ITT: plagiarism

ITT: plagiarism

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarnate_(comics)
youtube.com/watch?v=YOOb_o06adA
youtube.com/watch?v=euCt-VGIqYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7bDNX5ZDKdE
youtube.com/watch?v=xvODHnpKf8g
youtube.com/watch?v=i524g6JMkwI
youtube.com/watch?v=ra4UWtNMUKk
youtube.com/watch?v=aZaSgnYLceQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BKCEiNk198E
youtube.com/watch?v=hZZ0MJgxjsM
youtube.com/watch?v=b-6yxSgxk1U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So Disney gave money to Japan for this right?

>tfw this knowledge is pretty common among the normalkids, but they aren't aware of the fact that bambi being tezuka's favorite film is most certainly why kimba exists in the first place. oh, and astro boy is pretty much straight up pinocchio, also

Disney did paid him or what

I actually watched Kimba dub before i saw the disney movie when i was little and though it was remake.

>Being inspired by and straight up copying are the same thing
Kimba is obviously inspired by Hamlet, but it's not a hamlet copy. Lion King however, looks like a straight up copy from Kimba with very little difference.

something something Romans invented art
something something white people have the right to steal

Was this pre or post jew Disney? I can't see Walt being in favor of it.

Lion Kang was nicer looking and had better animation, nobody gives a shitty about japs

Are you kidding? Most of Disney's "classics" are just versions of older stories that just happened to be out of copyright protection.

Not to mention the way that Disney flat out lied and took credit for innovations pioneered by Max Fleischer's company.

Kubo was pretty chill about it.

>Disney flat out lied and took credit for innovations pioneered by Max Fleischer's company
Can you be specific of what innovations you are referring to? Synchronized sound? Color? Multiplane? Oh wait, those were all Disney.

Most classics are just versions of older stories. LoTR, even, borrowed tons of mythology. I mean I doubt he'd be in favor of flat out 1:1 plagiarism.

I don't have Kubo's reaction, but have Nick Simmons trying to defend himself.

Magma and Detergent. Good times.

These were both actually a homage to a Bruce Lee fight. The Naruto one is basically copying the top though.

>LoTR
I agree with your post but that's a bad example.

He just stated: woah, I was not aware that Gene Simmon's son was a mangaka!

Or something like that.

No.
Tezuka's family didn't even bother going to court because they said they'd lose to Disney's lawyers.

I'd post a screencap of when the page header was changed, but it won't upload.

>I never even heard of Bleach! Who would name a comic after laundry detergent?

Spike does actually talk about "being like water" when he explains fighting to a character, and that's a clear reference to Bruce Lee. But I don't think they borrowed any choreography.

>Who would name a comic after laundry detergent?
Asking the real questions

This image is fake, right?

wadaya, new or somethin?
yeah it's real en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarnate_(comics)

I've known about the tracings since forever but I've never read those facebook comments. It almost reads like a parody.

Didn't Tolkien fucking hate Walt Disney?

iirc Kubo was looking up words that meant "Pure White" or something

Yes he did. Tolkien referred to Walt as a "cheat", someone who had used fairy tales to make money, turnining them into goofy cartoons. Tolkien probably saw in Walt's work a dumbed down version of concepts he held very dear. Let's not forget the amount of passion and love Tolkien put into his work,and he did not do it for the money. Maybe he comes off as bitter but I really can't say he's wrong.

>Dad says I have a solid case against all this slander
Gene Simmons is a fucking idiot confirmed

At least in Atlantis the brown waifu is better than Nadia.

Tolkien was a bitter person in many regards, but I can't say I'd blame him at all.

Well, Tolkien is a filthy Orc sympathiser

>Tolkien
>Orc sympathiser
Pick one and only one.

I remember watching that part in the Simpsons and didn't get the reference until years later

youtube.com/watch?v=YOOb_o06adA

But niggers invented paint.

Don't forget clicks and whistle noises.

man I really missed the part where Pinocchio was a super powered crime fighting robot living in a highly advanced futuristic world
I should really rewatch it

you have never been in GS threads.

Every time I see that gif posted, someone defend it saying that it's homage to a Bruce Lee fight. But they never give video to prove that.

