No man has ever topped this guy as the best dad in anime

>no man has ever topped this guy as the best dad in anime

I dunno, Senkuu's dad from Dr. Stone is a strong contender.

Was he better in 2003? All I remember from Brotherhood is shitty comedy that made it really hard to feel sad about his death

Came here to post this

He's less wacky in the original adaptation and has more screentime before he's killed off.

>no man has ever topped this guy
Damn.

Not even top 20

yeah, a lot better. he has some heroic moments and his relationships with both the elrics and mustang are more fleshed out.

A good dad wouldn't have left is wife a widow and his daughter without a father.

Think about it.

Yes. He's not killed off nearly as early too.

Thinking about it, it's good that he died. Major pedo vibe.. Daughter was not safe.

Thank you Envy

One the few things 2003 did right was make him feel like a character we cared about. In Brotherhood which rushed the first part of the manga, he'd show up once or twice in the first 9 episodes, do the LOL isn't my daughter adorable meme and was pretty much used as character building device for Mustang, I mean even the episode where he dies, in Brotherhood, he dies before the ad break and then the rest of the episode is focused on Mustang

Has anyone noticed he looks like Markiplier?

No

That's not Okazaki

>this murder bait
>good father

Have any bottomed to him?

This. Senkuu's dad is looking to be a very strong contender for 'best manga/anime dad'.

Is there an anime dad worse than him?

At least his family wasn't raped and murdered after his death.

There are plenty of downright evil, abusive, or more reprehensibly neglectful fathers. Ging's a shit father but he isn't one of those.

Ging has not yet had a chance to abuse his son for personal gain. He absolutely will do this, multiple times, without giving it a second thought

Nah, Ging explicitly stated he wants nothing to do with Gon. He's also established as a pretty nice guy despite coming off as a jerk to most other people.

does he count?

>best dad
>doesn't finger his dead daughter's clone
>Doesn't give his child a robot made from his mom for his birthday
>Doesn't have a heartbeat

Hughes is still the best in my book, heres a close second though

>purposefully groom your son into some kind of autistic driving savant
Bunta a shit.

This is the actual probable best dad in anime.