Houseki no Kuni

>Cinnabar appeared on the cover of EVERY volume

but was intentionally hidden inside the folded part of the cover page.
>hidden protagonist comfirmed

Other urls found in this thread:

animebytes.tv/forums.php?page=2&action=viewthread&threadid=23523
youtube.com/watch?v=NVhXkQu5_Ig
archive.
nyaa.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Let's count together how many threads have been pruned

what happened with the other threads?

The one I made with Euc and Jade was archived.
If there were any others got deleted I guess.

Just means she's always in the back of Phos's mind.

Oh good, I had just finished the anime last night. I will be picking up the manga. How good was the adaptation? I'll probably read it all from the beginning, but how many chapters did the anime adapt?

It's better to have these threads when a new chapter comes out. We don't need a general.

definitely better to start from the beginning. It's a very faithful adaptation but there's some things that just can't be captured by the animated release

Yeah. I was planning on it, a truely perfect adaptation is incredibly rare, so when I do pick up a series after I watch the anime I usually start from ch 1 anyways. Good to know the anime was faithful, as I enjoyed it quite a lot.

It was a good adaptation, the last episode changed the order a bit because there really wasn't any good ending spot but the anime cover up ch.30.

Reminder to vote if you are on animebytes

animebytes.tv/forums.php?page=2&action=viewthread&threadid=23523

Quick, we need some actual discussion this time so the thread doesn't die.
So what does Shinsha's appearance mean?
Cinnabar is upside down but kind of facing the front in the first two, but she becomes right side up and facing away from us from volume 3 on. He stands further away from the front in volumes 7 and 8.
There must be some secret symbolism in these volume covers, or else it won't be so carefully designed.
What important thing occurs for Cinnabutt in volume 3? Volume 7 is where Phos becomes Laphos, right?

I just realized those faggots banned me for inactivity again.

Wait why the fuck didn't the lunarians ever attack during the night?

The latest chapters shows how fucking easy it is to abduct gems without anyone noticing.

those potato fuckers have a huge lead

>pic
The artist really fucked up the logo.

At night Sensei is asleep, and they want to preferably capture the gems while Sensei is watching for bigger psychological impact.

What said - Phos never forgot the promise to Cinnabar, even if it got warped a bit. Also the promise becoming less relevant than Phos' other goals is probably why Cinnabar is getting further away on the covers.

I mean if they attack at night, they have to make it into the school to get anyone, because Cinnabutt is too cute for them to abduct. Sensei is not guaranteed to be asleep, and there probably will be other gems busy working on other stuff, like Alex, who could warn everyone and btfo the moonies.
Why is the manga and even the art book sold out everywhere near where I live

>Houseki no Kuni (17.56%)
>Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou (19.21%)

We can still do it!

>tfw shinsha will never be relevant

Why aren't you guys playing Dwarf Fortress and modding your own gem people civilization?
You could be having roguelike adventures as whatever gem you want!

Or you know it's good writing- Cinnebar is always there.

That makes sense.

Could they even abduct Shinsha unless she lets himself get taken away?

>One of the main characters is always there on the inner flaps
Well, that's a given, just like Phos.

I want to lick Shinsha's inner flaps!

>playing dorf fort
Almost as autistic as dnd visual novel

I mean Shinsha would probably just squirt mercury everywhere if he was ground up, so I don't think the moonies can do that without killing all their pet slugs

you're not wrong

The more of phos that's broken away and replaced, the more of the mission to help Cinnabar is broken away and lost. But this doesn't mean she's gone. She's still there every night.

So far, cinnabar has changed position every two volumes. That means the next volume would have him move again. He's been moving further and further away each volume, so where would he be next volume? What's going to happen if Cinnabar disappears from the covers? I'm scared

>ยป Houseki no Kuni (18.27%)
we're catching up to those potatoes

He's closer in vol. 8 than in 7. Maybe he'll be on the back cover (as far away as possible) at one point, and then on the front.

I think last cover will probably have Cinnabar on the front cover.
Then in the folded part all of Phos pieces, covered in mercury

>the folded part of the cover page
eh those still exist?

S2 when

Don't you ever buy books? They usually come with dust covers.

When we've bought enough gems, blue ray's and other merch.

I'm guessing some combination of
>making a thread after one died without hitting the bump limit
>making one without any implicit topic of discussion
>nothing new to talk about

The English versions of the manga don't come with those, which is pretty shit given that you miss out on cool little things like hidden cinnabar

Are there only gems?

Fuck, Houseki no Kuni really does have a good aesthetic

What are you asking?

