Could Ging have stopped Meruem?

Could Ging have stopped Meruem?

Could a man less powerful than a man that is ben killed easily by an enemy be more powerful than that enemy?
Make 1+1 OP

Ging is just an archeologist, a linguistic bookworm, and there were nothing interesting for him in that bat country. If it were, he'd level up accordingly. Do you even shonen

As always it depends how broken his nen is.

Not enough info is known about Ging to make this assumption.

The only thing we know is that he's a megagenius at controlling his nen and learning new skills, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's strong enough. I agree with here.

probably, if he had a nuke up his ass like Netero.

Dunno about an actual fight. But had they have the chance to talk, I wonder how that would have ended up.

The freecss are mary sues so why not.

Sure, he just need an asspull.

also the father of the protagonist

All you needed to stop Meruem was someone willing to be sacrificial nuke bait.

Doubtful. He also doesn't seem to be as much of a battle-freak as Netero, so probably would've tried talking it out.

Possibly, but if he managed to stop him then it probably would not have been through direct conflict.

No, even if he's "top 5 nen users" Netero was top 1 nen users and the full brunt of his ability slightly annoyed Meruem.

This

It's possible he has some nen technique he picked up that could kill Meruem
Think Knuckles robo interest thing
But Meruem would've killed him long before he could ever pull something like that off

Yusuke had let himself go.

Netero was an old man. There's no reason to believe he's the strongest Nen user.

Aside from them stating multiple times that he was the strongest Nen user?

Netero himself said that he wasn't the strongest anymore for more than 50 years

He was being humble, in that same statement he says Knov and Morel are probably as strong as him when that's clearly not even close to true.

100%

Look at what "full" potential Gon was able to do to pitou with no experience. Ging is going to make that look pitiful. He made Greed Island as a play thing which is so ridiculous most people can't even tell it's the real world using nen tricks. Think of how clever you can get with Hatsu's and ging seems to be the smartest most talented with it. Pariston still has no idea what it does.

While probably won't have as much aura as Mereum I have no doubt he wins if he has to kill him with a plan

If Netero had brought Beyond with him would both of them have put up a better fight?

Why couldn't they nuke the ant kingdom without needing to implant it into Netero?

Because the Ants were occupying a country filled with civilians

Ah right.

No. They made it a point that Meruem is the strongest biological being in existence by having Netero fucking tickle him, and this allowed the "humans are le ultimate evil" message to resonate more strongly when even the strongest biological being could still get btfo by a nuke. His existence and demise was meant to put a cap on the powerlevels in the HxH universe, because we all know that the primary focus on HxH fights are rock-paper-scissors unique abilities being pit against each other rather than dragonball super saiyan ascensions.

Is Gon going to become a muscly huge dude to compensate for his inability to use Nen?

HxH will end before we ever see Gon again

Nah, no human could have stopped Meruem through might, which was the point.

Sad but true.

It'd be pointless, any nen at all >>>>>>> no nen.

>hunterxhunter will be back and quiet all these dumb powerlevel fags later this month.

Can't wait.

Who was the best Royal guard?

Considering all aspects:
-Nen
-Strength
-Loyalty to Meruem
-Inteligence

>put a cap on the powerlevels in the HxH universe
You do realize there's an entire rest of the planet that got introduced where Meruem would be the equivalent of a regular ant right?

My girlfriend, Pitou.

You mean boyfriend

it's been clear that's due to special abilities and trickery, not powerlevels. Remember what Netero said about the dark continent? He hates it because there's no opponent to directly fight against.

How come none of the hugeass monsters we've seen in the new continent made their way to that small spec that is the current world of HxH?

Why did Togashi feel the need to create a new world when we have seen very very little of the regular one?

Meruem would easily conquer DC unless there's some super diseases over there equal to the miniature rose poison. DC is only going to be a threat precisely because the adventurers are inferior humans.

I don't delude myself into thinking girls are boys, so no, dumb faggot.

Pitou is a boy though.

