Is this the most underrated series of all time?

is this the most underrated series of all time?

>K-on!
>underrated
What did he mean by this?

If anything it's a bit overrated. Still an alright show though.

I feel like people either despise K-ON or think it's the most important work of fiction to come out of the 21st century.

content is OK, but the plot is too cheesy

Most people who hate it only watched the first couple of episodes and wrote it off as another moeshit show, I did the first time I tried watching it. But after coming back to it and sticking through it you start to like it more and more.

the damage it caused to the anime industry is indeed far more severe than people acknowledge.

lol

I watched it all the way through and didn’t like it. It’s not offensive since it’s decently directed and well animated, but there is such a thing as personal preference.

those people would be right. there is no substance to the show other than eating cake. they dont even practice music. they just buy some of the most expensive instruments and suddenly have you believe thats enough for them to play good

this user is right. can someone list all of the anime that more prominently feature substance, i.e. eating cake? don't even reply if you're not a man of substance (a cake eater).

it just brings pure joy to the heart

hasn't seen it.

If he means that it's impossible for human beings to fully appreciate the magic in K-On and thus they can't possibly praise and rate it as it really deserves, then I can totally understand him. Some things just go beyond our comprehension.

>underrated

Yes. The whole world needs to watch it.

>they just buy some of the most expensive instruments and suddenly have you believe thats enough for them to play good

To be fair, that's a flaw in nearly every show about a beginning band. No one wants to listen to shitty musicians fuck up simple scales or repeat a poorly written for hours and hours.

Happy birthday to best girl

>there is no substance
K-on! is probably one of the few anime that actually make you reflex on your existence. What is life? What is a friend? It makes you value the little moments, those little events that occur in everyone's life, events that most of us don't pay attention to it. That is, until one watches K-on! and discover, through the everyday life of that bunch of lazy girls, the magic of all those small experiences in one's life.
True, if you're a person who's only looking for "excitement" you certainly won't find it here, this is not a shounen show with power-levels and flashy poorly animated fights with tons of light rays etc etc. K-on! isn't a show for people with ADHD or people still in their chuuni phase. Thus its demographic target it's seinen. K-on!'s magic it's in the interactions between its cast, but who are we kidding? You don't have the brains to understand anything of it. Retard.

no

to be fair, you need a very high IQ to understand K-on

Yes if you're a soyboy cuck

>what is Naruto

Shonenfags are delusional

is this the worst bait of all time?

Yes, even if everyone would think it's the best show ever, it would still be underrated.

close, but it's Violet Evergarden

containment board when

>Most people who hate it only watched the first couple of episodes
That's like saying people who hate getting blowjobs judged them by the first minute. It was amazing from the beginning.

>they just buy some of the most expensive instruments and suddenly have you believe thats enough for them to play good
Only Yui started playing at the beginning of the series, all the others owned their instruments prior and they started off sort of competent. Yui is presented as sort of an idiot-savant when it comes to playing guitar and it's stated numerous times that she practices hard at home.

This is shockingly how real band practice goes. Everybody wants to get high and tell jokes. Usually the youngest and most eager member says "shit, we should probably practice for the show."

That member was always me.

>drugs

I feel like K-On is currently in a transitional phase where it's slowly being moved from being a"modern, popular show" to being an "absolute masterpiece, classic and a must watch for all eternity" in the general consciousness.
It's joining the ranks of Evangelion and Rose of Versailles, something with a special position in the anime community that'll always be recommended to newcomers. Compare to Haruhi, which has and is failing to make that transition, and most of it's popularity ir just momentum from back when it was a huge hit. Haruhi will end up being a Chobits (albeit a good one), not an Evangelion, like K-On is becoming.

That was our code for tea and cakes. We didn't want the bands in the other studios to know we had them.

>five band members who all practice at home
the dream

tea and cakes are as addictive as heroin

>lol

It's rightfully high-rated by the vast majority of viewers, here and everywhere else.

MAL says there are 674 better anime.

I know what you mean, I feel like I was only person to watch this shit. You should give it a shot.

Yui tights are truly the greatest miracle of our time.

Why does no one else seem to think the first season is much better than the second?

because 2nd has more episode and the ending

MAL voters are dickheads, that's not news

I do, but muh graduation feels seem to make people think the second is better.

It fucking shocks me that a series as popular and influential as Haruhi has managed to fall out of the general consciousness of the community as if it were a flavor of the month series.

But it completely contradicts what he said. Or is MAL totally unrepresentative?

>Or is MAL totally unrepresentative?
MAL should be always automatically disregarded, so yeah.

Hi digibrony

I only now started watching this series recently and I got to episode 10. I think it only gets better, my favorite episode so far was with their sensei.

