Why do adults prefer CGDCTs than battle shounens?

Why do adults prefer CGDCTs than battle shounens?

Your taste changes when you grow up.

As to why I prefer cute girls now is that I realized that battle shonen are stupid.

I don't like either.

They are equally stupid, but as an adult you want to see something that gives a good vibe instead of something """serious""", because your real life is shit.

a true adult accepts that both are garbage, 95% of the time. mitsuboshi colors being the perfect example.

I just like what I like.

Fap to get rid of sexual urges. Watch cgdct to get rid of fatherly urges.

When you're a kid you know that being a kid sucks and you want to grow up. When you're an adult you don't remember how bad it used to suck when you were younger and you want to be a kid again because of how being an adult sucks.

>childhood is liking (genre I don't like)
>adulthood is liking (genre I do like)

Because I want to be a CGDCT too. The life as an adult male is shit.

of the 5% I mean

I prefer something along the lines of Ikkitousen; the worst of both and the best of neither.

>Not being able to enjoy both

CGDCT takes a very high IQ to appreciate whereas battle shounens are for brainlets.

CGDCT is written for adults, battle shounen is written for little boys.

Because as you grow older and gain experience you begin to realize and eventually finally accept that lolis are the only true and right way.

t-this

this. Personally I'll watch anything with either good visuals or a good story most of the time

>Kids
Want larger than life adventures where their Id and delusions of godhood are unleashed

>Adults
Wanna go back to the innocent times where everything was simple, non-threatening, and not constant suffering/existential dread. Plus chilluns are cute.

Shonen generally starts promising then shits the bed. CGDCT remains consistent and delivers what it's set to do.

Adults have the patience to enjoy something slow, relaxing with genuine emotions. Kids just want to see battles, explosions and powerlevels.

Because as you grow up, you realize that there is enjoyment to be had in slower things as well. Either that, or you become a jaded faggot who can't find enjoyment in anything.
I love cute girl shows, slow-paced shows with more than just cute girls, shounen-type shows and sports shows all the same
Feels great having grown to love anime more and more as I got older instead of becoming a no fun allowed faglord

Why is blue heiling hitler

Because when I get home from my 12 hour shift at the salt mine I want to watch simple cute things solve simple problems.

Cool is for boys

Cute is for men

Permavirgins like you will never have a child, so it’s okay you can’t relate, faggots.

This.

The only children are the ones who can't appreciate multiple different genres of entertainment.

I swear to god, Mitsuboshi Colors is the single most cute thing I've ever seen in my life.

Had a spare one.

Are they too pure to lewd?

You know the colors, I ugh, it turns me on. I don't why it does.

I think they're up there with Yotsuba.

>too pure to lewd
No such thing. Please don't listen to the normalfags who only got into anime recently and spread this demonization of sexuality, or else it will be too late by the time you realize that Japan never gave a fuck about that.

I don't think it's just a case of black and white "I like watching cute girls doing cute things", if it was just that, every CGDCT show would be a success and look at Hinako Note.

The most loved CGDCT shows are the ones that have a good atmosphere, music, art and characters which can be enjoyed by everyone, but often these shows are something you can watch and unwind while watching, they provide some escapism from the mundane everyday life people get use to as adults, hence the same reason TV shows like Planet Earth II and Blue Planet did so well, people like good escapism and to be able to turn their minds off and enjoy something far away from where they are. The most beloved shows of all have deeper themes running within them, the most common of which is Mono no Aware, and to really appreciate that you need to be older to feel the parallels with the feelings of nostalgia experience by the characters as they've aged and changed.

At some point you realize that action just gets in the way of developing characters.

t. Tumblr

I like how you can already tell what chapters we'll be getting from the OP alone.

The modelling one is going to be amazing.

I know you're saying that's where you came from but I don't see how that's relevant since it was obvious.

Sacchan unironically looks amazing with her hair down. Jesus.

when you're younger you have friends

I kerognize that hat....

I love this OP way too much.

I dunno OP, I'm pretty sure there are more adults reading One Piece than there are reading Kirara stuff.

"adults"

The Ichigo Mashimaro of our generation. Hopefully it becomes another guiding light to unaware lolicon fellows out there.

Parental instinct

>CGDCT
>current year
We into CMDCT now.

The first episode just wasn't funny.

Yeah. Adults. People over the age of 21. Housewives, the old police officer on the corner, the trendy dude that runs the streetwear shop, the failed Ronins, the outstanding students, the rising-up the ranks office workers, to the husks that is the dead-end salarymen.

