Isekai thread part 2: Electric Boogaloo

>Start reading Realist Hero
>Isn't half bad at the start - it's nice to see the MC get by building up society instead of going full overpowered cheat
>Read volume 2
>The former King's three lords all do not trust Soma
>Hell yeah, time for some confli-
>One was pretty much already faithful to him, the second is a total idiot who only opposed Soma because of the third lord pretending to oppose Soma to keikaku the corrupt lords
>Turns out Soma always had the upper hand all along
>Now he's making idol programs

why

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FDt4ulUnBrc
pixiv.net/member.php?id=12739740
novelupdates.com/series/akuyaku-tensei-dakedo-doushite-kou-natta/
novelupdates.com/series/nidoume-no-jinsei-wo-isekai-de/
j-novel.club/v/new-life-young-again-in-another-world-vol-1
twitter.com/jnovelclub/status/952054467851010048
novelupdates.com/series/oh-no-after-i-reincarnated-my-moms-became-son-cons/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That girl looks familiar

Why is that girl a fucking Saberface

Saberface is the future embrace it

one of us one of us one of us one of us

Did you know the author got banned on narou and the WN got taken down because of that idolshit song or whatever which infringed some copyright shit?

HEY FUCKFACE DON'T START THE THREAD WITH GENERAL ESQUE OPS, DO YOU WANNA HEAT FROM THE MOD TEAM?

Nani?

She was singing the first zeta gundam OP

I really tried reading this novel but as someone who has read quite a bit of economics it fucking infuriates me.

he relocated the story on another site and even got that LN published so good for him I guess but there was a pretty big uproar due to narou administration asking him to remove the song and he didn't comply.

yep thats the one great opening by the way

I like how the narrator presents things from the future perspective, as in "this was a very good plan for the kingdom, but historians agree that the king didn't matter at all and it's all thanks to his lords."
Too bad he never struggles with anything, either his lords fix it for him, or his plan works out perfectly.

Nip authors nowadays can't into conflict. Wonder what made them scared of creating actual hurdles for their MCs.

Aye, caught me by suprise when i was reading it, a nice one at that.
Would love to see it animated just for that scene

>brought up in a society where harmony with other is the ideal (and often strictly "enforced")
>thinking this WOULDN'T show up in fiction

There can be only one!

She's a qtpie tho, rare nowadays in the isekai scene

Man, you haven't even gotten to the time-travel.

Chinese authors have it way worse, if they don't make the mc the strongest their entire fanbase turns against them and they start receiving death threats.

Reminds me of RtW and how the MC can only bang the first girl cause the author's wife said so.

Because conflict brings actual conflict in real life, user. If you kill someone's favorite waifu, rage and threats.
>b-but girls get denied all the time in other LN
That is true. Okay, well what about people not liking your development? See now you've got a problem on your hands.
>so what? all the readers care about is the interactions and girls anyways
Well, that is true. I guess you should just have them go on adventures and have fun all the time.
>no we hate that too
Then what do you want?

Blessing of the shield hero so this thread doesn't fall for the shitposting menace

too late

He finally starts trying to produce an heir with his waifu in the latest volume, about time too.

The idol programs are a form of cultural warfare.

By the way are you reading the official LN version or the WN? LN version of volume 2 changes things from the WN to highlight the MC's vulnerability as he nearly has a nervous breakdown from the pressure of the war with the neighboring country.

>bringing music to isekai

>Has music
>Doesn't build a nuke

>see this
what do?

i'm here
Anyone wanna discuss some shieldbros?

why are they fishing in tetris world?

Go for the eyes to save the girl being raped
Then rape the other one.

So RtW won't have a harem ever? Good thing I stopped reading it since I'm a big haremfag.

it's not tetris. it's umihara kawase youtube.com/watch?v=FDt4ulUnBrc

I'm genuinely curious
How would one make the isekai "genre" fresh and new while building off what has been previously established?
For lack of a better term, has there been a real "deconstruction" of the genre to see it's nuts and bolts? I think that's what this type of story needs is a successful deconstruction, or rather something that's viewed as a deconstruction without actually being so like your Madoka and Evas and whatnot.

