Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku

Whoever decided carrying over Satou's narration from the novel to the anime was a good idea should be evicted into a parallel world.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shōsetsuka_ni_Narō
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah I think it was a great idea too, I mean who doesn't want to be isekai'ed.

that's cause the author made the entire novel a fucking diary

>that picture
Is that a picture for fucking ant-
>filename
You fucker

>should be evicted into a parallel world
But user, that's exactly what he wants.

Anyone else mildly disappointed we never get to see which skills he gains as he does stuff? All you see is the little message scroll up and fade out. I guess nobody could be arsed to actually include the name of the skill. It's a minor point, but it was a nice touch in the manga. Tho he really does gain a shit-ton of skills and titles.

They already waste too much time on his stupid monologues, if they had him stop and inspect every fucking new skill as well we would see the loli slaves on episode 12.

They show this though. There are little pop up all the time in the first episodes showing the newly acquired skills and titles gained. The problem is horrible subs or whoever is not translating them.

CR ain't got no time to translate any signs, they're very busy ensuring that all their subs have the highest quality possible.

Yeah, sounds like a great reward.
Satou's narration is like half the fucking series. I'm amused they even carried over the "Hello, Satou here" bit that's at the start of every chapter of the LN and WN.
I'm actually totally happy with that, even if it's a bit silly.

Yuck. It's no wonder there's discrimination in this world when you have a bunch of half breed freaks running around.

The narration wasn't too bad but god I want commiesubs or something for these popups.

After reading this as Satou in the WN, seeing Satoo here looks odd.

Yeah, demi-humans are pretty diverse, and vary from full on furries, to kemonomimi qts.
The dog/cat-kin that look human but only have animal ears and tails have it worse, seeing as they're seen as freaks by the more furry of their kin.

Which was my complaint in the first place.

lol

This just ain't right.

Furries would fuck this.

Furry Grimoire anime was full of internal monologue. In WN and mango too.

She's a old lady that died a virgin, and was always into young boys. "ain't right" just about describes everything about Arisa.

Did the arifureta manga straight up skip the part where hajime grabs the power from orcus?

What, the censoring?
Basically, I think there was some text explanation of some things, but it skipped any development after the last fight in the dungeon until they left.

The problem is the MC's shitty monologue comprises like literally more than half of the story. It's actually absurd.

I know nips like to write their narou shit in first person but Death March's borders on absolutely inane.

>The problem is the MC's shitty monologue comprises like literally more than half of the story.
Your complaint is that you feel MC's monologue is shitty. Mayne you should watch/read something more fast-spaced.

Go back to DBZ

Felt like they wanted to make a gigantic bait and switch where the show isn't really action-packed and the MC literally just fucks around with his harem all day.

he's right though?

sad.

She was more of a Christmas Cake than old lady.

We actually don't know how old Arisa was. I think I remember Satou being pretty sure she was older than him, or at least there was some narration that insinuated as much.

Her personality/actions seem to indicate she was older, but he also doesn't know what the world she was from was like. It's likely, but not certain, that she was that old at death. Combining age before and after reincarnation, she should almost certainly be at least as old as him now.

I feel like Arisa was in her mid to late 30s at the very least.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shōsetsuka_ni_Narō

No he's not.

The VA is trying too hard to sound younger. He's suppose to be 18 not 12.

most of the novels in that list are in first person though. i don't see your point.

Well her personality certainly seems like someone older and eager to get hooked as soon as possible.

At which episode will this roughly get good, novelfags?

it peaks at nanashi fighting the demonlord and then just becomes worse than stale bread.

End of the second episode or the third when Liza, Pochi and Tama show up.

Is the MC in this one as overpowered as other isekai MCs?

more overpowered

>furries discriminating against kemonomimis

He's basically a god.

Isn't it kind of similar to elves looking down on half-elves? I don't find it surprising.

Not quite a god yet, but that's the goal.

