Fate Powerlevel thread

Why is Emiya constantly downplayed?

Other urls found in this thread:

fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlemagne#Descendance
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The entire point of the character is that despite not being special, he works hard and keeps trying.

(this being anime, of course it turns out that he's the most special and important person ever, and everyone instinctively recognizes this)

I love Archer power level discussions, people underestimate redman way to much
His own powers Literally canonically btfo every servant except for assassin and Lancer who would’ve undoubtedly been destroyed as well.
>Saber at peak performance gets disembodied by a dying Shriou using Archer’s tip top sword technique.
>Gil btfo. Ubw is literally the counter to Gil and his cockiness
>Berserker killed 6 fucking times by him while purposely holding him back so Shirou and co could escape. Shriou tracing his own Berserker’s own weapon killed him
>Caster easily defeated. Could’ve killed her if he felt the need to but let her be.
>Don’t remember what happened with fake assassin in UBW, think they both fought off screen, Archer was shown to not be affected by it when he showed back up.
>Fought Lancer to a stalemate 2 times, while Lancer used is trump card and Archer didn’t. Lancer would’ve most likely got Btfo.
In short stats are bullshit. Everything Archer has shown says he’s the most competent servant. Much more than Saber

>of course it turns out that he's the most special and important person ever
Shut up if you don't know what you're talking about.

nice copypasta my dude

What's wrong with reposting?
Too lazy to type how EMIYA btfo's your favorite Servant

>Implying powerlevels matter in fate

See these fuckers? They shit all over powerlevels.

I mostly agree with that except for Lancer. Lancer is a perfect counter to Archer with his protection from arrows and high agility stopping Archer’s projectiles, and his Gaé Bolg and superior stats beating Archer in close combat.

>Jetfags

>Sieg and Jetlet

You mean Gawayn, the guy with everything tripled and still failed to kill Lancelot for 3 whole hours and was defeated as nught arrived?

>Don’t remember what happened with fake assassin in UBW,
I guess you don't want to remember you fag

Because Nasu intended for him to not be very strong, he just failed to represent that mechanically, and thus he had to go the route of asspulls and retcons to explain why redman was actually a shit-tier servant all along.

That honestly doesn’t make any sense. There can’t have been THAT much of a skill gap that becoming fucking three times stronger doesn’t let him win.

>Can copy and use NPs for every situation
>Weak
Not to mention his Extra-Extella feats

'Which of these characters would win in a fight' is my one legitimate case of badwrongfun I have on the internet. This is stupid and the very way in which it approaches thinking about the characters is fundamentally flawed.

>mooncell

>Saber at peak performance gets disembodied by a dying Shriou using Archer’s tip top sword technique.
Archer at peak performance got one shot by Saber in the prologue. Saber Alter also destroyed Archer in one blow, leaving Archer mortally wounded. That's why he had his arm grafted onto Shirou.
>Gil btfo. Ubw is literally the counter to Gil and his cockiness
Depends on how cocky Gil is feeling. Gil did single out Archer for an ambush to take him out before Archer could try anything. That's why it had to be Shirou who used UBW on Gil, not Archer.
>Berserker killed 6 fucking times by him while purposely holding him back so Shirou and co could escape. Shriou tracing his own Berserker’s own weapon killed him
Archer wasn't holding back. He himself said he was happy he would finally get to go all out for once, and genuinely wanted to win as he said to Rin.
>Caster easily defeated. Could’ve killed her if he felt the need to but let her be.
Caster's the weakest Servant in the war.
>Don’t remember what happened with fake assassin in UBW, think they both fought off screen, Archer was shown to not be affected by it when he showed back up.
Archer was out of mana and hurt when he returned from fighting Fake Assassin.
>Fought Lancer to a stalemate 2 times, while Lancer used is trump card and Archer didn’t. Lancer would’ve most likely got Btfo.
Their first fight was by no means a stalemate, it just got interrupted by Shirou. Lancer was forced to hold back in that fight by a command spell regardless. In their second fight Lancer completely kicked EMIYA's ass. Rho Aias failed to completely block Gae Bolg and Archer had a mangled, useless arm afterward, which means Lancer could have just killed him if he wanted to. Lancer explicitly tells EMIYA that the only reason he isn't going to kill him is because he figured out that Archer is planning to betray Caster to save Rin.
Archer in general is crafty and versatile, but weak.

EMIYA is the batman of Fate

>Shirou tracing his own Berserke's own weapon killed him
Do people forget that if it weren't for Illya stepping in at the very last second, which caused Berserker to pause for one moment, that allowed Shirou to kill him? It was pretty much said that if Illya did not step in, Shirou would have been shredded to pieces.
>Fought Lancer to a stalemate 2 times.
Lancer is pretty much nerfed in most of his apperances. Also, Raw Anus projects the user's body as a shield, Archer would not have been able to take another hit since the first trump card attack damaged Archer pretty well. Lancer was just pissed that his unstoppable attack was blocked.

