What was the point of this characters. Bleach acted like he was a main character

What was the point of this characters. Bleach acted like he was a main character.
But he doesn't do anything to effect the story, or grow as a character
He doesn't do much at all really

I like him though and wish kubo had done more with him

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/kiirobon/status/926906165082185728
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm positive that's the only opinion you can have about him.

Just a case of too many characters. The original cast was obviously meant to be bigger than they were but let's face it, Soul Society was just more interesting. I agree though, I liked him ALOT more than Ishida. I almost feel like him starting to side with Hollows and lead an uprising and becoming the new Hollow king or some shit would have made for a much better ending.

>soul society was just more interesting
According to who? Besides fujoshitters

At the last arc I just wished for 1 fight in Soul King realm with Chad going full hollow armour.

According to the mass public. The Captains just made all the gooks lose their panties. The only reason the originals even place on popularity polls is precisely because they are original. Same way Iruka kept placing for awhile I Naruto despite doing nothing ever.

Is bleach the epitome of wasted potential?

Everyone and everything in Bleach is like that.

Yes

It's at least in top3 of wasted potential.

The Shinigami just became too popular, and the human cast beside Ichigo/Uryu/Orihime were basically forgotten about it by fans. Look at the popularity polls, and see how low Chad is compared to those three; the fourth one back during the HM arc was the last one

>3. Ichigo Kurosaki - 7829
>5. Uryū Ishida - 4710
>8. Orihime Inoue - 3975
>18. Yasutora Sado - 2477

The first three were able to make it in the top 10, while Chad is close to 20th place.

I don't know, Mx0, I am a Hero, and Naurto all crashed pretty hard.

yes.

*Naruto

this. you really need to look past number 1 and number 2 popularity poll spots to see what direction the anime is going in

>The Captains just made all the gooks
You mean nips?

I just recently marathoned Bleach from 1-265. Chad's purpose is to be the Chad

>But he doesn't do anything to effect the story, or grow as a character

Karakura Town and Soul Society both do a lot to establish his character and his relationship with Ichigo, although most people have no problem with this part of Bleach but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Hueco Mundo - Chad doesn't play a huge part here besides as a part of the Nakama gang, he grows significantly in strength (near-Captian level) but this is also where he reaches the limits of his power.

Xcution arc - probably the most overlooked arc in terms of Chad as a character but everyone forgets that while literally every other character was ignoring Ichigo's feelings, Chad was the only one who flat out told him that he's being a little bitch over losing his powers and actively helps him in getting them back. This is also where we find out that Chad essentially capped out his Fullbring, but even so he continues to train his body.

Blood War - this arc was more about the Shinigami themselves with some Ichigo development worked in, so Chad doesn't really shine. However he's still very much present in the arc, playing a support role when they invade the Royal Palace (notable because his muscle wizard status saves half his team from permadeath due to fall damage). Sure he doesn't get a Sternritter fight but considering he capped out just below Captain tier, and no Sternritter was shown to be weaker than Captain tier, this was entirely consistent with the narrative.

Finale - for some reason people think him becoming a boxer is some sort of character derailment, which is essentially just shitposting.

He was the token black guy.

Wow.... so progressive.

Seems that early on Kubo thought of giving focus to Ichigo’s classmates. A thought, but no real plans
But then SS happened and the newly introduced captains are instant hits, so he focus on them and the rest is history

moral of the story: Plan ahead

And Fairy tail is the epitome of wasted semen demons

It's almost like the author is an extremely poor writer who just made up the story as he went along or something

I was disappointed with I am a Hero's ending, the mangaka was going into some really interesting themes and it just fizzled up. Tbf I was kinda expecting it since his other works end in pretty anticlimactic ways.

>Saint Seiya was a HUGE success in Mexico
>Kubo wants the mexican audience
>Make mexican characters speaking in spanish.

That's because Chad not really that interesting in reality. Think about it:

>Pre Reaper Arc established all the major problems that Ichigo would have to deal with throughout the series. That's the point of Bleach.

>Soul Society Arc is 12 volumes and is considered the best arc of the series. Soul Reapers get top billing

>Arrancar Arc and Fake Karakura Town War are 12 volumes and 16 volumes retrospectively. They featured with Arrancars which got popular as all fuck to a point where they lasted longer than Kubo even anticipated

>1000 Year Blood War lasts for 20 volumes. The Quincy had a very integrated roll in the storyline that kept Bleach around even longer because of the interest the people reading the series had

>Then we come to Fullbring where Fullbringers and Chad are shown off. It's only 6 volumes and it's considered the worst arc in the series.

Bleach didn't have wasted potential given how Soul Reapers, Arrancars and Quincy were greatly featured. It's just that Human based powers like Fullbring and many characters with said power like Chad were never looked upon by fans as interesting whatsoever.