The elf thing i know but the other thing is kind of a first. Probably the "demihumans must stand together" thing in shieldbro got me a bit biased.

I want to make young organisms with Nana! Aze-san is best girl though.

>demihumans must stand together
Death March takes a different route; various demi-human races just hate each other, due to the history of conflict and such.
There's even a rat-kin Kingdom that went and fucked up some lizard tribes and such, because the king (a reincarnator no less) had a shitty childhood thanks to them.
The implication being that Liza, one of the MC's haremettes, became a slave sure to this fueding, and even she comes to hate rat-kin.

That's pretty much how the manga is.
>group travels to the next town
>on the way, stops to gather food/cook
>MC tries making various things
>in town, make arrangements with craftsmen/companies for goods and stuff to trade
There's not that much action, usually, at least once the group stabilizes. He's got a fair-sized harem.

The show was pretty much never action-packed. The MC is so strong that there's pretty much literally nothing that can oppose him, you never can feel like that there's something that could possibly stand in his way. However, that's the whole point of the series, and people who complain about the MC being too strong are just retarded.

nano desuuuuuu

>However, that's the whole point of the series, and people who complain about the MC being too strong are just retarded.
People can think the "point" itself is dumb as hell, Satan. This is like saying that PTE can't be criticized because it's supposed to be retarded.

When people say isekai is trash, this is exactly what they mean

Wrong isekai.

you sure?

>caring about other people
you don't need their validation to enjoy/ not enjoy shows user

So is the MC being too strong something that's innately bad? I mean if the author wrote sentences that didn't make sense, ok that's unarguably bad. If the author wrote a plot that contradicted itself that's pretty much unarguably bad as well. But complaining that an MC is too strong in a power Isekai fantasy? That I don't know about.

I don't really get all the hate towards death march. I mean, yeah, it may be not up to someone's taste, but to go as far as calling it the worst isekai? Come on guys, go read something like arachne then come back. Death march is relatively good written, the author doesn't flaunt MC's OPness and he doesn't act on some edgy or stupid goal.
Harem? What harem? Does a bunch of girls following the mc make it a harem? I don't really care about any of the girls yet it doesn't stop me from liking the story. The mc isn't your usual gay ass faggot who won't touch a girl because reasons either, or some horny teen who wants to stick it in every hole, he just happen to have standards. As for people like >baww I can't self-insert when he won't bone someone I want to
well sucks to be you.

Wow someone's feelings are hurt. I'm surprised you had time to write this inbetween rewatching isekai smartphone

The "hate" you describe is an unversal distaste for isekai esque stories as those have been rising in popularity ever since SAO, given Sup Forums hivemind mentality towards anything popular, its a little wonder we can even hold threads like this.

What the fuck is the MC in this?
>29
>Single
>Wageslave
>Isn't bitter about life
>Only a sliver of cynicism
>Rationalizes everything like an autist

People see isekai and rpg mechanics in the description and come looking for the usual power wankery, only to get baffled when it's not quite what they expected. Power wankery is not what death march is about at all. It's about world building and exploration, a comfy SOL where the MC only gets a complete overkill of OP powers right off the bat for the sole purpose of clearing dangers out of the way without giving it too much attention. It's rarely, if ever, the main focus and just happens in the passing mostly. There's no any real power struggle here, it's always the MC or his followers curbstomping whatever foe was unlucky to get in their way, often with OP shenanigans for added hilarity. But he's still nowhere near being an almighty god and can't just chill out while minding his own business like he wants to, so he has to explore many places, meet many people and learn many things, and those travels and how they gradually unwrap the bigger view of the world are what actually makes the core of the story.

he doesn't care user, its one of those people you know?
i'm sure you know at least one of them

You mean it's a power fantasy.

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god
It started! I can't believe I'm able to see a Satou's anime in my lifetime
Jesus Christ, I'm the happiest
By the way, this is a cooking anime
Though, I'm not sure if we will see Satou's full supa.extraordinary masterchef skills

We won't see much of anything with how few episodes it will get.

