Devilman Crybaby

Fast forward to 1:01. Such a good track.

youtube.com/watch?v=xs-PzathtLA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9lFyX4_3Kbo
youtube.com/watch?v=grcwEYLQjLw
youtube.com/watch?v=qMOWCMcovzo
youtu.be/diuexInkshA
youtube.com/watch?v=uOK-1IG-j68
youtu.be/6t2HJgNTM3U
youtube.com/watch?v=Hc-RYsndSNw
youtube.com/watch?v=LiLJoBTZKX0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what is this actually about?

some sort of standealone movie? Do I need to read the manga in order to understand what's going on? Why's Sup Forums jizzing themselvs over this?

Just watch it. It's short and beautiful.

It's about the nature of evil.

>netflix 10 episode dump

holy shit I didn't know netflix was making anime

>No more tears to shed
youtube.com/watch?v=9lFyX4_3Kbo

10 episodes. Just watch it.

I hate his chad redesign with the stupid asschin.

Is just the same guy but with less meat in the face, is hard to adapt

Man, that scene was brutal. Miki is running, meanwhile she imagines she's with Akira in the running track, she wants to pass the batton to Akira but she can't reach him.
Made me cry.

youtube.com/watch?v=grcwEYLQjLw
>when that scene hits
Jesus christ I wept like a child

Did you know Miki? Blood tastes like iron!

I'll be depressed for a week ;_;

are they though? mostly, they usually get distribution rights and then market it as an netflix orignal outside of japan

Bro, spoiler warning for those who didn't watch

just watch it for the historic value. It influenced many anime and videogames that came after it. Evangelion, Shin Megami Tensei, Shadow Hearts, Devil may cry for example

Devilman is the first anime to be outright produced and funded by Netflix. It's not like the Evergarden deal where they came in during production.

How did Taro become a demon?

Sorry man.

Miki a best.

was practically yelling at my screen when i she her get shot
the hold ep killed me those beat boxing bros went down swinging and try their best to protect her then the two of them betray them i hope those fucks suffered i really thought he was going to save her...

>and try their best to protect her then
Yeah that was one of the saddest things in the episode.
They went down as heroes, doing their best to protect Miki

i really though it was going into a different direction either way im glad these bros where in the show in the first place even if everyone dies. god rest their souls they fought to the end...

They are now together in eternity, just like the name of the song from Crybaby(From here to Eternity)

God now im tearing up fuck im going to go now hope you guys have fun chatting in this thread

>im tearing up fuck
You're not the only one.
youtube.com/watch?v=qMOWCMcovzo

OST is forgettable, just like the series.

youtu.be/diuexInkshA

SUCH A GOOD SONG

ARE WA DARE DA
DARE DA
DARE DA

Don't worry guys, reinforcements are here.

(You)

no no no no no no

fuck you

Devilman was not produced by Netflix in any real way. It's just that the actual producers took into account the distribution method and knew they could "go further" in some content than if it was a TV anime

>Satan is voiced by a woman in the French dub
Mmmm...

Where are the chad running webms

I gotchu famiglia.

ya got the motorcrycle scene loop?

not gonna lie. I like the running animation since it looks very animalistic and primal. looks like it carries a lot of momentum. I can see why it wouldn't boat someone else's float though.

youtube.com/watch?v=uOK-1IG-j68

When that plays.

Sorry, I don't

>The two rappers
>Taro, Mom, Dad
>Miko
>Miki she was too good for this world

I didn't know what to expect with this. Wasn't sure if it'd hold up to the original series or if Netflix would butcher it.

It didn't disappoint.It stuck with the themes on the nature of evil and humanity. I got frustrated. I got erect, I got sad. I wanted to cry, but I didn't. But I wanted to.

ehh it was allright but i didn't have fun with it. i understand the cultural significance. but it just feels like shows people will put in there 3x3 so they can seem educated in anime.
im glad i watched it to be part of the discussion but i would much rather something fun.

>Not "He's got your back"
You had one job And I'm upset with myself for having to do it for you.

what you mean?

Should I bother with any sequels and crossovers?

