It's that time again

Time for a 3x3 thread. Create, rate, & hate.

Other urls found in this thread:

anime-planet.com/anime/tengen-toppa-gurren-lagann/recommendations
bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

3/5
Kind of generic, honestly.

6/6
1/1

circlejerk recommendation threads belong on

do you feel insecure about your taste, user?

Here's a non-image 3x3
>Madoka
>TTGL
>Luluco
>Kaiji(RPS arc only)
Nothing else i've watched was enjoyed enough by me to warrant an inclusion, suggestions?

>suggestions?
yeah, watch more anime.

that's what im tryna do by asking for suggestions

Look at the recommendations on an anime's page on Anime-Planet. Like this: anime-planet.com/anime/tengen-toppa-gurren-lagann/recommendations
Look up other anime by the same director/studio/staff.

Thanks for the resource, problem with those types of recommendation sites is that most people will recommend based on plot similarities instead of similarities in style/feel though

3/9
8/9 based
3/9 TV, 6/9 movie

tanoshi

1/2

recently rewatched millenium actress and i really dont get why its as liked as it is. seems just kon dicksucking to me at this point. like, the overall art direction, genre blend and style of directing are outstanding, but "plot" and the characters are completely worthless from what i was able to tell. i still like the movie, but for some reason it felt incredibly empty to me.
>miyazaki, long running children show, ghibli, two best selling manga, one very popular manga in the west
the average japanese person would probably that generic as well
3.5/7 +arete, ykk, (maruko, although havent watched a lot of eps) +/- waves -oni, touch, anne
++brigadoon +noein, fantastic (i know so many people who have both of these as favourites its unreal, i dont even get why), erin, eoe, +/- e7 -pengi, --madoka
5.5/8
look at my oc, though.

>i dont even get why
long scale love stories with grounded personalities but fantastic events/story/world

i mean i get why the shows are popular, its just weird that both these fairly niche titles often show up as a pair.

Witch Hunter Robin
Cowboy Bebop
Tatami Galaxy
The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi
Ranma 1/2
The Girl who Leapt through Time
Kiki's Delivery Service
Dragon Ball (up to Buu)
Naruto (Up to the end of the Chûnin exam)

These are the ones that have caused the most impact on me. I'm probably a pleb by Sup Forums standards but take into account that I read/watched some of these while quite young, and they caused a massive impression.

I love your top row. I think Tenshino Tamago is a masterpiece.

What's the one in the middle row, on the right?

I've seen none of these. Which do you recommend most?
What's the first one (topleft 1st square) and the top middle of right square?

Also is that La maison en petits cubes? I cried like a baby at that.

I don't recognize even 1 one of these. Do you have a top recommendation? Trying to expand my culture.

>What's the first one (topleft 1st square)
Eva
>top middle of right square?
Gauche the Cellist
>Also is that La maison en petits cubes? I cried like a baby at that.
Yup

1/3
Anne/1
Shows: 4.5/6
Movies: 3/4
+madoka
+tsumiki no ie
2.5/3
+Tsukigakirei
4/4
4.5/8

I wish you fuckfaces would put the title in the picture. So i could check out what you like ;_;

2/2 Gits,Berserk
is the one on the first row persona 4?
0/1 -lain

What is literally everyone except fullmetal

should I watch boogiepop?

Dark, at night, and home alone.

If only the p4 animations looked that good. It's angel's egg

hunter x hunter, made in abyss, fooly cooly
toradora,full metal,evangelion
jojo part 2,gurren lagan,baccano!

pretentious/10

TTGL
FLCL
First Gundam
Lain
Kyousou Giga
Daicon III IV
Rolling Girls
Puni Puni Poemii
Shirobako

Let me into the cool kids club

Crop a square and reverse image search it.

Why do you like this goofy pumpkin so much?

5/6
++Berserk, Sword of the Stranger, Ping Pong
+GitS, Millennium Actress
+-Paranoia Agent
0/2
+-Yokohama
-Ocean Waves
4/4
3/4
++Eva, E7, Madoka
-Penguindrum
4/5
++Bebop, Haruhi, Kiki, Dragon Ball
+-Tatami
2/2
++Hellsing Ultimate, Devilman Crybaby
3/4
++HanaIro, Azumanga
+Clannad
-Lain
9/9
4/5

Is there a program that let's you drag and drop pictures to make grids?

bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php

Thanks.

