Is this the correct minimum requirements for the Rei archetype?

Is this the correct minimum requirements for the Rei archetype?

A girl (female)
Pale skin
Blue hair
Narrow/rectangular eyes
Appears emotionless (schizoid)
Doesn't speak often or at length
Vulnerable
Strong connection/loyalty to a limited number of people

Is there a Rei before Rei? I think I saw a comic that claims that a certain character was Rei's prototype, but I can't seem to find that comic now.

Holy shit, imagine being this retarded.

Kanade Tachibana is just only an autistic doll with zero chimestry with mc

I am Rei's prototype
Rei 0, if you will

I'm Rei -1, get fucked.

I'm pretty sure this is the Ayanami Rei prototype.

Most Reis are actually Ruris

00 get on a Rei thread

Checkmate, Red!
Blue: 1
Red: 0

>female
Not necessarily

That's an Anthy expy, you dumb Tutufag.

>Is there a Rei before Rei?

I haven't seen Nadesico.

What's the main difference between Ruri and Rei?

>my boyfriend is nothing like her.

It's been years since I watched it, but I think Ruri had more personality

lol no not at all

Rei get

Ruri was/is sarcastic and mischievous. Ruri was also engineered to some degree to better the computers, or something (forget the specifics).
Rei didn't really have much of a character so it's hard to compare and contrast.

Is middle right even a Rei archetype

thought she was a kuudere?

>Appears emotionless, making her pure and not a slut like Asuka
>Doesn't speak often or at length
>Vulnerable
>Strong connection/loyalty to a limited number of people

Also always shown reading a real book, means that she have a quest for knowledge

This is why Rei is the ultimate Waifu.

Also, Rei is cute. CUTE!!!

Is this a Rei?

Did she qualified?

No that's autism

>Tutu
My nigga

Piss off

Post cute Rei expies.

Best Rei-clone coming through

Rei is a god you retard not a waifu.

What does the H stands for?

>rei#clones is banned
why must everything fun die

This is the official theory of nips.

Yes he was called Rei had blue hair sliced with his fingers trough people , killed the only man who loved him and ate dirt

Reiclones can have green hair, like that one girl from Lucky Star

Does this one count?

>ANOTHER Rei get

>99
Missed

I guess hair color is not really a requirement.

almost....

Came to post this

Even if there's no filter for physical appearance.
Rei must always be vulnerable.

So, characters like and pic related can never be a Rei.

Ayase Kishimoto is not like Rei.

Best clone of Rei

Before this thread dies, let's finalize the minimum requirements of the Rei Archetype.

A girl (female(very important))
Hair color not important, but will usually get the short hair as contrast to the obnoxious female character
Eye color is not important, but will usually get the narrow/rectangular shape, again, as contrast to the obnoxious female character
Appears emotionless (schizoid)
Doesn't speak often or at length
Vulnerable or looks vulnerable, having pale skin is a sign of vulnerability, short stature, weak eyesight
Strong connection/loyalty to a limited number of people
Always reading/researching on her free time

ruri started off autistic but over the course of the series because somewhat normal...
rei is just a failed

When you say "Rei Archetype" are you actually trying to say a dandere?

Rei is Rei.

After a quick seach, Kotaku says:
Danderes often want to be sociable but are too scared or too embarrassed to talk. They tend to fear that saying the wrong thing might get them into trouble—or some other socially awkward situation—so they say nothing to be on the safe side.

Dandere's are result of social anxiety; so, no.

>Dandere's are result of social anxiety
They are not.
And the fact that it seems you had to look up the definition of the word (from kotaku, no less) makes me question your familiarity of the archetype.

Then what's your definition?

>Kotaku

Fuck outta here

danmari + dereru.
There's no concrete reason behind why danderes are quiet just as there's to concrete reason behind why tsunderes are tsun.

She's not a rei clone, she's just a quiet girl. A rei clone should have a special or mysterious background, though.
Eureka is a real example of a rei clone with green hair.

Female is not obligatory if the other requirements are met. Mytho is obvioisly a rei clone

Just my type of girls.

>There's no concrete reason behind why
Oh, so you're taking the "Girls are mysterious" route.

Okay. You're free to go faggot.

But remember, Rei is Rei, we know who she is, and who her "clones" are, that's why she gets her own Archetype. And not the kuudere / dandere archetype; if those archetype are not clear like you said.

I don't understand why people keep saying Eureka is a Rei clone when clearly their personalities are very different.

>so you're taking the "Girls are mysterious" route.
You are dumb.

That's also not what I was saying at all, but more than anything, you are very dumb.

She was a turbo dyke.

>You are dumb
>you are very dumb
That come back. How will I ever recover.

What else is there to say to someone who so profoundly misunderstands the words put in front of them?

I imagine you'll look at this post and take from it that I am now agreeing with you.

yes, her name is Key.

Rei is a Key clone.

They're nearly contemporaries. only a few months apart, Eva's project proposal started in 93, Key started airing at the end of 94, Eva debuted in 95, too little time for Key's anime to air, influence gainax, retool Rei, and produce Eva. It was more of a zeitgeist kind of thing.

You mean a woman who isnt a whore or dyke?

yeah but in the concept art and in the pitch blurb Rei wasn't an emotionless doll she was just a cynical dickhead
Eva went through a lot of rewrites, wouldn't surprise me if the Master made Rei extra autistic after watching some of Key. And the tang stuff, while being a regular ectoplasmic ghostbuster slime thing, seems way too close to the Gel to be a coincidence.

But in any case it's quite obvious that in the mid 90s, short-haired creepy autistic self-introspective expressionless girls with identity issues and supernatural attributes and an artificial origin embroiled in techno-magical conspiracies that involve body horror and connecting people's minds, was the big thing.

Another example would be this pumpkin right here.

I think an even earlier example might be Vampire Princess Miyu.

> it's quite obvious that in the mid 90s, short-haired creepy autistic self-introspective expressionless girls with identity issues and supernatural attributes and an artificial origin embroiled in techno-magical conspiracies that involve body horror and connecting people's minds, was the big thing.
Yeah, it was a golden age for those of us who love that archetype.

And the beginning of the end for others. I ain't gonna forgive Oshii for shoehorning that archetype onto the major.

Also had a very bad influence on American scifi girls through The Matrix.

*blocks your path*

>Chirico

I'm not a super expert on VOTOMS, but fucking what

So autistic she was dead. That's next level autism.

>Origami