I only remember Devilman Lady being rapetastic and having a retarded plot twist

I fuckin cried. I literally never cry at sad shit, this is one of the very few pieces of media that has ever made me shed a tear, and it made me cry at about 3 different times.

>these crazy fucks were intelligent and coherent enough at the time to bring the dead body with them to lure her into coming closer
why are humans so fucked up

Go for it. Sjws hate its guts which is why you should absolutely read Lady.

If you smoke weed, definitely smoke a bowl before watching episode 1.

god I didnt even think about that.

Im amazed polygon praised crybaby when it has the hero raping a stronk womyn mid air

Don't listen to him, user. Drugs are bad and sinful. You could very well turn into a demon or have some girl bite your dick off and tear you in half.

So was God the one who wiped out the American fleet that was infiltrated by demons and about to start WW3?

about what part? i said a few different things

lmao

I stopped smoking bud since it blocks my dreams, and I recently have gotten much better at lucid dreaming and spending time with my waifu. Waifu > drugs in my book.

Literally who?

which parts you didn't have fun with?

Somehow Miki's beheading scene was even worse in this than the Apocalypse OVA.

Reminder that god hates fags

Dat scene.

youtu.be/6t2HJgNTM3U

Yeah I'm pretty sure. Especially since ryo was confused by it.

It's just an adaptation of the manga, you don't need to watch or read anything beforehand.

>chad redesign
You ain't seen nothing yet.

>Lucifer was a homosexual that came from a third world country
yeah real subtle

It went on for so long that I started laughing, is there something wrong with me?

owo

yes, you were born human

Tfw no demon-raptor-harpy gf

The visuals were good, the fights were good, the music was good
But the ending wasn’t satisfying
I understand the msg and the significance
I understand it was well made and did everything it self out to do
But what it set out to do left me Unsatisfied
All the guys I liked died
I can see how it’s objectivly fantastic
It fills in all the things a masterpiece should fill in
But my personal enjoyment was not much.
It’s like somone looking at the Mona Lisa who dosent give a shit about art
Sure it looks nice
And it’s ahead of its time
And a masterpiece
But I don’t care

Sounds about right.

Anyone's reaction to Devilman depends greatly on how much they think of humanity as a whole.

The joke is both the characters in the show have the name miki
But one bitched about the nickname miko
But it lists her as miko in the imdb

Why did you write that like a poem?

I’m on my phone and typed it wierd for personal clarity

Posting best song
youtube.com/watch?v=Hc-RYsndSNw

Man the whole show was about rap man

If somone dislikes humanity would they dislike the show

>I started laughing, is there something wrong with me?
Pretty sure that was the expected ironic reaction. You're supposed to find it funny that a religious "family man" has to decide between letting his family live as demons or kil them as per his religious convictions.

Hypothetically if Akira somehow managed to win the war and kill Satan, what would God do?
Would he just restart the loop or just let humanity/devilmen enjoy their victory?

Read Devilman Lady.

I quite liked it but wanted more "Yuasa moments" like the rave in the first episode

>All the guys I liked died
Everyone did dude

>Homos are demons
I fucking know it.

youtube.com/watch?v=LiLJoBTZKX0

All things considered, I think it was a decent adaptation.

>this level of S E E T H I N G

This. It's (or Violence Jack) probably what's coming next before Devilman Crybaby S2. All of Nagai's franchises are in essentially one universe, but between several tennuously separated dimensions. Hell would be one of those dimensions. Demons are essentially immirtal ib that when they die, they go to hell; we've seen they can actually ESCAPE hell. Taro becoming some kind of larva demon in this canon interests me for that specific reason.

No way in hell. Already SJWs are shitting on Lady hard because baaaw rape i'm triggered.

His all-white bougie millennial minimalism aesthetic is a worse sin than the faggotry desu.

Yea it was lame

>baww i'm triggered
Go Nagai's smile and optimism: restored.

>Even bloodstained, you are beautiful Sirene

to be fair the mom and dad deserved it

Tare just wanted some meat but they had to force their faggy vegan ways on him. Its only natural he turn into a devil

? there's a devilman crybaby s2 in the works? how?

Sirene was worst girl

she just wants that Amon dick.

>Miki’s tan lines.