Realistically, how could Akira have beaten the demons?

Realistically, how could Akira have beaten the demons?
Could he have revealed that he was a Devilman earlier and done a better job at banding a Devilman/Human army or was it all just hopeless to begin with?

Other urls found in this thread:

sophiaandthedragon.com/sophia/gnosticism.htm
bibliotecapleyades.net/mistic/mistic_38.htm
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aamon
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If he'd revealed himself to the public on his own terms rather than letting the public swallow Ryo's bullshit he might've made it work. A grand entrance in which he defeats a rampaging demon and addresses everyone would've gone down much better than whatever the fuck ended up happening.

Yeah, Ryo just shows doctored footage and specifically says to kill others before they kill you.

Could Akira have explained the whole thing about devilmen in a way that doesn't make people go paranoid?

I think monster suddenly emerging and fighting a bigger monster that's posing a threat to humans would instantly get the humans to trust that monster and then he could explain the DevilMen and restore hope
which is honestly what I was really expecting.

Akira could have easily retained his identity that way too

>Realistically, how could Akira have beaten the demons?

He never could have, even the start.

The whole point is that human nature and our society will collapse in the face of this kind of threat. It's literally wired into us to form groups and be distrustful of "others", and the demons as presented are the perfect attack to exploit our biological programming.

Everything goes to shit because of Ryo. Akira was only ever a small cog in the grand scheme. Satan is fucking unkillable aside from God bombarding the earth with angels and heavenly light and resetting everything. Submit to Ryo's homolust before he fucks over the world, or inevitably get swallowed up in the malice of both demon and human.

wait. what was even the point of making Akira into devilman? couldnt Ryo still carry out his plan without him?

In the original manga, he did so because he fell in love with Akira and wanted him to survive the apocalypse with him.

Wait I thought Akira got his powers from some glass demon head he put on him before the nightclub.

>wait. what was even the point of making Akira into devilman? couldnt Ryo still carry out his plan without him?

I'm putting the manga at the top of my must read
thanks

I really need to finish it as well. I stopped after, like, two volumes just because I wasn't expecting the balls out ending that was going to come. After watching Crybaby, I really need to see the original's finale.

wait. I thought ryo was lucifer and that other dude was satan and they were different people.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Never had a chance. Psycho Jenny even mentions that Lucifer is still injured from his fight with God, but Akira still didn't come close.

how come God didn't come down to stop Lucifer/save the humans?

because ryo is a fallen angel and his/her brother is michael. so lucifer also satan? then whos the guys with the 3 heads?

"Satan, you're doing exactly what god did, and in this moment, I am you. Cease now, and let us fug on the surface of the moon foreverafter."

God's kind of an asshole like that. Only cares about teaching his wayward daughterson a lesson.

3-heads is Zenon, the second in command. Lucifer = Satan.

God does intervene - to stop the 7th Fleet from starting a nuclear holocaust. Taking Crybaby alone, it's unclear if God's just slow ("quick, we've got to eat all the humans before God gets here) or simply unconcerned with humanity; looking at Devilman as a whole, the latter seems more likely - i.e., that God only really cares about punishing Satan, and is indifferent to everything else.

100% correct. Fucking show missed or butchered so many important scenes that underlined the themes in the manga.

>Fucking show missed or butchered so many important scenes that underlined the themes in the manga.
The show was about empathy, user. New adaptation, new focus.You can bitch about it if you like, but the change was completely intentional.

This is definitely true in the manga, but they NEVER FUCKING MENTIONED RYO FALLING IN LOVE WITH AKIRA IN THE SHOW. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, just that crybaby mishandled so much shit from the manga that they never actually got around to saying this. And I don't feel like it was implied at all. Apart from their warm reunion at the start of the show, most of Ryo and Akira's interactions are cold and disconnected. I fucking hated this adaptation.

"Why didn't I do this?!?"

he is a brainlet after all

They cut that out in Crybaby - mostly because it's kind of pointless in light of how Akira isn't the only Devilman.

nah g

The big glass head only showed a vision of when demons ruled the Earth, it didn't give Akira his powers. Plus it later turned out to be a fake prop and it was really Psycho Jenny who put the vision in his head.

What would Akira do if he had knowledge of the future after becoming Devilman for the first time?

Realistically the only way to beat them is persuading Satan to end the war and that he was acting retarded, which in the manga could have happened. Assuming Akira doesn't act retarded like an angry monkey too, the main problem would have been Xenon who has his own faction and fucking hates Akira and staged part of what led to his fight with Satan.

There's no realistic way for any of them to actually best Satan. You see it in the manga where Satan accidentally one shots Akira.