Is it that bad that he planned loosely and adapted though? He had multiple sets of characters he could use and built the ones that people liked/worked with how the story was building.

Kubo is just into jamming foreign languages and themes into it, he does it with every faction.

No he liked different cultures:

>Soul Society is Feudal Era Japan

>Hueco Mundo is Mexico with very Spanish integrated terminology

>Quincies are the Bleach Jews who are integrated with German culture

>Fullbring is just kind of English slighly

Its a shame the japanese fanbase hated the fullbring arc so much, it was just about to get interesting before the rushed captain appearances to end it.

The Fullbring Arc got WAY TOO CLOSE to Chapter Black and that's when they didn't care. There are certain aspects, but it's ultimatly the whole "We've seen this shit before in Yu Yu Hakusho".

>Tsukashima and his Book of End
>Riruka as a character
>the more settled down tone

Those are about as much praise I can give when you look at Fullbring as a whole.

>He had multiple sets of characters he could use and built the ones that people liked/worked with how the story was building.

Then the story built to nowhere halfway through Hueco Mundo and just became a series of fights until Ichigo beats the final boss. Of course, Kubo's solution is to keep dumping new characters when everyone finally wised up to his bullshit.

Is Yoruichi black?

No he planned on the Quincy and the final endgame about how the Soul Reapers and Quincy were going to fight. He also planned on Isshin's backstory and fully stated that he would draw it. Look back on Pre Reaper to Mid Soul Society and you see what Kubo was going for.

The Fake Karakura Town War was just to wrap up the Arrancar problem and defeat Aizen who was a happy little accident.

So he did know where he was going, it's just that he got side tracked due to the popularity of the Arrancars and Aizen's happy little accident.

Here is another picture too

Fairy tail is not even good waifu bait, it just rushes into you removing your pants

I was purely talking about how much he used/didn't use side characters

I've already pointed it out here Chad is the result of fans of the series not really caring about the Humans with the powers (see fullbring arc). The Soul Reapers got top billing, the Arrancars got popular as all fuck and the Quincy kept the series relevant and integral.

Kubo was good at character design and fashion and that's about all. The wasted potential was not having a better editor to filter all his stuff through once the Rescue arc ended.

No, the editors were more of a major problem. Kubo pointed out they are the ones who kept the Arrancar around longer than he anticipated. They are the ones who wanted to milk the series instead of allowing Kubo to focus on the Espada.

That's why he kicked them out in the 1000 Year Blood War and wrote a better war arc there.

This. No one got any fleshing out. Not even the MC. Actually maybe ulquiorra did

literally nothing. There was no point of any of the manga it was perhaps on of the worst shonen jump mangas of all time. It had literally the most rushed, hamfisted, shit-tier ending ever. The only good thing that came out of the end is my ship won.

No, she is best girl

Pretty sure at the beginning he was supposed to be someone who could understand Ichigo that was also a guy so that he wouldn't seem totally alone but then the stakes just got higher and higher that Chad couldn't really ever keep up no matter how many powerups they gave him.

What was weird was how he was the token jobber of the crew, yet he wasn't particularly strong or anything

>Worst Shonen Manga ever
>many other manga are far worse
>Naruto still exists

>Most rushed, hamfisted shit-tier ending
>ignoring the fact that the editors rushed the final battle
>They only did it because they weren't going to get to milk the series more.

In terms of manga, I consider Reborn to be #1 but Bleach would absolutely be in the top 5

Bleach is far worse than Naruto

Honestly I don't understand why they made so many side characters into main characters for the soul society arc. Always felt like they jumped the gun by going there so early.

Yeah, nah, Naruto has serious problems but it's structurally sound as a story. Bleach is not

Except the Quincy arc became the biggest mess of an arc in the entire series and its pretty clear at that point no one cared anymore and Bleach got rightfully canned. You can say Kubo had plans for how he wanted the story to go but it's pretty obvious he did a horrible job executing what he wanted and the whole manga suffered as a result.

I think the story would of been better off going back to the slice of life/monster of the week with Ichigo and his friends with the Captains being special guests of the week in each of these small arcs

His point was literally to job. He won literally 1 fight in the entire series, and that was against a fodder arrancar nobody cared about, and only served to show up his new powerup going into the Hueco Mundo arc.

>Naruto had a structurally sound story

Okay, then explain the following

1. Sasuke surviving the Deidara nuclear explosion despite not doing anything in the comic panels. The explanation he gives about summoning and reverse summoning would have to take at least 5-6 seconds instead of milliseconds like the images showed.

2. Itachi saying the Mangekyo Sharingan has one last Jutsu that can only be awakened when you replace your Sharingan eyes with another pair, only to have him pull out the Suusan'o when he hasn't replaced his eyes.