Pitou is a boy, Pitou refers to himself with masculine pronouns, Pitou is referred to using he multiple times, Pitou is never called she and never refers to himself as anything else.

Yea you seem to be deluding yourself into thinking that boys are girls.

>there's some super diseases
That is the whole point of the DC

What could Meruem do to fight literal magic wish granting genies? Nanika could unmake him with a thought and there's an entire species of those over there. Also there is super diseases over there equal to the miniature rose poison, there's a literal zombie apocalypse disease already introduced.

>boy with boobs
Simply epic. Go find an apocrypha thread to shitpost in.

There’s no guarantee that Meruem is ant tier in the DC, iirc Chimera Ants are normal ant size but the queen that washed up in NGL was irregularly huge, and she’d never had the taste of Nen so ants on Meruem’s level probably don’t exist.

>Boobs
He doesn't have boobs
>but muh anime
if the anime called Gon Frank would you say that his name is Frank?

I challenge you to find 1 image of Pitou with boobs in the manga.

Nanika's killing power is actually physical though, rather than being some death note phenomenon. All the victims had their bodies physically twisted like a wet towel. You would have to speculate whether or not that power is several times stronger than Netero's full blast which barely fazed Meruem, but it's certainly not omnipotent given what we can see.

You realize this was an intentional "3deep6u" spiritual form meant to represent Pitou's cat-like nature, right? Of course you don't, you're a brainlet.

Dumb speedreader.

>getting this offended over your cat waifu being a boy

>no arguments left
It's less embarrassing to just stop posting you know.

I'd go online and find pics of men with boobs and post that but this is a blue board.

If Meruem was so strong why was Pitou worried that Gon would get to him?

I think it's more the fact that selfies belong in

Either way the main point is that boys with boobs exist.

If we go by 2018 rules then gender is fluid and it's up to the person to determine their own gender. And since Pitou keeps referring to himself with male pronouns then he's a male and you are gay for liking a male.

Because the royal guards are overprotective and don't actually know how strong Meruem is. If they did they wouldn't have been so frantic during the invasion considering Meruem would've been pretty much invulnerable to harm. Even Pouf remains overprotective to the point of not trusting his strength after Meruem absorbs him+Yupi until Meruem gets sick of it and releases his aura to fully show off his insane power so that Pouf shuts up.

Love how you bring up 3DPD and tumblr garbage to try make your point. As expected of a trap faggot. Gas yourself.

I know this is bait but it pains me to know that there's some tumblrina out there who actually thinks like this and doesn't know what a bokukko is.

I'm not the one that's attracted to a boy that looks like a girl. You seem to be the trap faggot....

Netero has out right said that he's nowhere near top 5 anymore.

>faggot AND a newfag
It checks out.

read this

He never said that, he said he wasn't nearly as strong as he was, but he also said Knov and Morel were on par with him which is clearly wrong, just compare Netero fighting to anyone else in the series fighting and tell me he's not the strongest, his Bodhisattva is faster than anything else we've seen and hits harder than anything else we've seen.

see

>powerlevels
>Pitou gender shitposting
Great thread as always

Please use the full picture featuring best girl wearing a cute serafuku next time.

Not him, and I'm just a shitty secondary, but doesn't he say that before he goes and meditates to build his powerlevel? He probably was being honest when he said that, but if I remember correctly I don't think they make it clear where he stands when he actually fights Meruem.

Only reason Ants became a problem was by eating humans and aquiring Nen, Theres nothing that makes us belive ants on the DC are nowhere near Meruem, they were probably at the level of the first ones Gon and Killua fight, TOPS.

This, but IMO it could have gone either way with Ging. The King could have persuaded him that his cause was just and Ging might actually of bought it.

Every living thing has aura, so potentially a nest of chimera ants could amass huge amounts of aura in their diets and become natural born Nen users like the royal guards.

That's not how it works. Accumulating aura from eating was only an ability Meruem had. Otherwise fatasses would be the strongest people.

thatsnot a girl

Obviously the aura is passed down through the phagogenesis process. Otherwise the ants' strength would have been inexplicable.

