Decide to catch up on DBS since dub has much more episodes

>Decide to catch up on DBS since dub has much more episodes
>Fight against Hit left me sweating
>check the sub for the first time
>GOKU SOUNDS LIKE AN ACTUAL GRANDMA

How do you do it?

Funny that considering he is voiced by an actual grandma

Jesus fuck you weren't joking. How the fuck do the Japanese still prefer this voice over one of an actual male?

Because Masako Nozawa is talented af.

Probably just nostalgia at this point

It's just something people get used to. A lot of dubs of anything will mellow down the weird and unique sounds in favor of more natural-sounding voices.

For a similar example, just ask any who didn't grow up on the states what they think of the original voices in the Simpsons.

There's probably shit tons of German Simpsons dubfags that circlejerk around on German forums about how retarded those Americans must be to tolerate a girl voicing Bart, and how the based German dubbers saved the show by casting an actual man in the role.

Welcome to the site friend. Enjoy your stay on Sup Forums :)

she portrays the character really well but you wouldn't know since dub Goku is practically a different character. She's definitely too old to play him at this point though and they should've replaced her a long time ago.

That's the thing, that has to be just personal bias. With the Simpson's case you can barely tell Bart is a girl. But in Goku's case it is so painfully obvious that she doesn't even fit the role of a ripped space warrior

Sounding like a man is not the only characteristic trait Goku has but I agree that it should be one of them. Dub Goku sounds like
a man but not a man that grew up in the woods.

You do realize that the American Dragonball dub has always been ridiculed for being terrible and that dub Goku's voice has always been mocked for sounding absolutely nothing like Goku, right? The only ones defending it are burgers that grew up on it.

This. Jap Goku may have the voice of a granny but he also sounds thick-headed, stubborn, unselfconscious and pure of heart.
Dub Goku sounds like a dude named Steve.

>dub Goku is practically a different character.
This is the most overstated bullshit reddit statement ever

dub goku has subtlty and nuance while retaining the core goku aspects.

Meanwhile nu-goku is a literal frothing at the mouth retard, like that Adam Sandler movie where he's an adult 4th grader

And let me guess, you grew up on the burger dub, associated all the voices there with the characters, got a huge shock when you heard the original long long after, and think of deebeezee as the only anime that should be watched dubbed, because it was completely horrible until based burgermen came along and saved it 10 years later, right?

>the core goku aspects.
name them

>dub
>DBS
Fuck off and kill yourselves.

I like both the Japanese and English dubs. My issue with the Japanese dub that makes me prefer English though is that almost every single character just sounds like a Japanese human. In the English dub, it is of MY OPINION that the voices sound more creative for what they are supposed to be. Character like Burter, Freeza, and Majin Buu don't feel as otherworldly in Japanese.

Again this is my opinion and I'm not a Japanese speaker. The Japanese voices may sound more creative than I give them credit for.

As a kid, the latam, ocean, and funi dubs were all broadcasted in my area. We also started with original DB, unlike the vast majority of the new online fandom that's more into it for shitty memes of "HAHA GOKU'S THE WORST DAD HAHA" and love it when toriyama writes goku as too stupid to even live.

And nowhere in my post did I even detract from the original Japanese voicing of db and dbz. I'm shitting on where it is now with Super regressing characters to one-note jokes while ironic-weebs mindlessly gobble it up because "no this is the real goku! you must like superman goku!" using dub goku as a scapegoat

here's a hint folks, there's a difference between naivety and being a simple-rural type... and being flat out retarded

>while ironic-weebs mindlessly gobble it up because "no this is the real goku! you must like superman goku!" using dub goku as a scapegoat

You know it's possible to dislike BOTH Super's shitty writing AND your shitty burger dub, right? You seem like you're trying to make some kind of bizarre point out of defending it, despite that not having anything to do with anything.

That's because for some reason there's a rule in Japan where the main character of a shounen anime MUST be voiced by a woman, and the older she is the better.

I also have no clue where that retarded logic comes from. But then again they got nuked twice so it might've come from that.

dub > sub

Hey Vegeta say amazing shit in English

"Vegeta's World Famous Gourmet Rice Omelette!"

"SILENCE!"

"yeah sure babe"

I've noticed this about anime in general. I think they're over all more focused on personality than apperance when it comes to finding matching voices for anime characters. Moomintroll for example sounds like a 8-year old boy in the jap dub but like a fat hippo in the other dubs.

What the fuck are you doing on this board?

Holy shit l, this is Goku? The dub is so much better.

back to Sup Forums retard.

Masako Nozawa is amazing. She still gives her all when it comes playing Goku. Black Goku was also pretty good.

It's a lot easier when you've watched Dragon Ball from start to finish in Japanese.
You can hear the voices change as they age and it's a lot less jarring than going from English to Japanese.