ITT: Wasted potential

ITT: Wasted potential.

Kill la Kill exceeded its potential though.
Not the series' fault if you didn't get it.

It didn't.
Everything fell short during the Big Four fight.
This is when all the plot points were cut or simplified (Ryuko's father killer was revealed etc.) and anime started using Deus Ex Mahina shit.
Second half is just way way worse than the first.

>This is when all the plot points were cut or simplified (Ryuko's father killer was revealed etc.)
Revealing a plot point means cutting or semplifying it? Are you seriously?
>and anime started using Deus Ex Mahina shit.
When did that happen?
>Second half is just way way worse than the first.
Only in animation quality.

>first and second episodes are constructed in such way so you would think that ryuko will be fighting different clubs for 20 eps and then fight Big 4 and Satsuki, who is obviously Ryuko's father killer
>then we get episode 3 when she faces the assumed big fucking bad, followed by various other episodes, none of which is just 'ryuko beats another's club president'
>culmination is big 4 fight, when the show takes drasticly different turn and then AGAIN when Satsuki crucifies Ragyou, who is the REAL final boss and it turns out Satsuki is actually good guy, on top of other surprises

I know the first guy was meme'ing, but you truly didn't get it. Kill la Kill was designed to subvert expectations and tropes of shounen anime with 'villain of the week' formula. And it did so magnificently.

Is this bait? Because if it's not this is quite the achievement. You're more braindead than trigger of all people

While he isn't exactly on point about KLK "subverting shounen tropes", the focus by Trigger in making the pacing surprisingly fast is clear and aknowledged by the series itself.

I'm a genius with genius-level IQ, actually.

You can basically post every trigger show in this thread

>turns out Satsuki is actually good guy, on top of other surprises

>satsuki betraying her mother is a surprise
>one of her henchmen is referred to as monkey
>her name literally means "may"
>They attend Honnouji Academy

It's like you're not even looking for references to the sengoku period in all the anime you consume.

You.

You.

You.

I'd say you can only post LWA TV. Imaishi's shows (and Inferno Cop) succeeded at what they were aiming for while stuff like Inou Battle and Kiznaiver clearly had no potential.

>subvert tropes
>turns into generic shonen in second half
What did the guy mean by this?
Not to mention all shit like:
>Mikisugi being teased to be actually capable of handling both Ryuko and Satsuki in battle ending in him running around naked and doing fucking nothing
>as above with Kinagase and his SUPER PLOT POINT BULLET that was supposed to be able to sever any Life Fiber
>Sanageyama being a rival to Satsuki and still trying to overthrow her
It was not "subverting" anything you retard. Writers simply got lazy/blew the budget and had to cut many things short.
There are only so many things you can defend with your mental gymnastics.

me

we

>There are only so many things you can defend with your mental gymnastics.

There is nothing to defend, this anime was great and everything went as intended. Sorry it triggers you ;^)

I loved this show, at it's core they got things right. But you're 100% correct, the production in the second half fell behind and it was a (ironically) rush job, and they dropped a lot of secondary plot lines.

>>turns into generic shonen in second half
Shounen is a demographic, it doesn't mean what you think means.
>>Mikisugi being teased to be actually capable of handling both Ryuko and Satsuki in battle ending in him running around naked and doing fucking nothing
Mikisugi and Tsumugo aknowledged that Ryuko, Satsuki and Nui exceeded humanity and there was nothing they could do against them as soon as episode 12, and a major point the show makes is that only life fibers can fight life fibers. Pay attention.
>as above with Kinagase and his SUPER PLOT POINT BULLET that was supposed to be able to sever any Life Fiber
You're making things up. It was created to stop a Senketsu user gone berserk, not to "sever any life fiber".
>>Sanageyama being a rival to Satsuki and still trying to overthrow her
What are you talking about?

>"Mikisugi and Tsumugo aknowledged that Ryuko, Satsuki and Nui exceeded humanity and there was nothing they could do against them as soon as episode 12, and a major point the show makes is that only life fibers can fight life fibers. Pay attention."
>Show covers bad plot point with shitty explanation so it's ok!
>It was created to stop a Senketsu user gone berserk, not to "sever any life fiber".
Still it was never fucking used again, which is a terrible writing. There was no point to ever bring that shit up.
>What are you talking about?
Ah, so you didn't even care at all about the plot. Great. I shouldn't even have written everything above.

I recall the pacing becoming total dogshit towards the end of the tourney arc, I dropped it when Ryuko went full shadow the hedgehog.

>>Show covers bad plot point with shitty explanation so it's ok!
What shitty explanation? Life fibers are all powerful being capable of exponentially enhancing V human capabilities, why should a normal human, even if skilled, be able to compete. Hell, Senketsu itself was created ONLY for this reason.
>Still it was never fucking used again, which is a terrible writing. There was no point to ever bring that shit up.
It was never used again because Senketsu only went berserk once. It was relevant to that specific situation where the choice was either risking Ryuko's life or trusting her bond with Senketsu and her ability to come back to her senses.
>Ah, so you didn't even care at all about the plot. Great. I shouldn't even have written everything above.
Sanageyama never tried to overthrow Satsuki after joining her. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Because of this shit we'll never see an anime adaptation of the rest of the manga which has an amazing final arc

Baccano, for sure. I was very underwhelmed when it ended.

why didnt they redeem Nui

Ryuko is the best tomboy & purest waifu

but Nonon is the best girl & best slutfu

Waifu doesnt mean girl you newfaggot

I think you're the newfaggot, for assuming that...

Hmm? The only wasted potential was not making more SoL episodes, I would kill for a couple of OVAs of the cast just living their daily lifes.

Yeah, there should've been more homoerotic moments between Sats and Ryuko

it was good for what it meant to be, I don't see too much of wasted potential here

Trigger is kind of fucked anyway, everyone expects their works to be the next animation masterpiece.

the final fight between them was absolute shit

Well, i'm still waiting for the BDs to fix that, but narratively it was perfect, I would have preferred an original anime happy ending but whatever.

>KLKhaters BTFO: The Thread
Try being contrarian with an anime you can shit on without looking like a retard next time.

Psycho Pass

the real question is
will it ever end?

Rosario Vampire
what was the point in fucking up the anime so much to the point where it's unrecognizable to the Manga

>one episode
>It's a disappointment.
Give it time.

SHUT THE FUCK UP RETAD BITCH I WILL SHOOT YOUR HEAD OFF YOU FUCKING CUNT

Still my greatest disappointment as an anime watcher. After the ONAs I was absolutely sure this would be a masterpiece. Fucking Toei.
At least the first episode was good and the OST was godly.

The only part that felt wasted is that mako didn't end up being final boss