Violet Evergarden

Why is the VEG French dub so much better than the Japanese original?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sXDR9uaURhk
vimeo.com/250691148
youtube.com/watch?v=wTpCLg3AksU
youtube.com/watch?v=jVhlJNJopOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1AtrI9PoiBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CkrpvCs-kfE
youtube.com/watch?v=3hfCQAohSyQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

do you have a sample?

youtube.com/watch?v=sXDR9uaURhk

This sample doesn't do it justice. The French dub completely rewrites some lines and adds more quotidian-like details. Makes the dialogues feel a lot less cringe.

reminder that violet wants to know what is love

Damn, Spain's spanish and English hurt my hears.

because Europeans dominantly speaking Japanese just doesn't feel right somehow.

Holy fuck people aren't kidding about the filters. What were they thinking, it's so damn distracting.

German and Italian sound pretty good.

No kidding. I'm pretty shocked desu.

>Que veut dire je t'aime ?
HNNNNGGGGGGGGG

the french one sounds like they dubbed it on a shit mic (as do a lot of them)

I also enjoyed German Violet. It suits her character. And the mike quality isn't horrible like the others. However, none of the foreign iterations of the male are even close to the original.

Italy has always been pretty good with anime dubs

why do english dubs always sound like they breathe the end of each sentence

Better question

Why is the Mexican dub so much better than the Frog and Japanese ones?

vimeo.com/250691148

I feel like anybody who hasn't majored in film arts shouldn't be allowed to comment on what they think in their unsophisticated, undeveloped mind constitutes to an "overuse of filters". Let alone any aspect of the visuals. The people who create them are professionals and you're not. Of course everybody is entitled to an opinion but naturally those opinions weight nothing if you don't have something to recall back to. There's hardly anything you can expect to tell from what the director's vision expects from the visual art director regarding the show's design elements and needs of the director's vision for each unique scene.

It's just noise. You're noise. Your analytical skills will never even touch the level of proficiency required to parse KyoAni's work in visual design. Pearls for swine is all I can say. Pearls. For. Swine.

Because most recordings edit it out.

>German

Why does this language sound so shit? Everything sounds so harsh and stilted.

It's not bad, actually. I think I could like it if the dialect wasn't so off putting.
A hell of a lot better than the Iberian dub, for sure.

>German dub sounds like more than one person dubbed the characters for once
That's surprising
Also, what's the deal with Castilian dubs? Do they only have one woman to dub female characters?

Pasta or stupid?

>it's not pasta

Both. It came up in the prior deleted thread.

Wow. First time german actually sounds pretty good.

It's a thing even in live action youtube.com/watch?v=wTpCLg3AksU

Not just in Japan either
youtube.com/watch?v=jVhlJNJopOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1AtrI9PoiBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CkrpvCs-kfE

I'm French but I have not seen the VF yet but if you say it too I'll go .

Americans are out of breath.

Are they literally too fat to breath?

No I mean that the end of their lines sound so breath-y and bad like they're trying to sound as autistic as possible by speaking in a whisper-like way

The acting is great though, and the wording of the dialogue is much improved.

I'm surprised by how well that french VA fits her. Anything but english seems to be good.

yes, too fat to breath. ELL go away

>Anything but english seems to be good.
EOP

It's often hard to tell how bad a dub is if you don't speak its language.

Because French accents are cute, even shitty fake ones.
youtube.com/watch?v=3hfCQAohSyQ

Have you considered that it's a conscious artistic choice of them? At all?

It takes more work to make it look like it does than for it to look more ordinary; they could have undone it any point they felt like but didn't. So, it's intentionally like that; you're not some fucking super genius for pointing out it looks like that.

French always sounds like they're trying to spit something out, I've always wondered what English sounds like to a non-English speaker (French words aside)

This is actually impressive. Might try this on the next episode. My French should be good enough that I might not even need subtitles too.

I only like the italian dubs. It sound prety good for my, also I'm not italian

I really liked Italian and american Spanish

Was it also an artistic choice to have the characters aliased this badly? They could have fixed it at any point they felt like but didn't.

Halp. Where can I pirate each audio version?

How many VEG threads did the mods purge today? 3?

You guys sure like to make endless threads about a show you hate.

I think the point they're making is that people won't stop being shitposting faggots false-flagging with ridiculous OPs and to stop the studio wars bullshit.

I'm not a pro but I think it's intentional. It reflects strong light from her back.

Of course it's an artisitic choice, but I'm just saying I think it looks bad.

Not this asshole but you can create some really engaging environments by slamming on or withholding filters.

Definite perk of this post-ink-and-paint era. Pic is JC Staff but KyoAni does this well, too.

Holy fuck, a German dub that doesn't have the girl sound cringy as fuck. Picked the fuck up.

It won't stop until the people who loved it have convinced even themselves that they hate it and the people who hate it have begun to genuinely enjoy it.
At this rate that's going to be pretty soon.

>KyoAni does this well
Yeah, see, that's where the disagreement is. There's a right and a wrong way, and what were getting with VEG is the wrong way.