3. Sage of Six Paths Lore and all of Pain being retconned, having Rinnegan eyes which are actually Madara's, being the leader of the Akatsuki when Obito is (even the one who created it) and his entire plan being nothing like the Moon's eye plan. He's basically a filler villain turned canon.

4. Rinnegan being a unique eye power when in fact it's just Mitichlorian Sharingan eyes.

5. Rinne Tensei, the so called 'seventh path' and it deus ex machina of Pain bringing everybody back to life.

6. The idea that someone can't have more than one Gekki Kenkai when people keep interjecting 1st Hokage DNA into themselves to gain the power of both the Uchiha and Senju. Plus Sharingan can't copy blood trait jutsu too.

7. Kushina being the Nine Tailed Fox's previous host when Jiraiya never once mentioned it when he was talking to the Frog scroll about the connection between 9 Tailed Fox and it might not be an accident.

8. Orochimaru being horcruxed back to life despite Kabuto knowing NOTHING about this. Seriously, why wouldn't Orochimaru have told Kabuto about this magical BS way to bring him back? HE'S HIS MOST LOYAL SERVANT!

9. Reaper Death Seal mask being a thing and Orochimaru finding it in less than 5 minutes. Why didn't he do this earlier instead of going after Tsunade in part 1 if he knew about this mask the entire time?

(continued in next one)

10. Gaara's backstory got retconned so that the father and uncle was trying to kill him out of 'love'. Which that makes things much worse.

11. Uchiha Clan is genetically evil due to chemicals released into their brains which cause them to become emotionally unstable and mentally imbalanced.

12. Kabuto giving Obito the Edo Tensei contribution, Obito saying he had no idea about something like this would happen, then proceeding to make the majority of his plan the ninja zombies. Hell, he used the Edo Tensei versions of Tailed beast hosts 2-7 has his makeshift Sage of 6 Paths.

13. Kaguya. Do I need to explain WHY she's a retcon? Or does 'replace Madara Uchiha because he's invincible as stated by Kishimoto' not work?

For a "Structurally sound storyline" the manga SURE LOVES TO RETCON ALOT, HUH?

>Biggest mess of the arc
If that was true, then the manga would have died well before 20 volumes. It wouldn't have lasted even 10 volumes. Look at Fullbring as an example of them killing off an arc to get it over with.

Bleach got rushed in the final battle as Shueshia wasn't going to get any more money from it. If Kubo did a shitty sequel series in the vein of Boruto, then the Editors would have said "Okay, you can have that final battle in a proper manner".

Except if he did a horrible job, the above statement about certain arcs would have died years ago. You are just pissed that it wasn't some kind of slice of life storyline and went differently. That's not good critical thinking dude.

He's Mexican though

All valid copypasta points but Bleach is still worse.

Naruto part 1 had a structurally sound story for near 200 episodes. Bleach fell apart after the first arc.

I know the stories about the editors and Kubo has repeatedly hinted or flat out mentioned this but ... can you prove with a link this was the case with the final arc
>That's why he kicked them out in the 1000 Year Blood War and wrote a better war arc there.
The arc was good but the lack of background tho

Those are many arcs in part 2 though. I haven't even listed the Tenchi Bridge arc as the first legit bad arc of the series because nothing happens. They keep pushing the goal post away till the characters can't reach it

>We have to capture Kabuto!
>Kabuto gets away
>We can now kill Orochimaru!
>Orochimaru gets away
>We have to stop Danzo's plan!
>Danzo gets away and later becomes Hokage
>....We have to get Sasuke back?
>Sasuke disappears for evades the characters for volumes until the VERY END OF THE SERIES

Bleach was better put together

He stated in the radio interview that while he was getting sick and at times felt like just ending the series, Kubo pushed onwards because he wanted to get the story fully finished. He pointed out that he did get to the ending, however he has said he doesn't have quite the best relationship with his editors as he doesn't quite remember anything after his first editor and would even get into yelling fights about what they wanted.

twitter.com/kiirobon/status/926906165082185728

Again, you are ignoring the Soul Society arc and the Arranvcar arc. The first legit bad arc of the series was the Fake Karakura Town War.

Plus you are ignoring that part 1 of Naruto was 5 volumes long while part 2 was 8 volumes long. many of the problems in Naruto come from the bigger part of Naruto.

Didn't the anime end because of the fullbring arc?

It ended because of all the shitty filler arcs. It was confirmed that not only Kubo hated what the anime was doing and asked for scripts to be rewritten by him, but the filler arcs were confirmed to cause the decline in viewership.

It happened int 2006 with Bount, 2008 in Princess, late 2009-2010 with Zanpakutou and the end of 2011 with Regai.

Fullbring was just the first filler esque arc in the series, but all the filler arcs before hand killed Bleach's anime big time.

He was basically a leftover from when Kubo thought that Bleach would feature the human characters/society more.

