Wow. Episode 1 did absolutely nothing to assuage my fears that it was going to suck

Wow. Episode 1 did absolutely nothing to assuage my fears that it was going to suck.

First show I dropped this season. Not a chance it would survive the 3 episode rule. I dropped the original 2005 anime too though (around episode 8).

It would be nice here if you would provide more specific details to elaborate your opinion. OP is frequently required to be brief and vague, but the content in the thread would be higher quality if the posters didn't follow the same format. The order in which you dropped shows this season, or the single fact that you dropped a related show, isn't really relevant to anyone but you and promotes no further discussion.

I loved the manga, but never watched the original anime adaptation myself. I'd suggest reading it, if nothing else.

Going into this blind, without having watched the previous season, this was pretty bad. I don't know the proper term for it but the freezeframe fighting was comical, I didn't know people still made things like that. Characterisation seemed to completely fall by the wayside, which isn't what you really want in the first episode. I'll keep watching for now but who knows.

A better effort to promote discussion. However, notice how far user has to reach from the previous post to continue a congruous thread of content. I.e. connecting anon1's opinion of the 2005 anime with anon2's opinion of the manga. It's a stretch. This kind of thinly bridged and only loosely connected content wouldn't be required if we all put in the effort to ensure that our posts were relevant and high quality.

For example, instead of even responding to anon1, anon2 could just have posted his opinion about the manga. It would be equally relevant to the thread whether or not anon1's post was even included. Although, here again, the post is sparse in content and anon2 didn't include any specific reasons or explanations for his opinions. Make quality posts, people!

God damn it now here's a solid post. Gold star for anon3.

A suggestion:
>Characterisation seemed to completely fall by the wayside, which isn't what you really want in the first episode.
Go into more detail. How did the characterization fail? Provide examples. Even if it's only a sentence or two specifying what you mean by "failed characterization," that is quality and interesting content.

OP, here.
Could you take your shitposting to another thread? I'd appreciate it.

Thread's going to die anyway, looks like. I thought I'd give it a few bumps and attempt to generate some relatively constructive bickering

Plus, it's funny because despite being autistic, it's more or less true

If my thread dies, it dies.
Dude, this is [a/. It doesn't need more autism than it already has, post quality be damned.

The original anime was pretty cool

Isn't there already a basilisk anime?

It's only funny because it sounds autistic from a particular frame of reference. But if you actually read what I'm writing, it's mostly true. I tried to keep the goading to a minimum; my intention actually was to jump start the thread.

>dude Sup Forums is just shit lol who cares XD

You're trying to herd cats. I've been posting here since before the /jp/ split and nothing will get people to give a shit, least of all some autistic shitposting.

Still better than most of the shit aired so far for sure.

well you're fucking terrible at trying to provoke discussion

IDK, man. I'm thinking the second season of Magus Bride is going to be the main contender for AOTS, at least on the serious side.

Or Devilman, I guess, but it feels weird including it in a season when it's just released all at once.

I believe you are incorrect in your assessment of the community. People follow other people. Look at all the retarded bullcrap the global elite are able to herd the populations into believing. On Sup Forums, if enough people recognize that putting a little effort into post quality results in a better board, then we'll have a better board. I think Sup Forums has it in them.

Magus Bride is great but I dont count carryovers, only new stuff airing in this particular season

Thread would have hit page 9 30 minutes ago without my well intended shitposting.

Were you around when tumblr decided that Sup Forums was, collectively, too much of a shitlord and tried to have us "clean up our act"? How did that turn out?
There's a deep vein of contrarianism running through Sup Forums and I'd caution against striking it.

Fair enough. In terms of "new" IP's, there isn't much out yet. It's certainly not going to stand up to Devilman and I'd place Pop Team Epic above this. What else has been released so far of any interest? Seems pretty sparse.

4 year newfag. What I'm proposing isn't a complete break from tradition. It's the simple understanding that our contribution to the community has value.

If people put more effort into it as a result of your shitposts, it'd be just long enough to tell you to MgFuggen GillYurselb :-DD and then revert back to the usual, laid-back posting you tried to disrupt.

pop team epic is the worst show of the season hands down

Pop Team Epic isn't shitting on an established and cherished series with incest-bait rehash garbage.

>laid back
It's more a matter of just being lazy and self oriented than relaxed. Quite similar to fagbook and the ilk, actually. Being a serious and conscientious community member is contrarian, now.

Junji Ito collection and Kokkoku had an alright first episode.

Oh right, haven't gotten to those yet.

i was really hoping this would be atleast half decent

Gonzo is dead, so how come this got made?

Gonzo don't own the IP.

>lazy and self oriented
So a/ in a nutshell?

Just fuck off to reddit than if you want coherent discussions

Watch the first season user, it's pretty much guaranteed to be better than this one and this sequel will spoil you the end.