Is it worth having an AB account...

Is it worth having an AB account? There's this long-ass application form you have to fill and I want to now if it's worth the hassle.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.bakabt.me/index.php/Sign_up#How_do_I_get_invited.3F
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Can't spend a couple minutes filling a stupid form
Why is Sup Forums so full of mediocre people?

My time is extremely valuable. Now don't waste my time and respond my question.

The answer is "Yes".

Just use nyaa

No, it's all an elaborate ruse so the "staff" can laugh at your wasted time and effort, as well as your shit taste.

48 minutes apart. you couldve just filled out the form u lazy fuck

How do you expect user to fill out a form when user can't even finish a 500 word essay?

>My time is extremely valuable
>waste it posting on Sup Forums

where my ptg niggas at

I'm already using animetorrents and grabbed all dead torrents I needed.

No. It has retarded requirements like having to be active on the forums every 10 months or else they'll deactivate your account.

all you need is KM

>My time is extremely valuable
With that attitude you must feel like shit if you're wasting your time here.

Not really? Why would you ever watch anything that isn't seasonal?

/marked/

Now that BakaBT is dead I guess it's probably the best place for finding old anime, but aside from that it's shit. Too many fucking rules for an anime bittorrent site

If you lie, it's kinda easy.

Sick false flag, Anonymous!

lol what happened to bakabt?

can somebody post the questions so I can prepare for when they reopen applications?

>BakaBT is dead
God fucking dammit. Their music collections were so useful.

Everyone who uses private trackers are dickheads.

Yeah but lying will only get you so far. If you don't actually do shit like post in the forums they'll deactivate your account

About a year ago, they made it so that you have to have an account to download anything. It's also closed to new members now so if you didn't have an account before they went private it's inaccessible.

It's 10 weeks and all you have to do to avoid that is just log in. They send you an e-mail warning you beforehand when you're account is about to be pruned anyway.

I made an account a few years ago. Think they asked what your favorite anime is, how you plan to contribute to the site, how often you'll post on forums, etc.

>Is it worth having an AB account?
No, its literally babby's first private tracker and any retard can get in depending on what the admin's mood is that day.

It' open like half an hour ago.

? There's absolutely no reason to watch something if you can't discuss it weekly with friends.

Applications are still up in the "long" term, they're just down while they sift through the most recent wave of them, just keep checking it. The questions are simple things like a sentence or two defining seeding and leeching and listing a few of your favourite shows and why you like them.

you don't have to post in the forums at all. the only mildly annoying thing is you have to log in every couple of weeks but is that so hard?

But all the best shows are pre-2000s

Sad

>Is it worth having an AB account?
I'll give the same answer I did last time; it saved me the hassle of going through a-s, baidu, and DDL sites for a few RAW VNs. So yeah

Filling out the form would have taken you less time than waiting for answers on Sup Forums, so your time either isn't valuable or you aren't very smart.

Dont be a fucking leech

>failing that easy as fuck application
Something tells me you'll never get a job because you'll fail all the job interviews.

>not using clubbox with 30 KB/S

Did you do something retarded like say you won't seed or something?

Private trackers are a meme

Especially the more convoluted and retarded ones with IRC interviews and other e-sekrit klub shit

At least AB only has one long ass form

I'd rather lobotomize myself

Is BakaBT invite only now or something?

Just get invited by somebody who has invites to spare and ask for 1 million yen so you can buy every H&R.

How beta must be you to actually fill the application form?

I'm not, but expecting to seed for years with 50kb of upload... kinda pointless.

Literally shaken.

>friends
Y-yeah

>"check again later"
>every time I check they're closed

You're so cool, user. I want to be like you when I grow up.

I doubt you could ever reach my radiance of coolness.

