a top 5 oat.

I never said they were fucking brainwashed you absolute cretin. I said they were AI copies that I could reprogram to do what I want. Stop following me. You're the only one I genuinely worry about.

Maybe this is why we hate your shitty anime. You guys are lunatics.

Go back to /vg/ you shitheads

Everyone fucking hates DR3. Everyone besides ole baconfucker over there that is.

Good, the more hate for DR3 the better.

>mfw I loved both of the anime and V3

>M I N D H A C C
>fine premise

watch it, the pajeets gonna call you a baconfucker now

I don't hate it. I thought it had a few phenomenal moments and it never felt bad. It was always interesting to watch at least.

7/10 overall

>check thread
>no mention of J U Z O B O Y Z

he doesnt have the sack to say "fuck you I liked it" he hides behind "M-MUH OPINION" like a 7th grader on an english exam.

Junko loves Naegi!
Also

IS THERE ANYONE WHO CAN EVEN REMOTELY CONTROL OUR BOY JUZO

>Punched Naegi so hard Rihanna playing sticks and stones
>Knee'd the fuck out of Anxiety fag and makes niggers drop faster than the Detroit police department
>Went one on one with the Gozuboys
>Rekt Hinata so hard he turn Izuru
>100% accuracy rate in Olympic chair throwing, that one miss on Kirigiri was just to flex his muscles and check dat ass
>Went full ham on the old man and crew just to get his kick quota fulfilled
>Roundhousekicks the everlasting shit out of Monaca's puppet
>Too busy punching manlets, so some mentally deranged kid blows up half the school
>Great try, but no normalfags died
Fucking reeeeeeeeeee
>Tried to kill the donut but jobbed again
>Survived 2 missile barrages by some random ass cripple in a wheelchair
>Called out Monokuma's bluff with his cameras, recording his mad-ass pecs and didn't give a fuck in general about any of these plebians
>Became the world champion in boxing, declaring himself to be best with bare hand combat before even leaving high school
>Too Alpha to mess with the bitches and instead neglects his own feelings as being the third wheel to protect his friends no matter what
>Only taking 2 episodes rest before kicking the shin of everyone again.
>Took a fucking spear to the shoulder, impaled into a wall and shrugged it off like it was just a mosquito bite
>Seduced by Ruruka's sweets, but who gives a shit, our boy definitely doesn't. Fuck candy and fuck that whore, time to get her killed via NG
>Kicks the riot down with the power of flaming fists and thousands of normies

>HE WILL BE THE ONE TO SLAY PUNISHED SHADOW PERSONA, A MAN WHO HAS ALREADY BECOME DESPAIR, A MAN WITH NO WAIFU, NOTHING TO LOSE.

He is gonna kick everyone in the damn anime and survive, shrugging it off while kicking the traitor back to hell.

J U Z O B O Y S
U
Z
O

B
O
Y
S

Wait, is there a conceptual difference between those two? In both cases you can control the subject to do what you want. Call it brainwashing or reprogramming, it's the same.

They basically made DR2 irrelevant, gave no closure to UDG and found the most bland and boring way to put the plot in place (hurr mindhacc).
How great would this anime have been if the premise was more centered around junko infiltrating the class and using someone despair to slowly contaminate everyone like the supposedly manipulative genius she is. I mean she was called like that in the game and even Monaka aknowledged her manipulative power.
Here, we got the student council massacre that made no sense, the brainwash technology that made no sense with basically a deus ex machina for Junko (hey, what are the odds that I meet that one dude that can brainwash the entire world) and don't get me started on Junko having a secret laboratory litteraly a few days after entering school.
I don't have that much issue about Future arc, even if it had some dumb moments and even if they didn't had the balls to actually kill Kirigiri (nothing against her, but her revival felt as forced as the Remnants of Despair revival).
All in all, a damn waste of potential that basically ruined the entire series because it's supposed to be canon.

Brainwashing
make (someone) adopt radically different beliefs by using systematic and often forcible pressure.
"the organization could brainwash young people"
synonyms: indoctrinate, condition, reeducate, persuade, influence, propagandize, inculcate
"the evidence is compelling that these cult members were indeed brainwashed"

i dont know i just want the brainwashing fetishist to stop harassing me

Oh fuck I remember this. THAT guy is still around?

He's in this thread right now.

Wasn't there more? I remember there being 2-3 screenshots in the DR thread I saw on Sup Forums months ago.

Yeah, but if you reprogram them to be someone different, perhaps even radically, than they are, wouldn't you consider that brainwashing?

What is this?

Well in this particular context we are talking about a computer program, so there's no brain involved.

Ok, no brain to wash, but making (someone) adopt radically different beliefs by using systematic and often forcible pressure, such as reprogramming them would be considered brainwashing, right?

I was actually enjoying the future arc, up until the mastermind revelation. Everything went to shit real fast leading up to it.

