What is the point of his character? He's been useless since being introduced. Why is he still in Guts' party?

What is the point of his character? He's been useless since being introduced. Why is he still in Guts' party?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kx-1TghelNQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He will become the MC once guts dies.

I will actually kill myself if that happens.

Miura literally forgot what he was there for.

I think he's there to be cute, like a "lil stinker" kinda character. Isn't that what Puck does 90% of the time?

Comic relief

Why? Isn't he like 10 years old but is capable of fighting demons? He's a badass

SACRIFICE!

Puck was that at first, but still had other traits to his character. He was also critical in Guts' survival. Isidro on the other hand seems to exist solely for shitty jokes. He's supposed to be Guts' disciple or something but Miura apparently scrapped that because he hasn't trained at all with him.

Someone growing up is fun to follow. I personally preferred the band of the hawk parts a lot more than the current magical comedy adventures, but those had Guts developing as a character and growing in strength. The current Guts can't develop as much since he's already pretty well developed so a new growing character was needed.

Except he's not really growing or developing. He's still the same comic relief character he was when he was introduced. Schierke's been the one who's gotten the most attention, and at the expense of other characters' development.

He represents the innocence Guts lost as a child.

dunno but a negro should visit him at night and force some character progresion on him.

Lucky little fucker. Fishtits dropped right into his hands.

I dunno; he seems to be slowly getting more competent.

his contributions to most fights boils down to "managed not to die".

I don't care for most of the characters in the group anymore. Perhaps it's them, perhaps it's me, perhaps it's that this shit has been dragging on for too long, but I wouldn't mind Guts striking off on his own again.

I thank god everyday despite browsing this site I did not become as degenerate as this guy.

Agreed. I remember watching the '97 anime and loving the shit out of how dark and fucked up things were, so I was surprised and disappointed to see how light-hearted and comical the manga was at times, especially after the whole party was formed. It turned into some Lord of the Rings adventure out of nowhere and none of them have even died yet.

Watching SK defend all this recent shit from Miura is hilarious and pathetic.

I don't mind a balance between dark and light. The same balance doesn't exist anymore and these characters have gotten boring.

I'm pretty sure if you were an ordinary kid on a party that fight demons on a daily basis being able to not die is quite the achievement. And he did kill some creatures and also saved casca once.

Its a family, the family guts couldn't find with the band of the hawk.

Guts is building something he never had, and doesn't even know it

Schierke is a great daughter

The kid isnt a great character, but he'll probably die and give Guts something new to fight for

I wonder if he'll be an adult when the leave the shores of Elfhelm

I want Guts being ultimately mad, so Schierke needs to die too.

he will die, instead of rikert, to trigger guts to the final berserker form

Would Guts really care that much? He'd be mad, but I don't think they're that close to push him there.

I miss pre-Conviction arc Berserk.

>guts' daughter wants to fuck him
Pretty messed up desu.

Farnese too. Why'd Miura have to throw harem shit into this?

Because (and I hate to say this) Berserk is well past its prime. Miura's lost his writing talents or doesn't care about it anymore.

Should have dropped it after schierke appeared.

You know, for a series as dark and fucked up as Berserk I'm surprised there hasn't been any incest thus far.

Midland King wanted to fuck Princess Charlotte.

He's Gut's apprentice. He's the "Bat" to Guts, in fact he might have been inspired by him.

Incidentally, if Gambino was switched with Guts; this is what their dynamic would've been like if Guts played the father role instead.

Berserk lost its bleakness a long time ago.

He didn't get to though. But that is the closest we've seen, so it's something I guess.

He's his apprentice, but how much of that dynamic has been touched upon? Because I barely remember Isidro training or learning with Guts. Guts has spent a lot of time with Schierke and Isidro with Puck, but the two don't really interact much or have a bond.

Look at him, who wouldn't want to fuck him

I think this is the last time it's been touched on other than Guts does entrust Ishidoro with important jobs in combat. The first challenge Guts gives him is the first job he did for the Band of the Hawk which was becoming a important rearguard for the vulnerable part of their group as he takes on the main threat as a one man army. Guts has his faith in him and when he said a armed child is a countable war asset was drawn from the fact that he was once a child soldier too in his life. After this, he never tells him to stay back with Farnese and Caska so he can help him fight off the opposing army along with Serpico during a melee.

You're right that he's with Puck more often because Miura hasn't have any plans to writing more Berserk other than drawing Schierke doing cute magical girl shit.

That's a good example, but it's an exception. We don't really see the two interact in a teacher-student or father-son way.
>You're right that he's with Puck more often because Miura hasn't have any plans to writing more Berserk other than drawing Schierke doing cute magical girl shit.
I don't get why she gets so much attention. Isidro and Puck basically got ignored/ruined because so much time has been spent on her. Isidro might have had decent character development and Puck could have been tolerable again if she wasn't the focus a lot of the time. I get that she's important to the story and that's fine, but why waste two characters?

They're negligible characters he has relegated to comic relief.

I agree, he reminds me of Vaan from FFXII. At least he's just a minor character.

Well it was called the Golden Age for a reason, not just in the story. It wont get any better than that.

what's the point of anything in Berserk? it's just edgelord nonsense

Personification of naivete.

He's the rogue and antithesis to loli mage. Its not that hard to understand.

Gut's apprentice. And Schierke needs a boyfriend too (Guts belongs to Casca and you know it).

I don't know but it's clear that Farnese will be Serpico's endgame and Schierke will be Isidro's endgame, in fact the party is constructed by ships and pairs.

