When will we actually have a realistic medieval anime?

When will we actually have a realistic medieval anime?

And preferably not too ''fantasy''

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_tFOJFyTl1U?t=41s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only if you mean medieval Japan. Why would Japan bother making accurate historical shows about Europe? Even Europe doesn't seem to bother.

maria the virgin witch is right up your alley.
So is Spice and Wolf

>spice and wolf

I really doubt that serie being as loved as it is, if it was made today

I watched Maria the Virgin Witch solely because I thought the anime would be like the previews of the battles. While the battles were nice, there weren't that many of them and it was mostly just standard "oh you're still a virgn?" anime tropes and a Virgin Mary/Joseph allegory.

Sengoku Basara was pretty good

It'll never be adapted, so just read Hawkwood

Sorry, Berserk's Golden Age arc is the best you're going to get.

>medieval

European medieval or Japanese? If the latter then they exist already. If the former then you're a self-entitled weeb.

Give it a break.
Spice and Wolf, Maria the virgin witch, and Vinland Saga made more research on history than the common western medieval and viking movie, which is just a bunch of misinformed stereotypes.

I lucky to forget the title of some medieval movie wherein the knights wear shoes with soles and launches trebuchet boulders on their own soldiers.

Wrong qoute
Meant for

OP asked: not too "fantasy".

Interesting that on average, the fantasy ones did more researching than the "realistic" ones.

>virgin witch
I thought OP said realistic?

Arslan Senki?

What are some feudal japan anime? All I can think of is samurai shampoo

Pic related is one of the most kino series ever made.

When there are updates?

Until now only Vinland Saga was the only legit fucking recommendation.

Are people here stupid?

No fantasy...

>Sengoku Basara
>Anything realistic
You're nuts.

>realistic
>anime

pick one

Realistic as in "no magical BS"?

Arslan is pretty good. It gets a touch of magic in there, and all the country names are different, but you can definitely recognize each place. Altair is pretty good, too, actually. It has more of a renaissance feel to it, though.

I have heard good things about Kingdom but I've never gone through the 500+ chapters it has.

>Vinland Saga
>No Fantasy
Pick one

>Kingdom
That's around 1000 years too early.

But only a similar note, "The Ravages of Time" is pretty good as well.

I don't mind fantasy but I get pissed when every japanese medieval "fantasy" is just a dragon quest isekai.

Whatre you implying?

Berserk, the Golden Age arc has given me the most Medieval feeling of any series or movie.

It's as if the targe audience didn't know the first thing about the actual medieval era, let alone the fact it is as boring as it sounds.

People here remember "medieval" era as the time of serfdom, knights and royalty. Ask the for stories and they'll tell you about Arthurian legends and all sorts of fairy tales.

Why would Japanese, whom that portion of history doesn't concern at all, have any need to have better knowledge than that romanticism horse shit which is the start and finish of medieval knowledge for almost all people here?

They know about what transpired in Medieval China (post-Han) and that already makes them more knowledgeable about European medieval ages than the majority of non-history majors and buffs.

Onihei

Onihei got shafted hard since HS didn't/couldn't rip it.

They can't into battles that don't involve teleports behind you supermen.

That manga about that frontier castle where everyone got tortured

We already had one, too bad you weren't around to watch it.

>Joseph can't stand up after falling with only a breastplate on

It is in the fighting style.
youtu.be/_tFOJFyTl1U?t=41s

What? It's common knowledge that Date Masamune sextuple wielded swords in combat and rode a motorbike horse.

>tfw plenty of anime about ancient/medivial eastern and western settings, but none about the Americas

>sjw-grim

Inuyasha

He's right though, MtVW shows a lot of authentic attention to detail in medieval arms, armour and fighting

It's far more authentic than examples in this thread like Berserk's Golden Age

We have Ninja Scroll though.

>medieval anime without magic and monsters gl user stick to your isekais

>ninja scroll
>not basilisk
alsoI'm talking about the shitty TV anime and not the movie