Be honest. Why do you hate Shinji Ikari?

Be honest. Why do you hate Shinji Ikari?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FckkZihQUaU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because he's just like me. Intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humour.

I dont. I sympathize with him

Because I want Asuka as the MC.

Because he's the embodiment of how a main character shouldn't be

I don't, I love him.

Because he should have fucked Kaworu for real.

Because he's everything I hate about myself.

Because the little faggot got to live with Asuka.

This.
>not fucking humanity up and living out the rest of eternity with this angel, no homo

Because he's just Anno's insecurities and I wish Eva was more than just his therapy.

Are you sure you want Rebuild of Evangelion over the original?

But I love him.

always thought of him as a little bitch, couldn't find anyway to sympathize with him

I never understood the whole “he is contanstly crying, he is a pussy” thing, like, that helps give humanity to him, I definitely don’t want to see a shinji that acts like kamina

Nearly everything that drew people to EVA had little to do with Anno user.
The only things he had a direct hand in were shinji, the fag angel, and the hateful, redhead bitch.

For me it wasn't the crying, it was the constant crying that got annoying. But to be fair if I were thrust into Shinji's situation at his age, I probably would've been just as big of a bitch if not worse

>if I were thrust into Shinji's situation at his age, I probably would've been just as big of a bitch if not worse
Same. Bur definitely a bigger bitch
My dad wasn't able to convince me to get into a hot air balloon at 13 let alone a giant robot.

Because he changed all male mains into pathetic.

I also grew up without a father.
>inb4 nigger

I dont, given his circumstances I think he handled most things as sanely as he could.

I like him in the manga at least, the anime version acts like a little bitch.

His emotions being all over the place at the outset was understandable, but he mellowed out for a while. Everything after Leliel though was roller coaster to hell. The whole nearly dying alone in a void would have fucked me up something fierce, never mind my buddy almost dying[ spoiler]or actually dying in the manga[/spoiler] while sitting at the wheel, having a team member mind raped and another killed only to have to kill ANOTHER team mate. Those last few months had to be torture.

Because くやしい

I hate him because he reminds me of myself and I hate myself.

What personality type is Shinji? I think he's an INFP.

I wish I was a cool as Shinji-kun.

I don't. He was actually a pretty compelling character for the first half of the series. Then Anno ran out of money and made an ending that was so juvenile, swallow, patronizing, and self congratulating that I still don't see why the series is held in such esteem.

Because I see my middle and high school age self in him and I hate that side of me.

because he's a total bitch

As over the top as this is, this proves the point that Shinji is not the flaw of this show. I understand that Shinji's not an attractive protagonist when he's introduced and I understand if someone dropped the show because he was whiny, It's a shame because Shinji's probably the strongest and most interesting part of the series.

What throws me for a loop is that this show as a whole is so highly lauded when the last half was pulled out of Anno's ass. Since then, he's been stringing along the fan base that he loathes so much.

I heard that someone was talkin shit about Shinji

Still whining even piloting a robot. A fucking robot.

>What throws me for a loop is that this show as a whole is so highly lauded
It's not. On any anime listing this show gets ranked very low, where it does good is in sales which is understandable because of the waifufags which the show attracted.

Only one and a half waifu's in the show.
Rei who's a soulless clone...who is beloved by the japanese. And Misato a shameless slut who used shinji, who is loved by westerners.
Asuka is mostly brought up by creepy bitches and queens who project onto her way too much.

Fuck you you fucking idiot, your fictional life was a thousand times better than mine even without the giant robots and waifutrash.

Also I never jerked off to Asuka you fucking faggot.

If only someone as bad ass as Yagami Kazuma was the protagonist of Eva. He would troll the shit out of Asuka, fuck Misato better than Kaji could and defeat SEELE and the Angels.

I am

Yes that's why glad you understand, I see you in every thread whining about the stupid ending.

Lol shut up cancer

Only betas hate Shinji.

>s-shut up!!
Shinji pls

cause he is Sup Forums

>generic anime mc character can beat your character!!
Why don't we just Goku or Superman instead, I bet they would be better than whoever that was supposed to be.

please Sup Forums has never kissed anyone or piloted an eva.

>implying Shinji isn't generic as fuck

Did I say he wasn't?

>gets to pilot eva
>lives with semen demons
>treated like a rockstar
>cries because daddy doesn't hug him
>knows he's humanity last hope but instead runs off when earth needs him to man up

I piloted an eva

Dreams don't count.

So what's the big deal what I posted then? Just seeing Asuka get owned with style would be worth showing.

>>gets to pilot eva
Forced to sit in an semisentient monster and nearly die

>>lives with semen demons
An used up slut that's manipulating my emotions and the world biggest sandiest dryest nuttiest cunt.

>>treated like a rockstar
By fucking who? He's treated like an expendable piece of trash by most with Misato at least pretending to give a damn.
Which makes no fucking sense.

>>cries because daddy doesn't hug him
He actually cries because he's a child soldier and everyone treats him like shit.

>>knows he's humanity last hope but instead runs off when earth needs him to man up
He's horribly depressed and has no reason whatsoever to fight for the life of the world or even his own.
I don't know why he didn't hang himself.

