Violet Evergarden dub thread

youtube.com/watch?v=sXDR9uaURhk
Which one is the best?

Jap=Fr=LatSpa>Por>Ita>Ger>Spa>>>>>>>>bible black>>shit>>>eng

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aGzn-SCcJMs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>dub thread

God French accents on women are hot. I watched the Infinite Stratos dub because of CHarlotte's cute French accent

>dub thread
Check these sick dubs

I may watch it in French at some point, sounds nice.
The English dub is laughably bad as always.

>dubs

Jap > Ger > Fra > Ita > Eng > Spa > the others

>one-off

Wuh? Castillan is not Spanish?

The Castillian is better than the Spanish one.

Castillian is the more common version of Spanish spoken around the world. The Spanish more commonly used in Spain is the one where they use a light "th" for the "s" sounds, amongst other differences in inflections I don't completely know.

The French and German ones were pretty good.

>german
No complaints.

why are english dubs so fucking awfull compared to other languages?

german can be awful too, but here it just werks

I suppose german is the most true to the setting?
Someone should do an ultimate cut where every person is speaking in a different language

Because voice actor is not a job in english language countries. So unless you can afford real actors to do it, you are pretty much left with art school dropouts.

Best dude: French
Best Violet: German

Italian here, the German one was the best.

Pleasantly surprised with the Spanish version. Her voice is so soft.

>Castillian is the more common version of Spanish spoken around the world
???

>Which one is the best?
I prefer these dubs.

>why are english dubs so fucking awfull compared to other languages?

Because it's not?

>checking twitter to see what the japs thought about the first episode
>they fucking love it
>checks stalker
>it's at the top of the season, losing only to gay idolshit
Ah well, so that's how it goes.

>dub
disgusting burger

Pretty much this. France, Germany, Italy and Spain dub everything from shows to films so it makes sense that they have become good on this.

english speakers have no talent.

>mfw listening to hue dub

Violet sound so cute it hurts.

Sup Forums is dead and there's nothing we can do about it

Did somebody say dubs thread?

It is, but lazy people don't want to write european spanish. LatSpanish should be called hispanoamerican spanish.

I kinda liked the english one the most. Do I have shit taste?

Jap > Por> the rest > my fart > english

Yes.

yes

>watching anime in anything other than Japanese

Yeah

>all those languages
>none of those hold a candle to the original
Hodgins is clearly the most manly in the original. None of the other versions of this handsome motherfucker manage to be as deep and cool as the jap one.
That said, German Violet is fairly close to the original.
The spic versions are laughable.

jap >>> german >> shit > spic > english > french
I just can't stand how gay french sounds.

pretty much.

Now now, you're hurting my sensibilities as a French.

It's a faggot language mate. Soon to be african too.

Castilian Violet sounds like a 40yo woman, why is Spain so shit with translations?

>ONDA VITAL

>Castilian
>Spain

Whatever, A Todo Gas friend

Yes.

UMA DELICIA dub is best

Italian violet sounded the best besides the japanese one. She actually had some semblance of emotion when she said she wanted to know what "i love you" meant.

>40yo woman
Probably must has 38yo

Sup Forums is programmed to hate every english dub that ever exists. You're not going to get a good answer to that question here.

She's a new VA right? Never heard of Raissa Bueno before

Kinda qt
youtube.com/watch?v=aGzn-SCcJMs

According to MAL she's only done Netflix dubs so far

She did some Crunchyroll dubs

>tfw no slav dub

but which slav speak is best?

Spanish sounds actually good

The show is set in Argentina after all

Too white.

Not enough.

Because the companies that do the dubbing pay next to nothing and get talent that reflects that. Nevermind the difficulties in giving a good performance without any real direction because the people who made the show are an ocean away and don't give a shit about you.

German is actually pretty good even though i'm pretty sure a lot of Japanese words are lost in translation

for instance at 1:35 she says "ich will ist wissen, ich möchte es gerne verstehen" which basically translates to " I want to know, I would like to understand it" which in no way implies love, unless it is cut short of her saying "lieben" or some shit, sounds weird to me but it might be a different accent, I only know High German

BASED

>High German
What is Low German?

the good stuff

>eng dub
I can't believe people defend this, hahaha

not counting Jap, the french one is really good, the rest is decent
I don't know the Castillan and Lat Spa scripts are different since the words should be the same, just the accent should be different

German accents, such as most swiss faggots and their fucking hard to understand gibberish, or a bavarian accent

I'd equate it to very extreme American accents, like the difference between Southern backwoods USA to cockney UK, like I can understand pretty much everyone in German cities, but if I go to the country they put words together and shorten shit, and countries like switzerland I can barely understand anyone in german outside of zurich

serb

Castillan = orange
Spanish (latin spanish) = red

>calls catalan "spanish" even though it's basically only spoken in catalonia and the vast majority of spanish speakers around the world speak castellano

Woah I like the languages I don't understand and hate the languages I do understand!!

>USA not included
Shit map

a lot of the words are different, too, but not by much. a castellano speaker and a catalan speaker could understand each other if they spoke slowly.

>Por
>It's actually Brazilian
Fuck you for giving me high hopes.

Don't forget that they literally phone in their fucking lines. In Japan, all VAs are in one room recording the scene together. In USA, partly because we're lazy and partly because we're so big, lines are recorded separately and compiled by an editor.

I don't know how the other countries do it though

More people in Brazil than in Portugal

It's not because we're lazy, it's because it works better for scheduling and the isolation is ideal when the sound engineers are mixing the audio. Most people do it this way.

That's because you're a retarded nigger.

are burgers really that stupid?

Because you understand it.

Majority of us are honestly

I understand 4 out of those languages and english is the worst.

Not as much as you apparently. Look at the people that consume dubs, and you would've gotten your answer.

I'm English as Fifth Language person and I think English is the absolute worst.

That is obviously an ESL.

Is that why you're using it right now?

checkmate weebs

English being convenient doesn't excuse bad voice acting

>dub thread
What the fuck happened to Sup Forums?

english is international language you moron. im forced to use it even though the langauge isawful.

It's hard to act when you're affixed to a certain of lip flaps.

Yes

It's okay if it's Kyoani.

It's my second of 3.5 languages, and I like it. But English dubs are utter trash.

>reddit spacing retard in a dub thread misusing weeb
Please go back to your containment website.

Listen to me

Fuck off

French and German were pretty good

>"I LOVE YOU", WHAT DOES IT MEAN
hilarious in any language

Saber-chan is too autistic.

McCarley can make his voice go deep? Nice.

A lot of Japanese productions record in isolation, too. That's not the problem; it's that the direction for English dubs is often subpar and conventions like Japanese grunts sound really unnatural in English. Not to mention that English and Japanese generally have their speakers place their pauses elsewhere, which you can get around with a good script writer, but neither the talent nor the time is there.

A good director can pull a good performance out of an actor, but very rarely will they even touch anime. Plus, things like this don't record remotely. I can tell you from the guy's voice that everything was recorded in the same studio, in a specific part of LA, too.