Sora Yori Mo / A Place Further than the Universe

>Yuzuki Shiraishi, a 1st year high school student who is one grade below Kimari. Yuzuki lives in Hokkaido. At her mother's urging, Yuzuki has been a child actor since she was little. As a result of frequently appearing in media and working from a young age, Yuzuki is more cynical and mature than her age would indicate. Although outwardly polite, inwardly Yuzuki is deeply unhappy and filled with complaints.
Mugi Alter soon

Hows this show?

Great so far. Almost feels like a movie at times. The drama is handled well without being overbearing. Girls are cute and funny. Animation is consistently good.

This girl's cute.

Best girl screencap this thread.

Unironically AOTS

>Mugi Alter

Does she also swing like Mugi?

I'm surprised this series ended up so popular in a season with so many heavy hitters lined up.

Competition is fierce.

Being the very first thing to air probably helped it a lot in that regard. I wonder how many anons would never have picked it up if the first episode was today.

Pretty good.

How are you going to protect her smile?

I'm still picking up first episodes of other shows, so it'd probably still get a look. I don't think being first was that big a deal. The early threads weren't overly impressed, at least for a first episode. Those can be deceiving. Now that we have two episodes though, we can start to see there may be something great going on here.

Also, this season doesn't seem all that big to me so far. Maybe big on hype, but that fizzles out once people find out what's good or not.

> The early threads weren't overly impressed
No, but it got a surprising amount of discussion/shitposting, and there were a number of people in those threads saying they'd picked it up because there was nothing else to watch yet.

Nice little touch at the end of episode 1.

rape

This is the best season in a while. So far it beats out any from 2017 that's for sure.

Who thought translating sky as universe was smart?

It's important it be translated that way so the lovecraftian twist doesn't feel so out of left field.

>nips can just skip high school and take entrance exams to get into college
What the fuck? Why isn't this allowed in clapistan? I could have saved 4 years of my life.

What is a GED?

No college is going to let you in with a GED.

Are we watching an anime about the book?

>it's another "Shirase jumps on any excuse to seduce older men" episode

She even had the money ready. The doujins write themselves

I WILL masturbate to Hinata.

Possibly for the rest of the year.

It's the adaptation [s]of the book Tamaki wrote after the expedition[/s].

Will Asanagi take notice of her?

I wonder how many kids her mother made in Antarctica

I'm impressed at how well they conveyed the feelings they intended to with the chase scene.

>poptepipic
>3gatsu
>takagi san
>violet evergarden
>Ameagari
>now this
why is this season so fucking good?

So wait, why do Nips stress at high school if this is the case?

They stress about not being good enough to pass the college entrance exams.

Shit was good. I went back and rewatched episode 1 and 2. It's just really enjoyable. There's a lot of well executed shit going on in this show.

It was initially announced as "Uchuu Yori mo Tooi Basho," so they probably just got their localization title done and didn't bother changing it.

SHIRASE IS A GOOD GIRL! YOU LEAVE HER ALONE!

aoty. yes, actually.

The ED is so good, I can't wait for the FLACs.

>poptepipic
Let's not get carried away.

Saori Hayami doesn't voice worst girls.

She sucks dick like a good girl.

Has the character designer done anything else? These smiles have to have been around before.

Top tier waifu

Both girls will freeze to death trying to get to the South Pole. The End.

I can't wait for this show to have a really dark twist like made in abyss or madoka lol

Why would one make an information meeting in fucking Kabukicho?

You could literally skip school in any first world country if you care enough to put in the work or even know it's an option.

For fun?

For hoping that some horny high school girls are trying to seduce you?

>tfw you'll never go out of your bubble like Kimari-chan and have fun

By finding more high schoolgirls to feed to her eldritch mother.

She's going to end up dead near the South Pole. It's not worth it.

CGDCTOTS

>episode 3 twist
>they are actual going to the Arctic

Why do they all look so shiny?

Well, do you prefer the alternative?

>"You said Antarctic?"
>"I thought you said and Arctic!"

They're all ghosts, user
Shirase is taking their souls to the "south pole" like Charon would take them across the Styx

Skipping school one day to go to Tokyo? Yes. But Kimari is an idiot so whatever.

>normal girl who just goes with the flow meets standoffish ideologue nobody else likes who wants to be special and unique and is inspired
>running at nighttime = seishun
>When you think about it, we really were Uchuu Yori Mo Tooi Bashoâ„¢

This show is basically Hanada wanting another shot at Euphonium without the baggage of having to be an adaptation, right?

>having a slut as waifu

She seemed so happy in the first episode. She almost didn't smile at all in the second, and the OP suggests she's not gonna smile anymore now. The closer to the Antarctica they get, the more depressed she's gonna be. Besides she doesn't seem to like Hinata all that much and probably will hate Yuzuki considering her personality.

>wants to be special and unique
Except Shirase just wants her mom.

>One of the most heavy season (and year) by titles and productions
>yfw Sora Yori Mo is the most remembered series of all of them

Things are looking good anons

I just found out that Hinata is voiced by Index what the fuck I didnt even notice
Shes one of the VAs I usually catch really quickly too

Your mom's a slot.

>slot

Yeah. She's a huge gaping hole people put money in.

Spare me the projection.

A waifu who is only a slut for me.

>enkou-chan
>only a slut for me
no

She doesn't even know what enko kousai is.

I'm going to pound this fat ass!

She doesn't have to know. As long as they give her money it's just fine as far as she's concerned.

Why is she working for Cowson if she so smart?

That's what she says, we aren't sure if that's true. Maybe she's an orphan or some shit

Probably because getting a better job with only a GED on your resume isn't easy.

>not wanting to take it easy while trying to figure out what to do for fun

>not liking poputepipepic

Next episode fucking when?

>cowson

She's just three grade levels ahead of her age. That's not going to get her any jobs.

Pretty excited to get an original anime that seems pretty good for once. Now if it only doesn't have pacing issues like 90% of anime...

It'll get her the dick.

Is she going to be pure unlike the other 3 sluts?

>Yuzuki has been a child actor since she was little
I don't think so.

They are all pure ladies.

After you go to Antarctica.

Hold my beer, senpai.

Vostok when?

the kanji in the title spell universe but the furigana to it say sky.

it's kinda like when you say girl (male), you write a word in Kanji and write an entirely different thing as the reading which is used as stylistic element.

Japan so silly

>download this expecting a ridiculous premise to turn into a ridiculous show, would have some laughs and drop it after a couple episodes
>end sucked up in the engaging tale into a girl yoloing her way into an adventure to break out of her routine and her shell

What the FUCK

We'll see them all die together.

Knowing Antarctica is basically a giant white death trap certainly adds to the intrigue, for sure.

It's gonna be so much fun when they find the frozen, half-decomposed corpse of Antarctica's mother.

>As a result of frequently appearing in media and working from a young age
They are really getting sponsors by sending a young girl to antarctica. Ha.

Depending on how deep she died in she might even be completely mummified! How exciting!

My wife Yuzuki is SO cute.
what is a famous child actress doing alone on the train this late at night?

quite good.