I'm not saying One Piece is some crazy masterpiece or anything, I like it, I think it's fun, but to say that there's less people reading it than there is a cute little manga running in a magazine like Dengeki Daioh is dumb. And I'm pretty confident there's more normal adults reading it than a Katsuwo series.

If you wanna go about how they're "the uneducated masses with shit taste" or "surface level plebians" or whatever is another story, but saying they're not adults just because they read a different variant of Kawakawan Wall Painting is a bit egotistical on your end.
We're talking about manga here bud. In the end, it's just something a lot of people read for fun.

Kids and juveniles tend to like shounenshit because it's an outlet for their immature hormone-fueled fantasies of self-projecting power-tripping adventures of battle tournaments and the power of FRIENDSHIP.
Adults tend to like cute girls doing cute shit because they already lived enough to know how shitty society and human relations are in general, and they know these kind of shows don't pretend to have a plot so they watch it to relax and be healed.

But adults don't watch anime...

If someone would make a cute girl battle shounen with CGDCT interludes between each arc I'd be all over that shit.

this

That was garbage though

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”
why the fuck does this quote never stop being useful

I honestly just watch what i find good/kino, no genre preference at all.

>kino
Please don't force yourself to fit in.

Because the internet is filled with kids.

Oh my god, that was C.S Lewis? Huh.

That's pretty spot on actually.
Part of the reason I love my fluff is because I know how shitty the world actually is and I need levity so I don't inch that much closer towards the end of a noose.

what if I like CGDCT and super powered people blowing shit up?

Doesn't that exist? Hina Logi from a couple of seaons ago was close, though it was kind of light on the battle part.

So a magical girl series then?

I mean i got no problem watching a episode of hidamari sketch followed by a episode of DBZ or some shit.

fpbp

For me, it's the puffy vulva.

/thread

Most people on Sup Forums are autists who think they have to pick a side in most things and shitpost whatever they didn't pick.

Magical girl series are rather distinct from standard battle shounen stuff.

I want to have a private coloring session with the Leader

wch mitsubishi wud u color?

you need to have a high IQ to appreciate CGDCT
shounen is for the type of audience who watch marvel/DC movies unironically

I watched shonen anime when I was younger in the early 2000s. Watched Ghibli films, Digimon, Pokemon, Yugioh, Dragon Ball, and Yu Yu Hakusho. Didn't watch anime during high school because a lot of it seemed too edgy for me and didn't think there was much to moe. It was only when I was 22 I discovered K-On and it made me nostalgic for some reason, whether I experienced those things subconsciously or not. I regret being late discovering cgdct anime more than missing out on teenage love.

Define watching something "ironically".

to watch something not for personal enjoyment but to critique (read: shitpost about it) and bullshit over how bad it is

>you need to have a high IQ to appreciate CGDCT
Why is nearly every CGDCT fan so hilariously insecure?

wow, that sounds incredibly pathetic

This is the answer. Most of Sup Forums probably couldn't wait to grow up, then once they are adults they realize life is even worse. So enjoy your lack of responsibilities, underage fags.

that's what 90% of every board does that discusses media

t. 10 year old mha fan

Yeah but they're not REAL adults because they don't like the same things I like.

>t. 10 year old mha fan
I like both genres you meme'ing retard.

that just means you have double the shit taste

What about Cute Girls Doing Shounen Things? Is that why Precure is so popular?

I don't like either.

Because as you grow older, repetitive shonens do not make your blood pumping anymore.
Repetitive CGDCTs still make your dick blood pumping though.

Both are trash, grow up.

This. Instead you should watch mature anime for mature people like you.

>Why do adults prefer CGDCTs
I'm not. Literally can't stand CGDCT and 99% of SoL garbage. It's like man who watching soap opera and romance. I always associate CGDCT fans with students and "tf no gf" folks.

You must be 18 to post here.

>Why do adults prefer CGDCTs than battle shounens?
Because the kids are chasing dreams to escape boredom but the adults are seeking relaxation to escaper stressful reality.

This pretty much sums up how I feel. I enjoy both.

What's the 1% you consider good?

28 is not enough for you?
Aria, Yokohama, Mushishi, Shumatsu. This kind of things.

>Aria, Yokohama, Mushishi, Shumatsu. This kind of things.

Good good, move along.

Adults don't like moeshit.
Only man-children do.

And how would you know that you like the series you mentioned in without watching them? Three of those could count as the "SoL garbage" you hate for someone who's biased enough (which could even be you). Following that line of thought, how can you be sure that all that 99% you immediately dismiss will never appeal to you on the same level as those?

It's amazing how literally never stops working

battle shounens are for kids

Exactly the sort of post Reuenthal would make

I guess as you get older you prefer relaxing things.