HorribleSubs sucks. Asenshi true version

HorribleSubs sucks. Asenshi true version.

More

What does uncouth and sturdy mean, they are very complex word
tfw to dumb for kyoani

>嵌めてごらん
>try biting
>君の心を分かりたい
>I want to know your thoughts
>あなたも飲んで頂戴
>drink up

Amazing asenshi subs.

No-filters version when?

Muricans are not getting simulcast on netflix.

for real?

Cuz muricans prefer to binge watch. Netlix making an informed business decision.

>paying for garbage

Yup. They will have to wait until spring to see this show on netflix.
Everyone else got simulcast.

weird
i thought netflix was the same all over the world

Apparently not. 亜人 got fucked in the ass.

>using netflix
>having a netflix account
>not literally pirating everything humanly possible

cant you just stealing them from your english frens?

it's not only simulcast but also simuldub

>simuldub
This is why Netflix is good. Probably gonna torrent the dub later and watch the episode for the 3rd time

They just don't want it stealing all of Devilman's audience by releasing it right after.

i literally do not care

crybaby was hot pie
hope netflix will grow and start buying every anime

hot, fresh, delicious pie

>2018
>Still acting like HS is not a ripping group
>Uses a fansub group instead of perfectly fine official subs

Are you messing with me mate?

>try biting
they must be jesting

They are called HorribleSubs for a reason, retard

If they do, I hope they fix the audio.

jesus christ it changes every thing

Which is closer to the original audio?

Netflix.

at least someone has to fix the contrast filter they use

Oh.. i thought she was used to some sort of time-stretching alternate reality. It really changes things.

Netflix subs were great.

>perfectly fine official subs
>no mention of the inferior video quality

>I do not care that Violet sounds even MORE fucking autistic with shit fan-subs
Ok.

>君の心を分かりたい
Could it be roughly translated as "I want to know more about you"?

>Soldier from birth used to long operations
Fitting
>I'm used to long hours
>Ya just casual long days at work, no problem.
Not fitting

Its called theme and context. It does change things. This scene is supposed to help understand violet a little better.

Netflix audio is capped at 128kbps so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Holy fuck, Violet comes off as... as... I can't describe how bad the left is. The conversation was her talking about how her hands don't feel heat because they're made out of Adamant Silver. She then says they're bulky but are sturdy to use. Yet the fansubs is her basically going 'They look like shit, but they're just as sturdy'. Sturdy as fucking what? Human hands? No, these are far superior in sturdiness than fucking human hands. Jesus fucking Christ did they even attempt to make it sound right or are they specifically trying to make her sound even more autistic?

I downloaded the multi-audio rip and there's like 6 different audio languages and subs in 20 languages

>I want my subs to make the characters seem like personalityless cardboard cutouts
yeah me too

How much does Netflix pay you to shill for their release and the group that rips them?

Not really, that's forcing it.
I want to understand your heart / I want to understand your thoughts, are better.
And given the context of such sentence being spoken right after 君の気持ちが知りたい, the former is better.

Asenshi just likes to push it to the point where it's just wrong. The line spoken in the OP is 無骨ですが、頑丈です and yet look at the forced mess they make out of such a simple sentence.

Except we already know what she means by 'long hours' as it's been established she is a military person. We don't need to be reminded once again she was in the military. It's like the fucking mess cook going 'I SAW ACTION I DID, DID I EVER TELL YOU I WAS IN THE MILITARY?' over and over. She comes off fucking retarded like that. She's already anti-social, this is adding to it. We don't need to be reminded she is in the military, again. The flashbacks, her saluting, calling people by their ex-military rank. The 'used to long hours' means she's used to long hours, military or not. Not all time in the military is on 'operations', in fact, most of it isn't.

They are as sturdy as they are rough.
Uncouth means rough, ruged.
Honestly user, be a little lax and imaginative with the use of language. It doesn't have to conform to perfect definition. It had to sound and feel nice.

I love bloat!

>長時間の作戦にはなれています
For once asenshi did a better job than netflix. I guess you can't lose them all, but "with long hours" is still stupid.

No I disagree with you. Pay more attention to how Benedict interacts with her in the seen. Clearly he sees her as very abnormal.
It fits more stylistically for her to say operation. It makes his reaction and demeanor toward her make more sense.
He let her go out and deliver mail at night. That reflects her 'operations' remark more than it does simply 'long hours'. Most people dont work over night after they have been working all day.