There are also rocks if you're interested.

do gembutts dream of crystalline sheep

>crystalline
Psst, that sheep's pretty much guaranteed to be amorphous.

What about metals? Or coal, or uranium

There's a metal one.

Can gems love other gems?

Wouldn't be the oddest affair we've seen. youtube.com/watch?v=NVhXkQu5_Ig

They aren't restricted to being gems, but rather minerals in general (and rocks, which are just multiple minerals). Gold and platinum can form crystals, so they fit the definition, as does ice.
The only exception is obsidian which isn't a crystal nor a mineral, but it's mineral-like.

I wonder how much a full set of gembutts made of their actual gem would cost

It depends on how large and perfect you want your crystals to be though

There's probably something about metal crystals that stops fully metal gembutts from appearing, you'd figure that there would some around otherwise.

1/8 scale, and as detailed as the gem can reasonably be cut
Phos would be pretty rough, maybe a couple others would too.

It would be expensive enough to fund season 2 and then some.

my wife pospopilizliz is very cute

Very.

The Lustrous, Lunarians, and Admirabilis all suffer from from the same problem: being emotionally and socially stunted and not really knowing any real purpose in their existence. The Lustrous eternally put off any questions or problems they have, the Lunarians actively seek ending their existence thinking that's the only solution to their problems, and the Admirabilis are stuck between the other two species' conflict and ennui and unable to really interact with them as a result. Removing any one species will not solve the problems of the other species.

>Gold and platinum can form crystals

Not only is every metal capable of this, but every metal and alloy known to man will prefer to be crystalline when solid (a few metals and alloys, usually very expensive such, can be forced to not form crystals under sufficiently extreme circumstances, such as cooling from liquid to room temperature in a millisecond). The crystals tend to be very small though, a fraction of a millimetre, so most items consist of a very large number of crystals. Sometimes we can get larger crystals though, you can often see different "fields" on the surface of galvanised steel for example, these are the different zinc crystals. For a few applications, microchips and jet turbine blades mostly, we sometimes go through the effort to create large blocks of material consisting of just a single crystal.

tl,dr; every piece of metal you'll ever touch is crystalline

These two were cute together, Bort ruins everything.

That's far bigger than any synthetic diamond ever created as far as I can tell. Maybe the Cullinan diamond could suffice for one curled up in fetal position. So if you got a spare twenty million lying around then you can just wait for them to find a new one, and hope no Saudi prince decides he wants it as well.

>every metal and alloy known to man
But what is the hardest metal known to man?

Agreed, nothing to add.
It also cool seeing new art appear almost every new thread.

>The Lustrous eternally put off any questions or problems they have
They're mostly incapable of change, so this makes sense. I guess it's pretty telling that the only one who comes off as mature is Padparadscha.
The different races all have their problems but I hope that becoming human again isn't going to be portrayed as the solution to their problems, they should be able to find their own path to progressing as a group.

I'm always on the lookout for new art

Thanks for that m80.

There are dnd visual novels?

I think he's refering to this.

This is your art for tonight.

>The English versions of the manga don't come with those
that's a sin, honestly

>The Lustrous, Lunarians, and Admirabilis all suffer from from the same problem: being emotionally and socially stunted and not really knowing any real purpose in their existence.
Makes sense, they each inherited only parts of human nature. They are, in all senses of the word, incomplete.

how do you fuck a rock Sup Forumsnons

Soft and tenderly.

>the Admirabilis are stuck between the other two species' conflict and ennui and unable to really interact with them as a result
This might be true, but if you take the 3 species as their own, the Admirabilis are the only ones who are actually capable of a full and complete life.
They can live on their own, have a full life with the same purpose of every irl creature, society, and don't need anything from the other species.
So I wouldn't say all 3 of them suffer from the same problem, rather than 2 of them, Lustrous and Lunarians, suffer from it, and the 3rd, the Admirabilis, suffer from the consequences of the the other 2 species suffering of their problem, which is not the same thing.

i don't want it

Maybe this is the fault of the lunarians, or we don't have the whole picture, but the Admirabillis appear to lead short lives if the 5 generations within 100 years comment is accurate, and in the huge timespan since humans split into different species they apparently haven't done anything to restore advanced civilisation (which incidentally requires them to be able to leave the water so they can use fire, but they seem to be able to do that at least for short periods). I think they are supposed to represent a species that is the opposite of the lustrous and lunarians in that they are too impermeable to accomplish much despite having the same intelligence as humans. Maybe we will see something different with Ventricosus' ancestors, but if the island the Lustrous are on really is the only landmass left on Earth, that would explain a lot.