Knov probably was though.

they have to make it across a huge fuck ocean.

It's a real shame that Knov with his fairly ridiculous ability turned out to be such a massive pussy.

1. Be conjurer.
2. Develop an ability that the condition will be that you ONLY use that ability on chimera ants.
3. Insta-kill Meruem.
4. ????
5. PROFIT!

The chimera ant arc pretty much showed that Meruem was the top of the physical fighting power level that could be reached in the HxH world, in terms of raw fighting ability, but that doesn't mean shit considering so many abilities bypass pure physical prowess. That's exactly why Netero was an enhancer instead of some other category.
I mean Knov and that chameleon ant would have been able to sneak up on Meruem and decapitate him easily.

>decades of training nen
>make ability that will only work against enemy that just came by
>nen career ends

well spend life

He said it's his final fight anyway. Also if he said "I'm gonna use 0 hands technique only on chimera ants" he'd still be able to fight

His skill level is above Netero, but his raw power almost certainly isn't. So he'd probably just die.

My girlfriend, Pouf.

>unless there's some super diseases over there equal to the miniature rose poison
There probably is.

>Why did Togashi feel the need to create a new world when we have seen very very little of the regular one?
There's not as much sense of wonder in exploring a bunch of continents that humans already thrive in. The existence of DC is a good thing because it invokes the sense of wonder Europeans had when exploring the new world or we have as we explore space.

While Netero, Hisoka and Chrollo all have the 1v1 type strength, I'm sure Ging and Beyond both have the "nature" strength. That's not to say Ging wouldn't wipe the floor with Hisoka in a 1v1, or that Netero wouldn't be able to do well in the Dark Continent, but you know what I mean.

What I'm saying is that I like how there's a different type of strength that someone like Netero has, compared to the strength that someone like Ging has.

I cried.

With some prep time.

No risk there, saving your condition for the last minute. Why does no one understand it's a risk-reward mechanic?

I say no, offensively Netero was one of the best nen users to date, not much is known about Ging but against Meruem who was always improving given the opportunity, bare in mind Meruem's abilities were broken so if Meruem exploited the fuck out of that and the fact that had Netero not nuked himself, Shia and Youpi would still exist ... Ging would lose miserably

Gon was so strong that a single kick crippled Pitou. Meruem was probably still stronger pre-rose, and very much stronger post-rose. But Gon probably crossed a threshold where some creativity/tactics would have let him defeat pre-rose Meruem. Nobody else really had that.

could not be helped, he gauged their ants nen to his and realised there was no way anyone there could realistically win ... which turned out to be true( excluding Gon's Mary Sue powerup) and ended up saving Shoot and Morel who could no longer use his nen abilities

It was eye-opening to me how women loved Meruem's "bad boy turned good by weird girl" arc.

I always knew in the abstract that women liked this sort of thing but holy shit. Go check out Komugi x Meruem scenes on youtube and the comments are flooded with women. It sorta makes me sad knowing they're inherently attracted to bad people.

>I mean Knov and that chameleon ant would have been able to sneak up on Meruem and decapitate him easily
kek, the Chameleon admitted several times that this was unlikely, especially against Meruem

its shippers man, look at Fairy Fail and how it survived despite being shit

Eh, it's a fantasy more than anything. Just like men jerk off to the idea of raping and impregnating an underage girl, but they would never do in real life.

One of my coworkers likes the emo depressed type in fiction, but she's been long term dating this nice soyboy Canadian.

>Gon was so strong that a single kick crippled Pitou
Also remember that Netero hit Pitou and it had no effect. He was trying to separate the royal guard from Meruem but still. Gon-san was clearly more offensively capable than Netero.

>people complain about powerlevel-fags when the main character of the fucking show is an enhancer whose main ability throughout the series has been how hard he can punch

Togashi had better fucking give Gon a nifty new move or some shit when Gon gets his nen back, assuming Togashi doesn't break his back and die before bringing Gon back into the story.

Damn that's true. Thanks for putting it in perspective.