Shimoneta is easily one of the worst anime I've ever seen.

you havent seen many then.

you must not have seen many animes

5/7
+ FLCL, FMA, EVA
- Gurren Lagann, Abyss

- that tail

3/5
+ Eva, Death Note, Haibane
- Casshern

2/4
+ Jin Roh, EoE
- Colorful

4/7
+ Angel's Egg, Berserk, Ping Pong
- Tex, Shigurui

paranoia agent

mostly bad taste

I've seen a lot more than you, guaranteed.

Newfiend here, what is a 3x3 thread?

Lots of ironic weebs in this thread.

What are the middle three and top right?

You're retarded if thats your only retort.

Top Left: idek what that is some kinda turnip head.
FMA: Liked it better when it was called FMA and more emotion/character based, less so the manga which came off as so much more generic.
NGE: Its okay, also comes off kinda generic since I never saw mecha anime pre-NGE (when NGE was revolutionary). I do like Asuka though in her ugliness.
Berserk: Good but I hate all the rape stuff.
FLCL: My favorite a true classic and Mamimi is my heart.
Steins;Gate: Some good characters but the time travel doesn't make sense?
Kaiba: Never seen this.
Aku no Hana: Also never seen this but the bitching and counterbitching over the rotoscoping (and some of the hilarious images that came out of it) was a treat.
Haibane Renmei: Good slow burn anime, one of my favorites from highschool, Reki is also my heart.

GTO: Grossed me out this guy is a pedophile who helps people? No thanks.
Jojo Bizarre Adventure pompadour edition: Really enjoyed the fights and the characters, though all the women on that show are bitches, whores or victims.
Ranma 1/2: Everyone first anime (or one of the first). Kinda nice though its been a long time.
Gundam Wing: Never got into this, seemed way too dry and I'm not a big enough fujo.
Suzumiya Haruhi: Lol what a trainwreck but the movie was really good. The amazing shenanigans that went down on Sup Forums with Endless 8 were a lot of fun.

3/3
3/3
1/2
What's above HYD? Looks familiar.

Post yours.

If the TL is Monogatari I couldn't get past all the weird incest and pedophilia. I think its interesting how it used to be such an Sup Forums staple and now not anymore.
Deaf anime: I liked the oneshot a lot, the manga ended up watering it down and the movie hollowed out the watered down manga plot.
Hunter x Hunter: Good enough for a shounen
Psycho Pass: Good.
Kare Kano: Never seen the anime (I heard they ran out of budget) but the manga is pretty good especially when you get into the darker parts of the lead male. Also hes a total rapist
Madoka Magica: Didn't really click with me like it did for most people, though I loved Homura and her whole story. Would have been better if it followed her story so it could be like a better version of Steins;Gate. Never saw the movies.
NGE: Hunter x Hunter: See Above
NGE, FLCL, FMA: Toradora: I love romance stories so I was looking forward to this but it seemed that neither lead was really all that sexy or romantic? I don't really like tsundere girls (tsundere boys are good).
Baccano: Amazing and a lot of fun, better than durarara and deserved a second season. Fun setting and fun characters, I don't know.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: When I first came to Sup Forums this was really big and everyone was sperging about how GAR it was and "GAR vs moe" and all this nonsense. It was ok. I liked the memes (this was back when Sup Forums could meme).
Jo Jo the first one (?): I watched maybe half of this it wasn't as good as pompadour edition. Characters felt more flat and the dog in the oven was a bit much.

Fushigi Yuugi (Miaka/Tamahome). I need to update my 3x3 for series so I posted by couples 3x3. Though I do think Fushigi Yuugi is a hell of a lot better than it gets credit for and I've never seen another anime with quite the same solid balance of romance and adventure.

Ocean waves is truly underrated my man.
3/3.

>crybaby
>vatican
Stop meming. 0/2.

>only yesterday
>rakugo
>Wings of Honneamise
>luluco
Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well. 4/4.

>gash
>ran
>yotsuba
>princess tutu
Great.
4/4 anime. 5/5 manga.

I already did.

I have no idea how to rate or what the numbers mean, honestly, but this is mine. Manga only. If someone can explain, i can rate others.