Bort, boart or boort is a term used in the diamond industry to refer to shards of non-gem-grade/quality diamonds. In the manufacturing and heavy industries bort is used to describe dark, imperfectly formed or crystallized diamonds of varying levels of opacity. The lowest grade, crushing bort, is crushed by steel mortars and used to make industrial-grade abrasive grits. Small bort crystals are used in drill bits. The Democratic Republic of the Congo provides 75% of the world supply of crushing bort.

There is surprisingly few fanart of Lapis and Ghost despite them being close friends in the past.

I bet if we spent one week without threads the next threads would become way better.

>but was intentionally hidden
>isolated in-universe in her own community
>isolated in meta by her creator

This is next level suffering.

>short lives if the 5 generations within 100 years comment is accurate
A generation is not the period of time between birth and death, rather the period of time since birth and the spawn of new children.
In the current average to most advanced countries, the spawn of new children happens in the late 20s, meaning a generation is considered 27-30 years long, while in the least advanced countries the spawn of new children happens in the early 20s, meaning a generation is considered 20 years long.
That means that in 100 years, humans have an average of 5.5 generations, very close to the ones of Admirabilis.
Most likely, Admirabilis lives last around the same as humans'.
We could consider that to be a short life if compared to those of Lunarians and Lustrous, but to immortality, even hundreds or thousands of years is a short life, so it must be considered on its own, and on its own it is not a short life at all.
>they apparently haven't done anything to restore advanced civilization (which incidentally requires them to be able to leave the water so they can use fire)
when talking about fictional civilization, we can't assume their technology and technology advancement to work the same as ours, especially when, despite their looks being close to ours, their environment is entirely different from ours.
There's countless of examples in literature of civilizations living underwater who have extremely advanced technology, and fire isn't necessarily a crucial step in those cases(even the Lustrous don't have fire, yet they have illumination, just as an example, or even the Lunarians, logic would suggest they can't possibly have fire since fire requires oxygen which is not present on the moon, yet their technology is more than advanced).
All in all, we don't know much about how the Admirabilis civilization is, they might be as underdeveloped as cavemen and live barely any different than regular sea slugs, or they could be as advanced as the likes of Atlantis.

this is still a blue board, you know

Stop it, Jade is pure and without genitals.
Also I don't want this thread to get deleted.

They have what appear to be metal tools, which implies they at least have a forge or they can somehow shape metals without needing one (also raises the question of where that bell came from). They wouldn't need or use fire for anything else. The lunarians space magic/technology is weird enough that they probably don't follow normal conventions, but I would think the Admirabillis would have to be a bit more straightforward with how they do things even if there are lots of things in the series that defy normal logic.

Because they fight with bows against swords therefore they want a battlefield with good weather, good visibility and no cover. Why pick a bad battlefield? When Phos surprised them on the moon the battlefield was in her advantage and she could slaughter anyone except the Prince. She didn't even have a weapon. Their stats are gimped enough they don't need to stack more odds against them. You might as well ask why they don't fight with a spoon.

I find them creepycute.

What's Cinnabar endgame?

To not be alone.

I want to be antarticite's headpat machine

I hope that one day she will find happiness.

Pretty much the same as it's always been, find a way to be actually helpful without killing everything around her/find a reason to live, but that will probably come after beating some sense into Phos

Why'd Ghost get killed off so quick? She was much better than Cairngorm.

>Houseki no Kuni (19.16%)

We did it guys

Why'd you have to rub it in the potatoes faces when their series just ended for good?

Their series ended badly. If it was the other way around, they'd be in here trashing us.

Sasuga, master scholar.

I love potato anime, actually. If this were another season they'd probably be my choice.

I just realized something about Morga and NuMorga.

There's an idea for a character in my head that I've been playing around with for a while now where they at some point coexist with a weaker imitation of themselves with a mutual respect. The dilemma would be the death of the original, leaving the copy with quite the shoes to fill.

This is basically the Morganite dilemma. That makes the whole Morga situation strike me in a personal way.

Also, I just realized Phos made yet another dumb promise when she told NuMorga that she'd get to meet the original Morganite some day. Jesus christ, Phos.

That's our Phos!

if someone is interested now that batoto going to close you can download almost all chapters here (until cap 61)
archive. org/details/manga_Houseki_no_Kuni

for the last two chapters here
nyaa. si/view/982551 (cap 62)
nyaa. si/view/990893 (cap 63)