I think he's in the works so nightgale can get the royal D, but yes no harem is happening in RtW.

Good wife.

It's mainly the characters that are stupid, most of the time the antagonists which is why Re: Zero works. If you can make good characters, isekai runs itself. If you have trashy nobles and such, the story will suck regardless of every skill you put into it.

What's the point of introducing a legion of beautiful witches including the imouto and another intelligent woman if MC will only be with Anna? That sucks.

Because the artist is a huge Fatefag: pixiv.net/member.php?id=12739740

The first one could just be killed, that also works.

Until a actual writer picks the genre, the best thing you gon get is konosuba and even that can't escape the traps of the genre
This is what you get when literal whos that came from japan's version of fanfic archive get their own novels.

Plot devices so roland get his tech done

How come nobody has ever written an isekai about a gambler NEET who is summoned to another world?

>Protag is a gambler in a shitty situation, also heavily in debt to Yakuza
>One day wakes up and realizes he's in a fantasy setting, he also woke up in the gambling district of the city he is in
>MC decides he's just going to become the greatest gambler ever and use his only skills of getting lucky at slot machines and card games to make money and a name for himself
>Protag becomes famous to the point he draws the attention to the kind, turns out one of the people who is the king's advisor is one of the main yakuza members who MC owes money too in a revealed shocking twist

This basically writes itself

That's fair.You can have the best story in the world, but if your characters are shit than it's not going anywhere

After all, most the problems of isekai series usually stem from worthless MCs either figuratively or literally.

>gambler NEET
>use his only skills of getting lucky at slot machines and card games to make money

Sounds like that one volume of Konosuba.

Any good female-MC isekai Sup Forums? I've read Bakarina, Keikoken, and Bakamille. Prefereably not chinksekai.

Basically No Game No Life.

Eliza for that sweet sweet vlad tepes action
novelupdates.com/series/akuyaku-tensei-dakedo-doushite-kou-natta/

kumo desu ga

Eliza, Yurushia, Maine, Iris, Reika,

Does this count?

I actually got an idea for something like that after watching Kakegurui
>MC is a compulsive gambler whom everyone has given up on
>he unknowingly bets his soul with a succubus and she wins it
>She offers to return his soul on one condition
>To become a "hero" of another world and defeat her boss the demon ruler or whatever
>Once defeated she'll take their place in the power vacuum and become the new ruler and conquer the other world
>he's forced to comply and shenanigans and character development ensue

Magic Knight Rayearth is pretty aces

The spin off of Law of Ueki is more or less that but with higher stakes.

There's also book cunt.

Hopefully with the new Sakura anime there is a resurgence in CLAMP related media. I would love to see an X/1999 remake maybe by Ufotable or Kyoani.

novelupdates.com/series/nidoume-no-jinsei-wo-isekai-de/
This thingy just got licensed

j-novel.club/v/new-life-young-again-in-another-world-vol-1

The title doesn't sound inspiring but maybe it'll suprise me, it's made it to 16 volumes somehow.

I've read the manga, so I'll pass on reading it again in novel form. I can't handle clamp artsyle in rayearth though.

Isn't Reika is in Keikoken and Eliza is this one ? I know this is spoonfeed, no need to be that hard on me user.

Fran in swordtesnei if you like cute easygoing and sometimes bloodlusting catgirls with a goal and drive. And if your okay with genderbender Mira by extension she professed herself the pupil of a wiseman. But Id only suggest those if you can stand jrpg mechanics. I think both series have just the right amount of slice of life and action bits for me.

>Law of Ueki
Holy shit somebody who remember that?

Anything worth trying out besides RtW and Faraway Hero. I know about FILWTV but considering it has no current translators I'd read that last out of those.

Muv Luv

Overlord, Shield Hero, Konosuba

>faraway hero
why does nothing appear on google user? what novel is this?

He means Paladin.

