Hero Academia

Kaminari kind of sucks

Duh. He's the traitor.

The Yakuza raid arc was a mistake.

He's got a lot of potential, but kind of wastes it with a lack of focus and drive to best the best he can be. He's sort of like his electric power: very strong, yet very untuned and can fuck up pretty easily.

Still one of, if not my favorite character

when did hori's art get so good?

at some point during this last arc it got really good.

Everyday until

You know the drill

ooof that paneling, out little boy is learning

Do we get a new chapter this week or us it still on break?

Invisitits arc fucking when?
I'm tired of waiting and I need my genki girl shenanigans in full effect.

It’s always been good. Especially his art shifts

Kaminari is one of the best boys, but he needs to step his game up. He’s not really good at anything right now.

What's your idea for an arc, and don't tell me she's just some insecure girl who acts up because no one can see her.

That’s probably going to it though, it kinds of sucks to be invisible all the time

Not his fault. Electric is not very effective against grass.

>arc where invisitits's appearance gets revealed
>she's actually a mutant

>yfw his art loses its dynamicism after the timeskip just like shippuden

Being invisible all the time isn't that much of a hassle.

Inbetween fellating the MC and fan favourites, there's not enough time to give arcs to the literal-whos of the class
Invisitits, Aoyama, Diabetes, Sero and Ojiro won't get anything more than a couple 'oh cool' moments at best.

It took us to the middle of the license exam to even find out what her actual powers were. It's not looking good for her.

>Rooting for the literal invisible girl
Don’t

Why are the teachers all jobbers in this except All Might?

When will we get meaningful Deku-Kacchan interaction again?

It's too bad that there haven't been any recent arcs where invisibility, stealth, and a general infiltration skillset would have come in handy.
It's not like it could have been more useful than frog powers or something.

This needs to go full Naruto and make groups of three or two or whatever so build the non-existant friendship between Deku and Bakugou. Well, they haven't fight that much since their last fight and All Might's fall, but still.

Aoyama is going to get something though, Hori has repeatedly included scenes for him in various arcs. I wouldn’t even completely rule out the other 3, but it’s less likely.

Full pop poll when?

who's head is that

Kaminari is hopeless.

Characters whose problem is being weak can improve or uncover abilities they didn't know they had.
Characters whose problem is lack of skill can have training arcs.
Characters with a useless shit attitude can have an arc where they find their focus and passion.
Characters who are born stupid will always be stupid.

I think he was putting extra effort with the final few chapters of the yakuza arc because he felt guilty with the breaks he was taking.

Tooru is no longer needed for stealth, she’s old and busted

Don't underestimate stupids. They are usually the protagonists of their series and end up kicking everyone's asses.

Have we seen Aoyama use his quirk without equipment?

Kirishima's

Anyone?

They can inherit plot or "super bravery" powers if they're MCs. Kaminari just has nowhere to go. He's strong as fuck and knows how to use his powers, he's just a fucking idiot.

No
Yes

I feel like Aoyama is some kind of Magical Boy that got his power belt from aliens.

It's not that I dislike Frog, it's just that she's so overplayed.

It was always good
If anything it's worse now than before because he simplified it to(i assume) reduce his workload

Aoyama will get something eventually though. My reliable rough guide-estimate of which characters will get some development has always been this chapter. If they appear there or make an unannounced appearance, Hori has something planned from the beginning.
That leaves us with Ochako, Iida, Kirishima, Aoyama, and...Shouji?

Shit, he’s the traitor isn’t he

In Naruto, it made sense when in part 1 the sensei/leader would be the ones ultimately finishing bad guys off or coming to the rescue. In this they all just get outclassed by the kids, I don't think that makes much sense. Like, why are they even teachers if the kids are better at combat than them without having any real education on how to use their quirks?

Nips know whats up when it comes to this ship
but is Minas hero costume not acid proof?

>this kid must be O
Deku will create the next O MY RUBBER NEN someday

Why would plants stop an electric discharge?
Couldn't he just set her on fire? Wouldn't vines conduct the electricity directly to her head?

They prune trees away from power lines for a reason.

She didn't even get to use her quirk until 2 arcs ago, she's the most background of all class A.

>Hori's face when he brings Chisaki back to extract revenge on Shiggy while Stain gets killed nonchalantly off panel

Bless this artist for drawing tasty Mina. He (she?) can draw great girls

Kaminari is dumb though
If he was smart he would've sent a few small shocks to see how she would've reacted defensively and then BTHTFO in one hit after forcibly creating an opening
or at least not blow his load immediately

You mean Aizawa? He's still stronger than the students. He beat Todoroki easily despite being handicapped. He's just made to be incompetent because Hori can't think of other ways to make the students relevant in battle situations.

Shouji didn’t have any lines though, I wouldn’t worry too much. Hori might have just been playing around with character designs and ended up liking Shouji’s.

have any of them actually jobbed besides Aizawa and his kohai 13?

>O my one for all, tap into the previous owners' energy to help me surpass 100%

God damn animal people stealing our jobs.

I'm kind of still mad they off-paneled her next match. After beating Kaminari so easily, I assumed she was have a cool upcoming fight.

