Aspe-chan

An artist with aspergers is writing a manga based on her experiences. Maybe you can relate.

>Hello, I’m Aspe-chan.
>I’m a girl with Asperger’s.

>I have Asperger’s myself, and because of that, had a lot of difficulties as a child.
>● Not understanding detailed nuances
>● Sensitive about certain feelings
>● Not being able to deal well with unexpected events… and more
>So I made this comic to spread awareness of what it’s like to have Asperger’s.

>For those unfamiliar with Asperger’s, Aspe-chan will guide you through the daily life of what it’s like.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/akagikuro
youtu.be/6KG121u8P-U?t=40m30s
youtube.com/watch?v=vC-py_a9AJ4
myanimelist.net/anime/32255/Ashita_Kirarin
youtube.com/watch?v=O1kBZTBxE1c
youtube.com/watch?v=hV2OfeXwCWQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Aspe-chan doesn’t understand detailed nuances.
>Ambiguous instructions confuse her.

>Particularly hard-to-understand words are “a few,” “those,” “over there,” “firmly,” “nicely,” “whatever.”
>At work: “Take out a few of those.”
>“I have no idea what this means!”

>“What do you mean by ‘those?’ And how many is ‘a few?'”
>“What?! Normally people just understand! ‘Those’ are those things! ‘A few’ is a few! Like three or so.”
>If they don’t say it specifically like that, then I don’t know what to do.
>Sometimes that means I get yelled at….

>When you ask someone with Asperger’s to do something, it’s hard for us to understand ambiguous words.
>But if you ask using specifics, we can do it no problem! Aspe-chan loves getting things done exactly as asked.
>Bad words: “a few,” “those,” “quickly”
>Good words: “three,” “those things in a specific location,” “finish by a certain time”

>Aspe-chan in elementary school.

>She was being scolded by the teacher (I don’t remember why).
>“If you’re not going to try harder then go home!”
>Aspe-chan’s inner thought: Oh, I can go home?

>“Okay, I’m going home. Bye!”
>“WHAT?!”

>“You’re not supposed to go home!”
>“…but you said I could.”
>(And I was scolded even more afterward.)
>People with Asperger’s often take things literally.

>Ever since I was little, people would always say things to me like: “can’t you do it normally?” or “why are you so strange?” or “weirdo” or “you act funny.”

>My “normal” was not “normal.” I couldn’t do the “normal” things everyone else did.
>I wondered if I was a bad kid. I thought day after day about what “normal” was.

>But something “normal” is just something common that anyone can do.
>Normal things: walking normally, not spilling food, not falling in weird places
>Amazing things: things that people can’t just imitate
>So rather than worry about what I couldn’t do, I started thinking positive about all of the things that Asperger’s let me do that others couldn’t.

>Some good personality traits of having Asperger’s are: intense focus, excellent memory, and more.
>● We can focus on completing a project
>● We can become super knowledgeable on a certain subject
>Rather than just being able to do “normal things,” I think it’s much more amazing to make use of those skills and do something no one else can do.

Cute

Very cute.

Everything is cute as long is 2D.

I like this, user. Please do continue.

I like how it's not preachy, much like western comics about autism/aspergers. Here's the artists twitter, she does gravure cosplay, twitter.com/akagikuro

I feel like this is going to hit a little bit too close to home, I don't want to read.

Jesus fuck.

It's cute and has a positive outlook on aspergers.

>that artsyle and pink/white colour scheme
Her lesbian experience with autism when?

>Aspe-chan’s inner thought: Oh, I can go home?

>“Okay, I’m going home. Bye!”
>“WHAT?!”

Aspe-chan doesn't seem to self diagnose as much as her.

This is adorable. Positive Aspe-chan is cute.

does she like sonic the hedgehog

More proof that the only thing a women has to do is open her leg.
On the other hand
>tfw no autistic gf

>Implying it was real

>>Particularly hard-to-understand words are “a few,” “those,” “over there,” “firmly,” “nicely,” “whatever.”
>>At work: “Take out a few of those.”
>>“I have no idea what this means!”
I can relate to this, people need to specify how much of something they want.

Aspe-chan looks similar to someone I know

/r9k/: the anime

based aspe-chan

My empathy rapidly curdles into bitterness as I remember that women have it easy.

Sperge-kun when?

FUCK

2real4me

>>“If you’re not going to try harder then go home!”
>>Aspe-chan’s inner thought: Oh, I can go home?
>>“Okay, I’m going home. Bye!”
>>“WHAT?!”
Neat.

Cute, i wonder how weaponized can her autism get in manga creation.

Fuck, All the people who pranked me with this shit or similar to this shit when I was very young.

It's not that they are easier, it is just that they accidentally fall into the role god intended for them.

I mean, consider that you have a woman who will do exactly what you tell them to do.

After being diagnosed more than a decade late, I appreciate anything that's spreading awareness about what Asperger's actually entails.

>Cute, i wonder how weaponized can her autism get in manga creation.

looking at this manga, not so much

It's not fair! Girls with Asperger are endearing, guys with Asperger are treated like retards.

You sure?

mean

And here she is without ten pounds of makeup youtu.be/6KG121u8P-U?t=40m30s

honestly not as bad as I was expecting

seems like a pretty cool person

youtube.com/watch?v=vC-py_a9AJ4

Oh, she's cute.
>Tfw no autistic gf

>weaponizing your autism into cosplay
good choice

This is actually a rather enjoyable read. I was expecting a lot more sulking and depression exploration.

