Berserk

So, I finally finished reading Berserk from start to finish after about 3 days of intense grinding. I have some questions though.

Why did Griffith fuse the Astral World? What does that have to do with his plans? Also, where does he go next?

Was the boy really a manifestation of the elf queen? Do you think Casca will become herself again? If so, what did Knight Skellington mean when he said Casca wouldn't want the same as Guts or something like that? What do you think will happen?

He fused the worlds because he was an entity that really only lives in the astral world.

Femto gave himself a rebirth, came back as the new Griffith (with superpowers) and merged the two worlds so that he could rule.

The boy is the child of Guts and Casca. He is also a living being who can use the dragon veins of the astral world because he got juiced up by Griffith's Demon Seed / Experienced the Eclipse as a fetus.
Casca will regain her senses, but that doesnt mean she will say; He Guts you are alright, lets kill Griffith!
She probably has a different view on things. *sigh* woman. Rape em once and they develop Stockholm Syndrom.

I think in the end, Casca will use the Behelith to sacrifice Griffith (one of her loved ones) for a nice world. a world where the astral and the normal are not overlapped. Since you need the power of the Behelith and a very powerfull sacrifice i think this is it.

That, or Guts gets into a armored fenzy, forgets his love, and sacrifices his entire group of dungeon masters for the power to kill Griffith. After that he dies.

I like your theories but the kid is definitely going to have a larger role to play in the ending as well I think. Maybe he'll become a kind of bridge between human and monsters? I know the stereotypical "unite two worlds"-ending doesn't really sound very Berserk but who knows what all that Love Live has done to the poor man

>love live
Idolmaster

Guts will kill everyone then rape Griffith's boipucci.

i guess you are right. His magical full moon naked presence suggests a big role later on the series.

Just as the Skull Knight and Zodd, they too will have key roles in the ending.

Skull Knight wants to oppose God Hand, he is an ally.
Zodd wants to fight strong opponents, but he also seems an intelligent man. I think he will change sides in the end. Maybe he will live on in the astral world, because there is no lack of strong monsters there. That would be his Valhalla to be honest. Or guarding people and fighting monsters in the real world.. whatever the world(s) are after the final battle.

That panel gets me every single time
Delet

The boy has nothing to do with the elf King. He is part human part demongod and lives between the fabrics of space. The kid doesnt give a shit and rides the astral tree branches as if they're his personal UBER.

Casca will never be the same again. She wont be a child but.. never herself. Being raped by a monster god and having your consciousness fragmented into one big nightmare will leave some PTSD. But atleast she'll be able to cook and clean again.

Griffith/Femto has to die, Guts probably needs to use the armor fully, unleash his rage and sacrifice his body (life) in order to strike down our white haired 'hero'. After that, nobody knows what will happen because the mangaka is probably 80 (he's 51 now i think) and on his deathbed. He will not finish.

>the ending
assuming we are getting one.

>what did Knight Skellington mean when he said Casca wouldn't want the same as Guts or something like that?
He meant that Casca might not want her memory restored.

The monsters and obstacles inside of her mind represent this overwhelming apprehension.

Casca and Guts are going to have to sacrifice their bastard child to eventually stop Griffith. This act also puts the worlds back together and stopping them from overlapping. It doesn't end on a happy note and Guts is revealed to be the villain of the story, the last panel is him wandering off into the sunset like Kenshiro from Hokuto no Ken as Griffith's kingdom falls into desolation. Skull Knight and Zodd probably end up ruling both the human and demon planes once the Godhand are dealt with.

>Casca will never be the same again.
I don't know what sort of extent of permanent mental retardation you're implying here, I think the recent chapters give us enough to think that she will be fully healed at the price of either forgetting something or just being somewhat traumatized and pissed off deep inside.

What Guts wants, presently, is to live with Casca and not give a fuck about revenge. Skull Knight implied Casca may not be on the same track as him once she gets her mind back - so it's possible that she will be the one who will want revenge. People tend to forget how Casca was before the Eclipse.

I bet you she won't remember Guts

It's possible. What makes me sad is that this month's chapter will probably also be pretty short and we won't get to the conclusion just yet.

>finish

If only.

I just had a lightbulb moment from reading your post.

Ive been saying for a long time now that Griff was building towards something, hes gathering all those people and all those demons in one place for a reason. I said it was because i thought he was going to trigger a 3rd eclipse.

But, after reading your post i changed my mind. Youre right about casca, she is going to want revenge, i always thought that when/if she regains her senes she was going to go off and do something really fucking stupid and make shit even more difficult for guts.

Shes obviously going to go after griffith, and i still think theres going to be a 3rd eclipse, but cascas going to be the one to trigger it, not griff.

I don't know if Casca will be that retarded, to sacrifice all the people just for personal gain. I think she'll just want revenge on Griffith, and there will probably be some incentive for the heroes to eventually leave Elfheim and go towards Falconia, something to do with the God Hand and the mass sacrifice that is surely being prepared there, for some reason.

There's a good video on it on youtube called Predicting the ending of Berserk, it's not foolproof obviously but it may have some interesting theories.

She may not do it on purpose, but i definitely think she will be the catalyst.

I also think that she, and the rest of guts' little rpg party will all die horribly.

Thats what i dont understand about the people who say that miura has gone soft with this new group guys is with n all that. Things were pretty good for him during the golden age too, and we all know how that ended. There has to be light parts in order to make the dark parts dark, or else it all just blurs together.

We won't get a conclusion this fucking year

>Why?
>What?
>Where?

Don't think about it too hard: Berserk makes zero sense.

what did they mean by this

>I don't know what sort of extent of permanent mental retardation you're implying here

I mentioned PTSD

>being somewhat traumatized

That is what i meant

There will be another eclipse, i mean Guts has been carrying that Behelith with him forever now.. I dont know who will be the one that activaties it though. Could be Casca, Guts, black haired kid, hell.. it could be princess Charlotte who wishes for the Griffith of the past after seeing Femto's true form, and she kills Femto. Who knows.

The only thing we know for sure is that Kentaro Miura is a genius artist and writer, and we can only pray he finishes.

his voice

I took a two year break, which amounted to about six chapters. This was seven months ago.
We are a miserable lot.

Please stop spacing your posts like that, it's hard and annoying to read.