I fully admit that I "did not get it." Doesn't help that I went in expecting something like Gunnm, but still...

I fully admit that I "did not get it." Doesn't help that I went in expecting something like Gunnm, but still. Someone explain this to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u3SzOzm8lmo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I didn't get it either. The message I got from this is that humans want to live but everything is doomed to end and if we actually go against the law of death we will lose our souls.

This is one of the edgiest series ever. Don't try to understand it. The only nice thing about this series is Juno Reactor's OP.

Yeah that opening actually made me excited for the series, then I had to deal with the reality of it- which was fucking nothing.
youtube.com/watch?v=u3SzOzm8lmo

I don't know if there is really something to 'get'.
It's a depiction of the end of humanity, dying like it lived, half violence and half apathy.

dropped at ep 8, what a shitty anime

>BUT U DON'T GET IT 2 DEEP 4U XD

lain was 1000 times better than this shit, even ergo proxy is more enjoyable

>Someone explain this to me.
There is nothing to explain, there is just pain in this abism.

It wasn't by any means a good anime but I admit it had...something. I don't know what that something was though. May be it was expectations, I kept watching mostly waiting for something to happen and when I realized it was mostly over and nothing at all had happened.

Curious you mention Lain because I had a similar experience with that. I didn't really like Lain but for some reason I couldn't stop watching until it was finished. The only difference is that Lain had some interesting concepts going on. Texnolyze was just suffering for the sake of suffering.

t. literal retard

t. elitist

you forgot living in the search of something meaningful
and finding it by the end

As far as I know there isn't a consensus about what the 'true message' of the show is.

Tex is ten times better than Lain

eva

>If you need anything, anything at all, come to me. I'll be your guardian angel

That FUCKING sample

>lain was 1000 times better than this shit, even ergo proxy is more enjoyable
Lain - yeah. But Ergo Proxy? Not at all. Texnolyze has good art and animation at least.

There's not really anything to "get", if you didn't like the atmosphere and how skullfuckingly depressing it was then it's just not for you

Personally it's one of my favorite anime but I completely understand why people might not like it

There is no further evolution to humanity and in its pursuit there is only the apathy that results from the lack of struggle.

In the setting we're shown 2 general sides to humanity. Endless violence/degeneration and the hoplessness of a utopia. Trying to shake this up is Yoshii who had enough of the surface worlds utopia and Kano who wants to evolve humanity beyond its limits. In the middle of all this you have Ichise, who lives his whole life with no nothing but despair and struggle. Throughout the show he gains meaning through Onishi's help, and then finally, his memory of Ran.

Basically, it's the rejection of nihilism. The world is terrifying, cruel and pointless however you go about it BUT you can create your own meaning and important memory regardless. The whole show builds up to this but it's really noticable in Ichise's monologue before heading to the opera house in the final episode, and also the final scene of the last episode where he's lying down, smiling with the image of the white flower in front of him despite the world ending and everything that happened.

You need a liking for heavy atmosphere and lack of dialogue to generally enjoy this series. In that aspect, I guess it's definitely not for eveyone.

In the show, humanity has reached an evolutionary dead end and is slowly dying out, with the outside world giving up on trying to resist this fact. Texhnolyzation is about humanity adapting to this fact via trying to make their bodies be able to evolve according to humanity's technical ability, thus allowing the species to continue to survive and evolve beyond this dead end. Thing is, some people don't want that, some do.

>he gains meaning through Onishi's help

He never gained meaning there, he was sailing through without any purpose. Under Onishi he specifically said he did not know why he was doing what he was doing, and once he became a goon under Onishi, that's when Ran abandoned him, because his struggle was no longer to survive and be human and find his own meaning. He was a zombie. Only in the end does he find happiness because he feels he has the singular purpose of protecting Ran, but after he fails at that it's really just relief that everything's over and a sliver of happiness that Doc was with him in the end, and the inclusion of that by no means indicates that the primary message of the series was a rejection of nihilism. Everybody failed to evolve and become perfect because perfection does not and cannot exist in humanity, so everything has turned primal again and men are acting like men.