He threw that out the window early on and went full Soul Society and could never really find any role for him

So this is why we don't have a legitimate Bleach anime yet, right? Kubo just doesn't want the same shit to happen again

If it were to happen, Kubo would be watching it like a fucking hawk because he doesn't want the same shit pulled. He said he read the scripts so many times it made his stomach hurt with how much the anime team kept letting things fly even if it contradicted his own source material. His name was on the product and thus the changes were too sadly.

thanks for the link user, lets hope his new series is legit and does not get the axe

>Bleach got rushed in the final battle as Shueshia wasn't going to get any more money from it.

And Shueshia wasn't making any money anymore because readers didn't care about Bleach enough to keep that zombie alive. That's not critical thinking, that's common sense.

>Literal chad

>Soul Society was just more interesting.
Uhhh...fuck no.
Gotei 13 was cliche as hell and boring as fuck. Ruined the series completely.

>Ulqiorra
What was even his character?
I don't remember.

>he planned on the Quincy and the final endgame

Those aren't mutually exclusive, ya know

Most people agree Naruto went downhill after Chuunin Exams. Personally I think it went donwhill after chapter 1.

I wish Bleach never went to Soul Society and the entire series would be like the first episodes. Just stupid, fun monster of the week nonsense.

It would have been cancelled after five volumes, Japan only ever liked Bleach for the Shinigami.

Its battle shonen. The captains are popular because they had way more fights.

Damn shame. It was really fun at the beginning.

A joke for us to laugh at how pathetic he is.

Same thing can be said to the entire main cast, (especially ichigo during the last arc).

He would be broken in Shaman King with the soul of El Abuelo Blanco

No that's World's End Harem.
It's not even a fucking harem series, it's a god damn anti-government anti-procreation melodrama trying to make sex look bad by morally corrupting the characters who have it and putting the MC on a podium and proclaiming him as savior of the world despite doing NOTHING and I mean NOTHING.
Bleach as a whole is a god damn Timeless Classic in comparison.

That sounds hilarious. Especially considering japans birthrate.

Then its not wasted potential.
It's just wasted

It's almost like the mangaka is a whiny self entitled and indulgent child and Shinzo Abe is the devil to him/her (we're still not 100% sure).
Also 30 some chapters about 'reproduce please' there has not been a single pregnant stomach.
It's disgusting and everyone should hate it.

The first couple of chapters are super misleading through.
It sets up what should a pregnancy fetish harem.
Instead we got what I explained.

It was really fun at the end too

Wish this chart finished. Sup Forums reactions made the final part even better.

>Chad leading the mexicans to take down white man
sounds rad.
When you think about it the whole Aizen plot could've worked just as well if they used Chad instead.

>Chad's screentime was killed by the racists
Why are the japanese so egocentric?
give spics some sympathy

pajeet.

so by default worst girl.

>Ulquiorrafags actually believe this
please kill yourselves

I could say the same thing about half of the strawhats, all of rookie 9, and all of Toriko's friends. At least he won most of his fights you damn bastard.

>If that was true, then the manga would have died well before 20 volumes

Casuals have shit taste, new@11

As long as your manga has some slight;u above average looking art and flashy ass fight they will eat whatever you shit out. See nurutu, Black Clover, Fairy Tail

>Bleach got rushed
>Has 5 years to plan out your ending
>Still shit the bed with the whole 2DEEP4U and CLIFFHANGERXDDD ending like usual
>Got rushed

Here is hoping that nigga never got serialized again

>And Shueshia wasn't making any money anymore because readers didn't care about Bleach enough to keep that zombie alive
it sold more than over half the magazine put together though.

Well, yeah. Ichigo was supposed to be the all rounded / high potential fighter, Uryu the technique ranger, Hime the healer and Chad the tank / hard hitter

Somewhere along the way Ichigo just took over that position and there really isnt anything else for Chad to do

>and all of Toriko's friends.
hey now the only one who got the shaft was Sani

reflects modern rpgs.
being a tank just aint practical no more.

same with being a gimmick fighter like Uryuu but atleast that still has a niche.

>Win all of his fights against literally who and minion tier characters
>Lose as soon as anyone semi relevant show up

That isnt winning

>i-it doesn't count!
everytime

You must be mentally ill as fuck so I won't insult you too badly but what in your depraved, rotten, and diseased mind makes you think Bleach will ever be as shitty as this moment?

Nardo Shitpoodamn was the start of his downhill travesty and actually you think anything is worst than Kishimoto's disgusting bullshit? You must retarded, crazy or both.

>Aizen is locked up for all eternity
>Ginjou is murdered in cold blood by a person he wanted to be friends with
>Yhwach is meant to suffer for all eternity just for trying to save his father
I like how bleach is one of the few battle manga where the bad guys are shown no mercy or sympathy even if their motives can be considered much better than whatever the good guys are trying to do.