Cause there would be much better characters for that?

>I don't know why he didn't hang himself.
you just said it. he should've killed himself if he was too depressed to care about anything.

what anime is this?

Why is Shinji so sexual?

>sleeping on a bed is sexual

He has a really cute ass.

He's a trap just like Luka Urushibara and Totsuka Saika. He needed to be persuaded by the alpha Kaworu into becoming a girl (male) and avoid that thot Asuka.

They're just mad Shinji isn't this: youtube.com/watch?v=FckkZihQUaU

That's just the plugsuit.

Who was that Shinji based upon?

My ass wouldn't look like that in a plugsuit.
Just look at these womenly hips.

Cause you wouldn't fit in one, any one who could would look like that

It's almost like there's another anime just for that.

>Because he's just like me

Trying to make history.

Shinji has a father you idiot. It's his mother that's dead.

>the world biggest sandiest dryest nuttiest cunt.
Now that's hot.

That's not a father, that's just a stranger.

I don't. Only insecure faggots do that.

>Forced to sit in an semisentient monster and nearly die
the eva is the safest place on earth

>An used up slut that's manipulating my emotions and the world biggest sandiest dryest nuttiest cunt
You have to love me 100% like real women ...

>By fucking who? He's treated like an expendable piece of trash by most with Misato at least pretending to give a damn.
Which makes no fucking sense.
misato allowed her to live with her so she will not stay on the street

>He actually cries because he's a child soldier and everyone treats him like shit.
his father literally put him in the ava so he could fulfill his wish

>He's horribly depressed and has no reason whatsoever to fight for the life of the world or even his own.
I don't know why he didn't hang himself.
he just wants attention and not piloting the eva he got it

He’s the opposite of Madoka Kaname

Because I can't fuck Shinji.

I used to hate him when I was a teenager because of a strong bias against characters like that. Rewatching it recently I really felt for him and can safely say he’s one of the most fleshed out and engaging characters in the medium. I can’t really take any adult that shits on him seriously.

If anime thought me anything, you can fuck anyone and anything.
He's annoying once in a while sure, but the ones that constantly shit on him are those people who pretend to be tough and post chad memes all day.

Remember they're like Asuka in that way(pretending to be tough while hating Shinji because he reminds them of their inner selves)

Whenever I get closer to him we just get hurt, so it's better to stay away.

>I don't know why he didn't hang himself.
He musn't run away

Turn A Gundam

Er, why would I turn a gundam? How does that help me?

I'm an INFP and watching Shinji was like looking in a mirror.

How the fuck do you get close to an anime character? LSD? Sleep deprivation? Lucid dreaming? Maybe all of the above combined with a kick in the eye?

Same. He’s definitely INFP.

He's talking about their shared avoidant personality disorder. Hedgehogs.

And here I was, convinced user was going crazy. Guess you can't lose what you don't have.

>Forced to sit in an semisentient monster and nearly die
That's a real man's dream to fight in a fucking sentient robot. Way better than working at a dead end job in a boring wasteland.

>An used up slut that's manipulating my emotions
There's a mouth and an asshole since you're so picky and there's a thing called reverse psychology, make her the sex slave instead.
>the world biggest sandiest dryest nuttiest cunt
She's not dry dude, she's perfection in a plugsuit. If you're gay then that's your life but I'd enjoy fucking and toying with someone who would be amazing in being bent over a table.

>He's treated like an expendable piece of trash by most with Misato at least pretending to give a damn
He's living the goddamn life that anyone who isn't a bitch would want. That's a rockstar if I've ever seen one.

>He actually cries because he's a child soldier and everyone treats him like shit
It's like he's a pussy ass bitch who can't adapt to any situation or grow a backbone perchance. Also Misato's tits are right there for him to cry into.

>I don't know why he didn't hang himself
Is this projection I'm reading? His life is amazing in the hands of an alpha male while it's shit for a beta faggot such as himself.

Basically it's 100% his own fault why his life is booty cheeks because he allows all of his retarded insecurities to somehow warp the possession of having bad bitches and fighting robots into being problems. Fuck Shinji and Shinjifags for being bitch ass niggas for no reason.

I love him

>this entire post

Ich weine um die Menschheit.
我为人类而哭泣.
אני בוכה לאנושות
Estoy llorando por la humanidad.
أنا أبكي للبشرية
я плачу за человечество.
मैं मानवता के लिए रो रहा हूँ
Sto piangendo per l'umanità.
Ek huil vir die mensdom.
Je pleure pour l'humanité.

No, I don't, why did you ask?

I don't hate him. I enjoy watching him suffer.

I had no idea they had wifi in tang, Asuka.

>Tfw held off from watching this for like 15 years and finally started checking it out yesterday
lmao'ing at how many times he fucks up
>Third episode
>Shinji: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I fucking died.
>That cringy fucking dance-fighting bit
jfc...

Now at episode 22. Does this fucking show get any better? It's mostly been filler, but at least it's been actiony filler...

>Why do you hate Shinji Ikari?
Boring and beta as fuck.

First time visiting Sup Forums btw HEH

(you)