>kyoani's filter cancer even shows up in the hibike op's 3dpd music video

French dub is actually good. Also I swear Violet's voice sounds familiar in the French dub. The English one sounds off. What were they thinking with Hodgins voice? He's supposed be an experienced veteran, yet he sounds like a 20 year old.

I'll be watching this in French only from now on.

Isn't German dubs always the same girl?

No but they usually try to imitate the forced high pitch Japanese girls use when they speak.

lmao listening to the castilian i can clearly imagine a 50 year old hispanic housewife
german cringe as fuck as always
japanese seiyuu a whole different league. no language will ever compare

yes they all sound about the same and its insulting what kind of amateurs they hire to voice masterpieces. literally every single german dub sounds autistic as fuck and makes me want to stab someone

>japanese seiyuu a whole different league
Obviously they are better overall, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Nip VAs aren't that great.

>grorious nippon master race

it's true though

theres probably less bad jp VAs than there are good VAs in other languages combined

I went to Your Name german dubbed today. I think it was pretty cringy at first, especially the female protagonist, but I got used to it some time in. Sounded exactly like in Violet Evergarden.

Why bother dubbing something in fucking Castilian? They can all just deal with Spanish.

>covering the whole show from start to finish with the same washed out muted filter
>muh artistic vision
I get it. The director is washing everything out either to try to mirror the protagonists perspective/mood (i.e. bullshit) or is simply done because it's an alternate history piece and the director is a hack and thinks "muted colors = old timey." Doesn't make it any less distracting, and despite what your hoighty toity holier than thou ass thinks it ain't fucking clever.

i'm sorry to hear that

But you don't understand, being a contrarian ironic weeb is the hot thing to be now.

He's not wrong though, his writing style just reeks of retardation.
Nips are the best and only choice because they are the makers and so, they understand the work much more. Also, there are actual seiyuu schools and voiceacting is a very famous thing and it actually pays, instead of being some 3rd rate shit job nobody gives a shit about like in the West.

It's not too far to say that voiceacting is completely different and much more developed in Japan compared to other countries. Even a country like France simply pales in comparison.

I think the Spanish dub is pretty good. She sounds cute. Italian takes the cake though.

I can't even rate the Spanish fellow since it sounds like he's having to communicate with her over vent. I swear I've played Guild Wars with that guy

Well, I can take it with humor. I enjoyed it.

>They think those spics are gonna be worth the VA's salaries

>tfw when watching the episode and never got distracted by the blur or lights.
>Go online and everyone is throwing a tantrum

Am I just blind or is it the famous kyoani hate-boner?

>Nips are the best and only choice because they are the makers and so, they understand the work much more.
This is bullshit. Especially in this case. If it were some idiosyncratically japanese anime you'd have a point. As is, it's just the basest Nip-worship weeaboo retardation.

Reminder that Benedict dies and it makes Violet lose her shit.

Wow. The huedub is actually good.

>it's true though
You don't even understand Japanese you stupid dweeb.

The first scene of the German doesn't even mention the words "I love you"

それ わ あなた が かんがえる もの です
i can't read a lot of kanji yet (prob around ten) but i understand probably a lot more than you

Saying "no it's not because I say so" doesn't have any weight.

No you don't.

何それ
餌か

does it in Japanese?

>それ わ

Based quints of truth.

>american Spanish, german & Italian
It just fit the characters greatly.

Can Germans love?

aa shut up i know

For a Kraut love is life and life is love. So no.

Your argument is no different. The people doing the adaptation have access to all the info the Japanese VAs have. Your argument would only make sense in the case of culturally non-transmissible/untranslatable elements which the Japanese staff would understand intuitively but would not really be able to impart on the staff doing the adaptation, elements which VEG doesn't actually have.

Shouting "ICH LIEBE DICK" is the purest form of German love.

At least there's like hundreds of millions of them. Who the hell speaks Castile?

The Spanish.

>Also I swear Violet's voice sounds familiar in the French dub.

Well, it's not like there's a shitload of actors to dub anime, so you often hear the same bunch of voices.

Yes it does. It's a bit of rewriting in order to make the dub actually more fluid instead of just doing word per word translation. It's actually fairly clever.
It was only half of my argument. Usually, anime studios call upon the writer of the original work in order to get a more in-depth understanding of the characters and have that person work with them. Japanese studios can do that, foreign dubbing studios can't.

I thought it was just some irrelevant region in Spain.

fuck you faggot
In den Ofen gehörst du

Seiyuus have years of experience working with anime on their backs, foreigners don't.
The script is written in japanese for japanese, with all of its verb and honorific nuances.
The timing and character mouth movements are made to match the japanese version precisely, not the dubs.

Fuck off.

Different user here, but also the depth of understanding of foreign VAs depends on the quality of the translation they're reading from. It can completely change the feel/meaning and fundamentally confuse them about their character.

Mexican Spanish best Spanish

Fucking castillian piece of crap

Back to your DBS containment thread