MAL is shit and everybody who actually watches anime and is over 13 years old knows that

You're delusional if you think this show, as nice and enjoyable as it was, would be considered at the same level as something like Evangelion or Rose of Versailles.

are you baiting or are you really that retarded because you just answered 2/2 retarded

K-ON will never stop being underrated until every single person alive in the world agrees it's a 10/10 series.

Are you seriously trying to reason with these people?

Does this trash get any better, first 3 episodes were god awful.

Kyoanusfags won, all is lost

It's quite literally the moe slice of life version of evangelion. Evangelion is all about subtle characterization and development and k-on does the same.

>Evangelion is all about subtle characterization and development and k-on does the same.
What development? All the characters maintain their dull character tropes throughout the entire show. The only sort of development that happens is that Yui gets some friends, but she's still the dumb retard that she was from the very beginning.

Have you ever had a revelation? That moment when you experience a sudden and complete flash of understanding? You suddenly realize that you've been walking around half-blind, missing so much of the world around you, but unaware. Ignorant of all that you were missing.

That's what K-On!! was for me. I could feel my heart open up, as sharp and clear as ice cracking. I began to sob. In fact, I cried so hard, for so long, that I completely missed that last twenty minutes of the first episode. So I rewatched it. And then again. I watched the first episode eight full times before I felt I had a fundamental understanding of its depth. And then I watched it another ten just to make sure.

K-On!! is my Revelatory Text. My New Testament, my Quran, my Pale Blue Dot. I will never again look at the world with tired jaded eyes. Better yet, I'll never look at myself that way either.

K-On isn’t even the best moe slice of life anime, let alone slice of life in general.

Yes.

Name a better show

>subtle
Without actually noticing the little changes in their attitudes, you're really going to assume they never developed. Hell, you could say that exact same thing about Evangelion.

"What development? All the characters maintain their dull character tropes throughout the entire show. The only sort of development that happens is that Shinji gets some friends, but he's still the whiny faggot that he was from the very beginning."

All the seasons are best and all the girls are best. No one should ever argue over these things

What a copout pussy thing to say, just what I’d expect from a fan of this garbage.

>tfw you will never, EVER, smoke some dank hash with the keions and jam all day and then fall asleep on the couch in a big comfy keion pile after stuffing yourself with some cheap chinese takeout

K-On! is literally the most important anime of the last decade. It changed the game, permanently, and set a gold standard for what a slice of life show should be that has yet to be surpassed.

You’re just gonna pull the confirmation bias card but either way Kamichu is better, along with Barakamon and Non Non Biyori.

Hidamari Sketch is 10x better as a SoL show. Non Non Biyori is the pinnacle of the genre.

It actually unironically saved anime, anime sales were in a steep decline before K-on. Also merchandise wise it hilariously did something like 40% of the entire industry for that year.

> Non Non Biyori is the pinnacle of the genre.
NNB is great but you're a fucking newfag if you think that.

But Ritsu's birthday is 21/08

Sincerely my favorite anime, particularly the second season (the first is very good but a bit formulaic and has some QUALITY issues). It works very well as a pleb filter; while it's not perfect, basically every person who dislikes it does so for incredibly retarded and shallow reasons.

Only is the west.
The nips think it is a masterpiece.

MAL has Re:ZeRo at like 8.6/10 last I checked. They can safely be ignored.

Happy birthday Mio

Violet Evergarden was #45 after 1 episode aired last I checked

omedetou

Girls need to wear dresses more often.

This is one of the most influential bore-fests ever made.

Any particular kinds of tea you can recommend?

See, this is the average MAL/Reddit poster who doesn't comprehend a character-focused slice of life.

Earl Grey. Hot.

first season was more comfy but i cant say it was really better

Yotsuba is also at a solid 8, they just have low IQ

good taste

Happy birthday to my wife's friend!

The ed's are good

>k-on was popular before the impregnation craze

IT'S NOT FAIR

what are you guys' thoughts on season 2?

What's the best release of k-on?

that train cosplay where they all get fucked and the ritsu gets creampied.

Post rare Ritsus

It's a good show, but I wouldn't call it underrated.

I like season 2 better than season 1 only because the writers were much nicer to Mio. It feels like the writers of season 1 loved torturing her, like when she tripped and fell during the first concert and Ritsu blackmailed her with panty shots. When they first introduced Azusa, I thought to myself, "Oh look, a second Mio. I hope the writers treat her better."

What would the Keions' Sup Forums 3x3s look like?

Which one would listen to Primus with me?

That's because season 1 was much closer to the manga

I'm still in a dream cake eater

>dem mugi hips