Already read the trilogy and I was destroyed.
Already got all the way through Shieldbro WN back before the LN got very far. Got partway through Overlord but the fucking Lizardman arc bored me and it's on hold for now. Is it worth forcing myself through? For Konosuba should I just start from the beginning or pick up where the anime left off?
This, sorry.

twitter.com/jnovelclub/status/952054467851010048

Paladin volume 4 is starting up again

Speaking of licensed title, it's kinda a bummer that no one didn't attempt to scan the Log Horizon novel. Especially Yen Press has the teaser for Kanami's spinoff.

hey guys i've never read an isekai recommend me one you enjoyed.

Mushoku Tensei or Shield Hero.

Straight up skip the lizard volume, only the interludes and the ending matters in that waste of paper, cause shit gets way WAY better after that horrible arc.
Start from where the anime left off, anime did a great job for adaptation so you can rest easy on that.

Got a volume/chapter number for Konosuba pick up?

Take this garbage on your way home.
novelupdates.com/series/oh-no-after-i-reincarnated-my-moms-became-son-cons/

Konosuba, Overlord, and Grimgar
There, happy reading

>how come no one has ever
Just stop search narou and you'll find anything
異世界賭博師 ―ギャンブラー悪澤、国盗伝―
Other world(isekai) gamber- Gambler Akuzawa's country stealing legend
異世界で、ケジメつけます!
I'll settle the debt, in Another World!

You can probably find much more.

Fucking finally
>PART 1
same deal as volume 3 then?
Volume 5 my man.

>Reika is in Keikoken
Perhaps, never heard it abbreviated like it.
>Eliza is this one
Think you've messed up quotes, but yeah.

I also quite like Lizbeth and Lycoris, but your mileage may vary.

risou no himo

I've heard a lot of people complain about KonoSuba becoming typical fantasy and less comedy. Does the quality keep up?

Zero no Tsukaima.

The title user, typing Lizbeth, Yurushia, Maine or any of your words in novelupdates didn't yield any results.

how far are you into the Shieldbro LN?

Author dropped the ball in volume 10, but he picked it up in 11, so its not THAT bad.

a story with ACTUAL good plot progression, character development and world building without many asspulls
>hur durr

Man I haven't even started. I wasn't sure whether it was worth it since I finished the WN or even where I should start if I did, considering.

how different is the shiedbro LN from the WN? Is it better?

Google, user.

It doesn't have the god awful ending
That's enough for me

You can skip the entire lizardman arc and lose nothing. Just read intro and end of it and you'll get the entirety of it without filler. I still can't fathom why he wasted an entire novel on that shit when the rest of it was amazing, I guess to set pace for how strong the guardians are or something which doesn't make sense since the Lizardmen are like slightly strong trash mobs.

If LN follows manga or vice versa, I'd read LN / Manga since they diverge hard from WN. It's way better honestly.

No, Volume 4 is just one volume. This is prepublication version so they release it online in a series of 8 parts one per week, then release the whole thing on stores like Amazon right after. So this is part 1 of 8 and the next part comes next week.

well if you ever start then i reccomend you read up to chapter 13 of the manga and then move to vol 3 or just start from vol 1. there's a lot of changed stuff starting from vol 3. Such as melty appearing earlier, and the wave's outcome

it's not even finished yet

So basically just start fresh with the LN?

I'm sure the lizard man arc was some unholy d&d session he had to DM'it

>skipping
Fuck off, either read it or drop it.
Overlord doesn’t need more brainlets.

Wait, is this new? Gyaru isekai sounds like something I'll want to read.

Don't ruin my hopes shieldbro, pls

You lose nothing from skipping what is the most disgusting filler in what's otherwise a terrific story besides some off-comment by the giant rodent to them in the basement. Wow.

And he made us suffer with it.

GIVE ME 3 REASONS THE LIZARD ARC IS GOOD NIGGA
3 REASONS
GO

How come Shield Hero can't just suck in everything with his shield? Like wouldn't it just eat all the air?