Violet Evergarden

What a failure of an anime.
The characters are thin and the premise is asinine. The drama is trite and the sad backstory girl is maudlin. Constant tone shifts ruining the atmosphere. The show clearly doesn't know whether it wants to be a drama or a comedy. I don't know how anyone could think this is good writing in any way.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.c2.com/?FalseDichotomy
rosie.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/anime/1515905131/
reddit.com/r/anime/comments/7pswml/why_you_should_not_tamper_with_violet_evergardens/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nobody watches kyoanus for the writing.

It's mostly shit writing and directing. This is carried by visuals/animation alone. Melodrama with reverse engineered moe.

What melodrama?
What tone shift?
>The show clearly doesn't know whether it wants to be a drama or a comedy
What show did you watch?

I'll wait for the next episode before shitting on it.

God this is terrible.

>thin
>asinine
>trite
>maudlin
Damn, just learned all these words in high school literature club and wanna use them somehow?

>Drama or comedy.
What? Did we watch the same show?

Why doesn't KyoAni just stop adapting its own shitty LNs? The only one that has succeeded is Free!, and even that one has had its sales decline considerably.

>learning "thin" in high school
Burger pls

I knew this was going to be good pasta, already a bunch of idiots fell for it, good job.

World's technology level doesn't make any sense.

I didn't like it at all. I found the direction and the flow to be really slow and was a bit bored. And I didn't like that the only thing our protagonist thinks about is The Man. And there are a lot of other men now, so I wonder if there would be anything of a substance for her to think about other then them.

For now — for me — it looks like just another alternative old times anime, with male fantasies about mixing women and weapons, about those women thinking about those men and the setting that could explain and somehow excuse any plain-open sexism that could appear (hey, its good old times!).

I came to this premiere without knowing anything about it and was not impressed at all (good animation is not something that keeps me watching stuff), for now I'll give it a bit more time and after a few more episodes would decide if I'll drop it. This season has enough good stuff for me to watch already, so right now I don't see anything that would keep me attached to this one.

why is Violet so fucking autistic? it's irritating

I'm sorry i'm not a Europe novel connoisseur like you.

>people keep memeing original saibah when she looks more like Titoria.

The only good part was the war flashback.

She is some kind of bioweapon that her master's brother found on a tiny deserted island in the middle of the ocean. Even getting to the point where she was in the first episode--a being that is capable of speech and limited functionality in society--took years of instruction.

Cool, doesn't make for a very interesting character

so, just a real life autist then

I don't understand why they hide so many important details in favor of ''filler" content. Please show us where Violet comes from, is she a robot, is she a superhuman, why can she lose both arms and be fine, why was she doing somersaults in the war etc. Why does she have little knowledge of human nature.

Everyone in the threads doesn't know basic information about the series' main character, and rather than spending screen time explaining it, they are devoting half the episode to bullshit

reminder that violet wants to know what is love

Not that I disagree with you, but what would you have preferred? The way the character is used in the story is such that she makes a big impression on everyone she meets, not just because of how she looks but how she seems kind of empty in a faintly despondent way. Changing her character to one of a cutesy lovestruck maiden or an average girl who's into shoes or a heartless killer or pretty much anything else would basically change the entire nature of the story. You would be better off watching something else in that case.

nu-Sup Forums hates Violet Evergarden because it is a true aryan anime

BRs go back to your fucking dragonball threads (any of the 8 of them)

> What a failure of an anime.

Here is where you messed up constructing your post. "If she isn't going to be a one dimensional character, that must mean she would have to be these other extremely opposite characters!"

wiki.c2.com/?FalseDichotomy

Stop being intellectually dishonest if you want people to pay you attention.

> b-but it's so pretty!

Wish KyoAnus faggots would leave already.

Ok, I'm leaving, see you later.

>it's evolving
I expect a related gif for each episode user. Finish what you started.

Is shitting on this show a new forced meme or something?
It's been literally one episode

Why are kyoani haters so fucking pathetic?

This thread is a joke and so are your troll posts

I couldn't take the childish and autistic voice of the protagonist.