So basically farnese level

>serpico
>not dying
Silat and the Tapasa have a better shot at life. Speaking of, what happen to Silat's army? Didn't he have a huge group of Bakiraka when Griffith got his human body back?

What is the point of this annoying girl

But isn't that the same for everyone? Early guts was like that.

To get mindbroken when she sees Guts killing all of the apostles in front of her.

power creeping user.
Yep even berserk has it

The only possibilities are:
>he does something unforgivable to someone else in an attempt to emulate Guts, causing Guts to suffer
>something terrible happens to him because he is close to Guts, causing Guts to suffer
and it can't be forgotten that its been some time since a character in Berserk has been raped...

>that short intro with a bg character explaining how she's mindbroken from seeing her parents set on fire
She's a deluded girl who had successfully brainwashed the masses to follow Griffith and the demons. More accurately, she's just a puppet to voice what Griffith wants to portray to the humans. When you know that, her pretense feels less human since she's a tool in every figurative way and her obsession with Griffith may have been artificially imprinted.

>Schrike offers lore on magic and shit so important to the party
>Farnese and Serpico offer exposition to the politics so kind of important, one of them could die, more than likely Serpico
>Puck offers exposition on the Fae so massively important to the overall quest

What does Isidro offer compared to the rest?

>I don't know but it's clear that Farnese will be Serpico's endgame
Eh, I thought this too until I found out that they were blood-related, but it is medieval times so who knows.

None of the party members besides Schierke are pulling their weight desu, while Schierke's contributions are second only to Guts

in what way is Serpico not pulling his own weight?
he has fought tons of monsters since joining the party. Guts even acknowledged his skill and intelligence both times they fight.

I miss him bruhs

we all do, we alldo, user...

youtube.com/watch?v=Kx-1TghelNQ

best op of all anime ever

also 97 berserk was the single greatest cour of all time
why is berserk so fucking good? it towers over other anime.

;_;

this was the death that broke me

elektra complex

Serpico and Farnese are half-siblings.

There is no point. Miura the hack got tired of his dark fantasy setting and turned Berserk into a JRPG.
We have a fucking kid fighting along Guts now, a loli witch and a mermaid.
I wouldn't be surprised if some talking animal joins their party at this point.

He went to hell.

this user here made a lot of sense

trips of truth

>JRPG
>implying there's anything inherently bad about JRPGs
Hello r****t, go back to your home

>Schierke is a great daughter
haha yeah bro I loved it when she was naked and blushing moe uguu when Guts was sleeping haha what a touching family moment

>>serpico
>>not dying

Yeah but he'll still manage to knock her up before biting

This. Miura devalued the father-daughter relationship by adding lolicon pandering.

I disagree with his sentiment. I thought the whole point of the band of the hawk was that they were basically like a family to Guts.
That you don't have to "settle down" with a wife and kids, that even a band of mercenaries can become like family to you. They weren't his "co-workers", they were more than that.

I never said there was anything inherently wrong with JRPGs,
but JRPGs have been traditionally rather light-hearted and kid-friendly.
Berserk's tone was really dark and edgy from the beginning, so the direction Miura took with the series after the Eclipse is rather jarring.

>le reddit boogeyman
wew

>pandering
Nope, pretty sure he's just a lolicon. People making your anime, manga, and games like the shit they put in there. Their right.

My point is that that one moment sticks out like a massive pimple in an otherwise potentially touching dynamic between Guts and Schierke. It's fine if she has a crush on Guts, it's cute, but having her get naked with her ass sticking out blushing ruins it.

I want guts to fuck the dumb inquisition slut not the retard casca
Race mixing is degenerate and she's not even a good character.

>Lot's daughters all over again
Pottery

Black Swordman's arc has implied incestuous rape

DELET

an awful source of comedy

I don't even hate Isidro.
But maybe he should've ended up training with Rickert and the Kushans while Guts and Family went to their jolly Elfhelm holiday.

Isidro will probably try and kill Griffith to please Guts and end up dying in his attempt, Guts will learn with his death revenge is pointless or something like that.

Guts isn't even white you fucking retard. Don't self-insert your faggot race onto him.

Explain?

Wasnt it shown that Farnese tried to come on to him and start something but Serpico rejected her? He is aware that they are half-siblings so I dont think he wants to start anything romantic.

Only because Miura made her his writers pet. None of the other characters have gotten the same attention and favoritism she has.

Whoops, was supposed to be for not you. My bad.

What about Isma though? You think there will be some jealousy of Schierkes side and a love triangle situation happens?

You talkin shit about best girl?

>implying Schierke would be jealous of fucking Isidro
She doesn't give a fuck.

Magic sword n shit. Guts was already hulking out at that age, being a merc and all. Just turn the kid into a rouge type. He fights fodder anyway.

She's best girl

You dont know that. Maybe they will have some time alone like Guts and Casca did in that one battle and then they get closer.

I guess he was intended to be his successor or protege, or hell father figure.

But that all went out the window when Schierke came to play and took all those roles, now Ishidro is nothing but Pucks comedy pal, alongside that other Fairy who is even more pointless than he himself is.

Shit sucks, he was ok in his first arc, all of that fell apart though. I'd say the most worthless person in the squad is Isma though, what in the ever loving fuck does she bring to the table?

>what in the ever loving fuck does she bring to the table?
Big ol' fish milkers!

> it's clear that
>Schierke will be Isidro's

Didn't he get his own Mermaid fucktoy?
Hell her entire purpose was probably just to make sure that he doesn't get it on with Schierke.

Farnese will probably get that noble guy and Serpico will probably fucking die somewhere. I mean look at him, dude isn't really allowed to do anything.