Watamote: does Tomoko grow as a character?

So, after a long-ass time, Watamote is dominating my thoughts again, specifically Episode 11, and just how much that god damn little interaction with the student council president, wearing that costume meant to me. So I want more.

But I wanted to know: does the manga try to chart Tomoko's path towards any type of healthy relationship with the world, or at least have more moments like these, of people showing kindness towards her, or is it all just a parade of suffering and sadness that never leads anywhere?

I suppose a good point of comparison would be BoJack Horseman, with how despite it being really slow, you can track BoJack's growth troughout the series, which is something I wondered if Watamote did too.

Other urls found in this thread:

slide.world-three.org/read/its_not_my_fault_that_im_not_popular/en/1/1/page/1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sure.

I see.

Where the hell have you been, man.

Away and not paying attention. Is that an indication that the series actually leads to somewhere positive?

Yeah, she's still unpopular but she has a few friends now who accept her despite her shitty personality.

That's cute. I guess I'll go back and read the manga then. Thanks!

Better just go and read it right now, before you get heavy spoilered.

She literally builds a harem

>does Tomoko grow as a character?
Absolutely. She's not "the same old weird loner because her friends are weird too" like most anons say she is. Those people probably have had a better social experience in their high school than most anons, or at least not as bad as they thought it was. If you'd place a 3D girl in her situation, no one who hasn't paid attention to her since her first 2 years would call her a weird loner.

>or at least have more moments like these
A certain relatable feels trip happens, although it's quite subtle and an uncommon experience. It's probably not what you were looking for. Her character development also happens quite impassively. Real spoiler: She's just forced into interacting with other people at some point and just learns that she can deal with them without spilling spaghetti. It gets other anons mad but it's quite realistic if you ask me.

Yes and we need a new anime bad.

The current manga is barely recognizable from the chapters the anime covered in terms of tone and humor. This could be a good or bad thing depending on what you like.

I'd describe the current manga as more of a high school slice of life featuring a small gang of misfits.

Also, Tomoko has a lesbian stalker now and this is the basis for much of the current comedy in the manga.

She grows and it kills the series.

this

>ywn fuck tomoko

Thank god, that would be nasty as fuck

How?

She has the body of an anorexic loli and poor personal hygiene

Eating and taking showers regularly fixes that.

>body of an anorexic loli
her ass is tight

>I suppose a good point of comparison would be BoJack Horseman, with how despite it being really slow, you can track BoJack's growth troughout the series, which is something I wondered if Watamote did too.

Yes, that's a good point. It happens in watamote too. You can read the manga here: slide.world-three.org/read/its_not_my_fault_that_im_not_popular/en/1/1/page/1