0/10 pasta, try harder

Typing this with tears in my eyes after watching the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Violet Evergarden is the human spirit made naked for the viewer to see. Never in my 18 years did I think I would live to see the very nature of love and companionship replicated onscreen by a robot... a poetic outcome, all things considered. I will be personally buying 15-20 copies of the BDs with my college loan and I encourage all of you to do the same. Please support the company that is transforming anime into an art, a piece of expression on the level of Beethoven or Star Wars, rather than pedophile garbage like this season's other offerings.

>dubtard

That's not how that meme works.

>when you already has the pasta ready

It's anti-KyoAni autists trying to trigger KyoAni autists. Don't pay too much attention to it. In reality, it's a decent episode worth checking out, but won't be for everyone due to its melodramatic tone, even if it is fairly well executed outside of some minor things. It was never gonna live up to the impossibly high expectations placed on it, anyway.

Who says she's a one-dimensional character, secondary-kun? Did you also immediately write off Shinji from Evangelion after the first episode as well?

Would this show be better received if it was not made by Kyoto Animation ?

>secondary-kun

*reads pseudo-fanfiction machine translation of the LNs on tumblr* Heh, looks like I'm pretty much the authority on Violet Evergarden now... *smiles, bites into pocky stick*

People would just say 'Wow, this is exactly like a kyoani show"

It just reeks of kyoani. Zero plot, cheap tearjerk scenes, good art. That's what makes a kyoani show.

It's well received outside of Sup Forums, which doesn't matter when half the posters are false flagging and being disingenuous. I'm sure it makes it harder for the people that actually had issues with the episode too.

It's not that bad. People are just giving it more shit because of the over-hype.

>It's well received outside of Sup Forums
You can go on 2ch's Violet Evergarden threads and read them saying all of the same things.
"This show is pretty but the story is shit. Well, it's still good to watch before bed."
"The effects harm the art's appeal." etc

rosie.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/anime/1515905131/

this
JP sales indicate it's second after pop team reddit

Because Netflix paid a bunch of shills to defend the filters

>JP sales indicate it's second after pop team reddit
Means absolutely nothing, big studios will naturally get more sales at this stage of the season

And Token Ranbu, and Idolish 7, and Yurucamp

2ch is literally just as bad as Sup Forums, user. That proves nothing.

>well received outside of Sup Forums
It's well received on 4ch as well, contrarily to some shitposts like
>Sup Forums hates it

>VEG is w-well received o-outside of Sup Forums!!
>no it isn't, here is 2ch saying it's garbage as well
>2ch DOESN'T COUNT EITHER!!!!!

Why don't you just come right out and say you're from R*ddit? reddit.com/r/anime/comments/7pswml/why_you_should_not_tamper_with_violet_evergardens/

This is exactly the problem. You ever think some people actually didn't mind the filters, or even thought they looked good. Why does it always have to be someone shilling, as if they care about Sup Forums's opinion anyway?

>is she a robot, is she a superhuman
This, the writter makes an effort to stablish her as a human (since her robot arms and lack of emotions can easily make the audience think she's a robot) just to throw a hint that she's not human after all, and all that stuff about not knowing what love is isn't because her past as a child soldier but because she's some kind of reincarnated god or something, seems like the writter hasn't decided yet.

Thats 5ch, i go on 2ch and they love it on there. Please stop trolling just because you hate a story with a strong female lead being better than the other shows.

I'm not from Reddit. Anyone who tries to derail a conversation like this should be banned.

>asinine
>trite
>maudlin
Is this the meme we're going with?

You're linking to reddit while accusing someone of being from reddit? Isn't that kind of strange?

They are very indifferent towards it on 2ch, it's one of the least popular shows there.

This is a good Netflix original show.

Netflix streaming r*dditors like yourself will of course eat anything KyoAnus shits into their mouth, you have no frame of reference to know why the filters ruin the aesthetic because you don't watch anime.

How many VEG threads do you people need to have on the catalog at any given moment?

I understand that the show is great but come on now.

I liked the first episode though. Where did you think it was trying to be a comedy?

>The story is stale
>The heroine's cheesiness is overwhelming

OH NONONONO

That post does have a point though. Editing a snapshot isn't going to resolve the visual issues. They even explicitly concede that it's not about the show as much as it is maintaining the integrity of the image (e.g. not darkening to the point of removing other elements of the image).

If anyone is going to argue against the filters, it should be from a stylistic POV and not from a technical one.

I do watch anime, and I never even stated my personal opinion on it I just don't write everyone off as shills like a faggot.