*blocks your path*

I'm sorry to break this to you but two points, the events would still happen without Satan doing that:
1) The hysteria in the manga was caused by Zenon leading an attack on the human world with a telepathic message across the globe simultaneously.
2) Humans don't give a fuck about. The government had ready torture facilities they used to capture, torture, kill and experiment on devilmen, devils, and humans (Miki's parents were tortured to death by humans here).

yea no it wouldn't work with autistic Satan in Crybaby, if they spell out Satan loves Akira then it defeats the purpose of Satan feeling pain losing Akira at the end, realizing he loves him. So in Crybaby satan kinda just ensured Akira's survival without realizing why.

What's so special about Amon anyway?

Yuasa said he did, though.

Was the harpy a real high ranking demon because she had the same headwings as Satan?

supposedly he's a toptier demon too, like zenon. altho i guess Akira just sucks using Amon's power as even Silene almost killed him.

>He never could have, even the start.
He could, if he had actually like communicated with Satan instead of fighting him for a decade or so, stomping on humans too with his rage. It took five seconds of non war between them to solve shit- but both were too caught on war to stop and think. That's why is a manga about human stupidity and not good vs evil.

yea but like why did Ryo ask for amon to get into Akira?

Is it cause he thought that would make Akira looks the most like Devilman from the anime in the show?

cause maybe Satan didn't like Amon that much and Zenon was like "nah fuck off imma not doing that" ? It was never explained in the manga tho, he probably just picked a strong ass demon to give to Akira.

Akira was unnecessary. Satan's love lobotomized Amon, who was a strong demon general, gimping Satan's own side (which Zenon furiously points out this) so this beta nip would survive this all. It was unconscious reflect too, since Ryo didn't remember he was Satan.

In other Devilman works where Ryo/Satan don't appear (Zenon usually is the enemy, but Grimoire has Solomon), Akira, the human, dies and is possessed by the demon. Akira is fucked without Satan's ridiculous crush on him.

Did'nt he defeat satan in the sequel?

I haven't read the source material or watched any of the older anime/ova/movie but I felt like he never stood a chance. This is motherfucking Satan we are talking about. His rank was like right after God before he fell.

I mean Violence Jack or Devillady or something?

Pretty much this. You'll have to deal with Zenon, though.

Was'nt he killed by other angels in the manga?
Was'nt there a video in OVAs where a bunch of demons kill an angel?

No.
In Violence Jack, it's Amon who 'fights' Satan who doesn't fight back and later just leaves that world he made (he fucking made that world, guys, and brought people back to life - including Miki). Satan WANTS to be punished, all was made to hurt him/her. So Amon is in charge of it.

Presumably, it was what he needed to feel better about what happened and finally go back to Earth for Devilman Lady.

You can't beat Satan unless Satan is depressed to fight back. Even Michael got his ass kick out the planet originally and only sneaked in when Satan didn't want to fight because of what happened in Devilman. Satan is ridiculously OP.

All good. K-pop Ryo doesn't deserve it though, even if the Satan's sex hair is nice.

So in this story world Satan and other heavenly things are from somewhere far away in space and Satan drifted into space until he found earth and the dinosaurs but the dinosaurs were actually demons and then God fucked them with holy meteors?

If by defeat you mean "join Satan and go and fight God."

>none where Satan marries Devilman in a white suit
Missed opportunity

Why did Satan suddenly get boobs though?

This is the story of the manga. The anime changed it.
1/2

All angels are hermaphrodites as self-sufficient and perfect here, although some are more clearly feminine like Satan and others more butch/masculine like Michael.

2/3

If Satan can one shot whole demon race whats the point in him joining the team if god can presumably one shot satan?

The artist just chose to express him as a hermaphroditic creature.

Classic baphomet picture has boobs. Pic related.

God isn't omnipotent here. If he were, he would still have Satan by his side and he clearly wants Satan back. Devilman Lady explains that Creation can grow out God's hands, humans do by evolving into demons or gods (the label is interchangeable). It also calls Satan, "Sophia".
sophiaandthedragon.com/sophia/gnosticism.htm
Devilman is more inspired by Gnosticism and sci-fi plus Nagai's own idea than by Christianity.

It's not just Satan, all Nagai's angels are the same.

bibliotecapleyades.net/mistic/mistic_38.htm
Wow.

I mean whats the point in him joining?He was shitting his pants at the mere sight of god.So god must be really more powerful than him right?(Consdering he can reset universe and satan's state every time he does it?)

How the fuck is hibernating for 2 millions years supposed to help you fight better?