This image actually only proves that two people translated the line in two different ways. Netflix's version could just as easily be the one that's completely wrong.

I guess so. My problem is she's already pretty autistic and the asenshi subs just make it worse and I dunno if it's needed. It turns it to cringey and I don't think it's meant to be. Again, my belief is they've established she's talking about long hours in the military.

My. Dick.

What happened was he asked if she wanted to deliver mail next with the implication he'd show her how the next day because it was getting late. He didn't expect her work through the night because normal wageslaves don't do that

Not learning japanese

No I am 100% sure he told her to deliver the mail because he didn't care if she did.
If he did have an a next day implication he would have said tomorrow. But he just leaves her hanging and leaves.
Gilbert questions him about it and Benedict makes a half assed excuse.

>EOPs telling me what to watch
Yuck!

more autism is better though

Leave her alone you BULLY. Sup Forums is so retarded they thought her rubbing the puppy on her face was 'autism' when it was because she couldn't feel what it was like with her hands, she needed to use her face. I said earlier in other threads, this is like Princess Principle all over again, literally too fucking confusing for Sup Forums because shit requires you watch, pay attention (not even to difficult shit) and understand that a show is multiple episodes, not just one.

It's not bullying, i'm just saying it's cute user, chill the fuck out

But which version have less blur?

Yeah, those 20 minutes of watching another thing on their platform is really gonna be the death of them.

who the fuck gets confused by princess principal? did that really happen? has this shithole truly fallen that low over the years?

The first two episodes were a lot less on the nose than what the rest of the series eventually became.

>2018
>Not know languaje japanese
Self kill you

god-tier post

Commit Senkaku yourself

If you are supposed to be japanese why do you use the letter L?

a nip can still peck the "L" key

Did you literally not watch the show?

Wasn't "I'm used to long hours" the Netflix version though? That's the version I watched and the line I remember.

If he had said tomorrow then it wouldn't be implied would it.
I don't think Benedict is as bad a person as you seem to think

Are you stupid or something? It's all Netflix rips, it's all shit.

Netflix will burn in hell with every rat like you who supports those demons.

It is. Which is why asenshi did a better job with that one line because Violet clearly said long operations.

"Fits more stylistically" is just your opinion. Why can't these fucks just translate what was said?

Why would you download the multi-audio?

operation is closer to what was said.

No one said that and you fucking know it.

then why does hs look worse than everything else?

Dumbfuck, the first asenshi release was using jap tv raw, their v2 and HS use Netflix video.

Curiosity

What a flop of an anime. I thought kyoani was better than this

Then say "long operations"
"Operations with long hours" is shit, and "long hours" is a mistranslation, why can't they just do things right?

Where on the doll did Netflix touch you, user?

What's wrong with
>with long hours
then?

Because you watch 480p video on your 4" phone.

me on the left

BECAUSE muh localization or something. Netflix doesn't like having a vet talking like a soldier.
I don't know user, I just don't know.

Have you ever hear anyone talk like that? Violet hasn't either.

Asenshi did it shittily too, don't pretend either was perfect. Both were fine, and Netflix was more accurate in general.

>Violet hasn't either
She was in the military with people from all over the country, pretty sure she knows how people talk.

I absolutely have heard people talk like that. Using with to add attributes to nouns is one of the most common things in english.

No shit Sherlock, I'm the guy calling them out in the 3rd post ITT.

The people around me are freaks then.

Why the acorns? Is she a squirrel?

>autistic girl doesn't really get what you mean when you say you love her
A little too close to home for me.

umm excuse you, i watch 720p video on my 5" phone. you can't even buy 4" phones anymore with hardware that isn't abysmal.

That gets explained later.

Why are people discussing theories when the source material exists?

but "long operations" and "operations with long hours" can be interpreted as being the exact same thing.
If anything, "long operations" is the more ambiguous of the two, since it could be implied that the operation spanned several months or years, as opposed to working long hours during a day of an operation.

>Sup Forums
>reading

I can't wait for this deep lore

Because it's fun and a lot of people haven't read those

It was just awkward phrasing. It would have been less awkward to phrase it, "They are as sturdy as they are uncouth," but I can only guess that that phrasing would differ even more from the original line. I at least appreciate their attempt to use more formal and eloquent language. It suits the atmosphere of the show more.

Also consider that this is based on a light novel. If the translators take a few minor liberties to make it sound like it wasn't written by a middle schooler, I'm all for it.

I dunno about those other guys, but I can't read