Dropped Anime/Manga

ITT: The pettiest or most stupid reasons you or someone you know dropped an anime or manga.

>mfw my friend dropped Berserk because of Puck

Things he said include:
>I wasn't digging the fairy boy pussy
>And the lizard fight scene wasn't that impressive
>I hate elves and that shit
>Bro if this sums up tha Manga it's a trash Manga
>The elves in SAO didn't look that bad
>The fairy and sprite shit makes me cringe, and his name is Puck like how cliche
>I'm sorry but I've seen all three episodes of Boku no Pico and Berserk has got to be the gayest shit I've ever seen.
>Don't tell me to step up when you fap to little boy fairies
>Puck is nasty as fuck
>Berserk fans are the type of weirdos who play dungeons and dragons at a gay bar
>Lol there's no reason Puck's even there

I usually drop the anime or manga based on the looks on the drawings. Also, if the cg is too shitty or the MC has only sluts and no bro male friends. to the trash it goes.

I totally understand this. It's obvious when something is harem trash or low budget.

Sometimes I just watch something and enjoy it, then do a pause and just drop it because I forgot which exact episode I was on. That has to be by far the pettiest reason ever.

ive dropped a series because one character out of the whole cast had an annoying voice

im guilty of this. i have at least 4 or 5 series i never finished because i accidentally closed my browser or my power went out or something and i didnt remember the episode number.

Dropped citrus because all the yuri in the world can't offset my aversion to tense scenarios and drama. It's the reason I mostly watch moeshit and fee things with actual plot. Dropped too many shows for this reason.

I dropped Clannad after a couple of episodes because I couldn't get over the fucking eyes which is crazy because I watched all of xxxHolic without caring about the noodle proportions.

Dropped Shin Sekai Yori because the alien slug thing was just so fucking stupid to me at the time, and I just got bored of the world-building. I'll probably pick it up again someday.

Would be cool if they really were sluts, but they don't put out.

I've dropped something because I missed an episode one week and I couldn't be bothered catching up.

>I'm sorry but I've seen all three episodes of Boku no Pico and Berserk has got to be the gayest shit I've ever seen.
>Berserk fans are the type of weirdos who play dungeons and dragons at a gay bar
he's right tho
>The elves in SAO didn't look that bad
here's where he fucked up

I think I dropped FMA solely because I hate sepia. and I've never finished FLCL because I thought it was too high iq to me (later I got to know it's about a boner? I might resume it later)

Literally every single Trigger anime.

Friend asked me to recommend a Manga. He doesn't read that much stuff besides the well known shounen series. I recommended One Punch Man which was about half a year before the Anime.
> No it sounds stupid

Watched the Anime because hype. he didn't even rember that I recommended it to him months before that. Still reads the Manga and denies that I ever recommended it.

Also the same guy dropped Steins;gate since "nothing happend" in the first 2 episodes. Dropped No Game no Life and Bakemonogatari because of panty shots.

I should've dropped Blend S when the trap came in

I forgot the worst one:

>Nah I don't want to watch Madoka subbed. I prefer dub since I can do other stuff alongide since I don't have to watch at the screen all the time.

>watch fate apocrypha
>fuckboy nobody homunculus wrecks everyone and makes the blonde big titted girl's pussy flow like a river
>dropped

I stopped watching Speed Grapher because someone a friend who was kind of annoying me at the time loved it. Cant think of a pettier reason than that.

It's a pretty good show too, whoops.

Someone in a comment section claimed that he dropped TTGL at Episode 5 because it's "Obviously another shonen with PLOT ARMOR" It wasn't bait.

>show uses CG for vehicles/mechs
>shitty CG at that

Blend S really went to shit closer to the end but I wouldn't blame the token trapshit character, if anything it was one of the least annoying ways to execute that kind of of character. He is constantly breaking his act and shifting his voice to a manlier one, that is certainly something you dont quite see often during these days of "draw a girl and call it a boy".

Isn't the design of the fairy faithful to ye old European fantasies. They're usually depicted as being naked. Who fucking cares, Jesus Christ.

>I prefer dub since I can do other stuff
Guilty of this. Unless it's a God-tier dub like YYH or Baccano I usually prefer the original versions, but these days sitting alone on my computer giving an anime my full attention just feels like a waste of time, I like to multitask.

Usually drop within a few episodes if character building is weak.

Did he only read one chapter?

don't multitask, watch in 2x speed instead

>>Berserk fans are the type of weirdos who play dungeons and dragons at a gay bar

Are you suggesting this isn't true, though?

>Character is excessively retarded but its not a comedy anime

I dropped Umineko because Battler was an obstinate fucking idiot

why the fuck do watch it than. if you don't want to spend the time on it, just do something else. this half assed attitude really pisses me of.

