Isekai

Don't see a thread up.

Is Death March any good? I keep seeing the English LN on Amazon so I figure it's at least pretty popular, and now there's an anime. Enjoyable trash?

Dude, not only "isekai" threads are just disguised LN/WN threads that shouldn't even be here but now it became a 24/7 general.

Soon

It's terrible, worse than SAO. Don't bother, because it's not even fun watching or reading it ironically.

In case this threads lives enough for a reply:
All I wan to know is, Bluesteel blasphemer vol 4 rip when? I expected this being from the author of Chaika to be a bit more popular, but alas, it is not.

Death March has translations already? Nice. I haven't read it yet, but I like the anime so far.

>there are no Isekai manga
>there are no Isekai anime
Ok user.

Damn. Thanks.

Then make a thread about a specific anime/manga series instead of disguising a catch-all light novel general.

Does Re:Monster have even the slightest chance to get an anime?

You're quick this time

Hopefully not

Death March is pretty terrible. It's essentially a huge amount of text about absolutely nothing happening in the most boring way with characters that you don't really care about.

It might be one of those rare cases where the anime is better than the source because it has an editor/director in charge to start cutting out stuff.

Its fun if you dont expect some grand plot.
Its the comfy adventures of some guy and his female companions to maybe find a way to comeback to earth

Definitely trash. Enjoyable in the same basic way as Smartphone, so it's worth a shot.

I do like the concept of an isekai in which the MC is stuck in a videogame-like world, where the twist is that the game's design and balance are really bad.

The sheer amount of isekai manga makes the threads have at least a topic to discuss.

> became a 24/7 general.

AS long as there are other 24/7 threads complaining about this one is pointless, you either enforce the rules for all threads or not at all.

Why?

>i would rather have twenty separate isekai threads that kill off other threads constantly and then die at 5 posts
t. people who don't understand containment threads
And yeah, Sup Forums has no generals. Funny.

It getting an anime adaptation and I was wondering the same thing like should I bother watching it?

>not watching every isekai just for the discussion

It's a storyless journal of a guy with a cheat ability leveling up, without even the comedy of Kumo. There's no real characterization, and it completely falls apart after the initial concept.

STOP PUTTING ISEKAI IN THE TITLE GODDAMN IT, TOLD YOU 3 TIMES ALREADY YOU FUCK WAD

Re:Monster is terrible.

It's just power-wanking in it's most awful form. Anything that involves 'skill-gathering' or 'skill-taking' is fucking dogshit.

I'd say go for the anime and don't read it if you really just want to see it. I don't like Death March but at the very least with an anime you have a visual and audio aspect to it to make it less dull.

Watch the first episode of every isekai, because that's always the best part. Once the guy reaches level 300 on the first day, you can assume it progresses like all of the rest.

t. janitor

And then people pretend to be surprised when these clever ln/wn threads get trashed.
Don't make threads if you have nothing to talk about.

death march is a cooking LN

At least this time there isn't a number.

Yeah I stopped reading the Death March manga because I couldn't tell the girls apart, but now that they have voices and colors it should be a lot better.

I read some of the novels and so far its travel the world, see how fucked up everything is so help people along the way . There seems to be an overall plot about the return of the demon and a side one about finding the hero who also came from japan and could know about a way to comeback.

Its really slow tho, it spends more time showing how they learn to cook or to make potions than anything else.

I liked sao and that an isekai and a good one.

BASED Fuuka poster.

Its garbage even by isekai standards so i hope not

Also the search for a chant orb to give him the skill because he couldn't cast a new spell on his own without a scroll. I think that took a long time.

Look, if you want a isekai thread, start with sheild hero or anything BUT THE ANIME OF A HORRIBLE LN, its a fucking flare to shitposters and isekai haters in the board goddamn it
be subtle

Is the dude suppose to be a spell caster or something?

I'm just going off that by how he looks on the cover

>yfw you realize isekai don't get anime adaptions because they're a lot of work to do
>have to create GUI
>insane abilities that more often than not require a lot of animation
>have to hire female seiyuu for the harem, very expensive
>the more often they are in cities or fighting armies, the more CG to be deployed or worse, low effort monsters
>have to create new fantasy OST when there are already a hundred other fantasy anime
>all of this just as advertisement for a book
>probably don't even get much budget to work with because no investing potential

im an autistic idiot but aren't isekai dominating the medium currently?

Last two hit bump limit user, so kindly fuck off with that logic.

Maybe because the last one was deleted because you are trying to make this a general, fuck off

From what I remember, the anime won't cover that much of his spell casting, or at least nothing more than overpowered versions of the simplest spells.

No, he's just wearing baggy clothes like every other fantasy character. In fact, you see spell casters in the first episode and they look more like knights.

To bad the anime won't get that far, as the cooking shit doesn't start till like Volume 3 or 4.

Quick summary on shield hero ?

>baww MC reached the pinnacle of power in a single episode, what else can the story possibly tell about from now on, it must be complete horseshit

Am I the only one who comes to these threads, to see people complain about shitty isekai?

>complain
Sometimes
>ironically enjoy
Often

Guy gets isekai'd into a world that is similar to a game. He gets weapon locked into a shield and can't do any damage. Shenanigans assure when he also has no money, but still wants to survive and get back home. How will Shield Hero defeat monsters and level up with a shield? Find out next time on Shield
Hero.

I remember he being BTFO by some kind of deer tho

>Don't make threads if you have nothing to talk about.
>four identical VEG threads in the catalog

Of course, retard. If they stay relatively on-topic and don't attract attention they'll be fine.
What do you think will happen when dumbasses start numbering their generals and when the first posts immediately start mentioning light novels.

false rape accusations
edgemaster
qt raccon girl
NO SMILES

yeah well not all isekai are inherently terrible, I enjoyed overlord and am looking forward to the 2nd season currently airing. even though i've been told outright the lizard arc is garbage and the first episode felt more like a recap despite them getting two movies recaping season 1 to add insult to injury.