Mommyfags when will they learn

I have AS, and in college a professor of mine (upon being told about my AS) related to me a story about a previous student of his with AS.

Girls with AS are more rarely diagnosed than boys (its unclear whether it happens less frequently in girls or if girls typically just hide it better so only extreme cases get diagnosed) but tend to have it bad when do (see previous parenthetical). She was no exception.

In the middle of class, during a lecture, she raised her hand and asked if anyone had a screwdriver. Obviously, this baffled the professor, and he asked why.

Because she needed to sharpen her pencile. This was in a time when no.2 pencils were still the norm, and indeed the classroom had a mechanical pencile sharpener mounted on the wall.

"Why cant you use the pencile sharpener?" The professor asks.

"I can." The student replies, clearly getting frustrated.

"So why do you need a screwdriver?"

"Because," she says in a tone of voice as if stating the obvious. "The pencile sharpener has a loose screw so it wobbles when you use it, which makes a lot of noise. Its distracting."

The teacher, thinking he has found a teachable moment, says "Dont you think you are being distracting right now?"

The girl stops, and thinks, and considers her next response very carefully befire finally saying: "Do you have a screwdriver or dont you?"

The professor says no.

The girl immediatly gets up, walks over to the sharpener, and sharpens her pencile. It is wobbly. It makes a lot of noise.

Ehm, what exactly is stopping you from whoring yourself user?

There's also this book.

I'm not willing to blog on Sup Forums

Nyanko is love

2close2home

>>“If you’re not going to try harder then go home!”
Normalfag(teacher)s and their empty promises...

>Particularly hard-to-understand words are “a few,” “those,” “over there,” “firmly,” “nicely,” “whatever.”
I still remember going in and getting a proper diagnosis. The psychologist kept asking these irritating-ass questions like "do you often feel ____?" and I had to keep asking the bitch to clarify "how often is 'often'?"

So what's the deal? Is Asperger real or its just a fancy name for autism? I don't know what to believe at the end

Lewds of Aspe-chan when?

google it fag

On twitter

Its mild autism which doesnt completely cripple you.

Despite how casually Sup Forums throws the term around, autism usually turns people into full-blown "can't take of themselves" Rainman. People with Aspergers show obvious symptoms of autism, but they're able to be self-sufficient. The question of whether or not it "exists" comes down to whether it should be classified as its own thing or lumped in with normal autism.

It's been classified as lower end of the autism spectrum on the DSM-5.

>Sup Forums - Aspergers & Autism

Thanks for the serious answer. Both

>why are people discussing autism?
>in a thread about autism

>Ambiguous instructions confuse her.

>mfw I've always hated ambiguous instructions to the point of annoying others as well.

... Well I am on Sup Forums, so having assburgers is to be expected I suppose.

Sup Forums is not your blog, retard.

I'm glad that Sup Forums is finally getting a manga about its userbase.

Why is there a Turkish flag?

tumblrshits treating this comic like Martin Luther King of LGBT ruined it for me

it's nice story but let's not pretend these guys would even bother with it if it wasn't "gay"

I love my waifu

>On twitter

I think user means lewds of the 2D Aspe-chan, not of Akagikuro herself.

Good man.

WEAPONIZED

why not both?

>We can focus on completing a project
>We can become super knowledgeable on a certain subject

Some autistics focus on memorizing train timetables, or or building the ultimate pokemon collection. Akagi Kuro focused on turning herself into a quasi-2D cutie through cosplay.

Glorious.

I hate how Aspies are stealing the attention from us true and honest Autists.

OG autism is old and busted.

myanimelist.net/anime/32255/Ashita_Kirarin

Too lazy to google, give me a quick rundown on assburgers

>Tumblrshits
>Going anywhere near "straight" gay relationships and Japanese works
Ether im (thankfully) incredibly out of touch, or the degenerates in question became somewhat tolerable for a brief moment. If they preach and overhype this to be the new "Handmaiden" i would be even be glad for it. Both are okay introspective stories with artistic flavor.

imagine if chris-chan eventually realized in his twenties that sonichu shit is actually embarassing and tries to get a job. also he now attempts to rationally budget rather than buying tons of useless toys. this is aspergers

You might be surprised to hear how in love land whales are with Sailor Moon for all the wrong reasons.

youtube.com/watch?v=O1kBZTBxE1c

I thought that Asperger's syndrome wasn't a thing any more, like they'd just folded it into regular autism.

It's all part of autism spectrum disorders now

>A narcissistic aspie sharing pictures and getting attention
She is going to regret it.

I see, is chris-chan still around?

Usagi is a useless twit who gets everything handed to her because she is the reincarnation of someone not useless. Her only concerns are who is currently a dick for reasons beyond her comprehension, who in her circle has a crush on whom, and eventually getting tuxedo mask in bed. Everything else is solved by magic. I could see college age children projecting on her.

If she protects her identity, she need not.

show me de way

We're waiting on Barb to die or for Chris to get sent to jail for some reason.

I hope she gets bullycided.

I've followed this girl for a bit. She likes to cosplay fg characters like from guilty gear and king of fighters sometimes.

>All of the girls with aspergers I have known have had out of control libido while also being weird enough that it isn't worth it
If you want someone who will spend five hours of the day horny but will only talk about their terrible jojo fanfiction as an outlet, this is for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=hV2OfeXwCWQ

>It even keeps the white and pink color scheme
what a cash grab

I don't. But her attitude is suspicious. I hope is not a case of "I have assburgers" for attention.

At the very least, greentext it, faggot. You know the customs.

Aspe-chan needs a headpat