How can someone who's thousands (millions?) of years old be so fucking dumb?

Surely at some point in your eternal life you would start to pick up basic intelligence just through interactions with others, right?

I feel like I'm getting dumber with each year so it makes sense

>Discord

Who are you quoting?

It's a fictional character. She was designed to be dumb. She isn't thousands of years old because she never existed outside of episode appearances that were given to her by anime creators.

It makes sense. With her powers she doesn’t need wits and nobody ever pushed her to improve herself beyond her initial level of intelligence. Why would she be smart?

From her perspective only around 17 years have passed in heaven
And she's surprisingly knowledgeable about some things, despite not having the intelligence to really utilize it.

>With her powers she doesn’t need wits
Except we see that her powers are virtually worthless except for purifying water, reviving people killed through her own incompitence, or entertaining party guests.

That's called dementia, user.

That’s after she was forced to accompany Kazuma into the Game world. Before that she was a God and as far as I can tell she had every need tended to.

And yet despite all that time in heaven she never once sought out to learn any practical skill.

Why the fuck would she? She spent her entire time reading manga and pissing people off.

Nah, it's the opposite. She's an immortal being who lives in heaven, what possible use would she have for brains? All her needs are met without her having to do anything. Of course she would be a retard. You lose what you don't use.

I don't know, learn another language? Work on her abysmal social skills? Study any subject from one of the worlds she ferries souls from?

>learn another language
How'd that work out for Sup Forums?

>Work on her abysmal social skills
Kazuma’s the only one she acts like that to, most of the townspeople are fond of her

Well obviously she should've studied heaven-law a bit more so she didn't get monkey's pawed into JRPG world by a vengeful 15 year old dead faggot who used his one, stipulation free, wish that she gave him. An asterisk on whatever wish contract she has to fill out prior to shipping soul down the line could have saved her a whole lot of trouble.

is she really immortal? don't think god killing has come up besides the ones that have lost all their followers or get exploded into their other halves.

He didn't ask what, he asked WHY. Why would she learn anything ever?

Think about it. Really think. You are an immortal being in a place where you have absolutely no problems or worries whatsoever. All your needs are met without you having to lift a finger. Why would you learn things? People learn things to get through their lives. But if that is not a concern, why?

She doesn't know anything because she hasn't ever had to know anything in her entire immortal existence.

I assumed it's a "human belief creates and sustains you" type deal, so they're "immortal" in the sense that they'll live for as long as people believe in them.

This.

I thought it was something to do with a different flow of time. I thought she wasn't meant to be that much older than Kazuma.

The information goes in and just leaks out

Self fulfilment? Maybe to give you followers another aspect about you to worship?

Yeah because Kazuma acts like her fucking guardian and fixes all her problems for her.

Quit drinking so much, user.

What would children between her and Kazuma be like?

They'd either remain absolute retards for life or become hardened and bitter survivalists as a result of their incompetence and neglect.

Daughter has high int and low luck
Son has the opposite
Together they defeat the demon king

Aqua-sama is perfection.

They'll be raised by Aunt Megumin and Aunt Darkness.

Taken away by child services.

If uselessness is perfection then sure

Do we ever actually get to know her age? She could've been a goddess for a decade for all we know

I don't know if you got the memo, but this is a comedy.

They experience time differently than mortals, maybe?

SOMEONE GET THIS HOTHEAD OUT OF HERE

Can only be as smart as the person who wrote them.

>revive people
>worthless

>get people killed because you're stupid
>revive then
Wow, a push.

Are you actually arguing about the usefulness of bringing dead people back to life? C'mon user, there are lots of shit you can criticize about aqua, being worthless is not one of them

aqua would really be overpowered if she had even an ounce of common sense.

Brining the dead back to life stops being useful when they keep getting killed through your actions. At best it's a push, at worst it's a net loss.

Not really. Her powers are still pretty useless against everything but undead enemies. The revive skill could be useful but again, she mainly ends up using it on people who die due to her antics, so it's usefulness is counteracted by it's necessity.

Why are you only focusing on her ability to revive? She can heal people who aren't dead too. Do people actually _read this shit?

>reading
>falling for the printed Jew
But seriously, I heard the tone of the LNs was different from the anime so I just never picked it up. Should I?

>tfw aqua-sama will never be real
you make me sad

Hey, you never know, she might be real. You could always try killing yourself and seeing where you end up.

As long as you can protect her you are literally invincible, it is the most powerful skill you can get, virtual inmunity against most things, not having her would be foolishness, and far from useless

Her own stupidity will probably result in both of your deaths though.

You should try killing yourself to see if your family would even care. Hey, you never know, they might even shed a single tear at your funeral. If they even show up.

You are without her in your party and you die, what do you do?

Or turning undead, or destroying mythic magical barriers, or buffing with super strength, etc etc

dumb, lucky demigods

Bang Eris then reincarnated as a wee bab to a rich family in the normal world.

what did she do to make you this anti-aqua?
you're probably an erisfag

Her reviving you even once without her causing the death is a permanent net gain
In Kazuma’s case this was when he got kobolded

That sounds horrifying.

Overachieving students who beat the odds and, as soon as they hear about teacher-parent conference, will get this symbol on their forehead.