>middle
Fantastic Children, Selector Infected Wixoss, Kemono Erin
>top right
NOEIN

Suzumiya Haruhi ENDLESS EIGHT: .
Clannad: Ok, I love Tomoya but all the girls felt uninteresting to me? And the VN was downright boring? And the ending was bs?
Azumanga Daioh: Lots of fun and totally adorable, minus the random pervert teacher
Serial Experiments Lain: I was obsessed with this show in highschool, soo ~deep~
Boogiepop Phantom: Another true highschool favorite also soo ~deep~ and the episodic structure made it so there was a lot of little interesting stories within the larger one. Some of the novels were published in English and I own/love those
Chihayafuru: Its nice and all but it needs more romance. It can kinda feel like shounen for girls? Though it has very strong moments within it I'm not terrible interested in who can become the Queen of Cards.

That's just from S&V, not Luluco.

>+ Eva, Death Note, Haibane
Death not isn't on my mosaic

5/6
-GiTS
4/4 anime
4/4 manga
Watching more anime is all you can do. Also, don't rush to put things on a 3x3. Wait until you find something you really like.
4/4
Really nice, actually.
4/4
Millennium Actress is probably my favourite Kon movie because of the way it blends the past and present sections so seamlessly, along with the fact that provides a fairly nuanced, non-idealised portrayal of childhood love. Style is the main reason to watch Kon honestly- the only thing he worked on that has a totally solid story is Magnetic Rose, which he didn't even direct.
1.5/2
Clannad is just alright, IMO.
2/2
2/2
The only thing keeping me from watching Kare Kano is that I heard it goes to shit after Anno leaves. I'm not sure if I should pick it up.
2/3
-Aku No Hana
1/1
2/3 anime
-Code Geass
0/0 manga

i'm don't worry bruv, that's what i did, i've watched 45~ anime

>the only thing he worked on that has a totally solid story is Magnetic Rose
Perfect Blue is one of the best stories in film.

Fuck off.

>I've only seen 300 anime but want to have unique taste

what's your deal? why so hostile?

The happy ending and the manager being the killer felt like a copout to me.

Thanks

How do you do fellow plebs.

The manger wasn't the killer, you may need to pay more attention next time.

7/7, what's bottom middle?

Mine either. Is that the joke? I thought it was top mid on yours.

oh, i see what you thought, what I said in this post was responding to you saying i shouldn't rush to put things into a 3x3, not me watching more anime

Midori-ko

Nah that's Texhnolyze

>The only thing keeping me from watching Kare Kano is that I heard it goes to shit after Anno leaves. I'm not sure if I should pick it up.
I don't think Anno leaving was the issue. The people taking over pretty much kept the direction style and humor (which were the best points), but the pacing slows down drastically which completely breaks the flow of the show up until that point. It still has issues, but I don't think the content itself is much different.

Cool, I've seen some of his short films. I'll have to check that out.

It also suffers from an abundance of lengthy recaps. Love the show, though.

this is pretentious as fuck, but i love it

uncultured american taste comin through
solid 4/9
girls/girls
3/7 anime
2/9 manga
8/9
4/8

7/9

Unironic 1/5.

What's bottom left?

you could just ask kindly

1/4
+ Hourou Musuko

Kuzu no Honkai and Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku made me want to blow my brains out. Gurren Lagann was just boring.

1/9
--single hit dude

I cant tell if this is negative or positive comment.

Brigadoon

SDF Macross >>>> DYRL
Original Yamato >>>> 2199

thanks for your opinion. its been noted and thrown into the trash.

Original Yamato >>>>> feces >>>>> 2199

>people genuinely believe that OG Yamato is better
Take off the nostalgia-googles. The old series is extremely dated and shallow.

7/8
3/4
3/4 tv
4/4 ova&movies
4/6 tv
1/2 movies
3/3
3/3
2/3
7/9
7/9
3/4
4/6
7/7
4/5
7/7
7/7
5/6
5/6
3/4

>nostalgia
Yes, because I was alive in the late 70s, and am nostalgic about anime from that time period.
Retard.

9/9, but very entry level.

>The old series is extremely dated and shallow.
Wrong!

Just watched them both last year, and the new series pales in comparison. The art and designs took a huge downgrade, and the direction isn't nearly as interesting as Ishiguro's work on the first series.