The despair arc was just...bad. I disliked how it shifted focus to Junko real fast, and everything to do with the brainwashing plot. The only part I enjoyed was the student council killing game, and even then it failed expectations because of Izuru's involvement.

I felt like a large part of my issues stem from the double arcs. On paper it seemed fine, in practice it ended up being a drag for me because I had to force myself to watch despair arc.

I wish they focused on the future arc and made a better plot over 24 episodes. I think it had some interesting characters as well as environment that were not fully utilized.

Overall it had a lot of potential, and in the end it just left a sour taste in my mouth.

But we aren't talking about "someone", this is a literal computer program that is literally being reprogrammed. That's just called programming.

The despair arc, which was the only salvagable part of the anime for the first half, ended up retroactively shitting all over the games by reducing Junko's mindfuck to "hypnosis video".

The future arc was complete garbage and a huge drag, with Juuzo being the only redeeming factor. It was a sequel no one really asked for with no real purpose.

Hope episode was good and it was nice seeing SDR2 kids absolutely recking shit.

you are so fucking weird dude drop it

Ho, I forgot to add. One of the redeeming quality of DR3 was the thread on Sup Forums.
They were golden with OC all across the board, one of the funniest moment I had on this board.

Danganronpa threads were the last time I had fun on this fucking hollow shell of a board.

Try watching actually good shows and discussing them. It's a good trick.

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

I'm just discussing the difference between brainwashing and reprogramming, nothing to it for you, chill.

You don't consider her AI as a person? I think that at the point when an AI displays emotions that's when they separate themselves from simple programs designed to perform a task. This discussion got way more philoshophical than I expected

Are you me? I just finished it today and posted about it on /dgg/ and was blown away with negative replies. It could have been way, way worse.

are you this guy?
if so, you're fuckin weird and stop.
if not i apologize but you can surely understand why i have to be vigilant.

I love my beautiful wife Maki!

I watch plenty of good shit, Sup Forums just isn't the same board anymore and every thing that made me love it back in the day has been neutered or outright removed.
Every moment I'm here is like watching someone piss on your house while it burns to the ground.

How? It reduced despair to "dude magic anime brainwashing lmao", double killed chiaki, and made izuru this gay as fuck mary sue ultra bad guy without reason

Not him.
What do you mean, be vigilant?

So who was the 13th Future Foundation leader?

JUZU BOYS

Is Maki bony or soft? Never is clear.

>i can suspend my disbelief for literally everything else about this series
>wtf the Ultimate Animator is able to create videos with subliminal messages that are able to brainwash people if abused and Junko used her Ultimate Analysis to abuse it wtf I hate Danganronpa now

>double killed Chiaki
So what

>made izuru this gay as fuck mary sue ultra bad guy without reason
>without reason
That's what he is though. He's supposed to be a deus ex machina

Parts of it were mediocre, not absolutely awful. At worst, it represents a loss of potential. Going into it, I was scared they were going to completely fuck everything up and was pleasantly surprised.

I loved it for the sole purpose of being a meme goldmine

I'm sure she's fit, but she's also a girl so I'd like to imagine she's soft.

You could consider them to be equal to a person, sure. You could even say that it would be possible to brainwash an AI if it were capable of thinking exactly like a human. But, at least in my eyes, once you start going into the actual code of an AI and changing things, it's not brainwashing. It's more like a lobotomy if anything.

Fuck off apologist. That's why we're not getting anymore DR games.

YASSS QUEEEEN

Nice argument

JUZO loves BOYZ

YAS QUEEN

It's not the fact that brainwashing anime exists, it sucks because it's a weak and boring plot device that dindus the SDR2 kids and makes Junko look like she just got lucky instead of being a competent villain.

Hm, well, I'll agree to disagree. This is one of those things that I believe there's no one true answer to. I'll hold on to my beliefs and hope that you hold on to yours.Thank you for the discourse and I'm sorry if I inconvenienced you in any way.

>wtf the Ultimate Animator is able to create videos with subliminal messages that are able to brainwash people
I don't have a problem with the idea that brainwashing is POSSIBLE in Danganronpa, I just think it's boring and makes for a bad story. Like, if you couldn't tell the story of Despair Arc without resorting to mindhack, then just don't do it. It's not like we needed to know what happened. You don't need to create a 12 episode series teasing some big reveal if the reveal is going to suck.

Sure she got lucky I'll agree with that, but I don't see how doing what she did in the anime made her incompetent in the slightest. She seized an opportunity and succeeded at it. I'm not saying the anime is perfect because it isn't, there's just no way to show off what the game says she did (bringing all of class 77 to despair via charisma) in a 12 episode anime format. The anime was fine.
You are right but they did it anyways, so they did what they could with the time and resources they were given. Danganronpa 3 is overly criticized

This. The Despair Arc woulda been really great if most of the episodes were dedicated to Junko getting close to the students and worming her way into their brains. I honestly couldn't give a fuck about the teacher and I wish she got less focus so the actual students got more.

