Is SAO part of modern literature classes in america?

Is SAO part of modern literature classes in america?

>no geiger counter
Shit list

Enough reason to drop the class.

56%

Honestly people would probably learn more if you showed them what not to do, rather than vaguely explain what you should do.

It is popular/infamous so it seems legit.

That or it's the hatedom making elaborate thing

Why didn't they use Progressive instead?

If this was a state school, I'd complain to my lawmaker.

You've probably read required to some terrible books before in school.

Suck it up

All of the required reading I did in school was 10/10 except for Pygmalion.

The word "progressive" triggers about 39% of Americans these days, so it's best avoided.

Is this literally a weeb class? All of those are fucking self-insert LN-tier.

Looks like it's a college/university course summary. Probably something about modern Japanese media or literature - so yeah, I suppose it's not entirely unreasonable to list SAO?

there was several anime in my "art appreciation" textbook, and I think SAO was one of them
that was the worst class I have ever taken, but im glad I don't have to take another art class again

self reference engine is pain in the ass to find and e-book to. Help

Check /lit/ for places of where to find them, pretty sure you can get whatever via irc.

>paprika
>self insert ln tier
I'LL END YOU

I used #bookz, libgen and still found nothing.

If you take this class and not go on a shooting spree, you don't deserve to be here.

Hating SAO is for normalfags too at this point.

Hell most of SAO's hatedom is more autistic and low-quality than the series itself

Hating on the comments that hate SAO is even more autistic at this point

I doubt that.

edgy

Sword Art Online is bad enough that murder is justifed. Or so the people with "taste" say

Is this Japanese class?

Hmm. What would be a great LN to read in regards to being academically rewarding? Maybe Haruhi?

I don't even hate sao and I would drop this class

who is running this class and whats the point

Its the smartest anime ever.

As soon as I see this I'm walking right out the door

>SAO
>"""""literature"""""

I went to a community college for a little while and I've seen shit like this.
My guess is it's a throwaway class for people that need an extra credit in order to graduate/transfer.

To teach literature students how to write about glop.

>Dislike the story due to how it tries to have a serious atmosphere while characters act retarded.
>Dislike the story due to a poorly thought out setting that tries to appeal to a generation of people that have played mmorpg's, yet can't be bothered to flesh out a coherent game that ends up making less and less sense the more you think about it.
>Dislike the story due to how characters have unclear motivations, and how girls are used only as fodder for a pokemon-esque archetype collection.

I know my autistic rant prove your point. But I don't think criticism of the characters, setting, and story seem autistic in itself.

But the second point is bunk because it was never designed as a typical MMO in the first place and yet it is used as the single most common derision of the franchise.

It's a massive roleplaying game that on launch has 10k players, that abysmal, pacing of the story is awful and bosses don't seem like threats unless they are used to make kirito look good, which usually comes at the cost of other characters looking damn near retarded such as when that raid leader refused to drink a health pot and save his own life while kirito hadn't been involved in the fight yet.

It has 10k players for a tech demonstrator game that requires users to adopt bleeding edge technology with a gameplay system that will be extremely sensitive to latency so its sole launch server is only available in (a small subset?) Japan. Most bosses are glossed over because everybody still alive got competent and overleveled enough to reduce losses to near zero, is that unexpected when the game wasn't designed to be unbeatable or require sacrifices?

By raid leader you mean Yuusha-ou in the 1st floor boss battle? The anime censored his death scene, his skull was supposed to be sliced in two.

>steal as needed
Nani?

I hate SAO not because it's bad, but because it's wasted potential. There are too many bad anime out there to waste time hating them.

There's a difference between being forced to read Number the Stars and a literal teenage power fantasy about a 'beater' finding his waifu while they're both trapped in a game and having sex with her because he's just so awesome at video games.

I'm a worthless NEET weeb, and even I think that SAO is unhealthy garbage. Forcing people to not just read, but purchase and inflate the sales of, said garbage is indeed grounds for some angry letters to the school's directors.

More like you are a braindead sheep that hates it to fit in with the other fedora tippers

>Paprika - scifi novel about a device that lets you see people's dreams
>Self-Reference Engine - scifi novel that tries way to hard to be meta
>Slum Online - scifi novel about MMO
>SAO - 'Help I'm Trapped in an MMO but Take Your Time Saving Me Because We Can Have Sex In Here'

Seems to be a class on either modern japanese science fiction, japanese fiction related to computers or simulated realities, or the teacher is a huge fucking weeb.

In any of those three possibilities, you could have selected far better material than SAO.

Is four years oh spunk really suitable for the dignity of such an institution?

I'm willing to bet the cancerous twitter faggot you got this from edited the syllabus their professor posted online and printed it out for likes/retweets.

desu I'd rather read SAO than some of the other boring literature books they force you read in school. I dunno about US, but most of our old literature is really boring to me, there are some good works of course, but the teachers rarely told us to read those.

I found it immediately on libgen so no fucking idea what you are on.

I had to read I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings in high school. That trash made Sword Art Online look like high art.

>beg, borrow, steal as needed

I assume the last one means piracy?

There really isn't
I was forced to read catcher in the rye and SAO is probably a lot better at both the existentialism and the entertainment
Also the pic is wrong, he didn't cum for 2 years, he came 2 years worth of semen, they're completely different things

I remember Anthem was one of four mandatory choices for summer reading at a high school I had just transferred to and the teacher (who I assume had little to no part in picking it) just sighed whenever it was brought up and discretely entirely skipped over setting aside a day to talk about it in class like he did with the rest of the books.

You need bad examples of modern literature to teach shitty kids what not to do

Those who've only watched Kon's Paprika don't realize how terrible the novel is.

This, and this is speaking as someone who actually likes SAO at least it isn't the fucking Fairy Dance arc