Is there any better beautiful anime in the world? This is gonna be the one of the best shows of all time and we know it.

>god-tier award winning light novel source material
>adapted by the best studio
>amazing professional dub as good as cowboy beboop
>animation and art is a 10/10
>headed by perhaps the most talented TV director in the medium

KyoAni continues to find a way to push animation beyond this universe while other shows gets left in the dirt. Sad. I'm done with normal anime now. I'm going to exclusively watch KyoAni anime from now on. Let's discuss this masterpiece.

Sup Forums spilled in to every single board and then libs started amplifying

f this goes wrong, if this series that Kyoani elevated into the olympus fails, I'm pretty sure the studio will migrate to movie format. In fact, they're already semi focused in that format instead of TV series, and they seems to like it (with all that movie year shit they're promoting in their website)

And I don't know, maybe isn't a bad desicion at this point. They're flawless when it comes to movies, and the reception is always better than their latest attempts with TV series.

And also, it'll prove that their in-house LN system is fundamentally flawed. Their LN contest sucks, and their awards are bullshit.
Yeah, maybe they won money and it was profitable in the short term, but at which cost? Poor plot quality, lot of fans lost, zero credibility and they might be out of the TV context soon.

I don't know whether to be happy or sad to be honest. I can't help but think they went for the easy money, but it damaged their reputation in the process, and that's the worst mistake they've done so far.

> Editing a snapshot isn't going to resolve the visual issues.

Leave and remain leave, r*dditor.

I'd rather this than DBS. At least the arguing and trolling is somewhat amusing.

There's nothing that prevents them from doing short movie-style TV series

This is the most damage controlled piece of media since The Last Jedi.

It has literally one episode out, what the fuck is wrong with you people

Dear diary, user thinks old lanterns give off white-ish light.

There's no real damage to control.

They don't have the marketing power to keep it propped up, unlike Hollyjew. It has to sink or float on its own merit and, well, you can tell from this thread that it's capsizing.

I hate it because it's made by Kyoani.

>I don't know how anyone could think this is good writing in any way.
Yes, that is exactly how I feel about your post.

>the filters ruin the aesthetic
>but you wouldn't know because you don't watch anime.
also evangelion is meaningless 2deep4u stuff right?
but please, explain to us how "the filters ruin the aesthetic"

Even MAL hates the show.

>*smiles, bites into pocky stick*
Holy shit, kill yourself

>also evangelion is meaningless 2deep4u stuff right?

???
Could you explain what this has to do with the rest of your post? It's like you forgot what you were talking about midway through, and reverted to some kind of default shitpost protocol

Um, please be silent, Secondary-kun. I am the one who read the novels. You are nothing. Sit down.

Except for Kittens-kun.

that's an opinion I figured you would have, presented as a ridiculous opinion, one typically held by someone who shitposts memes as a sport instead of thinking about things thoroughly
way to dodge the part that required to do some thinking by the way

It's not, are you guys deluded? Even if it was received poorly KyoAni is one of the few anime studios that actually can prop itself up. Plus nothing really has changed im the studio's approach to animation, while Star Wars had a completely different team on board for the new trilogy and you could feel that in every facet of its production.

God, is this what this board has come to? Blatant lies and/or ignorance to set up a false narrative? Is this actually becoming Sup Forums like another user mentioned?

>everybody hates the show
>everybody hates kyoani
>we hate this show
sadly, you'll fit in just fine here

>maybe they won money
What do you mean by this?

I am literally the biggest Evangelion autist on the board, you have probably gawked at one of my 10000x10000 theory images

It is really funny to me that for some reason you randomly decided that I hate Evangelion, based on apparently nothing, and were as oppositely wrong as a person can be

>Is this actually becoming Sup Forums like another user mentioned?
Well, one of the many VEG threads currently up on the catalog derailed into a bunch of autists wanting Violet to be from their respective european country.

Seems like a purge is warranted.

That user simply assumed you are type of shitposter that hates all anime, turns out you are shitposter evafag.

>Sup Forums must be the reason why VEG is failing!

These threads are comedy gold.

> Ranked #46
> Popularity #369
> Members 187,524

???

Where is it failing?

It keeps dropping by the hour. Before episode 1 it was at 8.92 and ranked 20 or something.

Who are you quoting?

It's failing?