Dude gets pegged with false rape allegations. Goes full edge mode. Eventually the girls gets her name formally recognized as Bitch.

>shenanigans
He gets fucked over because everybody hates the shield hero.

That doesnt sound good unless the excution of it is really smart

I'm not the retard who came up with "Isekai thread part 3: Fuck Isekai".

I hope the LN about the chef guy with the elf hunter gets an anime sooner than later

That's why you're going to have to read it to find out, user.

Naw he just bullied it for a bit while on his epic quest for the pickles because he thought it'd be fun to try riding one and then even wiped out some dangerous monsters in the area as an apology.

>implying

>immediately start mentioning light novels
Where else are they supposed to go? There are so many LN adaptations that it doesn't make sense to start relentlessly removing any mention of them.

Goddamn it not my isekai threads

I wonder if her thighs are as friendly as sensei's.

The story doesn't tell anything. He continues to hunt monsters so that he can eat them and gain their powers. He has no motivation other than this, and his lackeys have no motivation whatsoever (other than the female ones who want to have sex with him).

Oh wait it wasn't about death march? Scratch that then.

The minotaur wants to fuck the lights out of the female goblin and the swordsman wants humans and demi humans to coexist or some bullshit like that

Yeah that was about Re:Monster.

I actually like Death March, because now that he's an order of magnitude more powerful than anyone else the story can focus on him meeting people and solving problems. Hopefully it will be sort of like Overlord.

Overlord becomes trash later on tho.

>I will let Demiurge plan for some shit I dont really want because Im a retard

Yeah, I like the ones where they overpower the MC to the point where it's irrelevant and then use that to focus on everyone else in the setting.

>no smiles
Dont be like that user, there are plenty of times where his original kind and caring nature shines through

it's good just read it you cuck
it's edgy as fuck and it's nice to get a break from the OH YE MANLY AMAZING HERO WE SUMMONED YOU TO FIGHT THE DEMONS AND FUCK MY FIVE PRINCESSES, I LOVE YOU HERO! shit

>I will let Demiurge plan for some shit I dont really want because Im a retard
classic overlord not quite a hero, not quite a villain, always quite incompetent.

Does anyone remember a mid 2000s series about this guy that everyone thought he was the Maou so they sent women from all over the world to his island to appease him and then he made his own country taking the two princess he was sent to as goverment administrators ?

I feel like that series did a lot of things that now people think are different in some isekais

what the FUCK is his problem?

Not isekai but it's Shina Dark.

A lot of modern isekai tropes are just generic japanese fantasy tropes stolen from that one tabletop game and dragon quest.

The orb hunt was rather hilarious. He spends like 3 whole volumes thoroughly preparing for the auction, amassing funds and acquiring connections among influental people, establishes a huge enterprise producing everything from stockings and preserved food to mythic level weapons and fucking military airships to drain other potential rivals of their money at the same time, arrives at the auction with bloodshot eyes and enough money to buy the whole city and wins it in a single bid of measly 100 gold coins. And some time later he even gets another one as a gift.

yeah thats the one, now whenever some isekai series is like "Lets fund our own country" I stop reading there

If you want just read the first 8 chapters of the manga, that covers about the first volume of the light novels.

thanks dude, will do that

Wait, where are you supposed to discuss novels then?

jp

That's the point when he becomes really overpowered. He did have a good reason for going that far due to how rare the orbs can be and how much help it gave him. And the orb got briefly stolen after winning it. Death March is something where normal side plots and major ones get reversed most of the time.

>3 replies
>telling people to come back here
Bravo.

take it up with moot that cuck

pretty sure /jp/ doesn't want anything to do with isekai
I'd say /lit/ but man they'd probably explode.

>really overpowered
Completely broken I'd say.

>Death March is something where normal side plots and major ones get reversed most of the time.
Also the reason people hate it. They see isekai and overpowered mc and expect more or less straightforward power fantasy, then get angry when they can't find any.

LN in general is to be talked in /jp/
moot's orders

Anyone read both the WN and LN versions of Next Life?

i just checked a thread on /jp/ and they are literally saying come back here user they don't want isekai.

i don't give a damn, the former admin said LNs are to be talked in /jp/
that's what he said, nobody followed his order tho

So WNs don't belong in either?

If anything, the ones with at least a manga should be allowed to be discussed. DM, Overlord, Re:zero, konosuba and now deathmarch even have anime.

>they
Doesn't matter what random autists say.

Though, talking about source material for adaptations was never an issue on Sup Forums. It's when people start making LN/WN-focused threads that it start attracting attention.

you convince them they should honour his memory, I think they'll just tell you to fuck off though. like /lit/ would keep in mind you might be entirely correct they just wont care.

If hiro hasn't said anything, then its free game
lets not annoy /jp/, its our sister board after all

>Doesn't matter what random autists say.
if that's the case there's no reason to listen to people who say it doesn't belong on Sup Forums. I neither start these threads nor hate them, I'm just making observations, also pretty sure jp would hate anyone who was reading translated LNs or WNs anyway.

>i don't give a damn
>Doesn't matter what random autists say.

Doesn't matter what you want either. Either you go for all general like threads or don't at all.

>It's when people start making LN/WN-focused threads that it start attracting attention.
I mean, the industry is too connected to anime and manga to not be talked about anywhere except here.

Let me remind you lot that when moot said that, we barely had light novels thread on the board

>reason to listen to people who say it doesn't belong on Sup Forums
There's a reason because it's not random autists that say this. It's the mods and the rules. Anime & Manga.