2000s anime thread

A lot of these shows can't sustain their own threads, so I figured I could try this. Just started watching Nana and I'm really liking it. It's like they got people who know how to write conversations in ways that make them feel real.

Best period.

I liked it at first, but as the series continued, I found myself beginning to dislike Hatchi more and more.

>Nana will never ever be finished
;_;

Early/mid 2000's anime had the funniest reaction gif material, with pic related being the greatest goldmine of reaction gifs that I've ever seen.

Thankfuly, as the series progressed the characters became despicable as hell, making bad decisions in their lives constantly to fuel more drama for the sake of drama.

Overman King Gainer is unironically the greatest mecha show of that decade, and the best Tomino work.

Well, this sounds troublesome

I honestly don't like Nana, must be one of those series where only the intended demographic can truly understand, both of the Nanas problems felt ridiculous to me and their actions as the manga progressed pissed me off, it just isn't for men, or certain types of men.

Will Nana ever be relicensed and rereleased?

Why? Rekindle a license a manga where the licensee doesn't even know if the series will end? From a financial standpoint that is not a good deal. It's like trying to buy the publishing rights for a manga that got axed, no will do that.

Author took maternity leave and never got back, genius move.

I meant the anime, not the manga. It seems like something Rightstuf might try and pick up.

huh, she reminds me of Misaka Mikoto from this angle

She got some serious shit and went to the hospitall with it. Then she healed but her hand was too unsteady to continue Nana. She released some chapters of Junko room (Nana's omake joke chapters) but that's about it. She is too shy to continue drawing I think.

I think it went to the righteous direction like Ren had those death flags since his reappearance in the story and those who had chemistry between them but wasn't going for relationship for retarded reasons eventually got over themselves as they aged up.

In general, it's hard to like Nana for people who can't accept people being irrational.
Irrational beings do impulsive and stupid shit all the time alongside with fun and kind stuff. Hachi is emotional and impulsive, that's why she acts on her reactions and not common sense, but that is also the reason behind her sincere kindness her friends love her for, she just wanted to treat them so she cooked for them and bough them things. Nana is more stoic but she is also rebellious, that's why she reacted the way she did when shit hadn't gone her way at all with Hachi and she was unable to change or influence anything in it. Maybe that's the reason she ran away in the future arc: to try and to take control over her life again by abandoning the mess of the previous one.

Bitches and Betas: The Anime

>cheating is okay if he has money
Fuck that manga

>Tfw I loved gravitation as a child
I still don't understand why but that op was popping.

Nana is good until the plot twist, then it turns into a love triangle soap opera.

The two characters felt they were written for the sake of drama. It pisses me, and if I were to be honest, I just stayed on this ride because I am rooting for them (to be happy). Don't know why. Like this guy says , most of my problems with the characters is because they're impulsive. The worst offender in this is Hachi. That girl would've been happy with the Nobuo if she hadn't done that thing with that drummer (can't remember, the one with the long slick hair). 11/10 OST though.

I think she slept with the guy because he was her idol or some shit. Did she sleep with him before or after Nobuo?

Future arc?

Yeah its real comfy for, I wanna say 30 episodes, then it just becomes forced drama.

before and then after

Fucking slut.

Before and then when she's with Nobuo she finds out she's pregnant so she dumps him and picks the rich guy to be her baby's daddy.

Hajime no Ippo

Yeah, in the first part of the manga we had heroine's past stories before their meeting with each other on the train and after meeting ,"the present", mixed together.
Anime ends when the second part of the manga starts with fast forward to future with the Black Stones band and Hachi's child. In the second part of manga we see those glimpses of the characters' future lives where they try to find Nana and do other shit, while the main story continues to show how they would get to that point.

>2000-2002
Impressive, that show still looks pretty good

man I hated that shit so much, also her other kid totally looks like nobu, but i don't remember if they ever confirmed who is the father

I also like Brain Powered, but that's from the 90s

Friendly reminder this has /ss/ in it.

>That girl would've been happy with the Nobuo if she hadn't done that thing with that drummer (can't remember, the one with the long slick hair).
She wouldn't because Nobuo was still literally who and was not ready to give up his chances to succeed as a musician to take care for someone's kid at all. Takumi on the other hand was ready to take responsibility. I can't remember was it in the anime, but Hachi's motherly instinct kicked in hard and she wanted the child to survive no matter what, so there was no option for abortion.
Takumi might be insensible and douchebag at times but he did treat Hachi like a princess and gave her everything that she needed and more.
Both Nobu and Hachi were sad about this but also both of them accepted there was no other way to go through this and gave up on each other.

Picked back up

>and was not ready to give up his chances to succeed as a musician to take care for someone's kid at all.
Actually he was. He literally tells her to pick him, he won't question it and he'll be the father of the child but she needs to say it, even is she's going to lie. But she doesn't.

Ah thanks, I really do need to refresh my NANA. What's the update on Ai Yazawa? I really want her to finish NANA. Kinda sad that it's possible that it'll end prematurely.

That new kid and Reira? Isn't he a gigolo?

I think so? He's 16 iirc but he's written in a really shitty and tryhard way to seem cool.

>end prematurely
Just like Hachi's kid should've.

Has anyone found Nana BDRips? All I get is Spanish and Latino shit, and I know they're usually shit quality so every toaster can play it.

theres no point to those existing they would just be shitty upscales.

Hachi's the one that should've ended prematurely.

>Fruits Basket anime came out in 2001
for some reason this was kind of a meme anime around late 2008 or so

Can't even find non-Latino dvd rips.