This has got to be fake. What kind of faggot ruins Archer's design like this? Why?

>Archer at peak performance got one shot by Saber in the prologue. Saber Alter also destroyed Archer in one blow, leaving Archer mortally wounded. That's why he had his arm grafted onto Shirou.
>A weaker half dead version of EMIYA can beat Alter but he can't because muh plot armor
Nasu is a hack man

It's his design for the new Extella game

I know and it looks like dogshit. If they don't give you an option to immediately revert him back to his classic appearance I'm not buying the game.

That's because Saber Alter deliberately held back her overwhelming strength and mana burst against Shirou so that it could be a contest of skill, not raw stats. It was a duel between master and apprentice, so she wanted to see what he could really do. If she wanted to she could have just blown him away with a mana burst like she did Archer or Excaliblasted him, but she didn't.

I fucking hated how Apocrypha handled heroes like Vlad, Siegfried and Achilles while wanking Karna hard, but one thing for sure, I'm really liking how Strange Fake is handling its cast and damn was it awesome with Avenger Archer Alcides VS Berserker Jack

>>A weaker half dead version of EMIYA can beat Alter but he can't because muh plot armor
She could btfo him with one prana burst hit anytime she wanted. She gave him chance to win

Unrivaled and strongest knight in his era

She wasn't holding anything back. It's stated in the VN
That's just how good Archer's sword technique is.

>Has never seen an arts card in his life

Every time

Isn't Mana Burst the reason for her A-ranked strength in the first place? I'm pretty sure she was using it, or at least part of it against him and she went serious after he started going serious too

Rin asked Archer why he didn't reacted when Saber attacked him.
He froze when he first saw Arturia.

I'm pretty sure that title only belongs to him after Galahad ascends to heaven. Lancelot may be a perfect knight, even elligible for the Sword of Red Hilt that Galahad had, but Galahad has the title of the best knight ever

Can someone please explain what Diarmuid's NP is?
Is it just his 2 spears with their curses? And if thats it, isnt it a little underwhelming vs Cu's Gae Bolg, or other lancer's NP?

>Muh prana burst
Dumb Saber fag
She tried doing that but got BTFO by triple linked crain wings

One spear inflicts un-healable wounds, the other is anti-magic. His master planned to summon him as Saber instead of Lancer.

She couldn't excaliblast in underground. Or she would bury herself with Shirou.

Literally go read the start of Sparks Liner High. It explicitly states it is a contest of skill alone between Shirou and Saber Alter. That image doesn't say Alter was going all out.
>Isn't Mana Burst the reason for her A-ranked strength in the first place? I'm pretty sure she was using it, or at least part of it against him and she went serious after he started going serious too
There's multiple degrees of mana burst as an effect. The simplest is just self-reinforcement which is what Saber normally does, but she can also create massive bursts of mana to do things like leap around or hit things really hard. Saber Alter uses one of these high powered bursts to smash Archer so hard that he's instantly defeated in one blow despite having just soundly trounced True Assassin.
He did not freeze. They exchanged sword blows, and Archer lost immediately.

Vlad was handled how he should have. Upper-mid tier who can hang with the top guys with a sizable home turf buff. Honestly Siegfried got jerked off a little much seeing how he should just be a worse Artoria (unless against a dragon which never happened). Karna was always established to be in the "Big Boys" tier (Gil, Ozy) due to sheer power, I feel he got the appropriate wank. Achilles did feel very underwhelming.

Archer can one shot Saber with a sneak attack not just injure like she did

>Orders from Sakura to kill him
>S-She was holding back

Well not frozen, but I remember Rin asking Archer how he got hurt this easily, and he said something along this line : I got surprised.

Dying was never a concern for Alter. She was disappointed when Shirou failed to deliver a finishing blow in Sparks Liner High, and he died with just a half-assed victory.
>Archer can one shot Saber with a sneak attack
Instinct means Saber can sense Hrunting and block it with time to spare even if it is a surprise attack. She did so every single night that they fought on the Big Bridge.
>not just injure like she did
The first time she hit Archer so hard that he was incapacitated for two whole weeks while he healed. The second time, as Alter, she mortally wounded him and he was only hanging on thanks to Independent Action.

>Instinct means Saber can sense Hrunting and block it with time to spare even if it is a surprise attack
She can't block Caladbolg nuking

The only reason Archer beat Saber with long-range sniping in HA was because she had to defend Shirou. She reacted to his sneak attack every time.