Let's hope they cut most of the lame waifu shit out.

>Though, I'm not sure if we will see Satou's full supa.extraordinary masterchef skills
We won't. In the LN's Liza does all the cooking until volume 3, and it doesn't look like the anime is going that far.

Pretty sure Arisa is not that much older than Satou. If anything, she was born before Satou due to her older references but died earlier.

She's not from the same world as him and she spent much more time in their current world and given it's still not clear how time flow in different worlds work you can't tell anything for sure. Hell, for all we know she might be brainwashed by the god, or her memories might be partially fake, or pretty much anything else.

There was a hero from Japan who showed up a thousand years earlier and knew about fantasy elves and shit, so obviously the game world's time flows a lot faster.

I don't think time flow between the two worlds matter at all. As the isekai world pulls from different worlds all the time. Like the two Japanese kids Menea's kingdom summoned.

There are like zillion billons of different Japans and there's little reason to believe time flows the same in every one of them. Some even had managed to destroy themselves in nuclear holocaust.

>that bedroom eyes
wew, thirsty as hell

Arisa is a bit more forceful than most, and was almost successful the first time. Satou is too strong for her now that he expects it.

>It's about world building and exploration
I get that, and it's why I read the WN all the way to the end of 15, but at some point I was reading because it had become a daily ritual and not because I was enjoying it.

Honestly, I wish the worldbuilding was better and other characters had more screentime and characterization. One of the more enjoyable parts of these power fantasy isekai's is seeing the world and the MC from the perspective of the natives of the world, and the Death March WN had very little of that (Overlord has a better ratio of MC's perspective to New Worlder's perspective, for example). Maybe they fixed it in the LN but I don't have the energy to check.

Also, I'm pretty sure the anime won't get to touch any of the more interesting aspects of worldbuilding like the techno-lich or his childhood friend.

Fuck you, SON

Isn't that a weasel?

I hope they keep the prostitutes.

Shit, you're right. I got the two mixed up. Rats were the race of that one guy that called Mia princess.

Going by the characters in ED they'll stop at LN volume 2.
Fuck, why did they even bother if they'll never reach the parts where it really starts to get interesting.

>At which episode will this roughly get good, novelfags?

it NEVER gets good. the MC is a god. imagine superman, with a beta nip "im gonna hide my power level" fetish and an allergy to naked women. It's just horrific.

Advertising for the LN/manga. Maybe we get some doujin out of it. Even if it gets a sequel, it will never get enough of them to catch up to the source material.
I thought he initially hid his power because people knowing what he was capable of would interfere with his exploration. It doesn't work eventually, as they know Satou as being stronger than average, and suspect one of his identities as being him.

>Satoo (rhymes with “poo”)

Just reminding you that waifu doesn't mean anime girl, Sup Forums.

There would be nothing left.

So is that whole software death march thing even relevant anymore? Jesus fuck the entire first half of the first episode was a giant waste of time.

At least Smartphone had the decency to not even bother with that.

So as a mango only fag who is now watching the anime...

What's the general consensus for adaptations?

LN > WN > Mango > Anime?

gotta set up that mc doesn't wanna fuck lolis nigga

If he touches anyone but Aze of the harem and Arisa is not first, her reaction will be interesting.

WN pochi and tama are like that

glad they fixed it

This is trash but zena is legit a good girl that deserves to be loved

I hope someone steal her from Satou, he doesn't deserve her.

>People ITT defending the "hes super op so it lets SoL Hijinks happen" excuse
>Harem of girls that all love him for being vaguely nice or different
>RPG systems in a fantasy world
>"world building" of an eight year old literally the most simplistic and generic Japanese-Vision western fantasy kingdoms.
>No conflict or tension whatsoever

Why bother defending literary trash. If you like it, at least admit it's trash regardless.