My wife Chisa is so cute and she did nothing wrong and it's not her fault Chiaki died.

How many images of Junko from the anime have you taken so far you fucking mad man you

A fair amount. I should work on that some more this weekend thanks for reminding me

Oh god that's not the reaction I intended to provoke, we've gotta get you into a treatment program or something

>there's just no way to show off what the game says she did (bringing all of class 77 to despair via charisma) in a 12 episode anime format
Yeah, there is a way actually. Don't introduce Junko halfway through the fucking anime.

You know why.

If they didn't have enough time or resources to make a good story then they just shouldn't have made DR3 at all. This wasn't an adaptation like the DR1 anime, this is the OFFICIAL CONCLUSION to the entire Hope's Peak storyline they spent the last six years building up. DR1, DR2, UDG, the novels, everything. To completely throw that away just because "oh we were limited to 12 episodes" is a ridiculous excuse.

Why does Sup Forums hate Mikan?

It isn't bad per se, not great either,the problem it's that it ruins dr2

the fucking mike stoklasa cart is the best part of this image

You know why

We can't forgive her

It ruins a whole hell of a lot more than just DR2. It turned Monaka into an apathetic pushover and reduced Junko's manipulatalatory skills into brainwash anime and luck for instance, like a few of the anons above me were complaining about. I suppose there's no point in continuing to belabour the point, but the anime would have benefited from being put into a medium where the plot had a better chance to develop and no shortcuts were used.

She manipulated Mitarai. The anime still shows her using her analysis talent. I do not see the issue with this

It felt like a cop-out to me personally. I felt like it was cheap and disposable, merely a means to an end, and wasn't at all what I had hoped for or anticipated regarding Junko's talent. If you liked it and thought it was fine, far be it from me to tell you otherwise; but I did not.

The reason why people hated this anime is because it doesn’t build on the ideas and characters laid out in previous games. It even fails to be interesting at the most basic, conceptual level. Even though the future chapter has different characters and setting it's only a vehicle to retread old ideas and characterization with zero new additions whatsoever, and the reveals at the end are so headache inducingly stupid that it results in a wholly unsatisfying experience.

But certainly, Despair Chapter, which focuses on the more engaging Super Dangan Ronpa 2 characters would be more interesting, right? I mean, I like them, so seeing more of them couldn't be a bad thing. And now we get a whole anime series studying these characters and how they turned to Despair, showing why they lost their collective shit and turned from quirky, derpy, yet affable and troubled fellows into complete monsters. What could possibly...oh. Never mind.

Maybe the Despair Chapter could have been good, but I suppose a nuanced story expanding and developing these characters to explain their fall is a bit to much to ask. I honestly would have been okay with it not being that good though, as long as everyone was in character, but not only did they fail even that bare minimum, Despair chapter instead focuses on explaining that which is best left unexplained in how Enoshima destroyed the world. But let’s be real here, focusing on that was a mistake to the highest degree, because no matter how you present it. The idea of a high school teenager causing the end of the world is simply retarded. Why do you think the games never focused on it? Because it wasn’t important! Because Junko Enoshima is nothing more than a plot device, not a character. Kodaka even admits to it that she was meant to be a personification of evil itself.

Junko Enoshima is the final boss of a video game, nothing more and nothing less. But then Despair Chapter has the fucking audacity to inject her into the story and actually have her masquerade as if she's an actual character. If it wasn't already obvious how problematic she was in regards to the setting in's only heightened as the world breaks down around her. And not in a cool, trippy way, just in a way that makes you wonder how she could have possibly succeeded at all.

Her introduction scene involves her committing random acts of terror, cementing the idea that this is a world where she can do whatever she likes with no repercussions unless you have an ahoge. Sure, she's causing Despair or whatever but it's not even interesting. She's just dropping grenades at unspecified targets and not even bothering to take a look at how people react, which would be her whole reason for doing it. You know, to see the unpredictable reactions of someone in Despair!? Then later when she busts in to a Hope's Peak Facility to meet Kamukura, the most heavily guarded secret of Hope's Peak, despite leaving a trail of bodies in her wake and being knocked out, Mukuro is able to clean up everything. The only reference that it even happened was security chief Sakakura commenting on how people have been vanishing. The world doesn't know how to interact with her and this is exactly the issue the previous entries averted by not giving her any focus at all, merely utilizing her for the plot device she is. It's not good, and I don't really like it, but I can tolerate that. Not THIS.

Hmmm this sounds familiar

I know this is a pasta but
>someone actually wrote this
Wew

It works better as a video

This woulda been a better ending search your feelings u know it to be true

>anything to do with Kyoko
>good