You can discuss old things with friends. The requirement that it be weekly seems like something you just imposed arbitrarily in order to make a half-baked attempt at a post

>private tracker
>for fucking anime
I don't get this, what's the point? They all just scare-reacted because nyaa went down and everyone assumed the worst.
Anyway, the site is fucking annoying just like every other private tracker.
You realize you don't actually need a private tracker besides a very specific occasion once every 10th solstice. And the rules are fucking annoying.
Private trackers are more of an excuse to be part of a community with rules and culture, and less so about the preserving of the content itself (otherwise it would be open, duh).
I put more effort keeping the account in good order than what I get from it, just like with every other private tracker.

>pros
Things have good DL speed because of seeds
Things are easy to find
>cons
Good DL speed is offset by min seed time (this is not a complaint, I'm talking merely about cost to the user) since in the end, you spend more or less the same time seeding back than downloading a lower speed torrent from an open tracker, so watt cost is I guess basically the same.
Same other cons of private trackers like no forks (what happens if it goes down, who then has access to the magnets of a private tracker that went down?) and managing account and cock sucking the admins.

wiki.bakabt.me/index.php/Sign_up#How_do_I_get_invited.3F

What the fuck did you even write there?

I wrote that seeding should depend more on users' speed than anything but still, I said I was gonna seed regardless. Sometimes I kinda feel bad for the poor guy downloading one of the torrents I'm seeding with my slow as fuck internet.

You dumbass, do you even know how torrents work?
If you were the only seed, sure then it would matter, but if you're part of a group of seeders, you'd only seed small packets and slow speed is not a problem for small packets.
Seed time is more important in regards to etiquette because it ensures things are kept alive with enough seeds.

It's a sekrit-klub thing

Morons easily fall prey to it

I have 50kbs upload as well, haven't noticed that being an issue anywhere while I'm uploading. I just let torrents rot there for weeks, even if I rarely get much upload from it because they rarely have many other peers.

I'm new to the site. I don't have much time to seed since I'm not home much so I was wondering if it was okay to incur hit and runs as long as I make up for them later?

Would they stay on my record permanently and potentially limit my permissions later or is it okay as long as I seed the minimum time eventually?

I've already incurred one hit and run (I only needed 3 hours before time ran out) and I did fix it already.

Get one of those 5 euro seedboxes yo u fucking jew. Set to seed for a week then delete.

>If you were the only seed, sure then it would matter
Sometimes, I'm. In bakabt there are hundres of torrents with a couple of seeds only.

I have 5 pages of e-mails about hit and runs. Nobody gives a shit.

>I'm the only seed and I have slow speed, so the solution is to not seed
What?

Read the FAQ
Also, see

>rules are fucking annoying.
so seeding for atleast 3 days is a problem? AB rules aren't even that strict compared to other private trackers

>so the solution is to not seed
Never said that but good try.

if you get 5 hit and runs you lose your ability to download. they can get removed pretty easily though if you just seed the required time

You can accumulate H&R's, but they'll be removed from your account if you either seed it for the allotted time, or the torrent itself is deleted.

I've had an account for about 3 years now and have incurred at least two dozen H&R's, but nothing's happened due to doing both of the above.

I do the same thing since space is not a problem but still, must be infuriating as fuck to download things at 50kb. and when I see someone downloading one of those I always imagine the other guys cursing me.

Why does it matter? I've downloaded 10+ GB torrents that had 1 or 2 seeds at those speeds. You just stop acting like a stereotyped millenial and be fucking patient, and thank the other dude who is also patient with the seed.

Only if you actually watch a ton of anime

There is thread over at /t/ where you can download a ton of pre-2000s anime.

It doesn't really take that long. I took the advice from some user like a month ago to keep my answer short and got in the first try. Don't write a bunch of tl;dr shit.

M8, if that were the only rule, sure, no problem. But you encounter other rules once in a while that are annoying and get you tagged for incredibly dumb shit. I don't wanna say which ones though as they may pin point me from mentioning the ones I've been hit with.

No cursing from me, just grateful that someone is seeding. And it's usually not a problem anyway, you just keep it downloading. It's not like it's urgent anyway, and unless you're underage those speeds are not uncommon for things you want.