Neither did Kirishima. I assumed so because it could mean that they’re the ones that get their character designs and story (whatever it would be) set in stone before all other 1A kids

haha, that's the point dude, you expect something cool but then horikoshi does shit instead to subvert your expectations, he's so smart you know

Nighteye might not be a teacher at the academy but he's a teacher in the sense of having young people under his wing in an internship, and he gets fucking killed

I suppose that the rest of the actual academy teachers are fine but Aizawa jobbing is nearly inexcusable. I think it would be much better if the pros were the ones to come in instead of Deku and take care of Overhaul cause apparently they all couldn't handle the Yakuza members, that's kinda more what I'm referring to, should've specified that

frogs are not chameleons
chameleons don't even do that shit, except for like one or two subspecies.

Who does the translations? I want to know what happens in the one where Mina is in the hospital.

Hori never does fights for the sake of it

>Hori never focuses on fights that don't include the fan favorites Midorishit, Bakushit, Todoroshi and Kirishit

fixed that for you

fixed that for you

I hope they animate some of the second novel in S3. Class 1-A and 1-B rivalry is fun.

Look who’s back

This is why animal themed powers are a bad idea without a set limit.
Tsuyu has all of the powers of a frog, which means she has all of the powers of every frog.
That means she can fly, detect an earthquake 5 days before it hits, can make her skin all sticky, can survive being frozen, conjure water vapor from the air, get people high when they lick her, piss out objects 1/4 the size of her body, harden her muscles to survive a fall, and secrete a poison so potent that one gram of it can kill 10,000 people.
The Froppy circlejerk is only beginning.

between this, OPM, the MCU, and incredibles 2 I kind of want to write a superhero story now.

too bad you need to be able to draw or animate to do that

I wouldn’t mind, but I’m not betting on it. I don’t think they animated anything from the novels last season, unless I’m forgetting something.

>Where were you when Froppy became God

Froppy will be the new #1 hero

I heard he offscreened some fights because he was afraid of it leading to BnHA getting cancelled.
As in if he showed off all the tourney fights it woukd affect the pacing and blah blah blah

So no chapter?

She should've gotten OfA
Her froggy body would easily handle 100% right off the bat

user, that literally the only way to make animal-themed superpowers fair

Like, the only truly OP animal-themed power is shrimp since you get
>deku-tier super strength
>ranged super strength attacks
>increased durability
>x-ray vision
>night vision
>extra limbs
>underwater breathing
>pressure resistence

He still offscreens fights if they just happen with no other reason than having a fight, just look at Nejire and co
or Mandalay and Tiger
or Todoroki, Baku, and Moonfish
or a big chunck of the Provisionals

Suneater would have logically soloed the entire Yakuza had he ate nothing but bullet Shrimps

>Villain laughs at Shrimp-Man
>Shrimp-Man responds by punching his torso on fire from like ten feet away

the fucked up thing is that you can actually get mantis shrimp at the fish market in japan if you look for it

I still think he does it for pacing reasons
All those fights and the Ibara fight happened during large gatherings of people
feels like he didn't show them as to not drag things out even though he's also blue balling his audience in the process

Pacing is one of the reason, I think, but he’s consistently doing it, offscreening or shortening fights that either don’t advance the plot or develop the characters, even fights that has the MC in it (Provisionals is a huge telling, especially the Izuku-Ochako-Sero teamup that basically got offscreened)

>want to fap to BnH girls
>90% of doujins are gay shit

To be fair, skipping Ibara’s fight was a good way to indicate that she’ll never actually matter. I don’t know why people still get their hopes up for 1-B.

It would be OP for any animal, if we're just using isolated incidents that don't apply to the whole species.
If you had all of the powers of a human, then you'd have the power to run at 30 MPH for 2 hours straight without getting tired, lift 500 pounds with 1 finger, eat an entire airplane, remember your entire life perfectly from birth down to the slightest detail, bend all of your joints at 180 degrees, don't need to sleep ever, have nigh unbreakable bones, can hold your breath for 12 minutes, can survive 18 days with no water, can survive 74 days without food, can survive sub zero temperatures while stark naked, can see using echolocation, can't feel pain, and can do complex calculations in your head instantaneously.

Quirk: Peak Performance.

are you calling batman OP?

>Quirk: Peak Performance
>He can do anything a normal human can possibly do, only 40 times better!
That wouldn't be a bad idea at all. Would you let me steal it?

wasn't that superman's power during the golden age? Like, his only superpower was that he could do anything a human could, but better

>can't fly, but he could leap tall buildings in a single bound
>can't see through walls, but can figure out what's on the other side through super hearing and super common sense
>can't melt things with laser vision, but he can warm things up enough to melt them with his breath or cool it down enough to freeze it
>can perform ventriloquism in the vacuum of space

There is a chapter this week, but it wasn't on break.

Ideal Hero: Man-Man

This is the worst post I have ever read.

this ability is not even close to as useful as invisibility, she has to be still for it to work, and she can still be seen the enemy is looking closely enough

Is anyone surprised we haven't gotten villains motivated solely by money? It seems like an indication that either being a criminal is really unprofitable or all villains are just evil because they want to beat up heroes.

Giran?

Giran exists, the guy pretty much sponsors the League because they get the black market going.

It's been very high quality since the tournament.

he's the best character

every villain so far seems to be social misfits who do what they do as a way to lash out at a society they can't function in.
only overhole wasn't against society even though he was an outcast/misfit.

aren't all quirk users by definition mutants?

Yes, some just also show it physically.

>What is the forest with tokoyami

Fucking dambo lmfao

Ibara placed 4th in the entrance exam and was supposed to be in class-A
Hori bitched out because her hair would be hard to draw so we got saddled with Sadrock and Sugartits instead.
Ibara would've been a nice foil to Baku, Iida, Shoji, and Mineta