Is Cowboy Bebop the most overrated anime of all time?

Is Cowboy Bebop the most overrated anime of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139
youtube.com/watch?v=XHfyLv6t5to
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=YE_ofAg8POY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that fucking androgynous little kid thing ruined a kino potential series

It's overrated by normalfags but underrated by Sup Forumsutists who missed the point of the show.

Nah it was an alright show.

There are so many fags who whine about it being overrated that it has looped back around to being underrated.

Ed was great you faggot.
It's not. Now that normies like it, Sup Forums tries to justify being contrarian.

It's a solid show, but certainly not a cinematic masterpiece.

Nah. The most overrated anime of all time gotta be Your Name.
Literally all pretty animation with everything else being average or even worse.

People love androgynous characters
Mia has Maruruk
HnK has everyone
Ree zero has that cat trap.

>Ed was great you faggot.
how so?

Smart enough to make the adults find her father. After realizing she could never be the center of his left, she had the guts to cut off her codependent relationship with the rest of the crew and seek her own happiness. Something none of the adults ever had enough gumption to do.

Gurren lagan

It's rated just right.

I think this is the correct answer.

I think that spot easily goes to NGE

Angel Beats gets pushed down my throat because feels trip.
That’s what I look to for overrated.
Something terrifically average constantly recommended for two or three of the same reasons only seeming different because enough people watched it to say every combination of the same thing.

No. It is one of the best anime of all time though. Saying it was anything less than a masterpiece is just some meme contrarian bullshit troll opinion.

Couldn’t sit through the first episode.
Is it alright?

Nope, Keit-Ai is.

and st/a/y there.

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139

FINDS

Shaggy Dramatically Reads Keit-Ai.

youtube.com/watch?v=XHfyLv6t5to

EP 1: youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k

That's deep.

no, that wouldbe evangelion, or madoka

it starts off just okay, but gets much better later on

Bebop wasn't great, but it was average at least. Most overrated here at least is definitely nichijou, with an honorable mention to NGE

How could something be overrated if it's the best ?

Have a heart
and penis

>get accused of liking cowboy bebop whenever I shit talk something popular on Sup Forums
>never even seen a full episode
I kinda feel obligated to watch it now, but I just can't be bothered.

>Anime with great animations, a distinctive artstyle, an unique feeling and concept
It doesn't need much else to shit on your favourite anime honestly. You faggots genuinely think that convulted plots with tons of twists are all that matters.

no it deserves the praise

No it's not. It's a genuinely good show with some great real cel animated saguka and real good directing. Most overrated anime of all time would be NGE. That shit is basically just a badly done coming of age story for angsty teenagers with christian symbology (slapped in to make it more exotic) that people misinterprept to be something deep.

If it was released today people would laught at how shitty it is.

It's a great show but it is overhyped

This too. I can't believe normies being so impressed by shitty love story with "many worlds" sci-fi that Steins;Gate did so much better.

Overrated and underrated are literal brainlet terms. What other people think about a show or movie doesn't matter and has nothing to do with its quality or entertainment value. You don't necessarily know or understand why someone likes or dislikes a show/movie or what their experiences or standards are.

It's a very stylish show with a great soundtrack but that's all it is. I hated all of its characters.

but a masterpiece can't be overrated

No it's not.

Overrated is whatever weebshit you watch.

No, it's K-on

I can't really blame it being overhyped because when it was released western world was still under heavy language barrier, so we didn't get much anime. Also, unlike stuff from same time which is overrated (Hellsing the original series, Trigun, Outlaw Star) Cowboy Bepop actually is really good series.

Spouting abstractions, buzzwords, and reductive garbage isn't going to convince anyone that Bebop's """"overrated""" or bad. Bebop threads are awful because every criticism of the show is a vague hot take.
>overhyped
You must be 18+ to post here.
>normie
>weebshit
Fuck off.

>a show hated by most western anime fans (most of whom never watched it) can be overrated

u mad?

You can say that I'm mad that kids like you can even post here.

So are you implying that Your Name had legitimately good story and not boring love story with bad sci-fi?

ya u mad

One piece is unironically the most over-rated series of all time.

But that's not One Piece!

It isn't overrated. A lot of people didn't even get what the show was about.

If you want something overrated just pick a kyoani show

Your comment is equally meaningless and useless as theirs btw

A piece of media is not inherently boring or interesting and I wasn't bored by it. It did have a good story and wasn't a sci-fi.
>states that people don't get what bebop's about
>puts a whole studio's output on blast, a lot of which are misunderstood by anons

>Is Cowboy Bebop the most overrated anime of all time?
y
e
s

What

I never made a claim about the show though. If they had any actual argument against the show based on its content then there'd be something worth replying to.