>who are the Greeks

>lion kangz

>"I may have appropriated some styles, but I did not steal."
>"I did not steal anyone's work! If anything, artists have been stealing from me!"
>"pls buy my comics"
What a retard.

Disney did it better

Kimba had the original idea but Lion king had the better animarion
Lion king also stole the entirety of the hamlet but instead if people it's lions
it's not even inspired it is just the original story but a bit more kid friendly
Lion king 2 is romeo and juliet but it made more sense

Oh shit

what is the context for this episode?

Have you never watched the Simpsons?

Either way it's one of those random scenes. Plot goes like this. Lisa meets an old jazz player which she admires, spends some time with him but he eventually dies. To mourn him, she buys his latest disc to make everyone listen to it. Then he appears in that cloud to thank her.

youtube.com/watch?v=euCt-VGIqYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7bDNX5ZDKdE

youtube.com/watch?v=xvODHnpKf8g
youtube.com/watch?v=i524g6JMkwI

Gene Simmons made his fortune from licensing KISS for everything under the sun and using his lawyers to bully people.

youtube.com/watch?v=ra4UWtNMUKk

>as if contemporary artists don't plagarize *all the time*
Damien Hirst is particularly infamous for blatantly copying other, less famous conceptual artist's ideas.

If Steven Universe were a real anime, it'd be more kuso than PTE.

Pretty bad when fans can animate better than the show runners.

Man, the power of disney's money and lawyers is scary if absolutely nothing was done against this shameless theft out of fear of a guaranteed loss

How disgusting

youtube.com/watch?v=aZaSgnYLceQ

How can one show be so good?

lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=BKCEiNk198E
youtube.com/watch?v=hZZ0MJgxjsM

From NERV with love

Sadly the good parts are outweighed by bad now.
Simpsons stopped being good in S9, and we're on what? 25? 26? 27?

>reference is now plagiarism
What the fuck

ANNO YOU HACK

i think one of the guy who thought of the fight choreography admitted it was a reference or something. it still is shit tho

>childless accusations

You mean "childish" accusations, idiot.

damm

I watched Kimba and its fucking shit, he is literally a SoyLion

>apex twin
holy shit i didnt even know that

>Here is your saber bro

Wow I never knew this, That's fucked up.

I don't get it.

I like fox-Saber more

youtube.com/watch?v=b-6yxSgxk1U

Was he the arseist that basically copied a medical textbook's illustrations and called it art?

Isn't that Haruhi?

0.0001 mickeycoins were deposited in your account.

Tezuka died in 1989, before lion king existed, maybe his estate had rights but they're weaker than a living person's, unless you're disney.

Taniuchi is a bigger plagiarist than Yoko Kanno.
All of his soundtracks are full of this stuff.

Those hideous character designs. How do kids watch this shit?

His most famous pieces are a diamond encrusted skull and a half a shark in a tank of formaldehyde. and yes, both of them are stolen ideas.

I don't remember a train scene in Bebop.

I read an article where they compared the pages of the book with his "works"

movie

It's from the movie.

it goes like this: Disney wanted to do a remake of Kimba (Matthew Broderick even thought he was starring in a remake "the cartoon he watched as a child") if you look at the early concept scripts of the lion king, it was originally titled "king of the jungle" and Simba was white. Those scripts we're eerily similar to a Kimba esque story. Of course it was scrapped and Disney was in a legal battle during that time over the rights to Kimba, since NBC had given it up. Disney lost the battle and soon new directors we're brought in, and Simba had his color changed (staff at Disney said "even our lawyers aren't that Good's)but there were still some traces of Kimba design in him (such has his black-tipped ears). So long story short Disney wanted to do a remake of Kimba, lost the property rights battle, therefore lion king was born

I should really stop being such a voracious faggot and watch utena.

>diesel

Oh my god

At first I was reading this right to left and making no sense of it; the enemy stand part only augmented my confusion.

Personally I thought lion king was a lot better in the character design department. As Simba actually looks like a real lion and not a mouse/cat thing like kimba

having an actual budget and better tools even computers will do that

Holy shit. I knew that Disney ripped of Tezuka, but I never realized how fucking blatant they were about it.