That was because was amnesiac. Satan won in the past in the manga, something the anime changed. The planet was evolving outside God's control with Satan's protection which gets back to it in the new earth made after a while.

Many asian religions depicts/describes divine beings as gender nuetral.Maybe Go got the idea from it?

The way I see it, it's not really a reset. It's a meteor attack. If you can resist the attack you can fight back. Just need to be strong enough.

Maybe you'll dream of a better plan?

Apparently, that's a quick beauty nap. These creatures don't measure time like us.

They were tired and took a break to restore their strength. Considering the angels didn't even make a move they were exhausted too.

He stopped Moscow from being nuked in the manga
And then he sends his angels to fuck up satan at the end

Maybe one of the reasons why the ending of the Crybaby felt rushed and 'edgy'(As humans were being stupidly paranoid) was that it is no longer the cold war.

But who would win between Devilman and Cyborg 009?

satanist is secretly furries arent they?

They call it Crybaby but he doesn't cry that much.
A little at the start. Then none at all. Then again when the family that has taken care of him for most of his life dies. The last one seems completely justified.

The angels do shit to Satan in the manga. They just carpetbomb the planet.

Pretty sure he got it from some old Christian texts
Y'all do realize that "Amon" is an actual demon that monks wrote about 500+ years ago yeah? Even the description of it is similar to Devilmans appearance
Nagai literally believes hes a reincarnation of a medieval Priest. He had a Christian wedding too. Yeah of course he draws a bit from Asian mythology simply because hes asian but his student Ishikawa was the one to really lean hard into asian mythology

You'd have to be.

Amon is also a demon listed in Ars Goetia, user.

This is the one im thinking of
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aamon
A serpentine tail, a raven wings on his head? Doglike fur? Sounds alot like Nagai was aware of this mythological beastie at least

I have a better question: why the fuck does every Devilman do the chad dash in their human form yet somehow, besides Akira, become slow as shit in demon form?

Dramatic tension

>He is also an entity many looked to reconcile friends and foes, and procure love for those seeking it.
Go Nagai guy knows his demons all right.

>Akira's parents, brought up and killed in the same episode
Was I supposed to feel something here? Their relationship had no buildup prior to that episode and as I recall was not mentioned again after the next episode
>Hints at Akira struggling with some inner turmoil, going on demon killing sprees and saying he feels as though he was losing himself.
Addressed with "here's some money go have sex" and then literally never brought up again
>Mentioned that a demon may have experienced some type of love, contrary to what is fundamental about demons. Brought up for one episode and then never mentioned again
> Literally zero characters having any character development whatsoever besides Miki #2 realizing she's gay
How was this good? Because of the tits?

So what is significant about Amon? Why did Ryo want him specifically to be put inside Akira?

>Realistically, how could Akira have beaten the demons?

He literally never stood a chance.

It was part of what made the original series so bold: having a protagonist that ultimately fails at every turn to achieve any long-term victories, loses everything and everyone he loves, has his faith in humanity shattered, and in the end after completely failing everyone by abandoning humanity and contributing to driving the rest of the demons and devilmen in to extinction through in-fighting, doesn't even succeed at beating his most hated enemy.

Amon was the strongest demon in existence. Ryo wanted Akira to fuse with him solely because he wanted Akira to survive the destruction of mankind and join him in his fight against god. Zenon in the original manga even pointed out how Satan basically hamstrung his own plan to defeat god by doing this.

>Was I supposed to feel something here?
Yes you sociopath, you were supposed to feel sorry for Akira having to kill his own parents.

How does Amon being inside Akira hamstring the plan, realistically? How the fuck was he meant to beat god anyway?

Again I would have felt something if there was some build up or prior explanation of where the fuck his parents were, how he felt about them and what their deal was but all of it was hamfisted into one episode making the whole interaction feel hollow and dull

>How does Amon being inside Akira hamstring the plan, realistically?
Satan says in the manga that the demons actually succeeded at driving god and the angels off of earth in their first battle. They only waited so long for their final battle so they could gather the strength necessary to wage their final war on god and defeat him once and for all.

Akira wresting control of Amon's power, gathering his own army of Devilmen, and waging his own war against Demons that leads to Satan's entire army being destroyed is kind've a textbook example of hamstringing your own plan.

Yeah that ties into the themes of the story splendidly

>and then never mentioned again
Imagine paying as little attention to an anime as this fag
Get an Adderall prescription

>demons can possess anyone at any time and only pure hearted people can control them
Yeah, that's bullshit, you can't beat that.

not really pure, just have to be mentally strong. in other words, goodbye depressiontards.

Only the pure of heart and chad survive

Got this in a higher res?