You're retarded or what? She could blast him along with his k&b one second after the fight started but she chose not to. Yes she lost to crane wing but oonly because she allowed Shirou to live long enough and took it head on. If that was Archer she would go all out from the beginning

>implying wounding himself wasn't part of his plan
He's largely underrated, because compared to other servants who fight to win the grail, his aim lies in his autistic plan to break his younger self's spirit and kill him, just because he's angry.

What do you think about our new protagonist?

Don't forget he got 5 wives.

Shirou was the reason he lost the bridge fight since he focused on him more(for obvious reasons) than Saber

Saber Alter is not just some pawn of Sakura. The text literally, explicitly says that it's a contest of skill. If Saber's literal thoughts at the end of Sparks Liner High were somehow not enough for you to understand that Alter wanted Shirou to surpass and defeat her, then you probably should neck yourself.
Considering Archer got his ass kicked by Lancer in close combat, who in turn performed pretty badly against Saber, I'm pretty confident in saying that Saber can crush Archer any time they fight for real.
Archer didn't decide on his plan to kill Shirou until after that night. His memories were still muddled up to that point.
Saber can just Excaliblast Caladbolg and Archer too if he goes that far.

I think he meant the anime version of Vlad. Novel estabilishes pretty well him in Romania is Arthur in Britain and Hercules in Greece level, with Legend of Dracula being able to take on six servants at once, but the anime version made Karna just get slightly serious against the vampire instead of a coordinated group fight

>Commmand seals and muh Shirou must die autism
This are the two reasons why they were finally able to beat him in HA

He seems to be at least Arthur level, but not Gilgamesh

Command seals were needed so that Saber could get to him before Shirou died. If Shirou wasn't there in the first place, Saber could easily have dodged or deflected all shots while chasing down Archer.

Shit design.

>Only 5
Get on my level

Don't forget both look like Galahad too

Saber gets BTFO in long range. She needed Shirou to teleport otherwise Archer would just nuke her if she was alone

Protagonist is still pic related

>Although his existence has been established as a knight of the bow, in his lifetime he was a magus, not a Bowman. A counterfeiter (Faker) who makes use of projection magecraft to counterfeit many famous swords, magic swords. It is believed that the reason why his standard armament was a bow is because he is not all that strong as a Heroic Spirit and, in the end, his combat style settled down for sniping.
He's not really. The only way he can compete with other Servants is sniping. He was doing great in Fuyuki war because he knows everything about it from his life. If he was going blind he would get fucked if he tried anything other than sniping

Wait, Rin had tons of mana, right?
Why didn't redman just spam his explosive single use copies on sight both at servants and masters?

I keep wondering if this will lead to a Gudao demi-servant to be the "free servant" in FGO2 since Galahad is pissed at Mash now.

Totally helped her when Archer was sniping Herakles, and she was in the NP range.

He tries sniping Shirou in HA, but Saber can block them. It's implied he did so with Hercules. Lancer has protection from arrows, and I don't think he ever encounters Rider.

5 "officials" wives.

fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlemagne#Descendance

What the hell is the purpose of Sealing Designations?

>hey, this dude has a really great idea that'd lead to powerful and unique magecraft
>fuck that, better kill him

No wonder the Mage's Association is a bunch of weak jobbers.

>more than half of the DAA used to be magi
Really makes you wonder

Is there a list of servant stats anywhere? I love the stat cards in F/SN

Sealing doesn't kill you. It just preserves you in magical amber.

Saber can deflect them. Herc tanks them without dying somehow. Cu is immune.

Redman is only strong when he snipes masters.

EMIYA is pretty strong, but have your heard of his alternate version? No, I am not talking about counter guardian EMIYA who isn't even a proper heroic spirit. I am talking MOONCELL EMIYA who abandoned is name to become Nameless. Not just any a no-name bastard. Not just any John Doe. A proper heroic spirit that represents all the nameless heroes of histories who died unsung and unforgotten.

I am talking about the Archer, the Wrought Iron Hero who can take on Gawain on numeral saint. I am talking about Mumei who faced the likes of Kiara and such and won. I am talking about the Hero that nobody knows off who could project his forever distant sword named after someone he can't ever reached.

Not even canon anymore. Nero is the canon winner of the Extra/CCC wars.

>>Archer at peak performance got one shot by Saber in the prologue.
A surprise attack.
>A weaker half dead version of EMIYA can beat Alter but he can't because muh plot armor
Because Alter is slower and he had time and space to use a technique specifically made to counter people like Saber.
Did you even read the visual novel, or did you read a summary? Because it sounds to me like you have zero awareness of situation or context.

No, I am talking about the Archer who got won the Extra/CCC war in alternate timeline and got his ass kicked by Altera and fell mid-battle with his master. Or Extella/Zero got unCANON by Nasu? I don't see it on Nasu's blog saying its noncanon thus it is still canon