>not giving an anime your full attention
Why even watch it then? So you can list it on your anime database of choice? You're the same as housewives who split their attention between daytime soap operas and laundry.

got my friends into berserk by one night getting them all drunk and watched the 3rd movie. The rape scene really fucked with them, and when asked what happened and if there's more. I just told them, read the manga, and they all did. Now they're all pissed cause of the hiatus.

Not really, though. He's stubborn, but he really shines through at times.
At any rate, don't think of him so much. Just focus on the story behind the story.

he's right and your friend talks like a 14 year old

Pick it back up right this instant mister

Dropped Cyan's anime because of 3DCGI Furries.
Such a great character design, ruined.

I dropped You're Under Arrest because one of the characters 60 year old father married a 20 year old and became reoccuring characters.

>Main character is retarded even by anime standards
That fucking yuri manga with ntr in the name made my eyes bleed each chapter.

dropped citrus because the way the third girl was introduced was forced drama. but i really liked it before that so i might give it another shot

>Also the same guy dropped Steins;gate since "nothing happend" in the first 2 episodes.
Honestly I almost dropped that show because the first half was so boring, but I held out because I knew of the massive hype around it.

I was joking, user. but you don't have to be so purist, not every anime requires that much attention

I drop stuff when I haven't watched it in awhile regardless of my opinion on it. I figure if I was really interested i'd make the time to watch

I dropped Gabu drop after that line about the Dark Lord and the kitchen sink line

I agree with him

I dropped Fist of the North star anime because it was bad.

There's literally nothing wrong with watching at 1.5x speed. I started doing that for slower series when I had 300 things in backlog to catch up

the thing is I kinda understand his complaint, but he watched only 2 epsiodes and thinks he can judge the entire series on this alone. I told him over and over that something will happen later, but nope he didn't watch it.

It really upsets me, because he always ask me what I'd recommend only to just not watch it or drop it emediatley since he has the attention span of a 3 years old. Instead he watches stuff I advise him against almost every time.

>why do you watch it then
Because I like watching anime, but lets be honest, it's not a medium that even deserves half of my attention

>I like this thing but I don't like paying attention to it
Maybe you just don't like it then.

Since you asked so nicely I backlogged it

No, I like it.

I guess somewhat petty but if I know that a character is going to die or some other important part/ aspect of the series i'll refuse to watch the series entirely. For example some fuckwad in a legendary of the galactic heroes thread spoiled some important part of the series without hiding the font so now can't watch that now. always wanted to watch the series but since I got spoiled one very specific instance of the series I'll never watch the series in my life. Same with Tatami galaxy, got spoiled a certain part of the series by a friend and can't ever watch it but would love to have watched it if I didn't get spoiled.

I see CG, I usually drop it. It's why I've never seen the Rebuild of Eva movies.

I almost dropped Shingeki no Kyojin because (watch out for an actual use of the spoiler as it was intended) Eren turns into a titan and I was afraid the series would be a shounen rather than a seinin (as I was hoping to be). it does is a shounen if anyone is interested, but a good one and I'm happy I didn't do it

I dropped ReZero as soon as Subaru gets warped into the other world after stepping off the store, then i picked up Konosuba right after and watched all of it. I did come back to ReZero to finish it, though.

>seiyuufu gets killed off in episode 1

I felt that way about Madoka for years cause retards had spoiled half the major plot twists beforehand, but when I finally buckled down and watched it I was impressed by how much I still didn't see coming. It's now one of my favorites. Point is, if you're spoiled there's probably a lot you still don't know.

dropped an anime because it was shit

Mei may be autistic but it's the most heartwarming thing you'll see

Dropped SamFlam because I didn't like both of the MCs even though I only watched 1 episode. But that's probably more laziness.

I dropped another anime because I hated the OP one time but I forgot which one.

dropped spice and wolf because nude holo looked fucking disgusting

Yeah I get what your saying. I got spoiled on one part of game of thrones but i mean there are plenty of parts in that series that are big spoiler moments. But there are some anime/tv series or other form of media that really can be totally spoiled for you by just one spoilery detail. For example, off topic of anime but for fight club if you were given the big twist it would ruin the whole movie for anybody. The movie revolves heavily around its big twist.

really now?

Gundam Seed, Fafner... anything with Hiraiface, really. It pisses me off too, because stuff like Fafner is Extremely My Shit, his faces just ruin everything

That's fair. I felt that way about Sixth Sense.

I didn't "drop" Clannad per se but I won't watch it because the art style looks terrible. Same with Kanon and Ef. Are any of them worth it?

people only watch clannad to say they've watched clannad

Dropped Log Horizon 2 because it was boring as shit.