But it was sci-fi. How could you miss that? They fucking mentioned Everett in the beginning.

>fujo jojo

The timeshit was caused by fantasyshit.

Or not, it was never made clear what it was. By your definition majority of SF works aren't sci-fi because they almost always have fantasyshit or unexplained things. Thing is that the way movie handled the timeshit was that of sci-fi rather than fantasy which isn't surprising knowing that it was done by well known sci-fi director.

finds a way

>almost always
Maybe in soft sci-fi. This doesn't have enough to make it even that.

A fantasy movie wouldn't mention a scientist whose hypothesis of "many worlds" perfecly explains what happens in the movie. Fantastical things like kuchikamizake are there just to symbolize the bond between main characters and to show that even ancient people knew about quantum nature of time in their own way. There's also tons of symbolism that alludes to string theory which has been confirmed to be so by the director.

No, that's evangelion. CB doesn't aspire to be anything it isn't.

no, go away

I went in expecting a grand story.

Ended up loving the the comfy episodes.

Code Geass is.

Neither Evangelion, neither any Gainax's work.

Space Dandy did everything but the respective first episode better.

Truly the Ocarina of Time of anime

One of the most overrated.

only for normal ass dumb fucks

Dumbass overratedposter can't even read the thread before dropping his sicknasty hot take.

FLCL is

Column 4, row 8 (guy with red shirt, girl with white school outfit and bowtie)

What anime is this? I remember seeing it years ago and can't place it

dude that's not just Sup Forums... most of those shows are extremely popular and well received anyway

Escaflowne

lain is the only one I fell for, but it was Sup Forums that tricked me. what a fucking turd of a watch.

>jojo meme
>types like a twelve-year-old
I hate that image and the kind of people who post them unironically but you disagreeing with it makes me now agree with them.

>there are plenty of legit good shows among plenty of shit shows
Now that's how you do proper bait.

While the animation is probably Your Name's strongest point, it's still a good story with excellent pacing.

You fucking win the internet dude.

What are the bad shows?

>NGE - whether you like it or not, it's worth watching simply for the effect it had on the industry
>tatami - an enjoyable show that deviates from most typical anime
>FLCL - though overbearing and nonsensical, it does have themes worth examining
>NHK - not a masterpiece, but a fun watch none the less, that may or may not be very relatable
>Ping Pong - an actual masterpiece
>Bake - Has anyone ever claimed this was a masterpiece unironically
>Katanagatari - Great show, endearing characters and story with great action
>Jinrui... - Great show with great MC
>Gunbuster - Though antiquated at this point, it's at least interesting to compare and contrast this with it's newer successor diebuster
>Berserker - Great show, too bad the manga's gone to shit and the new series are utter trash
>Planetes - Haven't actually watched but the manga was very good
>Mononoke - Unique and intriguing stories, and it knew not to drag on too long
>K-on - Not a masterpiece, but still very good if you're into shows of it's genre
>Champloo - You don't watch this thinking it's a masterpiece, you watch it for some fun action
>MiA - ruined by the fanbase, I wish it never got adapted and I could just enjoy the manga in peace
>Shinsekai Yori - An intriguing and thought provoking story that still manages to be entertaining and not overbearing
>CCS - Admittedly overhyped but still good for what it is
>Code Geass - Not a masterpiece, but it's still very entertaining in its insanity and definitely worth a watch
>>SnW - Great show, very comfy; I feel the end was a bit too idealistic and not particularly called for
>Gankutsuo - great story and writing, and an interesting adaptation with a shitty ending
>Madoka - Another show ruined by its fanbase
>S&W - Interesting concept carried by good MCs
>TTGL - started going down hill once kamina dies, but it's another show worth watching simply for it's impact

No one cares about your shitty opinions.

>putting this much energy responding to bait

every show on this chart is of exceptional quality

we could keep the beaners out with this wall

Trigun isn't a masterpiece, but it's pretty good

It strikes me as too reliant on Western styling, with the jazzy opening and whatnot. But I'm biased against it because retarded "sci-fi" lovers think space operas like Bebop are science fiction as opposed to fantasies set in outer space.

It's not a space opera.

no

/thread

No. Actually is the best anime ever made.

(You)

Not an argument.

You obviously care enough to think it's shitty

It's overrated but it has the best OST ever made. It basically introduced me into jazz.

youtube.com/watch?v=YE_ofAg8POY

I'm just counting the minutes until this season's episode twos start coming out