What are some properties that strangely don't have any anime adaptations?

What are some properties that strangely don't have any anime adaptations?

I would have thought Sega would be all over more Yakuza media.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y6AuvA-tl3Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Zelda botw. I would pay to have tsundere Zelda and silent Link to have an romance/action anime.

>gangster curb stomping innocent civilians on every street corners
Too violent for anime desu

>Too violent for anime desu
Watch more anime faggot.

I kek'd when I saw the NJPW guys in Yakuza 6.

Gravity Rush would make for a great anime I think. There is that promo they released for 2, but all it did was leave me wanting more.

I hope Nintendo partners with Studio Ponoc to make a Zelda movie

Because there's not enough money in the world that can pay for a proper adaptation of Yakuza
Especially with that lip sync

>strangely
? Where is the anime market for anime related to the yakuza, OP? The most you can get are comedies with some yakuza things for the laugh.

At most you can hope for sega jumping on the netflix train to try to improve Yakuza popularity in the west, but they don't give a fuck about that in the first place.

>2018
>still no anime of Thomas Pynchon's Against the Day

Yakuza's already anime enough.

I'm honestly puzzled that there was never any Fire Emblem anime.

Yakuza-themed anime in general is sadly rather rare

Final Fantasy. Square Enix owns a manga publisher for gods sake.

I would unironically watch movie budget adaptations of Yakuza 0 and 1/Kiwami. Though admittedly, just playing through the games can already be anime enough as seen in Honestly this. I'm actually surprised there isn't that much, if any, at all.

Unlimited exists
There's also that not!ffxiv isekai manga where the dude's sister gets killed and he goes on a quest for a single phoenix down

Yakuza would suit a live action more
Though there's probably a dozen live action series just like it

there was one adaptation of the first game.
it was awful

>the music changes slightly when he changes styles
This fight was too good

>that OST
Kuze's theme is also fucking insane.

If we even get a hypothetical adaptation, how to solve casting? I mean, while the franchise has people who do anime (Takaya Kuroda and Rie Kugimiya as some examples), what about for those from live-action? I mean, while Shintaro Kazama looks nothing like Tetsuya Watari, how to solve the casting issue if Watari wouldn't be willing to be an animated adaptation?

Are there people in Japan who are fine with doing voicework for games but who thumb their noses at anime?

The extended intro from the sewer fight was god-tier:
youtube.com/watch?v=Y6AuvA-tl3Y

This would be great.

Well EXCUUUSE ME, PRINCESS .

God it's just leaking testosterone

Ironic weeaboo Sup Forumsermin need to leave

I wonder about this. Is it just because Yakuza prefer to keep things secret? Is it because they're touchy when it comes to media depictions? Do they just like cute girls doing cute things so they hardly care for depictions of their own politics? It's just puzzling since I've read that many actual Yakuza are very receptive to the Yakuza game franchise so they're obviously doing something right.

>tfw you never get a anime adaption from your favorite game

Why live.

I don't think Yakuza would work as an anime. It's basically made for film hence all the non-anime actors they use especially guys from gangster films. It actually did get a few live action movies I think.

It got a film that was ok. Takashi Miike had a hand in the film as well.

The main stories might work as a film if shortened, but what about all the side quests everyone loves?

There’s a lot of Yakuza manga which is pretty good however nearly all of it is u translated. There’s so many yakuza movies it’s surprising there’s no yakuza anime they are not shy when it comes to depicting Japanese organised crime in everything that isn’t anime.

I don't want one of my favorite game series be ruined by fucktards from this board. Stick to your moeshit and ongoing shitshows that everyone will forget once they stop airing.

>Is it just because Yakuza prefer to keep things secret?

Nah, there's a whole genre of yakuza movies.
And there's yakuza manga. I guess people who like the topic already had yakuza eiga and somehow it got recluded to that, while anime is more a phantasy thing.

this too.

It's because anime mostly exists to promote some other media to the otaku crowd, which is a consumer none of the Yakuza themed novelists or mangaka want near them.