I dropped Evangelion at around 11 episodes in because it was shit.

>I like watching anime
>it doesn't deserve even half my attention
What's it like being wrong, and lying to yourself on top of that?

Will drop an anime if one of the characters is annoyingly hyper or just annoying

>Sword Oratoria: that fucking cunt elf
>Mikakagua School Suite: the MC bitch
>Himouto: Fuck that hamster's annoying
>InuxBoku SS: Want to put that dog down

Yeah, the guy I was talking about unironically likes SAO.

He didn't even make it through. It's that fucking ridiculous.

your friend might've been telling you he's gay and doesn't know how to come out

I actually asked him why he was so uncomfortable looking at the male body, and he got all defensive.

I dropped FMA Brotherhood because the first handful of episodes were so abysmal it killed my interest in it.

I remember being specifically irritated when Trisha appeared in the episode that focused on Ed and Al's past, and then five seconds later they cut to the two brothers mourning on her grave. What the fuck was that about?

Friend of mine dropped Steins;Gate because of Ruka.

I dropped nobunaga the fool the second I heard one character was named leonardo da vinci. I dont even know if it was a bad anime or not but I just thought the name was really stupid and I wasnt willing to give it a chance.

I usually drop anime the second it turns into dbz

kill him

I dropped Black Butler when the evil loli came back at the end of the episode. Lack of consequences pissed me off.

I dropped Bleach Ichigo beat Ulq based on his hollow. So tired of his hollow saving him.

Dropped Zankyou no Terror when their terrorist attack was reported as not having killed anyone.

Dropped Valvrave when they didn't vote for based Satomi.

Dropped Kill La Kill when they revealed Life Fibers are aliens.

Dropped One Piece as soon as the OP was done. Song and art were shit.

Dropped Madoka when I heart it relies on twists.

Dropped Clannad in 20 seconds after seeing character designs.

Dropped Code Geass ( later watched) when Suzaku hit the camera.

Dropped Psycho Pass the moment it was revealed Kogami was a detective.

Dropped Aldnoah Zero when Eggs defeated a guy with laser beam swords using undergraduate physics lessons.

Dropped Log Horizon when other characters started pushing up their glasses.

Dropped Evangelion after a shit OP.

Dropped Unlimited Blade Works when Shirou got attacked by lancer and stabbed/cut etc. but was barely in pain.

Dropped Boku no Hero Academia when Midoriya got his quirk from All Might.

name 5 anime that you've successfully completed

I dropped Hibike Euphonium after this

Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Stein's Gate
Samurai Champloo
Blood+
Tengen Toppa Guren Lagan

Your friend sounds like a Chad.

That's completely reasonable though. If you don't want tense drama it's not for you.

I've never seen a show backpedaling out of yuri as hard as Hibikek.

to be fair berserk, especially the golden age, has a lot homoerotic undertones. One of the biggest debates is whether griffith is gay and in love with guts, griffith for sure had sex with a pederast to fund his army, one of the biggest themes in the golden age is guts insecurity after being raped by another men, etc. puck is probably the least gay thing about berserk, but hating what is arguably the best piece of sword and sorcery ever made because of a little bit of gay shit makes me think your friend is 13 or 14. That type of extreme nonsensical insecurity is something pretty much exclusive to teenagers.

I dropped re zero because it's shit.

just today, I dropped Beatless because I had to go poop. came back and didn't feel like watching it anymore

>Dropped Madoka when I heart it relies on twists.
what the fuck

Not a single show or manga, but I tend to lose investment when a show or manga starts focusing more on fanservice.
Like, if the show started out as jerk off material, sure, great even, but I hate it when a show starts off a certain way with a bit of it here and there and just fucking goes full on jigglin tits constantly. Just annoys me for some reason.

Jesus, how do you watch any show when you have such an adamant hatred of plot twists.

Most of those aren't "plot twists", they're shit writing or a lead in to predictably poor writing, user-san.

I think you're just dumb.

pleb

I think you're both missing the point of this thread and a pleb. The two likely go hand in hand.

I do this all the fucking time. I have to wait at least 6 months before i can be assed picking it up again.

The main antagonist of (episode 15 or so) Accel World made my autism tingle real hard.

You're friend sounds like an alright but mildly retarded guy with good taste

I drop most animes when weebs refuse to use the localized names and insist on using the japanese name. Except my hero, cause that one is pretty cool.

I dropped white album s2. After ep 1 because the girl I find cute apparently loses

Not necessarily dropped but I'm probably never gonna touch the gundam franchise hecause of how bloated and massive it is

At least watch 0079.

I dropped HeroAca after seeing that snail thing. I'm glad it became a meme because that's simply horrendous.