I am sorry for you

She didn't do anything, that's the problem. She's just a pretty, dumb, water queen who gets carried by her friends.

she literally revives the dead and heals the wounded. don't you remember when she revived the townspeople when they were killed by the dullahan?

>Carring a healer
News at 11

also when he got antlioned

Anime exaggerates a lot of things for laughs, and changed various scenes. For example, Yunyun. She didn't touch a magic ball and embarrass herself with Megumin. Instead, Megumin ignores all of her pleas for a duel, and she's forced to wander through a random town festival all alone. Kazuma accompanies her on a date, which is very important for a season 3. This causes Yunyun to develop a crush on Kazuma, and if season 3 were to start, it would open up with her declaring she wants to have his child, and birth a son that would slay the demonlord. Another change is the infamous dicklet scene. Aqua was more annoyed she had to listen to Kazuma's whining and called him a pervert over it, rather than smiling smugly at his cold, tiny child penis.

>>reading
>>falling for the printed Jew
>He doesn't read his light novels for free
He didn't get to read Konosuba before it was DMCA'd to extinction
Sad.

>But seriously, I heard the tone of the LNs was different from the anime so I just never picked it up
It's almost always better to read the source material.

>romantic confessions

It's not supposed to be a romantic confession, because Kazuma immediately says yes and is down to fuck until she mentions wanting a son. Kazuma immediately tries to argue he wants a cute daughter and won't bend on this. No confessions go anyway, it just creates tension until Kazuma realizes no girls in the party will let him fuck, except Darkness, but because Darkness is Darkness, she's no good.

if we have [smart][lucky][dumb][unlucky]
then:
[smart][lucky] ---> Kazuma's clone
[smart][unlucky] ---> Touma?
[dumb][lucky] ---> Cirno
[dumb][unlucky] ---> Aqua's clone

it really fun regardless of that. knowing scumzuma though, and from the WN ending, he'll probably sink himself trying to get the harem ending.

Why, exactly, isn't darkness good again? She's essentially a dom who wants to sub. Who doesnt want that?

Why is Kazuma so fucking scummy?

Because Kazuma is a faggot who isn't confident he can dick her hard enough to mind break. He's scared she'll just NTR him for the first goblin dick she sees.

Meanwhile, he's 100% guaranteed to use Megumin as an onahole at least once every single day.

Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb

How is wanting a daughter scummy?

Megumin beat her to the punch.

What's wrong with bringing daddy, then? Afraid he's going to steal senseis pantsu?

I just can't get over how much of a fucking faggot he is. 15 year old me would have literally cut off one of my balls for the chance to have a 6 foot tall ripped titty monster GF who literally wants nothing more in the world than for you to fuck her hard and fast until she faints. Are we sure Kazuma actually HAS a dick and it's not, like, a big clitoris or something? Because he pretty much fails at being male.

fuck off
i was merely pretending to be retarded

He pretty much rejected Darkness for another girl. What's so beta about this?

>break spell
>buffs
>AQUA BEAM
>summon flood
These are all situationally great things to have.

1. It’s not an ero novel.
2. He just liked another girl in the end.

Getting really triggered.

Dude we live in an age where the entire collective knowledge, history, sciences, art and philosophies of the world are literally nanoseconds away from your screen yet every day I see the dumbest motherfuckers post stupid shit on the socials

The fact he rejected best girl for what might as well be a dakimura.

Isn't that like, completely subjective? Stop pushing your virgin values on Kazuma, jeez.

>liking an objectively inferior girl
And the wrongdoings just keep piling up.

>liking an objectively fat girl

It's a canonical fact that Megumin would be a dead fish in bed. Absolutely nothing subjective about that.

You just need to make it a competition against Yunyun somehow.

>kinda fat
>socially awkward
>gets rejected by her crush for the fictional equivalent of a stacy
Would Darkness browse tumblr if she were real?

ROCK
HARD
ABS

>Artificial facts

Yeah, don’t know why you started this tirade other than “muh Darkness”.

Imagine trying to harapan her and breaking your entire arm from the shoulder.

>if she were real
>rich and gorgeous girl who is secretly a hardcore masochist, and is therefore socially awkward and has trouble making friends
she could never exist in the real world. Like so many other anime characters, her combination of physical and character traits make her totally unrealistic as in actual human being in the real world.

>rich girl with a weird fetish finds solace on a site with weird people
I don't know, seems plausible to me.

he rejected her sure, but still directed her when she was forcing her inexperienced self on him

I don't know if I could ever love Aqua. She really doesn't seem like she'd be a good girlfriend or wife.

idk, I'm pretty young and I basically just sit in my room in day, so maybe I don't have enough experience. But I find that a lot of the time with anime characters, they just seem completely unrealistic. Like, a pretty girl actually being shy and secretly a nerd or something. When I compare them in my head to girls at my school, it just seems totally ridiculous, if you know what I mean.

really? just knowing that i had a literal goddess as a gf would be enough for me.

reminder that aquafags are the worst people

Sure, many characters are but Darkness isn't too unrealistic. If you tone down her masochism from wanting to be turned into a meat toilet by demons to wanting to be turned into a meat toilet by humans, she'd be pretty realistic.